HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:38 pm

klarification wrote:


Also, waking up to this news:

Quote :
Russia’s ‘tiny genius’ prepares to take on ‘The Queen’ for figure skating gold

I thought I would be upset that they are completely disregarding Mao, but surprisingly I feel okay with the spotlight on these two. Let them battle it out, I don't care! I just want Mao to do two clean skates, and go out with a bang. Of course, OGM would be a wonderful way to secure her legacy but it's not the end of the world if she doesn't get it. As long as she skates the lights out, I'd be one happy and thankful fan.  Rockstar

I logged in to my PC and saw that on my Win8 screen also and I was like  scratch Commentator  haha!

I don't care now. I just want Mao's skate to do the talking.
Mao, please, when you step onto the rink later just say to yourself "3A means nothing... I am not novice. I am Mao Asada." and then own that piece and have the short program of your life. We all know you can!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:21 pm

[quote="zarinaballerina"]
klarification wrote:


[

chapis, I've just been to Golden Skate and someone kindly explained what the article is about. The original was written in Korean paper (surprise, not Rolling Eyes ) and all Speedy said (in casual conversation) according to this poster was, that if he were to bet his money on someone it would be Kim, because she doesn' get easily intimidated. All will come down to mental toughness, or something like this.

Yes, thank you, it was a mistake in translation but as president of the isu may be he should reserve his comments even if it is a question.
I am very nervous, now I understand to Mao  Laughing at first of the olympics I was kind of relaxed but now when the time for the sp is closer I am getting very anxious. Poor Mao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 781
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Georgia, United States

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:51 pm

My one wish for Mao before her Sp is for her to NOT slow down too much before going into her 3a. That's what causing her to UR and 2foot her landing. I watched her entrance during her practice yesterday and her entrance during 2005-08, and one major change is the amount of time it takes her to setup her 3a now than she did then. What ever fear she has about her jumps, she has to overcome it/them if she wants to succeed tomorrow/today.

fingers crossed she will overcome her jumps fears before competing her SP/LP.   Worship

Her winning OGM doesn't matter to me as much as her skating her absolute best in both programs.  Good luck and many blessings to you Mao...and all of the competitors.   cheers  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 33
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Well, I haven’t been here for a very, very long time, but on the eve of the ladies’ short program, I thought I would drop by and wish Mao good luck!  Good luck! 

Mao-chan, I first saw you when you were an adorable 15-year old wunderkind who brought such infectious joy to the ice.  flower   Since then, it has been an absolute privilege to watch you grow into a sublime ballerina on the ice and an exemplary person off the ice.  Even though you have faced enormous pressure, encountered numerous difficulties, and received lots of criticism, you were always gracious, and you never complained.  Your constant desire to strive to be better, to challenge yourself, and to aim not just for medals but for your vision of a perfect performance—these were all an inspiration for me.   Worship  Worship  Worship   Over the next two days, I hope that you skate the short and long program of your dreams and walk away with a gold medal!  Cheering  Cheering 

To the members of this forum—it has been a privilege and a pleasure to share Mao’s journey with you.  Many Hearts I have always felt that the fans on this forum are some of the most welcoming, warm-hearted, and thoughtful fans in the world—a true reflection of Mao herself!  Mushy Love 

**
After watching those practice clips, I can't help but think, gee, I've really missed the loop combos!  I love how Mao just pops up into the air immediately after completing the first jump!   Thumbs up! 

On a more serious note, although I am hoping that Mao wins, I am seriously nervous about the competition and Mao’s chances.   pale   When I looked at the starting order and saw that Mao will be skating last, my heart started hammering!   affraid  affraid 

I do believe, however, that since Mao is skating last, if she skates clean and nails the triple axel, she can set a new world record score in the short program.   Yep!  Her “Nocturne” SP is just a masterpiece, and I do think the judges will reward it if she skates it perfectly!  Dance 

However, I do feel like Yulia has the momentum, and she has the home crowd advantage, and she has been skating very cleanly.  And Yuna just seems to know how to be perfect in the major competitions.  But if everyone is thinking that the gold medal fight is between Yuna and Yulia, then I do think Mao can sneak in there and take the gold if they mess up and she skates clean.

So c’mon Mao, find that fighting spirit, that “semeru kimochi,” and go out and make up for that mistake you made in the team competition by skating perfectly.  Go Mao!!   Cheering Cheering Cheering 

Tomorrow I may not be able to comment on the forum during the competition, but I will be watching it live and hoping and praying for Mao!!  Happy dance

_________________
Because I believe Mao Asada will be the "Princess of Winter" and win Olympic gold.
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2009-01-14
Age : 31
Location : MÉXICO

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Welcome back Batsuchan  flower 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 33
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:12 pm

chapis wrote:
Welcome back Batsuchan  flower 

Thanks chapis!  I love you  NBC had a mini ladies event preview, and they named Yuna, Mao and Yulia as the gold medal contenders.  They also showed Mao landing a beauty of a triple axel!  cheers

_________________
Because I believe Mao Asada will be the "Princess of Winter" and win Olympic gold.
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Welcome back, Batsuchan!

I am wondering right now why I am not as nervous as I thought I would be... I hope it's a sign of good things to come for Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Welcome back batsuchan!
And thanks for the wonderful post!  Wub 

roma wrote:
Welcome back, Batsuchan!

I am wondering right now why I am not as nervous as I thought I would be... I hope it's a sign of good things to come for Mao.

You should tell me your secret roma! I might not be able to sleep because I am too nervous for our girl.  Faint2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:31 pm

klarification wrote:
Welcome back batsuchan!
And thanks for the wonderful post!  Wub 

roma wrote:
Welcome back, Batsuchan!

I am wondering right now why I am not as nervous as I thought I would be... I hope it's a sign of good things to come for Mao.

You should tell me your secret roma! I might not be able to sleep because I am too nervous for our girl.  Faint2

Klarification, maybe because I am code tracing right now. My mind is focused on finishing this so I can go home on time and concentrate on the ladies later. haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:01 pm

NEW FORUM!!! I was nervous a few days ago, but now, I feel calmer. In all honesty, as long as Mao is happy, I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asada_Rising

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 25
Location : California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:14 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Sorry people, I'm a bitch so I actually want Mao to win gold in whatever way possible.
Don't get me wrong, of course I want her to have 2 fantastic skates, and I do believe she can do it.
But even if things turn out like the mens event, I'd be totally fine with Mao winning in the same sort of way Yuzu did. She's already said that she hopes to bring home OGM if she can, which means she's got her competitor spirit back in shape again. She will be skating to give the best performances of her life, but at the same time, she will be skating for the win and if she skates 2 clean pros, logically there is no way she can lose provided the judges score fairly.

So I am going to save the 'I'm okay since Mao seems happy even though she didn't win' attitude only for after the entire event is over. Until then, I am going to stick to believing she can perform great and win, cause I'm sure that's exactly what Mao is trying hard to believe in right now.

I've been nervous since yesterday, I'm terrified to watch the ladies' event, but I know that's precisely because I believe Mao has much a chance for OGM as any other skater this time, unlike Vancouver Olys. Back then I already knew they'd never give Mao anything higher than silver, so I wasn't as nervous as I am now, and all I hoped was for her to be able to be satisfied with her skate and be able to smile in the end. But we can hope for a hell of a lot more this time. So if any of you are a nervous wreck as I am now, consider yourselves living proof that Mao has a good chance for OGM this time. Smile 

It's all up to her now. All we can do is pray and hope her best so let's do that well. flower 

I understand how you feel. I suddenly started having the tinniest of nervous break downs. I honestly don't know how I will make it through tomorrow because I will be at work during the time of the last 3 groups. Since I am in the pacific time zone I will have to wait a good 10+ hours until I can watch NBC coverage. pale  (me all day tomorrow). I will be staying away from all forms of technology and social media because I don't think I will be able to concentrate if I know the results good or bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:24 pm

Asada_Rising wrote:

I understand how you feel. I suddenly started having the tinniest of nervous break downs. I honestly don't know how I will make it through tomorrow because I will be at work during the time of the last 3 groups. Since I am in the pacific time zone I will have to wait a good 10+ hours until I can watch NBC coverage. pale  (me all day tomorrow). I will be staying away from all forms of technology and social media because I don't think I will be able to concentrate if I know the results good or bad.

I was like this in Vancouver. Since I was at work I resisted the urge to check social media and news sites. Pretty tough thing to do when you're in the IT department but managed to do it. And then when I got home my friend spoiled it all for me...  Frustrated 

I just hope we'll have better results this time. I just want Mao to be able to give the skates she wanted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : Place of Happiness :D

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:27 pm

The Olympics, how it affects my heart each time.

I'm so glad to hear from our veteran members, welcome back chineseteacup and batsuchan

It's so great having this forum to share this special moment with and have a team behind Mao to cheer for her!

Go Mao!!! I believe in you, skate like you want to, you can do it!!!  Cheering 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
europeanfan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 546
Join date : 2010-09-14
Age : 28
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:45 pm

I can't believe tomorrow we'll get to know, who will be olympic champion. I'm so nervous!  Panic! 
I hope she will do everything she planned, especially today, in SP. GO MAO!!!  Cheering 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:26 pm

Finally the Big Day! Mao you can do it, we trust you   cheers 
Good luck to all the ladies Smile

_________________
When I watch Mao's skating I believe in God more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel


Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 am

dress of luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asada_Rising

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2013-03-17
Age : 25
Location : California, USA

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:26 am

She fully rotated her 3A in this SP dress at Skate America. Two footed but fully rotated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : Place of Happiness :D

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:30 am

I really really appreciate this dress now...previously I liked the 2nd dress better, but looking at this dress now, it's really beautiful!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tigster

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 am

It's getting so close to crunch time.....I know Mao can bring the house down with her ethereal skating.

I'm just hoping she can bring to competition what we see in the practices, that beautiful 3A!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 551
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 38
Location : Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 am

Batsuchan, it's great to see you again! Many Hearts

I know Mao can do this. Just show us what you can do, girl!  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 663
Join date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:40 am

Mao's practice today. She looks sharp.
2/19 every浅田真央 (Mao Asada) 直前練習映像
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76NeC-sM0jc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:55 am

☆Genie wrote:
Mao's practice today. She looks sharp.
2/19 every浅田真央 (Mao Asada) 直前練習映像
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76NeC-sM0jc

wow that was beautiful  Encore Encore Encore 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:15 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
klarification wrote:


chapis wrote:
Someone know what say this article
http://sochi.headlines.yahoo.co.jp/sochi/hl?a=20140218-00000039-cnippou-kr
In golden skate someone said that Cinquata show his supoort ot something like this to Yuna. I knew it, Yuna = money  Yep, Sadly

Don't let it bother you. Real statement or not, even Speedy knows that the skaters have to deliver a worthy performance first. And frankly, I'm more worried about Mao's order. She has the potential to close the night with a bang, but she'll have to sleep at like, what, 1AM? Then there's the doping tests, press conference, practice, etc. I really hate the scheduling of events this Olympics!  Mad

I think the doping is being done after the entire event. So after the LP, not SP. there are random tests being performed on random athlestes, but if she were tested it would've happened today at the latest.


Hmm... I don't want to disappoint but Peter Liebers complained on German TV that after he skated in the last group in SP he had to got to the doping control and was in bed at 2.30am or something like this... And they have to get up quite early on the next day for practice so he admitted that he was really tired and thought that could be a reason why the Men FS was such a splatfest! Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan


Posts : 3545
Join date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:22 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Well, I haven’t been here for a very, very long time, but on the eve of the ladies’ short program, I thought I would drop by and wish Mao good luck!  Good luck! 

Mao-chan, I first saw you when you were an adorable 15-year old wunderkind who brought such infectious joy to the ice.  flower   Since then, it has been an absolute privilege to watch you grow into a sublime ballerina on the ice and an exemplary person off the ice.  Even though you have faced enormous pressure, encountered numerous difficulties, and received lots of criticism, you were always gracious, and you never complained.  Your constant desire to strive to be better, to challenge yourself, and to aim not just for medals but for your vision of a perfect performance—these were all an inspiration for me.   Worship  Worship  Worship   Over the next two days, I hope that you skate the short and long program of your dreams and walk away with a gold medal!  Cheering  Cheering 

To the members of this forum—it has been a privilege and a pleasure to share Mao’s journey with you.  Many Hearts I have always felt that the fans on this forum are some of the most welcoming, warm-hearted, and thoughtful fans in the world—a true reflection of Mao herself!  Mushy Love 

**
After watching those practice clips, I can't help but think, gee, I've really missed the loop combos!  I love how Mao just pops up into the air immediately after completing the first jump!   Thumbs up! 

On a more serious note, although I am hoping that Mao wins, I am seriously nervous about the competition and Mao’s chances.   pale   When I looked at the starting order and saw that Mao will be skating last, my heart started hammering!   affraid  affraid 

I do believe, however, that since Mao is skating last, if she skates clean and nails the triple axel, she can set a new world record score in the short program.   Yep!  Her “Nocturne” SP is just a masterpiece, and I do think the judges will reward it if she skates it perfectly!  Dance 

However, I do feel like Yulia has the momentum, and she has the home crowd advantage, and she has been skating very cleanly.  And Yuna just seems to know how to be perfect in the major competitions.  But if everyone is thinking that the gold medal fight is between Yuna and Yulia, then I do think Mao can sneak in there and take the gold if they mess up and she skates clean.

So c’mon Mao, find that fighting spirit, that “semeru kimochi,” and go out and make up for that mistake you made in the team competition by skating perfectly.  Go Mao!!   Cheering Cheering Cheering 

Tomorrow I may not be able to comment on the forum during the competition, but I will be watching it live and hoping and praying for Mao!!  Happy dance

Welcome back, Batsuchan!  cheers 
I absolutely agree with you on members of this forum. You guys are trully the best!  Love Hearts 

I like it that Mao is skating after everyone, because like you said, if she'll hit, they will give it to her, if she skated in Yulia's place, there would be a good chance, that the judges would hold her back.

The thing about Yulia, yes she has the momentum, but Adelina hasn't competed at the team event, and Russian Fed prefers Adelina. So it's going to be interesting what will happen, if both of them hit. My bet, they will place Adelina ahead of Yulia.

Again, thanx everyone for posting the links, pics...Thank you!  Mao looks so amazing.  Swoon  let's hope she'll bring it to competition.
Go Mao, you can do it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MyMao



Posts : 13
Join date : 2014-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:19 am

Hello to everyone! It's my first time to post here though I've been reading this forum for quite some time now. Like everyone else here, I'm also a big fan of Mao. I hope she will be able to execute her programs well. I admire her desire to keep challenging herself. Hope she will be happy with her performance and see her sweet smile at the end of programs.

Mao you can do it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]   

Back to top Go down
 
Sochi Olympics 2014 [Ladies Competition]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» News and Topics about Daisuke in 2014 Olympic Games SOCHI
» Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014
» 2014 Olympics Men's Free Program
» 2014 Olympics Men's Short Program
» WORLD CUP 2014 COMPETITION - RULES

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: