HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What was the first Mao program you watched?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:03 pm

The first time I saw Mao was 2005 Eric Bompard trophy. There was the gala on tv. I think they first showed the rerun of Mao's LP and then the ex. I was amazed. I loved the 3A and one hand biellman.
I then went to Japan for the 2005-2006 winter. It was before the Olympics and there was a lot of talk about Miki, Shizuka and Mao. Now this isn't about Mao, but I spent a lot of time at an electronics store and they showed Miki on the TVs. I remember how there was Miki over, over, and over again on TVs of all sizes.
I read many articles about figure skaters, but I mostly remember one article about Mao with a large picture (of Mao in her nutcracker pink dress) with the words "NEXT, A QUAD!".
After that I forgot about figure skating for a while (I myself couldn't skate anymore and watching figure skating made me depressed) until I became interested again and searched videos on youtube. The first one I saw was Mao's LP at 2007 worlds. WOW. I think that was the performance that made me obcessed about her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:46 pm

I first saw her at the 2005 Grand Prix Final. I had missed the regular GP events that year, and so I was amazed when this young skater I'd never heard of defeated Irina!

I hadn't really had a favorite ladies skater to that point, as I liked each of them for their different strengths (Sasha's beautiful line, Irina's jumps and spins, etc.), but suddenly here was Mao, someone who had *all* of those qualities together... Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:56 pm

The first time I ever saw Mao was during 2005 GPF. She was so cute so I was rooting for her to win. Then everytime I saw Grand Prix or Worlds I would root for her. However that was all. I was not "obessed" until I saw Por una Cabeza and Mao's smile during the step sequence. It got me completly hooked and I adore Mao ever since Many Hearts

I am so thankful for Mao! I need to have someone to cheer for to follow a particular sport closely. I was a huge Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze fan but after they retired I lost my interest in figure skating a little bit. I have watched competitions shown on Eurosport but that was all. And now my interest is back again thanks to Mao Wub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cera
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:33 am

I was, well, am a big fan of Shen/Zhao. I started watching their videos on youtube and this name, Mao Asada kept popping up. I decided to watch one of the videos and the one I clicked on was when she skated czardas at worlds.

What really caught my attention was the commentator, I don't remember who it is, saying this phrase like he really believed it... "superhuman talent!" n Mao blew me away. Then the next vid was of her when she was 12 at Japan nats. My mouth was literally hanging open and my eyes were popping out of my head when she did that 3 triple jump combo. The commentators there were really funny and enthusiastic...I was wondering what a 'toni braxton' (triple axel in japanese?) was! haha...

And I've been hooked ever since Smile

Now, whenever I see her skate, I hear that phrase..."superhuman talent!" She still has it, you know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:09 am

For me, the first programme that I think I watched is 2007 worlds lp, her czardas. That really blew me away, Mao was just full of joy and was so shining so brightly you really couldn't take your eyes off her.

From then on,(well,since 2008 as I watched it only later)I've been a fan!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:32 am

The first time I saw Mao was the 2005 GPF free program. But then I was a Sasha-fan and I didn't like Mao because she beat Sasha in France some weeks before!!!

Roma, where are you from? (where isn't figure skating popular?) Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 pm

I was a Sasha fan when I discovered Mao, too! I was going through a Sasha-withdrawal after finding out that she quit competitive skating after the 2006 Worlds, and so was looking for another skater to follow.

I watched Caroline Zhang for a while, because her artistry and flexibility reminded me a lot of Sasha, but was put off by her high-legged entry into jumps.

It was a very sad time...

...until I found Mao Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:36 am

sofia wrote:
Roma, where are you from? (where isn't figure skating popular?) Laughing

Philippines. haha! There's barely any news about the sport here but I think it's slowly gaining popularity. Razz I can probably expect some FS news during Olympics, though. That's the only winter sport I heard in the news (that I can remember) reported during past winter Olympics and next year I want to hear about Mao in the local news. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:03 am

wow... it's so far away........ Drama!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:18 am

After 2006 Olympics i thought I will have a break, because two my favourite skaters Ira and Sasha retired, haha, I was so naive! Who, me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:21 pm

The first time I saw Mao was SA 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmyUwtmch9w
I could believe how musical and fluid she was on the ice. That was my favorite SP that year, and I was looking forward to her developing even more.

This program touched me the most from Mao and made me dedicated fan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmI9Hwnz_ok
A lot of people talk about her 2008 Worlds performance and that was amazing, but I LOVED this one. She was sixth in the short, and then skated a perfect LP that was expressive, beautiful, and breathtaking. It's honestly my favorite competitive performance from her ever, and those happy tears at the end are what I'm hoping to see at the Olympics. Love Hearts

Then this one made me an uber! Razz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYYh6LYmcy4&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Liffey wrote:
This program touched me the most from Mao and made me dedicated fan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmI9Hwnz_ok
A lot of people talk about her 2008 Worlds performance and that was amazing, but I LOVED this one. She was sixth in the short, and then skated a perfect LP that was expressive, beautiful, and breathtaking. It's honestly my favorite competitive performance from her ever, and those happy tears at the end are what I'm hoping to see at the Olympics. Love Hearts

I agree. Not many people mention this program, but it is also my favorite from Mao. Whenever I'm feeling depressed, this is the program I always end up watching first. Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:10 pm

Yes. Fantasie Impromtu open with 3A and end with 2A is something special and
never seen in other skaters' program. Though this program appeared at 4CC is
also the same (lovely indeed and take my breath.) but I love her white-black costume.
That inspired me to cheer her up and look forward to seeing Swan Lake in that kind
of costume.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chelseamarie

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:44 pm

for me it was her 2005 gpf sp to carmen. i was like, 'wow how can she jump that high, rotate in the air, and land on one foot and not fall or get dizzy?' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zakkan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:48 am

2005 GPF Nutcracker !

I missed SP at that time...TT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:59 pm

the first time I saw mao was 2010 olympics with her FS bells of moscow and after watching the first minute of the program I was totally blown away after seing her do two 3A in the first minute of the program, and after seing her passion in the fast and diffecult step sequences, not to mention her flexcibility was incredible, and this drama and excitment one get's when I watched her program!!

so the first thing I did after watching it was wrote her name down and then find some information about her, and before I knew it I was watching every performance of her and every performance of her where magnificent, this was the first time I thought this skater has everything, she simply is WHOLE PACKAGE....

oh and that balletic style of mao, totally captivated me not to mention her lightness no matter if it's dark or light music she skates to, which simply makes her the best skater in the world!!

and even through I have always loved figure skating, this was when I really became a figure skating fan and not least a fan of mao asada heeeh cheers Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

Location : Somewhere drinking hot chocolate on a cold winter day =]

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:47 am

I actually remember watching her LP performances from the 2008 and 2009 Worlds on TV. Back then I wasn't a figure skating fan so I didn't really pay much attention to the programs. But a bit after the 2009 Worlds I was on Youtube and somehow ended up watching her 09 Worlds Ex. I try to remember as hard as I can but I don't know how I ended up watching that Sweatdrop .

But after seeing that program I saw how amazing she was and looked up more of her videos and read about her online. I remember checking out a bunch of other skaters on Youtube also but I guess Mao's skating stood out to me the most! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
midnightfrostifyx

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:55 pm

the first program i watched of Mao-Chans was her 2005 Grand Prix Final long program when it aired on tv a long time ago. i loved how she chose the nutcracker to skate to, she was so full of life and really took the ice with her triple axel and cute choreography cheers

Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Mao's short program in the 2010 Olympics! Her triple axel in the beginning just blew me away!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:56 pm

I like Shizuka Arakawa and someday in 2008 I was watching some videos of her in youtube, her sp and lp from the 2006 Nationals, but she didn't win the competition, she was third, so I was curious about the first and second place, i watched Fumi Suguri lp and it didn't like me, then I watched Mao's lp, it was Carmen, it liked me and I looked for other videos of her in youtube, the next video that i found was Fantasie Impromtu, worlds performace Many Hearts since that moment i'm a big fan of Mao Cheering Boogie Confetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoChan756
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:08 am

First of all...
I discovered THIS 'Mao Land' - I could not believe my eyes!!!! >.<

I started getting news from here during Japan Nationals during last Christmas.
Maybe now was the right time to create an account!

Am quite a newbie - I was looking out for figure skating during Vancouver Olymp and found some vids - I watched her SP along with Yuna's short prog - Yuna was marvellous but Mao was magical (maybe its coz I had that japan - anime craze phase going on) - But I continued to review her videos on YT!

Maybe I truly became a Mao fan when she won worlds in torino!
Of course I watched almost all her vids - I am in love with her FP worlds 2008!
Ah Mao Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 am

Hello MaoChan756 and welcome to the forum!
It is great to get to know new people who also follow Mao and find her skating magical! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Aww yay, welcome MaoChan756!! It always makes me happy when I hear about people becoming fans of Mao after the Olympics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm

I don't remember the first one, but I definitely remember 2007 worlds SP and LP.

I truly became a fan after watching her SP at the International Counter Match in 2007, and her Skates at TEB in 2007.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:22 am

LP on Skate Canada 2007. Her smile at the end... Lovely! Many Hearts

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was the first Mao program you watched?   

Back to top Go down

What was the first Mao program you watched?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next