HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:36 pm

COHK wrote:
^ ^ ^ I hope it's just a rumor about Amano...it would be too obvious to have him as TC-er twice this season, both major events and both in Japan....But anyway, it doesn't matter as much now. I'm just looking forward to seeing Mao again once she's reached a new level of skating and succeeded in reaching her goal from the past 4 years.

BTW, here's another post-Sochi interview of Mao, broadcasted last night:
http://youtu.be/Y2mVWHjx4Io

The interviewer is Takahashi Naoko, who was a Jpn OGM in woman's marathon. The clip is more about Mao's 3A...again. It was interesting to see Midori watching Mao's 1st 3A in formal competition. Oh, and there is a segment about how Yuna attempted 3A (but obvious quite difficult for her).
Awwww.... look at this. 12-year-old Mao warming-up on the same ice as grown women. So cuteee  Embarassed Embarassed 

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:50 pm

That article, my god,  Depressed Crying . Mao looks so fragil but she is definitly soooo strong  Worship 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:13 am

Samurai Mao wrote:
It doesn't matter if Amano is the tech controller. I'm hoping that he'll be fair to Mao as he
seemed to have been in her Sochi LP. If he again becomes biased and unfair to her in her possibly last competition, then he will forever be berated by the figure skating community world wide for
the rest of his life. I don't think he wants that.

But you know, sigh... I just want to see Mao on the ice doing what she loves, not caring about her results and just being an artist and elevating people's understanding of what beauty can be.

I love your profile picture of Mao! Where did you get it, and which pictorial was it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samurai Mao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Mao_Asada_sunrise,

I got the it from tumblr. There was only this picture.
It's my favorite one of her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Samurai Mao wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise,

I got the it from tumblr. There was only this picture.
It's my favorite one of her.

Oh I see! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:14 pm

sweetdream wrote:
klarification wrote:
Quote :
"MAMA, HOW DID I DO?"
A repayment that reached the heavens.

Asada Mao (23, Chukyo University) received a total of 198.22 points, resulting in 6th place. From her 16th place short program, she came back with her best ever performance. Landing her first successful triple axel of the season, she cleared her personal best with a score of 142.71 points and shone on the grand stage. It’s been four years since she shed those vexing tears over her silver medal finish at the Vancouver Olympics. She lost her mother, Kyoko-san, and the promise she fought for concluded with tears of happiness.

"Mama, how did I do?"

It’s always the same. Ever since she started skating at age five, it’s always been like that. No matter the performance, no matter the competition, she always searched for her. She wanted to hear from her first. The setting had changed, from that small rink in Nagoya to faraway Sochi. And yet, as those tears flowed, she wanted to hear those words. “You did great, Mao.”

Her kind, smiling mother, for sure, would be moved and tremble with a wave of emotions.

Asada: “I was a bit frustrated with yesterday, but I was able to skate the skate I aimed to do. I couldn’t give back to all those who have supported me with a medal, but I’m glad I was able to leave behind my performance, my best performance. I wonder if it was enough to repay her.”

Twenty-two hours ago, she fell on the triple axel in yesterday’s SP and wounded up in 16th place. Struggled to mentally process the loss of a gold medal dream. Returning once again to the rink was because of a sense of gratitude. The desire to repay her beloved mother.

“Why is it always Mai and not me.” She’d always been a jealous one. Her older sister could do everything, and she was a bit of a trouble for her older sister at times. And so, for praise, the tiny girl jumped in hopes of drawing big attention towards her.

“I’ll retire.” The beginning of these words from her mother. Right after Vancouver. It was such an unexpected notice, it felt as if she was all alone right away. They had always been together, at practices, at competitions. Her mother was always watching over her from the boards. She couldn’t help wonder, “Why…”

When her mother learned of the gravity of her illness, she thought of her daughter’s future. If something were to happen, she wanted her daughter to be able to steadily walk her own path. To firmly let go of her daughter.

Asada understood the real reason behind her mother’s decision in May 2011. She learned of the detailed test results behind her mother’s repeated hospital visits. Surgery may not be enough. The reality of the situation threw her. “It might be best if I took a break from skating for a year for mama’s sake,” she considered.

There was hope with a liver transplant. Hearing that, both she and her older sister wanted to be examined. Competitions didn’t matter. There was nothing more important than her mother’s life. But, her mother had something different to say. “My wish is, I want all of you, Papa, Mai, and Mao, to continue giving everything you have in the things you do like you’ve always done.”

With that, her daughter changed. She learned to drive to take herself to the rink. She went to visit her mother on her birthday and everyone surrounded a tiny cake together. It was the first time for such a happy moment. Her mother, of course, was overjoyed.

December 2011. She received a phone call from her father, Toshiji-san, when she was staying in Quebec, Canada for the GP Final. “Her condition isn’t good,” he told her. She withdrew from the competition, quickly rushing to her mother’s side. When she landed at Narita Airport, she received an email from her father, “Mama couldn’t hold on.” When she entered her mother’s room, she called out to her, “It’s Mao!,” many times. But, her mother’s eyes did not open. She passed away so young, at 48, from liver cirrhosis.

A few days later, as usual, you could hear Asada’s voice in a restaurant near Chukyo University. “Papa, this fish here is delicious.” She desperately wanted to show her cheerfulness in front of her worn out father. She wanted to support her family more than anyone else. Because of the promise made to her mother. “Like you’ve always done,” her mother said.

Words weren’t the only thing she received from her mother. There’s also her ability to do the triple axel. In the Asada residence’s garden, there is a huge, round, three meters in diameter trampoline. It’s actually the second one. “When I was born, we had a lot smaller one, I remember jumping on it. Even now, I still use the trampoline.” She talked about how fun it was to defy gravity.

It would appear she has the strength to endure tough injuries. Ever since she was in elementary school, her mother would wrap at corset-esque device for correction purposes. Back in those days, muscle training wasn’t necessary, but her mother still independently studied the theories and had over 100 notebooks on it. For the sake of muscle balance between the left and right side, she not only trained jumping counter-clockwise but clockwise too. Her mother always had her daughter’s future in mind.

On that rink in Sochi, Asada soared. The notes of Rachmaninoff’s “Piano Concerto No. 2” began to play. “I can do this.” Twenty-six seconds after she determinedly took off, her left foot kicked up from the ice. She was dancing above it. It was the same feeling as jumping on that trampoline in the garden. Higher and higher. And then.

In that grand stage, she successfully landed it the first time this season. Because of her mother’s support, she still challenges this jump. That’s why she wanted to land it. It was the symbol of the road the two of them walked that she wanted to leave behind. It was the free that represented her entire skating career. And so, all of those joyful days and sorrowful days that were put into it all. The jumps. The spins. The steps. One by one, she traced out the journey she had taken. Four minutes and seven seconds later, when she completed her finishing pose, she looked up towards the heavens. “Like I’ve always done.” Her mother must surely be watching her daughter, who did what she set out to do.

She keeps a picture of her smiling mother by her pillow. It’s a small postcard size she keeps on the nightstand so they’ll always be together wherever. On that night, before she fell asleep, they surely must’ve talked. “Mama, how did I do,” she would ask. “You did great, Mao,” her mother would say.

(By Abe Kengo)

Quote :
Original:  http://www.nikkansports.com/sochi2014/figureskate/news/p-sochi-tp0-20140222-1261037.html

Quote :
Translation credit:  http://ohlovesosweet.tumblr.com/post/78871163876/mao-mama-howd-i-do

Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts Daisies for you 

This was really touching, thanks for translating. I couldn't help but have tears again. Mao is such a strong woman, despite being young, she handled so much in her lifetime, it's hard for me to imagine living in those situations.

I really hope that Mao will have happiness in the rest of her life, she deserves all the happiness in the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ilovethai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:42 am

Look at this. According to this article, when Mao skated at the Olympics, the surge of electricity in Tokyo that was consumed escalated so much that the amount of energy used was enough to power a whole power plant!!!

A testament to how popular and beloved Mao is  Love Hearts Love Hearts 

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/03/18/mao-asadas-olympic-performances-led-to-one-power-stations-worth-of-electricity-demand-each/

Mao Asada Fan Wub
I WILL tawk like a black person if anyone tawks SHIZ about ma boo..  Evil or Very Mad

To Mao doubters/haters:
Mao is the fabulous Swan Queen and you're fat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:14 am

http://www.asahi.com/olympics/sochi2014/lastdance/index_en.html

"Last Dance" by Asahi Newspaper translated to English  cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:28 am

ilovethai wrote:
Look at this. According to this article, when Mao skated at the Olympics, the surge of electricity in Tokyo that was consumed escalated so much that the amount of energy used was enough to power a whole power plant!!!

A testament to how popular and beloved Mao is  Love Hearts Love Hearts 

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/03/18/mao-asadas-olympic-performances-led-to-one-power-stations-worth-of-electricity-demand-each/

WOW she that's the perfect way to prove the massive popularity Mao has, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, her mere presence on the ice attracts soo much attention.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:53 am

linglang wrote:

Love the slideshow at the end with all her quotes,
But hate the fact that it makes you realized she might really retire after Worlds...already had the "Last Dance" at Sochi
I am refusing to let that thought in my mind until she makes a official announcement, hopefully it won't be until much much later
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:40 am

emory903 wrote:
linglang wrote:

But hate the fact that it makes you realized she might really retire after Worlds...already had the "Last Dance" at Sochi
I am refusing to let that thought in my mind until she makes a official announcement, hopefully it won't be until much much later

It's just great now they provide English translation to the Asashi Newspaper site of 'last dance'. The staffs must have put a lot of thoughts of coming up with this site, and I think it's one of the best tributes to Mao that I've ever seen.

It's also interesting to reflect on Shizuka's comments to Mao in one of the clips: I'd think that a key for Mao to keep on (if she chooses to) is if she can find other goals in the future path -- to further stabilize 3A, to try other 3-3? to try to work with other choreographers? I just hope she'll have as much time and space for herself after WC to sort out her future plan, whatever the decision will be.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:02 am

COHK wrote:
emory903 wrote:
linglang wrote:

It's just great now they provide English translation to the Asashi Newspaper site of 'last dance'. The staffs must have put a lot of thoughts of coming up with this site, and I think it's one of the best tributes to Mao that I've ever seen.

It's also interesting to reflect on Shizuka's comments to Mao in one of the clips: I'd think that a key for Mao to keep on (if she chooses to) is if she can find other goals in the future path -- to further stabilize 3A, to try other 3-3? to try to work with other choreographers? I just hope she'll have as much time and space for herself after WC to sort out her future plan, whatever the decision will be.

That's what kinds scares me a little because after Vancouver, we knew she was unsatisfied, she wanted to get right back into the rink to get all her jumps back. This time, even though she didn't have the perfect competition, she finally had her perfect skate at the biggest arena, with 8 triples, all 6 kinds no less and what a journey it has been the past 4 years...
But like you said, she should take her time. She has given this sport so much. I just hope she knows us fans will support her no matter what she decides.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:17 am

linglang wrote:

Thank you for posting this.

I hope she'll take a long rest and think about what she wants to do in the future. I actually see her competing for a few more seasons. I don't think she'll be in Korea 2018, but she does love skating so she might stay on. However, if she does decide to stick around, I hope she'll take at least one season off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beautifulmao

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles    Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:09 pm

hi guys

I came here cuz I found an English translation for the Armenian matter in Sochi, which seemed to be published in Japan.

Here is an excerpt from it.

As a matter of fact, the staff on the Mao's side had serious trouble with the Japan Skating Federation regarding a place of Mao's final adjustment for the Sochi Olympics.
Mao's Coach, Nobuo Sato, claimed using the rink of Cyukyo University, which she usually based in, against executives of the Japan Skating Federation (hereafter referred to as "the Federation"), because Nobuo wanted to let Mao finally adjust her condition in a most suitable place to relax mentally. However, since several years before, the Federation had booked a rink in a country next to Russia, Armenia, which had "only a little time-difference from Sochi and to which it would take only several hours from Sochi". In the midst of the confrontation between both sides, the third option emerged with the cooperation of Tatiana Tarasova, who is Mao's ex-coach and in charge of choreography of her programs (Translator's note: including the free program in Sochi), to allow Mao to use the Russian National Training Center in Moscow for the final adjustment together with Russian representatives like Sotnikova and Lipnitskaia. (Translator's note: Since Mao used to be coached by Ms.Tarasova, Mao was familiar with the Russian environment.)
However, the Federation did not accept this idea as well. After all, Mao was compelled to go to Armenia unwillingly (Translator's note: together with some of other Japanese skaters).
A reporter of a sports newspaper said: "This was a horrible decision. The ice of the Armenian rink was sandy (containing sand) and clapped. Mao should sharpen the blade again urgently. Besides, this rink was very cold with poor air conditioning. Since the rink of Cyukyo University, which the Mao's side hoped to use, was one of the best-equipped rinks in the world, it was extremely regrettable. Asada failed in the final adjustment or, even worse, was made to go out of tune before she went back to Sochi. This situation is proven by Asada's word 'My condition was not so improved in Armenia' and by the fact that she went back to Sochi 2 days earlier than scheduled."
The Federation's "hindrance" is not over yet. The more journalists we interviewed, the more testimonies erupted out.

If you want to read more, see "sereneandcrystal.hatenadiary.jp" (add http and slashes on top).
It's awful if this story is true, even partially.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:08 pm

beautifulmao wrote:
hi guys

I came here cuz I found an English translation for the Armenian matter in Sochi, which seemed to be published in Japan.

Here is an excerpt from it.

As a matter of fact, the staff on the Mao's side had serious trouble with the Japan Skating Federation regarding a place of Mao's final adjustment for the Sochi Olympics.
Mao's Coach, Nobuo Sato, claimed using the rink of Cyukyo University, which she usually based in, against executives of the Japan Skating Federation (hereafter referred to as "the Federation"), because Nobuo wanted to let Mao finally adjust her condition in a most suitable place to relax mentally. However, since several years before, the Federation had booked a rink in a country next to Russia, Armenia, which had "only a little time-difference from Sochi and to which it would take only several hours from Sochi". In the midst of the confrontation between both sides, the third option emerged with the cooperation of Tatiana Tarasova, who is Mao's ex-coach and in charge of choreography of her programs (Translator's note: including the free program in Sochi), to allow Mao to use the Russian National Training Center in Moscow for the final adjustment together with Russian representatives like Sotnikova and Lipnitskaia. (Translator's note: Since Mao used to be coached by Ms.Tarasova, Mao was familiar with the Russian environment.)
However, the Federation did not accept this idea as well. After all, Mao was compelled to go to Armenia unwillingly (Translator's note: together with some of other Japanese skaters).
A reporter of a sports newspaper said: "This was a horrible decision. The ice of the Armenian rink was sandy (containing sand) and clapped. Mao should sharpen the blade again urgently. Besides, this rink was very cold with poor air conditioning. Since the rink of Cyukyo University, which the Mao's side hoped to use, was one of the best-equipped rinks in the world, it was extremely regrettable. Asada failed in the final adjustment or, even worse, was made to go out of tune before she went back to Sochi. This situation is proven by Asada's word 'My condition was not so improved in Armenia' and by the fact that she went back to Sochi 2 days earlier than scheduled."
The Federation's "hindrance" is not over yet. The more journalists we interviewed, the more testimonies erupted out.

If you want to read more, see "sereneandcrystal.hatenadiary.jp" (add http and slashes on top).
It's awful if this story is true, even partially.

Thanks for the news beautifulmao, first of all i want to say welcome to the forum, and I love your username, couldn't help but smile seeing it, and even more so now when i had to call you.
This news is really important for us fans, because it makes what happened in the sp and in the team event and Mao's words make more sense. I hope all information on the matter well be out, I would really like to know of the all the "hindrances" that we fans weren't aware of, and which could give the full picture of the events leading up to the competition.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Announcement of The Ice 2014!  cheers 

http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/

7/23-24 in Aichi
7/26-27 in Osaka
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:45 am

beautifulmao welcome to the forum, and thanx for this information! flower 

Seriously, WTF is wrong with JSF?! Very Mad  Very Mad  Very Mad  Hello, I thought they wanted Mao to win, how would this going to happen if you're screwing up with her training?!!!! Frustrated  Frustrated  Frustrated  What a bunch of idiots. I really hope this is going to become huge news in Japan. Twisted Evil  Like ballerinamao said, the SP disaster really starts to make sense now. Damm it, she had a chance to fight for gold, granted it would be insanely difficult to achieve it, considering whta went on in the judging department, but she had a chance. Frustrated  That disaster in SP could've been spared. Luckily, she's an extremly tough person so she was able to overcome that to perfrom a magical LP the next day, but what if she hadn't? If the story about skaters having to give 50% of their endorsement income to JSF is true, than the federation is practically living on Mao's money, so they could've sent her back to Chukyo instead of Armenia.

I'll say this, thank God men's competition started so early, cause if Yuzu was forced to go to the Armenian rink, I don't think we'd see a WR in SP and he wouldn't win.

Honestly, if Mao is being treated this way by her own federation, then I wonder if she really wants to stick around. It's enough that she's getting screwed by the judges, she doesn't need this from her own Fed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:38 am

zarinaballerina wrote:
beautifulmao welcome to the forum, and thanx for this information! flower 

Seriously, WTF is wrong with JSF?! Very Mad  Very Mad  Very Mad  Hello, I thought they wanted Mao to win, how would this going to happen if you're screwing up with her training?!!!! Frustrated  Frustrated  Frustrated  What a bunch of idiots. I really hope this is going to become huge news in Japan. Twisted Evil  Like ballerinamao said, the SP disaster really starts to make sense now. Damm it, she had a chance to fight for gold, granted it would be insanely difficult to achieve it, considering whta went on in the judging department, but she had a chance. Frustrated  That disaster in SP could've been spared. Luckily, she's an extremly tough person so she was able to overcome that to perfrom a magical LP the next day, but what if she hadn't? If the story about skaters having to give 50% of their endorsement income to JSF is true, than the federation is practically living on Mao's money, so they could've sent her back to Chukyo instead of Armenia.

I'll say this, thank God men's competition started so early, cause if Yuzu was forced to go to the Armenian rink, I don't think we'd see a WR in SP and he wouldn't win.

Honestly, if Mao is being treated this way by her own federation, then I wonder if she really wants to stick around. It's enough that she's getting screwed by the judges, she doesn't need this from her own Fed.

THIS, turns out that the JSF has been more a hindrance for Mao to overcome then a help, living of her money is probably the right way to describe the JSF zarinna, it seems like they value  Mao's i mean their money  Rolling Eyes more then the skaters (who represent the nation) results. I am soo disappointed by them what a useless federation, but this makes me admire Mao even more, for how she handled herself in this chaos.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:02 pm

I doubt there will be a big story about this rink fiasco since we know Mao is not the kind of person who points finger at others and the JSF won't come forward with information because it doesn't want to look bad by not being able to secure a good condition rink

This makes you wonder if Mao's decisions in the past about going to competitions last minute has anything to do with the federation not being able to find rinks or is it really just her superstition
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:51 pm

emory903 wrote:
I doubt there will be a big story about this rink fiasco since we know Mao is not the kind of person who points finger at others and the JSF won't come forward with information because it doesn't want to look bad by not being able to secure a good condition rink

This makes you wonder if Mao's decisions in the past about going to competitions last minute has anything to do with the federation not being able to find rinks or is it really just her superstition

You are right about the JSF likely not coming forward with information, but the media is probably very interested and so is the public, until now it seems like the media has done it's own research on the matter. I think it may only in a matter of time before everything is revealed one way or another.
Also I think you raised an interesting point, because hearing how the JSF has been so cheap with their money which comes directly from Mao herself, makes it reasonable for Mao in the past to have preferred to leave for  competition at the last moment, instead of this mess with waiting and not knowing where and when she will get enough time on the ice.

Like you zarinna I am soo happy that the mens competition was scheduled before, or yuzu might have fallen victim to this mess too. I will never forgive JSF, for gambling with the gold medal the way they did, if this was about  a second rate skater I might have understood them being stingy, and not wanting to invest in it. But Mao being one of the best skaters in the world and was one of the main gold contenders, and after all the work she had put in all these years this was the least they could have done to send their skaters out in a good way. as if Mao didn't already have to go through enough in sochi.

Last edited by ballerinamao on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:04 pm

http://tokai-tv.com/asadamao/
(found this from another forum)
Don't know Japanese but looks a DVD is being releases consisting footage from the past 11 years? and a tv program broadcasted this past Monday?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:01 pm

emory903 wrote:
http://tokai-tv.com/asadamao/            
(found this from another forum)
Don't know Japanese but looks a DVD is being releases consisting footage from the past 11 years? and a tv program broadcasted this past Monday?

wow if that's true then it's a must have  king cheers hopefully there will be english subtitles Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:56 pm

I think this is what was aired??
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1jyb3n_4%E5%88%869%E7%A7%92%E3%81%AE%E5%A5%87%E8%B7%A1-%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE11%E5%B9%B4%E5%AF%86%E7%9D%80%E7%A7%98%E8%94%B5%E6%98%A0%E5%83%8F_sport
they have mai and mao filming each other in the past year, but mostly old clips i think
I really hate that I don't understand Japanese...

Last edited by emory903 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:06 pm

As what polosatik mantioned, they interviewed Russian fans about Mao and since she can't be there some other members made copies of our banner and photobook project and showed it to them. It got aired on TV!!! Thanks, polosatik!

Pochi posted this link in the FB page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFT3VTBo9lM
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:37 am

emory903 wrote:
I think this is what was aired??
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1jyb3n_4%E5%88%869%E7%A7%92%E3%81%AE%E5%A5%87%E8%B7%A1-%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE11%E5%B9%B4%E5%AF%86%E7%9D%80%E7%A7%98%E8%94%B5%E6%98%A0%E5%83%8F_sport
they have mai and mao filming each other in the past year, but mostly old clips i think
I really hate that I don't understand Japanese...

thank you for posting this video, emory903! I've been looking forward to this particular clip since its broadcasting, as I've read from the positive comments about this clip by some Japan fans. This is indeed better than the post-Sochi interview done by Fuji TV.

There's one place from the clip -- in case anyone has wondered who/what changed Mao's mind to go for the 8-triple FS program instead of 2 3As, Mao provided some explanation about the decision in this clip: she said it's like a 'family decision'. Actually, it was Daddy Mao who suggested so. He made the suggestion to Mao that, since she's already tried 2 3As in Vancouver, why not try challenging something else like 8-triple this time. And then we're all happy about this final decision of 8-triple, which is the best ever Mao has done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   

Back to top Go down

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next