HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:27 am

It does seem to flow better than the one Fuji TV made even though I don't understand Japanese

Thanks for the brief explanation of the 8 triple decision
Love that Mao's father was involve and Mao is always challenging herself

I wonder why there weren't more clips from the Mai/Mao cam
Makes me wonder if they are saving some for the DVD that's going to be release
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:58 am

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20140330-00000036-spnannex-spo

Short quote from Mr. Sato regarding Mao, translation anyone?
What i got from google translate:
Just when they start to communicate well, it has come to an end?? He doesn't know about the future, its like white paper
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:39 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22th2cwTt00
Interview with Mr. Sato
I think this is the first time I have seen Mr. Sato talked so much about Mao
Love the part about Mr. Sato holds 51% and Mao 49% - I am guessing its about how their opinion matters - Strong-will Mao SmileSmileSmile

Please translate anything you find interesting (or the whole thing if you don't mind hahah)

Side note: Is this the first time Mr. Sato has coached a World Champion? both Miki and Shizuka were with other coaches at the time they won... so this is the first time Mao had a coach by her side, first time for her to serenaded her coach with a world medal and first time Mr. Sate got serenaded by a student with a world medal.

Last edited by emory903 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:55 am

emory903 wrote:
Interview with Mr. Sato
Love the part about Mr. Sato holds 51% and Mao 49% - I am guessing its about how their opinion matters - Strong-will Mao SmileSmileSmile

Please translate anything you find interesting (or the whole thing if you don't mind hahah)

It's blocked in my country  Mad Very Mad Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:56 am

ballerinamao wrote:
emory903 wrote:
Interview with Mr. Sato

It's blocked in my country  Mad Very Mad Very Mad 

Yep in mine too.  Frustrated 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:10 am

oh no... can you view it in chrome with the hola extension?

edit: if you can't I and i can try to download and upload to somewhere else
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Otchoto de mus :3
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:02 am

Hey, I have the CBC comments for the long and short program of Mao at worlds If some of you want them (not the best quality but better than nothing !)
How do you usually do to share the videos ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:22 am

for those geoblocked and can't view with chrome/hola
sato's interview - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kxhhb_sato-interview-2014_news

Otchoto de mus :3 - I usually just find the links and post them here but dailymotion is an easy site to upload to, I am no expert, the above link is my first try
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:26 am

Otchoto de mus :3 wrote:
Hey, I have the CBC comments for the long and short program of Mao at worlds If some of you want them (not the best quality but better than nothing !)

Thanks I would love to see it, you can just post the links directly in the thread  Smile

thanks for the links emory903  cheers  it works now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:46 pm

Otchoto de mus :3 wrote:

I would love to have those!
I normally use Google Drive, but Box, Mega and Mediafire are good alternatives too.  Thumbs up! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:37 am

Thanks for Sharing Mr. Sato's Interview!

Can any kind members translate when you have time?

Also I have a question about shows. I know Mao is doing quite a few shows in Japan, is she doing any international shows at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:20 pm

http://m.sports.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201403300006-spnavi?p=1
Press release of press conference post worlds...in Japanese
Google translate is really hard to understand, can someone be so kind to translate?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:23 pm

sapphiresky wrote:

Also I have a question about shows. I know Mao is doing quite a few shows in Japan, is she doing any international shows at all?

No idea about shows internationally, but Super Stars On Ice and Prince Ice Worlds are in April, Mao's The Ice is in July so she will have time to do some in May or June if she gets invited and decides to do so...or go a on much needed vacation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:45 pm

emory903 wrote:
sapphiresky wrote:

No idea about shows internationally, but Super Stars On Ice and Prince Ice Worlds are in April, Mao's The Ice is in July so she will have time to do some in May or June if she gets invited and decides to do so...or go a on much needed vacation

Shows where Mao is confirmed:

KOBE CHARITY EXHIBITION
http://www.charity-kobe.jp/

NAGOYA FIGURE SKATING FESTIVAL
http://event.chunichi.co.jp/figure/

PRINCE ICE WORLD: YOKOHAMA  
http://www.princehotels.co.jp/iceshow/

And of course:

THE ICE
http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/

I'm not sure about an international appearance, but one of the last international shows she appeared in this past quad was Artistry on Ice so I hope she can attend that this year.

I do agree with emory that Mao badly needs a vacation though. Last time she went to New York. Any guesses where she should go to relax this time?  Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:19 am

Mao @ the 1st post WC2014 show: Kobe Charity Ex
She skated to Jupiter
(Dai was also there, but didn't skate)
Photo --

Link: http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/20140402/fig14040220420001-p1.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:36 am

Hi, I am a Mao fan for years but only recently learned about this forum, and I am SOOO happy to join you!

Do you khow, an article about this forum has been written by Japanese media?
That's how I actually learned about it.
I must tell you that we Japanese fans are so happy to know that you Guys love Mao and admire you for knowing so much about her despite the fact that not all of you are knowledgeable in Japanese.

Now about the article, I can't fully translate it now because I'm posting this from a cellphone, but it says that Mao feels she neets a good rest to think about her future and she thinks there is no need to hurry.

She also says, having been asks how she feels about her coach Sato expressing sadness about their work together coming to an end just when everything has come to work out,
Man says that she does feel it would have been better if she could have reached her current condition sooner, but she now feels she has done everything she has been wanting to do at Sochi and the Worlds.
But for now she feels satisfied to the full and she can't find any new goal just yet, and she will only be able to continue with a competitive career if this new goal "springs up" in her.

I also saw a news clip of interview from Nobuo Sato. He said that he told her to take all the time she needs to think about her career and not to rush into a decision.

Hope this was helpful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
W0rldTrav3l3r

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:26 am

Aero-さんどうもありがとうございました!!!!

So did I understand correctly that Mao's current coach Mr. Sato will not continue to work together with her because of her good performances? Did he already make this decision?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:41 am

No, WOrldTrav3l3r, he has not made that decision yet.

At least, when he was asked about it, he said he knows absolutely nothing of her future plans. He said it is "blank paper", a Japanese phrase which means nothing is decided or being planed.
He even seemed to hint that the media should leave her alone, saying we must not push her into a hasty decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:43 am

W0rldTrav3l3r wrote:
Aero-さんどうもありがとうございました!!!!

So did I understand correctly that Mao's current coach Mr. Sato will not continue to work together with her because of her good performances? Did he already make this decision?

I think Mr. Sato meant that they are no longer working together since Mao has not made a decision to whether or not she will continue and Sochi was their goal when he took her on after Vancouver...
But I also read somewhere that he is unsure about taking Mao on again if she decides to continue because leading a student of Mao's caliber takes a lot of energy and he is not getting any younger...

If Mao does find that new goal and decides to go for a few more seasons, I really want Mr. Sato to coach her...
It might have taken the whole quad to get to where she is now but he has been on this journey with her, along with his wife
Imagine what they can do together now that they have found understanding in each other

Wishing we could have gotten this moment on screen but a photo is good too.... Team Sato!

Edit: Aero - Welcome! I know the same feeling about finding this forum since I have only found it post Sochi myself but its nice to have a place to read and converse all about Mao! Thanks for the translation!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emory903
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:53 am

COHK wrote:
Mao @ the 1st post WC2014 show: Kobe Charity Ex
She skated to Jupiter
(Dai was also there, but didn't skate)
Link: http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/20140402/fig14040220420001-p1.html

Thanks for the links and pics!
I was wondering what she will skate to, I guess she likes to go back to Jupiter for anything charity related
Wonder what she will skate to on SSOI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
let`s talk
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:19 am

Mao skated Jupiter, did 2A, doubled loop with step out, did 3F, she was magical in her beauty and refine. In finale she did 3loop to correct herself.)) At donation time I told her thank you for her amazing skate LP in Sochi. She smiled, bowed and said arigatou gozaimashita.She is so classy and beautiful. Dai and Oda are two goofboys! Details here, I was tweeting in live time www.twitter.com/00LT MAOSUKE ROCKS!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:15 am

Aero wrote:
Hi, I am a Mao fan for years but only recently learned about this forum, and I am SOOO happy to join you!

Do you khow, an article about this forum has been written by Japanese media?
That's how I actually learned about it.
I must tell you that we Japanese fans are so happy to know that you Guys love Mao and admire you for knowing so much  about her despite the fact that not  all of you are knowledgeable in Japanese.

Now about the article, I can't fully translate it now because I'm posting this from a cellphone, but it says that Mao feels she neets a good rest to think about her future and she thinks there is no need to hurry.

She also says, having been asks how she feels about her coach Sato expressing sadness about their work together coming to an end just when everything has come to work out,
Man says that she does feel it would have been better if she could have reached her current condition sooner, but she now feels she has done everything she has been wanting to do at Sochi and the Worlds.
But for now she feels satisfied to the full and she can't find any new goal just yet, and she will only be able to continue with a competitive career if this new goal "springs up" in her.

I also saw a news clip of interview from Nobuo Sato. He said that he told her to take all the time she needs to think about her career and not to rush into a decision.

Hope this was helpful!

Welcome Aero! Thank you for joining us. Here in the forum, we may get into disagreements every now and then but all of us are Mao fans at heart! Hope you can enjoy your stay here!

And thank you for the translations. I think it's wise of Coach Sato to suggest for the media to leave Mao alone for now. She needs all the time she can get to make such an important decision. If it's a goal she needs, she can always gun after Irina's record or break the other WRs, but what's most important is Mao's happiness. Whatever her decision is, Mao fans will stick by her!  sunny

---

Clip of the charity show:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:43 am

Aero, welcome and thank you for the translation! cheers  flower 
Love your username!

emory903 wrote:

I think Mr. Sato meant that they are no longer working together since Mao has not made a decision to whether or not she will continue and Sochi was their goal when he took her on after Vancouver...
But I also read somewhere that he is unsure about taking Mao on again if she decides to continue because leading a student of Mao's caliber takes a lot of energy and he is not getting any younger...

Honestly, it might be hard to coach a star like Mao, not just a star, but someone who is as adored as she is. However, IMO, I can't imagine Mao working with anyone else if she does decide to continue. So if she'll stay on, I think Sato-sensei will take her on again.  Yep!  Besides, I don't think that Mrs. Sato would allow any other alternative.  Wink  She clearly loves Mao. Very Happy

let'stalk, thanx for the report!

Thanx for the pictures and news everyone! I hope she'll turn Jupiter in one of her competitive programs if she'll decide to continue. It's my favourite program of hers, and she could make another competitive masterpiece with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aero

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:20 pm

Thank you emory, klarification and zarinaballerina for your warm and kind welcome!
And thank you let's talk for the report! I read your twitter about Dai, I am impressed with his extreme politeness!

I agree with zarinaballerina about Jupiter, it's my favorite one too and since the skaters will be allowed to skate to a music with vocals next season, it will be great to skate to some music with lyrics which are so moving and full of messages!

It's just I kind of worry if the true meaning of the lyrics can be delivered in the full to international audiences, though...

Another piece of music I want to see Mao skate to is "Itsumo Nandodemo"
(Always with me ) from Spirited Away.
It is so pure, gentle and and ethreally beautiful, it is like Mao herself made into music.
But there, I am becoming a bit selfish already and wishing her to continue...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Otchoto de mus :3
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Aero wrote:
Thank you emory, klarification and zarinaballerina for your warm and kind welcome!
And thank you let's talk for the report! I read your twitter about Dai, I am impressed with his extreme politeness!

I agree with zarinaballerina about Jupiter, it's my favorite one too and since the skaters will be allowed to skate to a music with vocals next season, it will be great to skate to some music with lyrics which are so moving and full of messages!

It's just I kind of worry if the true meaning of the lyrics can be delivered in the full to international audiences, though...

Another piece of music I want to see Mao skate to is "Itsumo Nandodemo"
(Always with me ) from Spirited Away.
It is so pure, gentle and and ethreally beautiful, it is like Mao herself made into music.
But there, I am becoming a bit selfish already and wishing her to continue...

Wellcome Aero  cheers 

I think we are all selfish and want her to continue :p

Let's talk, I have to admit that in addition of being selfish, I am also jalous of you and all the people who got to see mao skate live :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   

Back to top Go down

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next