HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:57 pm

breynows wrote:
Hi guys i created an account here just to say my reactions to these whole olympics.

I couln't watch it live because i had classes on the SP but i still watched ansiously for the event reprise (even though it was 1:00 am). When mao started skating i was like "She's gonna deliver it" but she didn't.

I was really sad for the whole thing, that was the last thing i could imagine to happen.

The other day i still waited fro Mao to skate, i felt that this time she was really going to do the best peformance ever. When she trew that 3A i was like NO WAY, but that's not all, she still made a whole friggin peformance and with everything clean(ok the judges gave her some unfair marks, but it is clean for me just like her GPF sp).

I wanted to say thank you for her, she gave us the best peformance any skater have ever done, and didn't even got a medal for it. Part of me wanted her to continue her quest for a gold medal, but i just want her to be happy, and this sport was so mean to her that i can't even stand the fact that she can have more 4 years of unfair judging, so, retiring or not i will always love her.

Welcome to the forum breynows. Thank you for your lovely post. And I agree with your emotions regarding her SP and LP. I hope Mao retires after Worlds. The Skating Federation does NOT  appreciate the gift that was presented to them in Mao. I mean, 142 for that MAGICAL PERFORMANCE?  Disappointed WTF were they thinking? when is the next time you will see in ladies LP, 8 triples including a 3A, a great artistry, flexibility, musicality, joy and passion all in one person . Not for a long, long long, long, long time I can bet ya. The sooner she retires, the sooner ISU will realize what they no longer have.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:02 pm

nita wrote:
zarinaballerina wrote:
IMO, the situation in Vancouver was ten times worse then Yuna's in Sochi. In Vancouver, Mao had two freaking 3A in her LP, and despite that she wouldn't be able to win. Those two mistakes didn't play any role, she could've been perfect and she still would've ended in 2nd. While in Sochi, Yuna didn't have as technically demanding program as Adelina, she had level 3 spin/s, level 3 footwork, her jumps weren't that good in quality, and her overall presentation was blah. Only IMO.

I agree completely.  I never understood why it seemed to just be accepted in Vancouver that two 3axel Mao could not beat a clean Yuna with six regular triples.  It made no sense.

I have no idea why there is even a controversy that Yuna should have won here.  Six triples, no transitions, level three layback...there is no reason that should win over other ladies skating 7 and 8 triples.  Does the gold medal have Yuna's name on it or what?  Yuna was actually overmarked.  I can see why Adelina placed above Yuna (higher technical difficulty).  However, I cannot see why Yuna with 6 triples placed above Mao with 8 triples by 3 points.  That is the real controversy.  Mao's long program should have won, and she should have broken the world record with at least 155.  Mao's free program was the most spectacular free program I've ever seen.  Too bad the judges didn't fairly score it.

PPl want to call Yuna the greatest Ladies FS because she never missed a podium in competition, and has many wins, including a OGM (but so does TaraL. and Sarah H.). She is one of the greatest, but she is not THE greatest. There is a difference between great and consistent. Yuna became great with being consistent with her 4 triple jumps, her speed and musicality. But how can she be the greatest when her flexibility is not great, her lack of transitions. Her spins are fast but only level 3 quality. Her stsq are no where near Mao's level. She can't do 3A, nor does do a 3lo anymore, and wasn't consistent with it when she was doing it. She occasionally Lips her Flips, (but she's not Mao, so judges ignore hers), and she does more crossovers than any other lady before her jumps. So no, not the greatest, when other ladies has much better qualities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:25 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:
shar wrote:

You know what's ironic?  Adelina's FS score against Yuna was done in the same way Yuna was scored against Mao in Vancouver.  Since Mao skated her SP before Yuna, Mao Sp was held down just in case Yuna didn't go clean,  there scores would have stayed close.  And in the FS, They skyrocketed Yuna' s  score to make sure Mao couldn't catch up.

No wonder Yuna was crying.  She now knows how hopeless Mao felt going after her to skate her LP. There was no chance of Yuna winning over Adelina's huge score and 7 triple program.

It's called karma.  Yep! 

This might be a weird question, but when was Yuna crying? I only saw smiles from her in K&C.  scratch  True, I thought they were fake, but I saw no tears. She looked anything but happy on the podium though.

IMO, the situation in Vancouver was ten times worse then Yuna's in Sochi. In Vancouver, Mao had two freaking 3A in her LP, and despite that she wouldn't be able to win. Those two mistakes didn't play any role, she could've been perfect and she still would've ended in 2nd. While in Sochi, Yuna didn't have as technically demanding program as Adelina, she had level 3 spin/s, level 3 footwork, her jumps weren't that good in quality, and her overall presentation was blah. Only IMO.

This is so weird, I'm so hapy for Mao, and she didn't even medal. That amazing LP was all it took, and I couldn't care less about medals. I still get goosebumps and teary eyed when I watch it.  Embarassed  I'm so freaking proud of her, words can't express it. Worship 

It was right after she left K&C. NBC's camera was showing Caro going up to Adelina and hugging & congratulating her on her win. Then they panned over to Yuna a few feet down crying next to her coaches. Although she said she didn't care about winning, (she's such a great politician) I think she really thought she was going to win with that so-so performance if she skated clean (Like I said earlier, this ain't Chanflation & Yunaflation Canada). I hate how reputation can score you higher than than an absolute brilliant, magical, heart wrenching performance. But that's ok, because it was everyone's favorite.  Encore 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:26 pm

zarinaballerina wrote:

This might be a weird question, but when was Yuna crying? I only saw smiles from her in K&C.  scratch   

The American Broadcast NBC captured Yuna crying at the backstage before she went to the flower ceremony. Someone probably uploaded on Youtube, or you can find it on NBC. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mini34ans

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Someone posted already the answer. Sorry. I didn't realize Shar wrote something on Zarina's question.  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Mai's blog is updated:

http://maimao-asada.com/mai/private/2014/02/27/441/

Mao & Mai in Sochi T-shirt. And Mai kept her promise to take Mao to Yakiniku!!

Adding: Mao's blog is also updated:
http://maimao-asada.com/mao/performance/2014/02/27/640/

Fuji TV will broadcast this special called "「浅田真央 誰も知らなかった笑顔の真実」" on 2/28. It's scheduled to be an over-2hr program. Hope someone will upload the program after it is shown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:12 pm

COHK wrote:
Mai's blog is updated:

http://maimao-asada.com/mai/private/2014/02/27/441/

Mao & Mai in Sochi T-shirt. And Mai kept her promise to take Mao to Yakiniku!!

Adding: Mao's blog is also updated:
http://maimao-asada.com/mao/performance/2014/02/27/640/

Fuji TV will broadcast this special called "「浅田真央 誰も知らなかった笑顔の真実」" on 2/28. It's scheduled to be an over-2hr program. Hope someone will upload the program after it is shown.

Oh  Thank you!  COHK for the updates on Mao & Mai. Can you translate the title of the special in English please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:38 pm

Smile I think the title means "The truth of the smile that no one knows" or something like that. I read somewhere that Fuji will include some never seen before footage of Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shar
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:09 pm

COHK wrote:
Smile I think the title means "The truth of the smile that no one knows" or something like that. I read somewhere that Fuji will include some never seen before footage of Mao.

Thank you for translating the title. I'm sure we will get a million uploads from every Japanese Mao fan after it's broadcast, and I can't wait to see it.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zarinaballerina
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:07 am

thanx shar and mini34ans for answering the yuna question. I was watching BBC stream and they've only shown Adelina jumping around and crying nothing of Caro or Yuna.

COHK, thanx for the news. Mao looks great. Love 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Interview of Mr. Sato

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2ISMHwvIg

It was an unexpected offer for him to take on Mao 3.5 years ago.  He didn’t think that he could do anything new for a skater who was already two-time world champion. He kept declining the offer but finally accepted it because he was inspired by the passionate of Mao’s mother.

What made him baffled most was the pressure from the media which he had never experienced.  He was chased about by them and answered the same questions repeatedly.  He had to be careful to answer them by precisely same wordings and phrases otherwise he would be exposed to the attack (of questions from the media again). He had never been in such circumstances in his life before.  It was more than what he had expected.

He didn’t want to upset what Mao had accomplished by doing something that he shouldn’t do.  That’s what he thought he should bear in mind more than anything. (Handling with great care?) Yes, exactly.
Also he was baffled by Mao’s no reaction when he gave instructions.  When he talked to her, it’s one-way and Mao gave him no reaction.  But she speaks what Mr. Sato said in front of the media. Then, he comes to know that Mao understood his instructions.  He got to know through the media and he felt relieved (that Mao understood him.)

(Mr. Sato thinks that Mao does not say yes easily but she takes time to digest and accept instructions before moving into action. He understands that’s the strength of her.)

He didn’t have any time plan to complete what should be done at what phase towards Sochi.  He helped her make improvements from the state she was in now to reach a higher level of perfection.
Mao has never opposed to his instructions.

He has never intended to “seal off” 3A (this is the phrase the Japanese media used often when Mao didn’t have 3A in her programs).  Mao practiced every day and kept practicing, so it’s not “seal off” at all.  He believed that it’s the correct approach to keep 3A away from programs until she could nail it cleanly.  It’s an approach of slow progress, moving step by step like a turtle.

Mao was in really good condition.  But before GPF and the nationals, she injured her back and wasn’t able to do practices as they planned. That’s a big impact.  The time period off the ice was something they didn’t expect to happen.  (Because of the injury she wasn’t able to put her skates on until the first week of Jan.)

(Team event) It was quite an unusual atmosphere and the audience was so loud that they couldn’t hear each other even at a close distance.

(About SP) To be honest, he thought why? It’s often said there lives an evil in the Olympics and he thought it may be true. He thought he had decent sleep the night after SP but maybe he couldn’t sleep well.  At the official practice next morning (and Mao was still in shock), he raised his voice and said “DO IT!”  He said: do it right, as long as you keep yourself together, your body will move because you’d been practicing every single day, there is no way you cannot make it, give it your all.  There was no reaction from her, but her reaction was evident in her body movement. That led to (the FS) in the evening.

He thinks the key is how much he can believe in his athlete.  By treating the athlete with the conviction, you don’t need words to communicate it.

(Immediately after FS) He thought it’s good, although it maybe a simple, boring answer.  He was worried but among things he said to her he said “you’ve been practicing in all these days and moths and there is no way you cannot do it.  The result was exactly what he believed.  After all practice makes perfect.

He’s never talked with her about retirement.  It’s the best to respect her decision.  
(About Mao Asada) Athletes who can take part in the Olympics are all hard workers.  To him, she is second to none as an athlete with guts. (Is she a prodigy-type or a talented-type?)  She’s a hardworking person, and that’s the biggest talent she’s given.

LOL Mao no reaction.  It looks to me she gives a tiny nod when she talks with Mr. Sato. Maybe that cannot be counted as a reaction by his generation?  geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Thanks COHK for the info.
I think this is a preview of the program.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T21QdDQpGBk

I love when she says "half-half".  Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:46 pm

cheers  cheers Thank you, linglang, for the translation of Coach Sato's interview!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BounceAround

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Although I've never met a Mao fan in real life Crying or Very sad, I feel lucky to be able to interact with Mao fans from around the world here. Thanks, everyone, for all the Mao-news from different places!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:17 am

Two DVD on Mao will be released on April 16.  cheers  

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE-%E3%80%8ESmile%E3%80%8F~%E6%B0%B7%E4%B8%8A%E3%81%AE%E5%A6%96%E7%B2%BE10%E5%B9%B4%E3%81%AE%E8%BB%8C%E8%B7%A1~-DVD/dp/B00IOFSTTW/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1393578197&sr=1-2&keywords=%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE
[内容解説]
■日本を代表するフィギュア・スケーター浅田真央のDVD第2弾!
フィギュアスケートファンそして浅田真央ファン待望DVD第2弾が登場!!過去の貴重な映像に加え、
バンクーバー五輪以降、ソチ五輪までの彼女の軌跡と演技を紐解いた、浅田真央の全記録!
■浅田真央の足跡、成長を示す映像などフジテレビ秘蔵の蔵出し映像を収録!!
厳しい試練を乗り越えてきた浅田真央選手の10年の歩みを綴るドキュメンタリー番組「『Smile』~
浅田真央の十年~」をもとに、未放送の映像や、第1弾DVDでは入りきれなかった演技映像等、
12歳の頃より天才少女と騒がれ始めた彼女を撮り続けてきたフジテレビの映像の中から、
彼女のオフショットやインタビューなど、今まで世に出ることのなかった珠玉の映像を収録!
■2011シーズン以降の演目をノーカット・完全版で収録!
浅田真央が出場した全日本選手権、世界選手権、オリンピックの模様などを収録!
収録される演技映像は、実況・解説なしのノーカット完全版で収録!

This DVD includes all the programs by Mao w/o commentary since 2011 season and also some interviews and special footage that have not been put on the air before and was not contained in her first DVD (which was released after the Vancouver).

http://www.amazon.co.jp/All-History-%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE-~%E8%8A%B1%E3%81%AF%E5%92%B2%E3%81%8D%E6%98%9F%E3%81%AF%E8%BC%9D%E3%81%8F%E3%83%BB%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E8%88%9E%E3%83%BB%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE%E5%A7%89%E5%A6%B911%E5%B9%B4%E9%96%93%E5%AF%86%E7%9D%80~-DVD/dp/B00IOG52A0/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1393578197&sr=1-3&keywords=%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE
[内容解説]
心から笑い、心から泣く。11年にわたって記録された本当の浅田真央がここにいる!
東海テレビだからこそ実現できた密着取材映像が描き出す、知られざる浅田姉妹の素顔。

これまで東海テレビで放送された3本のドキュメンタリー特別番組「花と星(2005年12月)」
「涙が真央を強くした(2010年3月)」と、3月に放送予定の「浅田真央11年密着(仮)」の
総集編に加え、未公開秘蔵映像で見せる浅田真央の笑顔と涙、そして、妹を支え続けた姉・舞のAll History。

成長の証を示す各年齢でのインタビュー、ソチ五輪に向けて姉妹がお互いを撮影し合ったプライベート・カメラによる独占映像、
さらにソチ五輪帰国直後のロングインタビューなどで、世界中に感動を与えた浅田真央のスケート人生を振り返る。

第1章 氷上の天才姉妹 2003~2005年
第2章 世界へ羽ばたいた翼 2006~2009年
第3章 バンクーバー~涙が真央を強くする 2009~2010年
第4章 悲しみの向こうに・・・ 2010~2012年
第5章 ソチの涙と姉妹の絆 2013~2014年

This DVD includes the recap episodes of two documentaries on Mao and Mai which were broadcasted in 2005 and 2010 and one documentary which will be broadcasted in March by Tokai TV.  It also contains never-before-published footage, video clips captured by them, a long interview.

Caution: The DVD format is region 2.  Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsonlykat
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:29 am

Mao is 50-50 on retirement after Worlds! Here's the article! best news ever!!
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/figure-skater-mao-asada-50-50-on-retirement-1.2550244

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/25/us-japan-olympics-asada-idUSBREA1O08220140225

http://mainichi.jp/english/english/newsselect/news/20140225p2g00m0sp059000c.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:54 am

I feel like Mao got a surge in popularity, all because she showed the world her fighting spirit rather than a gold medal... That's just so inspiring! It makes me smile and feel so warm!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:56 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
I feel like Mao got a surge in popularity, all because she showed the world her fighting spirit rather than a gold medal... That's just so inspiring! It makes me smile and feel so warm!

Yep! 
Mao's FS collected 2233 votes and ranked 1st here as the best scene of Sochi Olympics.
As for 2nd ranking, 41-year-old ski jumper Noriaki Kasai got the first individual
medal (silver) at his 7th Olympics  Shocked  cheers 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:32 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Yep! 
Mao's FS collected 2233 votes and ranked 1st here as the best scene of Sochi Olympics.
As for 2nd ranking, 41-year-old ski jumper Noriaki Kasai got the first individual

WOW this is amazing, even more so when you think about the fact that yuzu won gold but didn''t make the top three in this survey  lol! goo Maoo  Woot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:01 pm

silenceisgolden wrote:
Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:

Yep! 

Mao, an absolute angel who inspires.  Cloud 9 

---

Food again? Somehow I can also see Mao  having a chef for a boyfriend.  Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maofan93
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 pm

In their recap of the ladies event, TSL had some nice things to say about Mao. It's a long video and spends time at the beginning on the Nancy/Tonya special that just came out, but they make some good points if you have the time to watch it!

sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:51 pm

I watched the interview that Mao gave in full today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6TSnmzRtRw

Haha...it was so cute. I think the press was quite charmed with the way Mao handled herself (the man sitting next to Mao even complemented her on her perfectly straight "balletic" back and posture while sitting during the press conference).

I loved how Mao forgot about the 2nd parts of questions and often finished with ....
And people had to remind her about what they asked  lol! 

And the last question..."do you think Japan can stand 5 more years of Mori-san"  cheers 

I love Mao's answers, so sincere yet so considerate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
COHK
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:11 am

linglang wrote:
Thanks COHK for the info.
I think this is a preview of the program.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T21QdDQpGBk

I love when she says "half-half".  Razz

Here's a longer segment of the special. The uploader has edited the video to include only the very beginning of the special program and very end of the program when Mao was interviewed to talk about what happened during the SP and FS in Sochi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THkEt_AZFCs

As for the whole special...well, I can see why ppl are complaining about Fuji making this program: for the 1st hour it kind of jumping back and forth in between the parts when Mao was little and the parts of what happened during 2013; for the 2nd hr of the program it kinds of rushing through what happened since Vancouver until Sochi, with lots of CM cutting off the flow of the program. What's not so good of all, sometimes when they played clips of videos or interviews, they concurrently played a separated shot of Mao's reactions to those videos/interviews. I think for the 1st half it was ok, as Mao would smile about things/happy moments happened when she was little. But in the 2nd half the mood was quite gloomy and a lot of times Mao was putting on a sullen face, not to mention tears.  And of course, part of the program talks about the rivalry between Mao and Yuna...    

The part I like about this special program is that, it talks a little more about the choreographing process with TaT and Lori, so we get to see the two choreographers having their own approaches to work with Mao. And throughout the program, Mai appears in lots of interview to talk about what happened to Mao at different stages of her skating life and throughout the years.

In case anyone would like to see the whole program, let me know and there is a version (without those CMs) to be found somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:05 am

Fuji is the most hated TV station among Mao fans
because of the way of making programs  Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:26 pm

shar wrote:
I hate how reputation can score you higher than than an absolute brilliant, magical, heart wrenching performance. But that's ok, because it was everyone's favorite.  Encore 

I second this!   cheers  I spoke to a bunch of my friends who are not big skating fans, but watched the ladies at the Olympics, and at least two of them said that Mao made them cry!   Mushy Love 

That really is the power of Mao, isn't it?  She's not the fastest skater or the biggest jumper, and she certainly struggles with mental toughness, but she can really move people--even people who've never seen her before!  When she smiles, you want to smile, and when she cries, you wan to cry too!   Love 

Here are some quotes from a news article about that documentary on FujiTV, where Mao talks about Yuna.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20140228-00000079-dal-spo

About Yuna, Mao said, “When we were juniors, we didn’t have this sense of ‘direct competition,’ so we would go eat meals together, and take purikura [mini picture stickers] together.”

However, as the media kept hyping them, and they began to be aware of each other as rivals, “over time, as the media kept presenting us as rivals, and a space grew between us,” and it was difficult to have the same relationship as they did when they were juniors.

Even so, “But, once we left the rink, we would talk normally, and I think she has been a good rival for me,” Mao said.

After the Sochi Olympics, Mao said “Congrats” to Yuna, and they took a photo together, and “Yuna Kim said ‘otsukaresama’ [means something like ‘good job’/’you worked hard’] to me.”

View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao: post-Sochi news and articles   

Back to top Go down

Mao: post-Sochi news and articles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next