HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 2016 Skate America

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: 2016 Skate America   Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:34 pm

MAO CAN DO THIS!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:05 pm

we all know she can, and i looved the practive videos of her she looks, in top form, GOOOO Maoooo Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Here is a glimpse into Mao's practice! Isn't she adorable speaking English?!

I think she's doing a 3-3 in the video.




Here is a full practice video, but she is not doing any jumps.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 415
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:34 am

Here is Mao doing a beautiful triple flip and loop: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/789186239253524480/pu/vid/1280x720/yAF7I_qV4Tuz95_c.mp4

I guess it has already been shown in the TSL video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 415
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:05 am

Thanks to rosewood again for this translation of an interview Mao did after her practice yesterday.

[url=http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde...g.99143/page-8 213]http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/indtye...g.99143/page-8 213[/url]

I wish Mao all the best in her performances. I hope most of all that they give her great joy and satisfaction and that they inspire those who watch with a sense of supreme beauty and passion for her artistry and athleticism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:12 am

gosh i'm sooo excited to see Mao on the ice, love her programs this season and her costume, the feel she gives is similar to the feeling a get when i first get to know Mao in 2010
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:44 pm

okay guy, am i the only one who finds Mao's really early skating order, really suspicious. Why is Mao the only placed to skate soo early out of the top skaters? I hope i'm wrong but lately seeing her deflated scores i have become very suspicious about how corrupt this sport is becoming!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 415
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:57 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
okay guy, am i the only one who finds Mao's really early skating order, really suspicious. Why is Mao the only placed to skate soo early out of the top skaters? I hope i'm wrong but lately seeing her deflated scores i have become very suspicious about how corrupt this sport is becoming!

Well I am beyond suspicious. I firmly believe it is corrupt especially focused on Mao and though I make no claims to be really knowledgeable, I still have researched it thoroughly.  However, I did here it was a random draw. But, it does seem suspicious that Mao is in the first group since Gracie, Ashley and others aren't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Mao's SP!!! She finished 5th, but MAN. Look at the rankings. It's anybody's game. Ranks 2-4 are way too close. Ashley is 5 points ahead as 1st, but even then, somebody can take the spot.

My personal opinion: MAO SHOULD HAVE HAD THE HIGHEST SP. Can someone please enlighten me with how PCS works? I wish PCS was how graceful someone was. Mao is the only one in the ladies' field that is so graceful on the ice! Kim Yu-na was another. I mean, come on! Mao should be above 35 on PCS!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:37 pm

PDF scores!

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpusa2016/gpusa2016_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:54 pm

WowMao wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
okay guy, am i the only one who finds Mao's really early skating order, really suspicious. Why is Mao the only placed to skate soo early out of the top skaters? I hope i'm wrong but lately seeing her deflated scores i have become very suspicious about how corrupt this sport is becoming!

Well I am beyond suspicious. I firmly believe it is corrupt especially focused on Mao and though I make no claims to be really knowledgeable, I still have researched it thoroughly.  However, I did here it was a random draw. But, it does seem suspicious that Mao is in the first group since Gracie, Ashley and others aren't.

This competition was a joke all together, the scores all over the place. Soo much home inflation to the american skaters reminds me of Worlds last year, do the judges take us fans of the sport and viewers as fools, do they really think we didn't notice ashleys glaring bad SS skills, stiff and slow spins, sloow step sequence? if they want to blame these joke of scores on reputation well ashley's reputation reaches a homemade silver medalist who doesn't excell in any fields of figure skating VS. a three time World champion who excels in all fields of figure skating!

Gracie gold - had a big fall and really slow step sequence

Gabby - had such a generic skate, bad airposition in her jumps which makes you think she can fall over at any time, i don't remember anyhting from her choreography

Mai- landed her jumps, but almost fell on her last jump and just hang on to that jump, her juniourish unpolished skating, bad spinposition was also glaring

WHY DO ALL THESE SKATERS OBVIOUS FLAWS GET IGNORED, FOR GODS SAKE, WHILE MAO IS HELD DOWN FOR NO REASON, this is sickening


I agree this sport is getting too corrupt,  especially focused on Mao.


Last edited by ballerinamao on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 415
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:05 pm

Mao the mysterious and alluring martyr to a corrupt scoring system. I really enjoyed Mao's performance. She had a lot more attack this week, her steps and speed were much crisper. Her skating skills were fabulous. Her delivery more mysterious. Her make-up was bewitchingly heavy and her attitude was even slightly angry. I am beginning to sense the ritual element- The exorcism of the ex husband from her mind- as she urgently seeks to break that ties that bind. I heard Mao's blades aggressively come to a stop at the end of her program with a spray of ice and a slighly menacing look. I looked carefully at the ur call on the 3F. It was her biggest jump with nice loft and she took off with less than 180 degrees of pre-rotation and landed with her blade forward. This is just at to within the border and with the small amount of pre-rotation especially I believe it should be counted good. That is at least 2 1/2 rotations if not a little more to my eye. Other skaters are taking off with around 90 degrees more pre-rotation than Mao and it is ignored in calculating rotation. So, why are urs called at all if the take off point is not considered? Secondly, Mao was given a level 3 on her step sequence which to my mind is simply wrong. How much more agility, pirouettes and rapid crisp but gliding blade work does she have to do in keeping up with such haunting music? Her double axel was huge but received less than +1 GOE. Many have commented and I completely agree- Mao obviously has better skating skills than Ashley Wagner yet she is given a lower score in skating skills. I believe this is objectively wrong based on observation of edges and smooth fluid speed with minimal pumping or obvious effort. So, overall I think Mao skated well, but I believe her scoring was harsh on the ur and obviously didn't reflect her superior skating skills. As far as choreography and artistic interpretation I also liked Mao the best: there is a great deal of haunting mystery with a sense of aggression and alluring intrigue and mysticism in her performance that has a high degree of sophistication and hearkens me back so I want to see more- until they show the insulting scores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 415
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:37 pm

Here is a response I wrote to arakwafan2006 said: ↑
Ashley had confidence like none other and good speed but EVERY woman had weak steps except Mao.


I wonder if Mr.Sato has taken Mao as far as he can.

Skating skills are most truly displayed and put to the test when intricate steps have to be made in rapid succession. Since Mao had the strongest steps as you yourself say, it shows that she has the best skating skills and that this element was erroneously scored because Mao should have had the highest in this category. Mao attacked her steps with a high level of confidence especially considering she has a knee injury. But, I also disagree with the ur call and think she should have had level 4 on steps. If Mao had been given the level 4 she deserved in steps, had the triple flip counted good as it should be, and been given the highest score in skating skills at the very least, though I also preferred her artistry and choreography, she would be in the lead. Perceptions are changed when scoring is arranged after a performance. But mine isn't because I thought Mao was wonderful even without the triple axel.
What I love about Mao so much is the subtlety and complexity of her expression and the way she combines it with her rapid dancing steps and the impeccable positions and extensions she makes with her body. It is a complete picture set to motion with little or no overt posing because she is too busy expressing herself through her movements, extensions and steps at the same time. Mao is incredibly expressive with her face as shown in still shots of this performance. For lack of a better term, I consider Mao to have an eastern style in this program which is intriguing, mysterious, alluring and ominous that makes me want to come back for more. I prefer Mao's style to a more overt what I consider overwrought style with more obvious posing. Of course, others may like it more, but I don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BelieveInMaoself



Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-06-09

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:50 pm

This was a great comment and I was just about to reply to you on FSU, but I'm glad you reposted here.

WowMao wrote:
It is a complete picture set to motion with little or no overt posing because she is too busy expressing herself through her movements, extensions and steps at the same time.

Mao's movements are as intricate as the music, as intelligent as the composer.
She is as much of a genius at expressing the piece as the composer is at writing it.

There was no one else whose skating we can say had the level of detail and difficulty as a great composition.
Ashley Wagner was not even as good as Eurythmics who wrote her music.

If we compare the skating to the difficulty of creating the music that is skated to: Mao not only has the most difficult music, but lives up to it's difficulty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 415
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:03 pm

ballerinamao wrote:
WowMao wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
okay guy, am i the only one who finds Mao's really early skating order, really suspicious. Why is Mao the only placed to skate soo early out of the top skaters? I hope i'm wrong but lately seeing her deflated scores i have become very suspicious about how corrupt this sport is becoming!

Well I am beyond suspicious. I firmly believe it is corrupt especially focused on Mao and though I make no claims to be really knowledgeable, I still have researched it thoroughly.  However, I did here it was a random draw. But, it does seem suspicious that Mao is in the first group since Gracie, Ashley and others aren't.

This competition was a joke all together, the scores all over the place. Soo much home inflation to the american skaters reminds me of Worlds last year, do the judges take us fans of the sport and viewers as fools, do they really think we didn't notice ashleys glaring bad SS skills, stiff and slow spins, sloow step sequence? if they want to blame these joke of scores on reputation well ashley's reputation reaches a homemade silver medalist who doesn't excell in any fields of figure skating VS. a three time World champion who excels in all fields of figure skating!

Gracie gold - had a big fall and really slow step sequence

Gabby - had such a generic skate, bad airposition in her jumps which makes you think she can fall over at any time, i don't remember anyhting from her choreography

Mai- landed her jumps, but almost fell on her last jump and just hang on to that jump, her juniourish unpolished skating, bad spinposition was also glaring

WHY DO ALL THESE SKATERS OBVIOUS FLAWS GET IGNORED, FOR GODS SAKE, WHILE MAO IS HELD DOWN FOR NO REASON, this is sickening


I agree this sport is getting too corrupt,  especially focused on Mao.

I agree with you ballerinamao and I am angry and sad that Mao after such a wonderful performance is mired in 5th place. The fix is in on ISU corruption. The ISU is preserving the scoring hiearchy they set at Worlds 2016. Ashley will be number 1, Gracie Gold can make mistakes and still be just ahead of Mao clean with an overly harsh and rigged ur calls new Japanese skaters like Satoko and Mihara will receive either beneficial scores or relative inflation compared to Mao to put pressure on Mao in the domestic front and hopefully drive her into retirement. North America and Russia will get beneficial scores as well. This is why I will not watch ISU competitions after Mao retires and why is is very painful to watch them now because I can sense the anxiety Mao must feel. To think, she must skate at a heavy disadvantage with a knee injury knowing deductions will be given, levels and GOE dropped, urs and or edge calls fabricated while her competitors enjoy fair scoring or inflation. I will always despise the ISU and the IOC for what it has done to Mao. I really wish she would begin her own exhibition tour where she could express herself freely outside the confines of the clandestine machinations of the corrupt ISU.  I would miss her very much but I sense she would be a lot happier.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mao_Asada_sunrise
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1027
Join date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:16 am

Mao's interview after the short! It starts at 12:10.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
silenceisgolden
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 430
Join date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:38 am

The Canadian judge was not here for Mao.   Rolling Eyes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL2TiqCAo57/


John Coughlin‏@JohnCoughlinUSA
#MaoAsada is so elegant. Just needed to say it #SkateAmerica   Yep!

https://twitter.com/JohnCoughlinUSA/status/789630679302549505
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:49 am

Mao_Asada_sunrise wrote:
Mao's interview after the short! It starts at 12:10.


Look ashley knows she has been getting to where she is today thanks to the american hype, never seen such a medicore skater get soo much hype!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:03 am

silenceisgolden wrote:
The Canadian judge was not here for Mao.   Rolling Eyes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL2TiqCAo57/


John Coughlin‏@JohnCoughlinUSA
#MaoAsada is so elegant. Just needed to say it #SkateAmerica   Yep!

https://twitter.com/JohnCoughlinUSA/status/789630679302549505

LOL he was heere for gabby cough cough
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2010-08-10
Location : denmark

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:11 am

WowMao wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
WowMao wrote:
ballerinamao wrote:
okay guy, am i the only one who finds Mao's really early skating order, really suspicious. Why is Mao the only placed to skate soo early out of the top skaters? I hope i'm wrong but lately seeing her deflated scores i have become very suspicious about how corrupt this sport is becoming!

Well I am beyond suspicious. I firmly believe it is corrupt especially focused on Mao and though I make no claims to be really knowledgeable, I still have researched it thoroughly.  However, I did here it was a random draw. But, it does seem suspicious that Mao is in the first group since Gracie, Ashley and others aren't.

This competition was a joke all together, the scores all over the place. Soo much home inflation to the american skaters reminds me of Worlds last year, do the judges take us fans of the sport and viewers as fools, do they really think we didn't notice ashleys glaring bad SS skills, stiff and slow spins, sloow step sequence? if they want to blame these joke of scores on reputation well ashley's reputation reaches a homemade silver medalist who doesn't excell in any fields of figure skating VS. a three time World champion who excels in all fields of figure skating!

Gracie gold - had a big fall and really slow step sequence

Gabby - had such a generic skate, bad airposition in her jumps which makes you think she can fall over at any time, i don't remember anyhting from her choreography

Mai- landed her jumps, but almost fell on her last jump and just hang on to that jump, her juniourish unpolished skating, bad spinposition was also glaring

WHY DO ALL THESE SKATERS OBVIOUS FLAWS GET IGNORED, FOR GODS SAKE, WHILE MAO IS HELD DOWN FOR NO REASON, this is sickening


I agree this sport is getting too corrupt,  especially focused on Mao.

I agree with you ballerinamao and I am angry and sad that Mao after such a wonderful performance is mired in 5th place. The fix is in on ISU corruption. The ISU is preserving the scoring hiearchy they set at Worlds 2016. Ashley will be number 1, Gracie Gold can make mistakes and still be just ahead of Mao clean with an overly harsh and rigged ur calls new Japanese skaters like Satoko and Mihara will receive either beneficial scores or relative inflation compared to Mao to put pressure on Mao in the domestic front and hopefully drive her into retirement. North America and Russia will get beneficial scores as well. This is why I will not watch ISU competitions after Mao retires and why is is very painful to watch them now because I can sense the anxiety Mao must feel. To think, she must skate at a heavy disadvantage with a knee injury knowing deductions will be given, levels and GOE dropped, urs and or edge calls fabricated while her competitors enjoy fair scoring or inflation. I will always despise the ISU and the IOC for what it has done to Mao. I really wish she would begin her own exhibition tour where she could express herself freely outside the confines of the clandestine machinations of the corrupt ISU.  I would miss her very much but I sense she would be a lot happier.


Well i was just reading comments on another forum, and it seems like the skating community is mad and angry about the home inflation and they all noticed that ashley and gracie's flaws were greatly overlooked and boosted at the same time, as f getting high pcs scores, crazy goe isn't enough they even gave positive goe to her UR jumps, while all other skaters got negative goe LMAO the chosen one Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 415
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:44 am



the Ashley connection

Why should Mao study ballet and get big compliments from professional dance instructors for having uncanny musicality when she will get lower step sequence scores than Ashley and why should she practice figures so diligently if she will get lower scores for her superior skating skills. It's a clear case of scoring inversion in skating skills and step sequences. Same goes for Mao's high triple flip with 2 1/2 rotations in the air or more (which is  more than enough since there was little pre-rotation) getting a ur with negative GOE. Why be accurate and look at the take off on jumps when measuring rotation? I will disregard the ISU's ruling on Mao's ur since they disregard the laws of physics by which two points along the circumference of rotation in a circle must be measured to determine total rotation. Yet even so, Ashley's backend triple toe got a ur with more attractive 0 GOE. And in yet another scoring disadvantage that is an inversion, Mao's huge double axel received lower GOE than Ashley's double axel. That makes 4. If a scoring advantage can be gained here and there little by little it will eventually add up to a lot and not to be so noticeable but the bogus ur for Mao is more than a little, yet it fits in consistently with the other disadvantages Mao received in scores, which close the gap and would actually give Mao a first place lead. It reminds me of what happened in Mao's Madame Butterfly LP last season when posters gave their scores for the LP performances and they all gave Mao a higher score in the freeskate than Ashley,  yet Ashley was given 8 points more than Mao by the ISU in the US- the same score as Mao's Sochi LP. That is about a 12 point swing in scoring from the ISU to the posters who gave their scores on this forum. Cut that in half and you have a little more than the same difference between Mao's and Ashley's SP scores at Skate America. Then, there is the 4CC's 2012 LP where Mao's beautiful, big triple axel got a ur call, negative GOE of about -1.2, and Mao received lower PCS as a multi world champion than Ahsley also in the United States, with the ur call, negative GOE of more than -1, and PCS deflation being the decisive factor that caused Mao not to get the title.



Last edited by WowMao on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 415
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:09 pm

I hope the free program Mao dreams of in her mind will take place in real life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BelieveInMaoself



Posts : 70
Join date : 2014-06-09

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:30 pm

Beautiful, but she wasn't able to show her best jumps. This is almost certainly a physical problem and not psychological. I hope she will be able to heal in time for next season.

Everything that was not a jump was far ahead though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WowMao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 415
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:10 pm

Mao's red outfit is totally gorgeous and the step sequence, spiral, skating and expression were simply divine, so were the first three jumping runs. If Mao is injured or not feeling well, I hope she will stop to take care of her health now because as much as I love her skating I want her to take care of herself first. It would be a great joy to watch her skating, extensions, spread eagles, spirals, spins and steps all day without a single jump anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1505
Join date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:18 pm

She will skate at gala.

http://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/790207480139743237/pu/vid/1280x720/eQ2S6ajAy6X7daUt.mp4
http://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/790209128664821760/pu/vid/1280x720/OTs5p5fn8WgHjGnS.mp4

Mao-chan, please do not push yourself too much. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2016 Skate America   

Back to top Go down
 
2016 Skate America
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Skate America
» Grand Prix - Skate America 21-23.10.2011
» Skate America 2013
» Skate America 2012
» Daisuke tops podium at Skate America 2007

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: