HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What if... :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Secretly you are hoping that:
With Evan Lysacek
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
With Daisuke Takahashi
15%
 15% [ 3 ]
With Jeff Buttle
50%
 50% [ 10 ]
With Nobunari Oda
15%
 15% [ 3 ]
With Stephane Lambiel
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
With Johnny Weir
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
With Patrick Chan
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
With Takahiko Kozuka
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
With someone else (please specify)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Neither. Just bring me back, okay? -)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: What if... :)   Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:48 pm

Ok. Tomorrow you wake up in the world where only pair skating exists. You ask your relatives whether this is a joke or something, and it seems it is not. Then you ask (already somewhat anxious) what date is it today and where actually you are. Well, it seems you are still in Texas and the year is [still] 2008 - so there's something definitely disturbingly wrong. Laughing Then you see an article in a newspaper about the last year Grand Prix winners Fumie Suguri and Brian Joubert... and everything goes black. Whirly Sweatdrop

Some time later you find yourself again lying on your bed, and then you remember. The next thought you come to: "But Mao... who... who is she skating with?" WOW!
Secretly you are hoping that:
Cool

Edit:
To make this silly poll a bit less silly (not that I am sure this is a good idea - to make it less silly :albino:), we may also assume that in this fictional world neither throws nor lifts exist, but all other pair elements are on their place. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caliblue

PostSubject: Re: What if... :)   Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:02 pm

I voted Stephane! He has nice lines (just like Mao) and they'd be able to do a nice exchange -- Steph can teach Mao how to emote and spin faster; Mao can teach him 3axel! Too sweet!

On the other hand, if i wanted to see side-by-side 3axel (the thought of this makes me drool) i'd vote for either Nobu or Johnny. Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: What if... :)   Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:19 pm

I voted Patrick Chan just because I think they would be cute together! Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: What if... :)   Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:50 pm

Watching news clip of mao and jeff,I think they really can be great pairs!
They both have balletic style so they match together. :bounce:
I especially like their eagles!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: What if... :)   Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:58 am

I think that one of the most important things that make a figure skating pair successful is having a matching style and body line. To match Mao's qualities well, I would look for a skater with long limbs, balletic style (preferably having an experience with classical ballet), light, airy jumps (rather than powerful), quiet edges, good flexibility and posture, good twizzles and the ability to skate both to classical and contemporary music.

That leaves me with Jeff and Nobu.

Nobu is probably the only one with a chance to match Mao's layback and arabesque with a bit of practice (aside from Yuzuru Hanyu, who's too young Smile ), but there is one big downside...

While they do look adorable together, as shown on the photo above even back in early 2007 they were not exactly a pair material. Sweatdrop Since then Mao has grown taller and more muscular, and Nobu has lost weight... To sum up, if they were to skate as a pair, Mao would have to do throws and lifts! Who, me?

All in all, Jeff wins by default. king

However, to be a successful pair skater he would have to build more muscle mass. It looked like the rotational lift during The Ice performance caused him a bit of trouble! Sweatdrop

I think that Mao would look great with Alexander Smirnov or Scott Moir as well. But I don't want to break up their successful partnerships... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if... :)   

Back to top Go down

What if... :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: The Voting Booth-
Jump to: