HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Kimmie withdraws from nationals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Kimmie withdraws from nationals   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:44 pm

Kimmie Meissner had to withdraw from nationals due to a hip injury. Her is a link to an article about it:
http://www.tri-cityherald.com/1082/story/450318.html

Even though I was never a big fan of Kimmie's skating, and I didn't think she was going to place and make it to worlds this year, I feel bad for her. She seems like a really nice person, and she's worked hard. I would have at least liked to see her get to compete. I hope she gets better soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Kimmie withdraws from nationals   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:23 pm

That's very sad news. I think she made real progress artistically this season. I hoped she'll be able to get her jumps steady in time for Nationals. Sad

Emily Hughes also withdrew; she injured her ankle. Sad

There are so many withdrawals this season in all of the disciplines. I pray for all the remaining skaters to stay healthy! Worship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Kimmie withdraws from nationals   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:29 pm

I just heard Emily withdrew too, so I came back here to post about it, but you beat me to the punch! These two were once the top two ladies in the US. I think they were kind of already on their way out, but I still like seeing them compete. They both have really good spirit. It will be kind of weird having nationals without either of them. It will be almost all relatively new blood.

Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Kimmie withdraws from nationals   Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:31 pm

What a shame. I don't think she had much chance of making the world team, but I would have loved to have seen her try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Kimmie withdraws from nationals   Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:21 am

Depressed Crying

I actually had a dream about her winning Nats and although I absolutely didn't believe it I was at least hoping she'd do well.

I was never a big Kimmie fan but if anything I will never forget her FS at Worlds 2006. I remember I was so excited someone won with such a skate especially compared to the Olympics that were rather disappointing to me (performance-wise, I was extremely happy Shizuka won! Confetti )

I don't care that her 3-3 were underrorated and that she lipped etc. (and I can spot both), she had the skate of her life with a content that was very rare at the time and it was wonderful to see it rewarded without the judges being too nitpicky.
I'm wondering how she'd be scored under the current rules... Rolling Eyes

I love skates like that and Tara's in Nagano, Sarah's in SLC, Shizuka's in Dortmund, Mao's GPF 05 etc., despite some imperfections simply exciting to watch! Cheering

I hope Kimmie will be able to come back but even if it wasn't possible she can definitely be proud of what she accomplished.
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimmie withdraws from nationals   

Back to top Go down

Kimmie withdraws from nationals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1