HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:26 pm

yes, lol!

and the shedule for next season has been changed

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20090128it.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:23 pm

TOKYO! I hope Mao gets to defend her title on home ground then! That would make her victory even sweeter Good luck!

Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:25 am

Great news for Mao! Cheering

...Not so great for me, I was hoping it will be somewhere in Europe, so I could go. Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:44 am

This is awesome news! Thank you!
Mao loves skating in Japan and often does well there! So it'll be thrilling to see how she'll do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:40 am

Ooh!! Awesome! This is probably very motivating for the Japanese skaters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:31 pm

The GP is held a bit earlier because of the Olympics in 2010. I'll have to wait until my uni schedule is finalized if I can even make it from the States in time... Lips sealed

But this also means that the skaters get to compete in a warm environment in a packed arena! Many Hearts

View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Hmm, am I the only one is a little apprehensive about this? Neutral

I agree with clovera - it's great that GPF will be held in Japan, where all the skaters will get a warm reception - but I am a little concerned for Mao...

I know that Mao loves to skate in Japan and does well at home, but this feels sort of like a chance for the media to put insane pressure on Mao (like the Korean media did for Yu-Na Kim before 2008 GPF). And perhaps Yu-Na will really be aiming to 'settle the score' (since Mao beat her in front of her home crowd).

On the other hand, maybe that's exactly the kind of preparation Mao needs before the Olympics? After that heavy media pressure/hype for GPF, maybe the Olympics won't be too bad...

At this point, I'm just hoping that Mao and the other Japanese skaters qualify to go to the GPF! Go Team Japan! Cheering

clovera - that would be sooo cool if you get to go! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:50 am

Batsuchan, good point. At one hand it is good, at another not much really. But it would be a big competition for Mao, to overcome this pressure and of course she can do it! I think that finally we can transform TAT phrase " Lesha can do everything " in " Mao can do everything!" Boogie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:54 pm

polosatik wrote:
Batsuchan, good point. At one hand it is good, at another not much really. But it would be a big competition for Mao, to overcome this pressure and of course she can do it! I think that finally we can transform TAT phrase " Lesha can do everything " in " Mao can do everything!" Boogie

I think you're right, polosatik!

In the past I was worried about how winning Worlds would put extra pressure on Mao for the Olympics, but I've changed my mind! I really want to see Mao win Worlds; I want to see her win everything, including the Olympics! flower

Mao can do everything! She just needs to believe it! Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:42 pm

Cool! I think this is a good thing.

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:08 am

I think this will be a test before the Olympics, to see how Mao can handle pressure like that.

All I can say is thank GOD that the Oly's are on the other side of the world, and not in Korea or Japan...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:36 pm

bleedingblades3 wrote:

All I can say is thank GOD that the Oly's are on the other side of the world, and not in Korea or Japan...

REALLY! That would be just plain scary if they were in Korea or Japan~
I can imagine... Faint2
I think this will be really good for Mao, though! She is always one to perform really well under pressure and her competitions in Japan are consistent and astoundingly good. All the skaters will feel comfortable in Tokyo, I am sure-unlike this year's in Korea where anyone except Yuna hardly got any applause.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhythmically

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:51 pm

bleedingblades3 wrote:
I think this will be a test before the Olympics, to see how Mao can handle pressure like that.

Vancouver has a lot of asians. :X. Yu-na almost received as much of as an applaud as Joannie in 4CC. lol..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009   

Back to top Go down

tokyo confirmed as host of grand prix final 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1