HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:20 am

I found this article about Mao's step on dcinside:

I decided to share it as I found it very interesting. The pattern of Mao's steps looks almost like an abstraction art piece. Smile It looks really challenging and complicated. It definitely makes me appreciate Mao's effort even more! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:48 am

Oscilla wrote:

I decided to share it as I found it very interesting. The pattern of Mao's steps looks almost like an abstraction art piece. Smile It looks really challenging and complicated. It definitely makes me appreciate Mao's effort even more! Smile

Thanks for sharing! Very Happy No one in the world have such footwork,nothing close to Mao. Her step sequences are perfection by any means Encore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:05 am

polosatik wrote:
Oscilla wrote:

Thanks for sharing! Very Happy No one in the world have such footwork,nothing close to Mao. Her step sequences are perfection by any means Encore
i've seen this for Mao SP footwork last year and Daisuke SP footwork last year too! It's really interesting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:28 am

bibi wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Oscilla wrote:

i've seen this for Mao SP footwork last year and Daisuke SP footwork last year too! It's really interesting!
Aww,wow,I haven't seen this! Can you post them here?

off topic
I love your avy bibi Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:59 pm

polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
polosatik wrote:
Oscilla wrote:

off topic
I love your avy bibi Razz

Ahah thanks!
Well, I've been searching them, but I don't find them. If I find them, I'll let you know!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks for sharing Oscilla!

The analysis on the page is done by Higuchi Yutaka (former skater who we previously saw commentating and holding the segment Yutaka's room for the NHK Trophy). Looks like he appreciates Mao's efforts and mentions in the analysis here that the step sequence for Masquerade has Lv.4 potential as well. I love you

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
misokatsu

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:06 am

Thank you for this! I was hoping that there would be an analysis of her amazing step sequence in 仮面舞踏会 but didn't expect anyone to actually do it! Since first seeing it I've been mesmerized with the grace and effortlessness she goes about executing it.

From a video interview with Tarasova apparently the step sequence was inspired by a scene from an old Russian film titled, what else, "Masquerade Ball." Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Oscilla, Thx.
I hope that Mao's step sequence could reach Level4 next season. I really think she has this ability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:03 pm

tianrushui wrote:

I hope that Mao's step sequence could reach Level4 next season. I really think she has this ability.

I hope so as well!

I wonder if the level requirements will change again next season? Tthis season the requirements for lvl4 were pretty crazy. Some of the lvl3 footwork this season were more demanding than lvl4 from the latest Olympic season. Unconscious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Quote :
I just found it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
http://fr.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=288w4si&s=5
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:44 pm

bibi wrote:
Quote :

lol! I've watched that step sequence so many times that I was actually able to see Mao doing it in my head as I was following the tracings on paper. Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:56 pm

chiyori wrote:
bibi wrote:
Quote :

lol! I've watched that step sequence so many times that I was actually able to see Mao doing it in my head as I was following the tracings on paper. Too sweet!

Haha, that's awesome chiyori! flower

Thanks bibi for finding this!!!

I love, LOVE, *LOVE* that step sequence!! Love Hearts

The twizzles she does when she throws her hand up and pulls it down fast - I *adore* those, and that big dramatic arabesque in the middle - Swoon Swoon

I hope Mao gets level 4 at some point! She totally deserves it!

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but Shizuka Arakawa made a very interesting comment during one of the early performances from this season. (Well, I think it was her who said it. I may be remembering bits and parts of different things. Sweatdrop) Anyway, she was watching Mao, and she was saying that Coach Yamada used to say that Mao might not be the best jumper ever, or the best spinner, etc, but she could be the best ever at the step sequences.

And I think that's true - we're so used to thinking about Mao as being a really amazing jumper, but I think over the past two seasons she's really shown that she's way ahead of everyone else in her step sequences! Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:45 am

Yes, Mao's step sequences is really stunning. Love Hearts I think Joannie's in her FS is very charismatic too.

My favourite Mao's FS step sequence performance this season is not the ones performed in competitions, but the one she performed as an encore at Nagoya festival:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvwhNyxUAN0

LOVED her energy. I guess in competitions, she's probably feeling pretty worn out by the time she gets to her steps, so she slows down more. Her tango costume complement the music well too. I like Mao is a more vibrant shade of red. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
getmewild

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:09 pm

I am really surprised to what happened on the worlds and other competitions... ehem.. about GOEs

Her footwork is so difficult.. packed with content and moves with the music... yet she did not get the highest GOE for it!

anyway that magazine is fantastic... so Mao is really famous in Japan?

can I ask a question? any Japanese around here?

If I walk in Japan and met a stranger... let's say a female stranger and asks her if she know Mao Asada... what would be the probability that she would say yes? 70%? 10%? what do you think?

Click Here For My YouTube (getmewildO2)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maoasada.blogspot.com
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:17 pm

getmewild wrote:

If I walk in Japan and met a stranger... let's say a female stranger and asks her if she know Mao Asada... what would be the probability that she would say yes? 70%? 10%? what do you think?
I would say 90-95%! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skatwai717

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:46 am

nice!but this step is very difficulties!anyway thx u share~*V*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clasic888

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:20 am

wow this is great step sequence of mao....
perfect...... sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clasic888

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:42 am

i love this step sequence....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper   

Back to top Go down

Mao's step sequence - analysis from a newspaper
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1