HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:40 pm

snowdrops24 wrote:
Quote :
I think they wanted to show the SP from 4CC this year (they showed YuNa and Joannie there) but I think they didnt wanted to show Mao Sp there because she did not do her best.

I agree. Sorry if I am a bit overreacting. Embarassed I just wondered why did they not play Mao's FS performance at 2008 GPF instead, which they covered last year. At least, it would be in the same season. I admit, I'm nit picking. Hohoho. Whirly
haha, that'S all right:P Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
e2girl

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:50 pm

hey guys..this is my first post here...i love mao and i hope she will win worlds 2009.

btw, I just found this video on YT.

yuna kim worlds 2009 SP practice 26/03/2009 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RftQbgWFj0k&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Denis Ten in the lead with the final 2 groups to take the ice after the break! cat

(I think I just heard a woman scream "good luck Nobunari" when he took the ice for practice) Razz

ETA: very subpar skate from Yannick, Voronov off to a shaky start too... silent

Last edited by clovera on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:41 pm

e2girl wrote:
hey guys..this is my first post here...i love mao and i hope she will win worlds 2009.

btw, I just found this video on YT.

yuna kim worlds 2009 SP practice 26/03/2009 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RftQbgWFj0k&feature=related
Welcome! cheers Have fun here!
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Standing O for Nobu! He did a gorgeous 4t-3t cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Fantastic performance from Tono!!!!! He lands the 4-3 too! Cheering

ETA2: Oops, its the 3 jump combo that won't count...still a lot of points lost though, aww...

Last edited by clovera on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Silly mistake. D:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Aaww he's in tears!!

Damn... I think the 2nd 3A wasn't counted? I accidently closed my GS page... still 141.67 and into first. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:32 pm

Thanks for the clarification, clovera. If I remember well, Dai-chan had a similar problem last year at Worlds and it caused him to miss the podium by a hair...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:51 pm

Tono holding on to the lead even with the Zayak'ed combo; final group warming up now! cat

View user profile
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:58 pm

I bet for at least one Japanese to be on the podium with Joubert grabbing the gold. study

ETA: Well, that was just a last-minute wild guess. Rolling Eyes Smile

Last edited by summervie on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:11 pm

Samuel Contesti just carved himself a place into my heart lol

Go Kozu!!!!! Good luck!

At this point, Japan is ensured 3 spots for next year yay! Imagine... Dai-chan, Nobu and Kozu!! What a team that would make. Swoon All three are podium material if they are on Dance

Evan is ON!!
159.53!!! Weeeee Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Lysacek gold, Chan silver, Joubert bronze. Shocked Er, I'm speechless at this point.

U.S. + Japan gets the 3 spots, btw. I love you
Universal Sports is showing backstage footage and Tat is giving advice to Joubert...before walking over to Lysacek and congratulating him, haha. Razz

View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:20 pm

I am a little annoyed that those who did not do any quad were on the top of the podium.
But I am happy for Lysacek. It wasn't an easy season for him. He finally made it!
Well done Kozu and Nobu ! for the 3 spots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:02 am

Oscilla wrote:
A part of Mao's LP runthrough from yesterday: Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LCBw4Xsa0c

I believe that is me yelling at 0:27 after Mao did her 3F-2Lo-2Lo... ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:18 am

Congrats to Nobu and Kozu for securing 3 spots for the Olympics!!! Cheering Confetti

Nobu really had a fantastic skate! Cheering He got a standing ovation from half the audience! I was thinking his scores seemed a bit low - but I guess it makes sense because of the repeated combo.

Kozu was looking so good in practice and in the warmup but I guess he couldn't quite pull it together. Still, he did what he really wanted to do - get 3 spots for Japan - and finishing 6th is pretty darn good!!! Thumbs up! The 2009 Japan Nationals are going to be really exciting in the men's event I think! Very Happy

I yelled and cheered so loudly that the lady next to me complained that she's going to go deaf. Well, that's how it's supposed to be! Laugh

I was pretty disappointed for Joubert - what an unfortunate mistake! Crying or Very sad - but Evan really had a terrific skate. The whole crowd was pulling for him - that was definitely THE moment of the night! So congrats to Evan! Confetti

I was so amused watching TAT talk to Joubert backstage and then go and give Evan a huge hug. Hell, no!

Apparently Denis Ten also had an amazing skate, which got the ENTIRE audience on their feet. I missed it, so I'll have to go back and check it out. Here's to hoping that someone else with TAT's choreography gets a standing ovation from the entire crowd!

GooOOoo MAO!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:52 am

Men's FP practice in the morning
The runthroughs were in the main rink (Staples Center), so my Mom and I got to sit in the front row right next to the boards. Very Happy I saw Shizuka and the rest of the Fuji TV announcers up in the stands on the judges' side being filmed - I guess they were reporting on the men's practice or something. I also spotted Shanetta Folle come in too watch.

When the final group (which included Kozu) took the ice, I was thinking I might have a chance to see Mao again...and I did!!! I saw Kokubun wave at someone in the corner at our side of the rink, and I looked over and there she was! WOW! Mao standing with Makino in the corner diagonally opposite the corner where the kiss & cry is!! She stayed there while Kozu did his run-through, and then she disappeared - and came out on the kiss & cry side. She stood right by the boards to watch the final skaters (Lysacek and Joubert) do their run-throughs. Exciting! Hell, no!

Starting tomorrow, I will be looking for the Japanese men in the audience watching the ladies' practices...or really, I'll be looking for one man in particular.. Too sweet!

Quick comments on dance
-Reed & Reed did a pretty good job! Cheering
-I felt really bad for Faiella & Scali - that was an unfortunate fall. No
-I enjoyed Kerr & Kerr quite a bit...don't really have much comments on everyone else. I love Meryl & Charlie, but I know next to nothing about dance so I can't comment on how everyone else did. Tanith and Ben were pretty impressive though.

Ladies' practice
Well, I felt kind of bad about missing Takahito Mura's FP, but I couldn't help myself! I had to see the ladies practice! Yu-Na and Mao practicing on the same ice!!! It was too tempting!

Alissa Csizny looked good today. Yesterday's FP practice was a complete disaster - she fell at least 4 times and then I stopped watching. Today her 'The Swan' SP run-through was gorgeous though. Very Happy

In the second to last group, Miki looked good. She had one bad fall on a 3F, but the rest of her jumps looked solid. I noticed that she stops A LOT though. She talks to Morozov quite a bit. Every few laps. Fumie, on the other hand, didn't stop very much, and even if she did stop, it was to get some water or blow her nose. She didn't talk to Morozov much. It's quite interesting watching how different skaters/coaches interact. flower Kozu, for example, is like Miki and stops to talk to Coach Sato frequently.

Rochette has also been looking very good. Unfortunately I stopped taking notes - I got distracted by Michelle Kwan in the crowd again, and the fact that I was sitting in the same row as Yu-Na's mom AGAIN.

I also was not paying much attention to the other ladies in the final group, but I do recall that Kostner had a few falls/step-outs on her jumps. Yu-Na looked perfect as usual, and left practice early.

But I have to say, Mao Asada is a machine!! WOW!

TAT/SF and Mao have their practice routine down pat! From the moment Mao took the ice, until right before her run-through, about 25 min into the practice session, Mao did not stop once! Not to drink water, not to retie her boot laces, not to talk to TAT/SF! Everyone else had stopped at least a few times but not Mao!

This is what she did - very similar to the other two practices I saw:
-front & back swizzles
-side to side inside edge thingies
-edge pulls on each leg forwards and backwards
-counters/rockers/brackets
-crossover run thingies
-crossrolls

Today Mao's condition was clearly better - I can see that she is gradually upping her level. cheers

She went straight into the 2A, skipping the waltz jump -> 1A -> 2A build-up she had been doing.

Then she did:
-2A from the spread eagle as in the SP
-3Lo, three times. After she does each jump, she'll pass by SF and TAT, and they'll either nod, and then Mao will do something else, or they'll make some kind of gesture/correction and Mao will go and do it again. But she doesn't have to stop and talk to them to figure out what to do. That really impressed me. It seemed very efficient.
-Next was the 3T, which SF didn't like, so she did it again nicely with the steps leading up to it.
-> 3F
-> 3F-2Lo-2Lo tano; SF/TAT gestured
-> 3F-2Lo-2Lo tano again
-> 3F-3Lo
-> 3F but two-footed so no combo
-> 3F (just to practice)
-> 3F-3Lo (nice)

Then it was onto the triple axel.
First she did a 2A towards the judges' side, followed by a 3A. It looked a little two-footed so she did it again.
Then she did the 2A towards the opposite side, followed by the 3A.

Then she practiced the lutz. It seems that pop thing that she keeps doing is intentional - I guess she warms up the jump by practicing the take-off with no rotation and throwing her hands up in the air.
She then tried a 3Lz without steps, but doubled it. SF/TAT gestured at her and she did the 3Lz nicely.

After that, she took her first break. She talked to SF/TAT for a little bit and then tried the 3Lz from steps (doubled the first, good on the second one).

In her run-through, Mao did the first 3A without the combo, then skipped the second but indicated that's where the combo would've been. Then she did 3F-2Lo-2Lo tano (nice), skated around for a bit and did a 3Lo (nice), 3F-2Lo, then 3T (stepped out) and 2A. Today's step sequence looked much better than last time.

At the end of practice, she did the 3F-3Lo again then went through her SP program (spirals, step sequence, spins).

All in all, I thought this was a much better practice than last time! She didn't hit everything each time, but it was clearly much better than Tuesday. I think this is just all part of TAT/Mao's strategy to peak not in practice but at the competition. Cheering And I can't emphasize enough how much I was impressed by Mao's efficient practice style. I couldn't help but think, that is how a champion practices! Thumbs up!

Good luck to Mao, Miki and Fumie tomorrow! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:02 am

thanks for your report! I'm so excited for tonight!!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:37 am

Thanks again for the report, Batsuchan - we really appreciate it!

It's very reassuring to see Mao focus, and practice efficiently. She is the "genius of practices" after all! I love you And I must say that I find it very intriguing that Mao and Kozu are seen attending one another's practices that frequently. Not that I'm jumping to conclusions, of course. Razz

So Batsuchan...in the YT clip were you the one that went "wooo!" or were you the one with the high-pitched cheer? Wink

Good luck to all the ladies!

View user profile
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:59 am

Oh, Batsuchan... you did it again! Thank you! Smile

Mao congratulates Nobunari with a successful Free Skate.
Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:13 am

Thank you so so much for this!!!
Mao can definitely do it again and defend her title!!! >:3
I notice that Mao does really well when she isn't satisfied with her last performance (whether that be her last competition placement or her short program) and from this practice analysis Mao is taking it up a notch!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itcaip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:20 am

Batsuchan, do you think Mao will try the 3F-3Lo in the freeskate?

has she ever practiced the salchow since she has been to LA ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:29 am

Thank you for the updates again!!

I've finally watched Kozu's FS - love it. Though some of his combo jumps were done basically on a stand-still form but let's cut this guy some slack - he did a 3A combo nearly at the end of the program! AND landed it. Ecstatic that Japan's got 3 spots for the Olympics!

Now it's time for the girls to bbrrrrring it ON!! Glad that Mao's doing better at practices. I think practice sessions are very telling in terms of the nature and personality of a skater. Mao definitely finds confidence in a consistent and uniform way of training. Hope that she gets her 3F-3L ratified(if she puts it in her program). Go girl!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:17 am

clovera wrote:
Thanks again for the report, Batsuchan - we really appreciate it!

It's very reassuring to see Mao focus, and practice efficiently. She is the "genius of practices" after all! I love you And I must say that I find it very intriguing that Mao and Kozu are seen attending one another's practices that frequently. Not that I'm jumping to conclusions, of course. Razz

So Batsuchan...in the YT clip were you the one that went "wooo!" or were you the one with the high-pitched cheer? Wink

Good luck to all the ladies!

Well...I haven't seen Kozu at any of the ladies' practices yet (though I did see Nobu watch Miki/Fumie on Monday)...but I will be watching closely for him... Hell, no!

In the youtube clip, I was the one who went 'woo!' right at 0:27 after the 3F-2Lo-2Lo...or at least I'm pretty sure that's me. Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:23 am

itcaip wrote:

I have not seen the 3S once. So I guess Mao is planning:

3A/3A-2T
3A-2T/3A
3F-2Lo-2Lo tano

3Lo
3F-2Lo
3T
2A

I am sort of surprised that she opted for this easier program - but I guess at Worlds she doesn't want to take any risks. Just like Kozuka didn't attempt the quad. But this means she definitely has to nail those two 3A's.

I forgot to say yesterday that I sat next to two Americans (who were not Asian) who were big Mao fans, and I was very glad to see that Mao had such ardent fans in the US too. Many Hearts There were a lot of people cheering for Yu-Na at the practice, but I think we American Mao fans were louder! Or maybe that was just because of me... Razz

Gooo Mao, Miki and Fumie!!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 am

Batsuchan wrote:
itcaip wrote:

I have not seen the 3S once. So I guess Mao is planning:

3A/3A-2T
3A-2T/3A
3F-2Lo-2Lo tano

3Lo
3F-2Lo
3T
2A

I am sort of surprised that she opted for this easier program - but I guess at Worlds she doesn't want to take any risks. Just like Kozuka didn't attempt the quad. But this means she definitely has to nail those two 3A's.

I forgot to say yesterday that I sat next to two Americans (who were not Asian) who were big Mao fans, and I was very glad to see that Mao had such ardent fans in the US too. Many Hearts There were a lot of people cheering for Yu-Na at the practice, but I think we American Mao fans were louder! Or maybe that was just because of me... Razz

Gooo Mao, Miki and Fumie!!! Cheering
Thank you so much Batsuchan! flower Your reports are so much fun to read! And I found today,very strange feeling, I'm not worry at all! cheers May be it's a good sign,that Mao will skate perfectly and I'm sure she will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   

Back to top Go down

2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next