HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:25 am

polosatik wrote:
Thank you so much Batsuchan! flower Your reports are so much fun to read! And I found today,very strange feeling, I'm not worry at all! cheers May be it's a good sign,that Mao will skate perfectly and I'm sure she will.

I second that!! Thank you sooo much, Batsuchan!

I don't know why, I'm usually bitting my nails all day long and not accomplishing much work when Mao is competing, but I feel good today. No butterflies or nail-bitting and, note this, I am actually productive! That has to be a good sign... hehehe I'm so superstitious Sweatdrop

This is completely unrelated, but I just noticed that I'm wearing a t-shirt with Los Angeles written in silver and sparkles on the front (sounds tacky I know but it is actually an awesome t-shirt)... Silver/sparkles... Claire de lune... lol! This made a lot more sense in my head a minute ago. Whatever!! I just decided this is my "GO MAO!!" shirt Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:27 pm

omg ladies sp soon. gooogooo mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:56 pm

I think mao will do
3F-3L
3Lz
2A

and LP:
3A+2T
3A
3L-2L-2L
3S/3L
3F-3L
3T+2A
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Universal Sports/Turkish TV is REALLY laggy this time around - probably because most people will naturally be interested in the ladies competition the most - so here is an alternative link to try for those who want a continuous feed:
http://atdhe.net/watch-uni.php?g=114717 Wink

ETA2: Joannie first with 67.90 Shocked, Miki in 2nd with 64 ish, Rachael 3rd, Fumie 4th. Final group practicing on the ice now! I love you Go Mao go! Cheering

View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:39 pm

cheers Woah... fantastic short for Joannie!! I can't wait to see that!

Go Mao!!!! Cheering Cheering

ETA: Gods I hate those inane comments about skaters' interests during the warmups. The tone the announcer uses reminds me of a beauty pageant... Name the titles, that's fine, but the rest is irrelevent!

Last edited by chiyori on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:52 pm

OMG MAO NEXT. SOOO NERVOUS silent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:55 pm

That was a gorgeous 3F-3L!! Hope it gets counted!

66.06!! She's in 2nd and quite close to Joannie... Very nice cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:01 pm

the 3f-3l looked clean too bad 3lz was doubled. ;_;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Huh... okay that was clearly awesome and even better than at 4CC but seriously? 76? I must have missed her 3A... oh wait... ladies... right. Now I'm jus a bit bitter. I think I'll leave it at that before I unleash undue vitriol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
e2girl

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:19 pm

what...? yu-na got 76,12...?! oh...dear...i don't know what to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Sad Why Yu-Na's score is sooo big?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoMiTripleAxel
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:36 pm

The only thing I can say now is "Arienai tsuno!!" Mao, just show them all you've got tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Suspect 76,12?
its too much...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Hmm...the judges more or less just gave the title to Yu-Na. As already mentioned, it was a fantastic program, but 76? scratch She more or less tied Brandon Mroz who had a 3A, a (F)lip, and a 3lutz-3toe... I'm not so sure about Carolina's 63+ either with botched landings, but...er. The style of the program itself is great, and I love CaroK's playful atmosphere of the program, but again - the scores. silent

I'll just ignore that for now, though, because it was a good night of skating. Elene didn't bomb, Alena and Laura did well, Rachael fought, and the veterans - Fumie and Sarah - hung on. But I was very impressed by Miki, whose excellent condition turned out to not be a coincidence! It's too bad her 3-3 was undoubtedly DG, while Mao finally got credit, it seems - Clair de Lune was ethereal as usual.

Tomorrow is a big day....and I also have to follow Ice Dance, too later on today! cat

Last edited by clovera on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:50 pm

So proud of Mao! For getting credited for the first time this year for triple-triple and for improving so much in presentation. I thought this was one of her best SP this year!! Too bad for the lutz..

I don't know what to think of the marks the judges gave to the ladies tonight thought...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:52 pm

yuna beated nobu LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:52 pm

affraid affraid Yu-Na scored over 76!!!! WOW!
Gosh - this girl is on! Yu-Na definitely rocked the house - what an expression!

Of course she has to be in first - no question about that, but come on - 76!?
Judges must have given her +1 or +2 in every single element! I'm so thrilled to see the protocols WOW!
IMHO Yu-Na was again slightly overscored - it seems to me that the judges are almost too eager to break her world record.
But still - well deserved first place. She will surely win this worlds, even if she makes mistakes in the free. But as I already mentioned, this girl is unstoppable at the moment.

I really, really need to see these protocols. I guess Maos 3-3 has been ratified, otherwise this huge score isn't allegeable.
I was sooo excited when she came on the ice. Shame about the Lutz, I seriously hope this one doesn't become her angst jump.
2axel - as clean as a whistle... her 3-3 was gorgeous, but in the repeat the loop again looked UR to me.. So it either was ratified or the judges were really, really pushing her(like Alissa).
So let's wait and see! Component scores were totally deserved, I'm glad she got about 30! And yay for the old dress - This one is simply perfect for this kind of music <3

I totally feel like we have 2007 reloaded. Yu-Na leads by miles over Mao with 10 points. But I'm sure that Yu-Na won't make the same mistakes like she did in her free in Tokyo.
Nevetheless Mao surely can catch up a little in the free, if she'll complete everything and has a terrific skate. I wish her all the best
Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:53 pm

my, Yu-na is going into the FS with 10 points in the lead... well, from what I heard, she did a great performance and with that score, she beat Oda in the short, hahaa. I agree with you clovera, they just gave the title to Yu-na.

I haven't seen the ladies skate yet - i have classes...but I heard that it was pretty awesome. From the marks I saw on the results page, I reckon so too.

MAO finally got her triple combo RATIFIEDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!Though she doubled her lutz, I expect her to come through tomorrow with a great skate. Personally, I hope she knocks everyone out of their seats with her awesome FS. Worship
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:56 pm

I am very annoyed with Kim's score. What made her have men's like score ?
Mao was about to cry after saluting the crowd but WELL DONE to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
e2girl

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:01 pm

i am watching yuna's sp on YT right now, and yes i think 76,12 is too much for her..

her spiral is not good. it's shaky.

here the video yuna kim 2009 worlds SP :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRO-v_Rriyk

Last edited by e2girl on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sockpuff

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:01 pm

i predict it'll be:

1. yuna kim
2. joannie rochette
3. mao asada

this season hasn't been the best for mao. yuna's a great skater, but to me, she lacks the delicate artistry that mao has. it breaks my heart, but mao will not be a world champion this year. oh well. ganbare, mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
e2girl

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sockpuff

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:27 pm

it's not a full video, though Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
e2girl

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:32 pm

sockpuff wrote:
it's not a full video, though Sad

oh yea... Smile here the part 2 mao sp video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r5eBR4y9gg&feature=channel_page
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:52 pm

sockpuff wrote:
this season hasn't been the best for mao. yuna's a great skater, but to me, she lacks the delicate artistry that mao has. it breaks my heart, but mao will not be a world champion this year. oh well. ganbare, mao!

Nothing is set in stone yet Wink. It's a huge lead, but Mao can still make a lot of ground if she skates well in the LP. She has by far the highest techinal content; her base value is 10 points higher than Yu-Na's and Joannie's. Barring GOEs because those are unpredictable, a clean Mao could very well catch up to a clean Yu-Na, whose LP is not at all comparable to her short in terms of greatness.

Tomorrow, I want Mao to be proud of herself. To be proud, she needs to be perfect... and a perfect Mao is just out of this world. I think she is not specifically aiming for the title but rather to better herself. But on the way to skating clean, she could also post a new world record in the LP. That would be awesome!!

Question: I just read a comment about the judging panel being different for the long tomorrow. Is that right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   

Back to top Go down

2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next