HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:06 am

After watching Mao's EX, I realize that I would rather see Mao smile genuinely than to see her land a 3A combo. Love

I may be wrong about this but I sometimes feel that Mao will remain dissatisfied/disappointed with herself unless she puts out a program she feels is perfect. That will usually mean performing her program at least 90% clean, provided that the most challenging element is successfully executed. That would usually mean the 3A and the lutz which has been giving her problems. Unless she accomplishes that, she's probably disappointed.

I can understand the need to be perfect. It's inherent in everyone's character but this puts way too much pressure on a person's life. Because NO ONE could be perfect all the time, NO ONE could be mentally strong all the time. Life is not about being perfect. It's mainly about how we react to failures and pressure.

After some reflection, as a great Mao fan Love Hearts, I think one of the most important lessons Mao needs to learn is to come to terms with herself that she is still AWESOME even without a perfect skate Thumbs up! . Awesome for the fact that she fought her hardest, done her best to prepare for the event. Yes, she tried to improve her expressiveness this season but it wasn't very well received by the fans and judges, her performance was flawed at the worlds. She's not "textbook perfect" in her jumps/artistry/blah blah blah whatever people say. No biggie. Recognize yourself for the effort you put in.

Michelle Kwan once said that it's not worth all the hard work during the year if you do not enjoy the competitions. I think that's one of the things that's kept Michelle Kwan so strong in competitions for so long. She enjoys them. Joannie Rochette did much better at TEB and Canadian Nationals last year because she said she just let go and have fun with the program.

This is easier said than done ROTFLMAO. However, I think this will be something Mao will need to work on in order for her to come alive in her performances in competitions. It's apparent that she can totally do it in the EX. So charming and captivating! She needs to bring that charm into her competitive mode too. Cheering

Just some constructive ideas I come up with. Hope that my ramblings did not offend anyone...I am a really BIG Mao fan and I so would like to smile in tears for her next year at Vancouver. Love Cheering Confetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:10 am

snowdrops24 wrote:
After watching Mao's EX, I realize that I would rather see Mao smile genuinely than to see her land a 3A combo. Love

I may be wrong about this but I sometimes feel that Mao will remain dissatisfied/disappointed with herself unless she puts out a program she feels is perfect. That will usually mean performing her program at least 90% clean, provided that the most challenging element is successfully executed. That would usually mean the 3A and the lutz which has been giving her problems. Unless she accomplishes that, she's probably disappointed.

I can understand the need to be perfect. It's inherent in everyone's character but this puts way too much pressure on a person's life. Because NO ONE could be perfect all the time, NO ONE could be mentally strong all the time. Life is not about being perfect. It's mainly about how we react to failures and pressure.

After some reflection, as a great Mao fan Love Hearts, I think one of the most important lessons Mao needs to learn is to come to terms with herself that she is still AWESOME even without a perfect skate Thumbs up! . Awesome for the fact that she fought her hardest, done her best to prepare for the event. Yes, she tried to improve her expressiveness this season but it wasn't very well received by the fans and judges, her performance was flawed at the worlds. She's not "textbook perfect" in her jumps/artistry/blah blah blah whatever people say. No biggie. Recognize yourself for the effort you put in.

Michelle Kwan once said that it's not worth all the hard work during the year if you do not enjoy the competitions. I think that's one of the things that's kept Michelle Kwan so strong in competitions for so long. She enjoys them. Joannie Rochette did much better at TEB and Canadian Nationals last year because she said she just let go and have fun with the program.

This is easier said than done ROTFLMAO. However, I think this will be something Mao will need to work on in order for her to come alive in her performances in competitions. It's apparent that she can totally do it in the EX. So charming and captivating! She needs to bring that charm into her competitive mode too. Cheering

Just some constructive ideas I come up with. Hope that my ramblings did not offend anyone...I am a really BIG Mao fan and I so would like to smile in tears for her next year at Vancouver. Love Cheering Confetti
I completely agree with you. She needs more FREEDOM and then she is perfect Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: ISU's explanation on why Yu-na edge out Mao without a 3A   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bx6h0kc2o

ETA : This may be another SBS fabricated report and that Krick's answers may be taken out of context, I sincerely apologize.

People watching the clip should exercise caution. Be aware that it DOES NOT show Krick's entire response. Also, the QUESTION that was asked is also edited away. We do not know for sure whether this is aiming at Mao or not. Clearly it was complimentary on Yu-na.

Mao, just do your best! "Add oil!" - just a Cantonese way of saying "Ganbare".

Last edited by snowdrops24 on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:01 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mitsuno

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:06 am

Since I've cooled down... I'll delete my previous post regarding Krick's interview Sweatdrop
I know I'm going to feel embarassed after posting angry posts, but did it again. Stupid me pale (妨害報道でおなかいっぱいなのにまた某国ネタで踊らされ・・・修行が足りません)

snowdrops24,
I know that word! It's 加油, right? flower

Maya,
Thanks for the info!

Last edited by mitsuno on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:25 am

Although this statement first appeared today, I'm pretty sure it's older than this worlds.
I once saw a documentary about Yu-Na on youtube which was called "captivated Yu-Na Kim" and I'm very sure that it Krick and this statement was also shown there(He might not even be talking about Mao)
So I don't think it's a straight Mao bashing from him after worlds to show how perfect Yu-Na is.
To me it's just again proof, that some(I'm sorry to say that) retarded Yu-Na fans can't even keep quiet when their favorite has won. Yu-Na is world champ now and they still aren't quiet or satisfied and feel the need to bash Mao, using everything they can find.

Ugh. I truly hate such attitude. It's comparable to Patrick Chan bashing poor Brian, even after the worlds(where he placed before Brian!). Of course I'd never call Patrick retarded, but I think it takes the same direction.

To me this vid means nothing at all. Because it really doesn't occure Mao. Because she HAS artistry, her flow over the ice is not to compare and her ballett quality is marvelous!
If artistry only means facial expressions then I guess, that Yu-Na would doubtlessly be the queen, but unfortunately it is not.
Artistry is the whole body movement to the music and I think that's a part where Mao is at least just as good as Yu-Na. She also usually gets besides Yu-Na the highest marks for PCS(except this worlds, but I think judging on PCS there was not very objective anyway)
And who says jumps are not important?! Yu-Na also couldn't win without her triple-triple. You need the total package AND the jumps.
And Mao has it. Mao doing clean programs is unbeatable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:29 am

Maya, do you think that I should delete my post if this was not directly aiming at Mao's performance?

I don't want to post anything that is clearly a fabrication.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:44 am

snowdrops24 wrote:

This is easier said than done ROTFLMAO. However, I think this will be something Mao will need just to work on in order for her to come alive in her performances in competitions. It's apparent that she can totally do it in the EX. So charming and captivating! She needs to bring that charm into her competitive mode too. Cheering
I'm afraid this is not something you can just work on. At least not in the case with Mao. EX doesn't have neither technical difficulty of a competitive program, nor its importance. It's like comparing singing in a shower and in front of a full auditorium. Smile
There's also no point of comparing Mao with anyone else in this (as well as overall). Mao is the most gifted female skater ever, she can make your jaw to fall on the floor more times during her sole Free Skate than most of other female skaters - in their whole skating life. ) She's been considered to be a child prodigy since her early years. Except some huge expectations put on her from outside, she's got her own - even bigger ones. Multiplied on her perfectionist nature. Wub
Someone cries out of happiness when gets on the 5th place of Cup of Russia, someone - while winning TEB. Out of dissapointment (remember?). Different levels of pressure, of motivation, of everything.

Last edited by summervie on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:46 am

@snowdrops24
No, no, I don't think you need to delete it, since you edited your post and stated clearly what you're talking about Smile
I also might be wrong(although I'm sure I saw it before. The documentary was from SBS too), so it's best he way it is.

I think you're right - we don't know which question was asked and to whom Krick is refering to.
Basically he's right of course, I've to agree - both the jumps and the artistry, spings etc are important, no doubt about that.
Right now I remember that this documentary also showed Mao Asada competing during the GPF 07 and pointing her out to be Yu-Nas biggest rival, so SBS might have acutally put Kricks statement in context with Mao(which would be quite typical for SBS).
Unfortunately these videos were deleted from youtube(as many others too nowadays *sigh*).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:50 am

Heheee, that's true. It IS like comparing singing in a shower and in front of a full auditorium. It's probably something only competitors of her level could understand, or people who's been through a similar situation, like Midori Ito or Yu-na or Brian Orser. I guess I was just trying to support Mao the way I think would be helpful. I just sometimes hope that skaters could skate with a lesser emotional and nationalistic burden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:54 am

Maya wrote:
@snowdrops24
No, no, I don't think you need to delete it, since you edited your post and stated clearly what you're talking about Smile
I also might be wrong(although I'm sure I saw it before. The documentary was from SBS too), so it's best he way it is.

I think you're right - we don't know which question was asked and to whom Krick is refering to.
Basically he's right of course, I've to agree - both the jumps and the artistry, spings etc are important, no doubt about that.
Right now I remember that this documentary also showed Mao Asada competing during the GPF 07 and pointing her out to be Yu-Nas biggest rival, so SBS might have acutally put Kricks statement in context with Mao(which would be quite typical for SBS).
Unfortunately these videos were deleted from youtube(as many others too nowadays *sigh*).

Thanks Maya! sunny For sake of maintaining a friendly atmosphere in this forum, I've edited away my criticisms. People could watch the clip and decide for themselves what to believe and what not to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi, I have come back to my home. can't believe that I've left staples center. The videoes for the aero doll Batsuchan mentioned.
this is how mao got this aero doll
mediafire.com ?kyi0zyqyz5l
This is the moment that Hao Zhang snatched the aero doll
mediafire.com ?tmnjtmkmaub
Seems that mao and Dan Zhang/Hao Zhang are quite familiar with each other. Someone in a Chinese figure skating forum said that they must be quite familiar with each other coz they have participated in exhibition hand on hand for many times(both got silver medal). So, I call this hand on hand exhibition friendship^^
I recorded the exhibiton, warm up in short program/long program and some in practice. I'll upload them later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:17 pm

Mao should really use her EX music for her LP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:39 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Hi, I have come back to my home. can't believe that I've left staples center. The videoes for the aero doll Batsuchan mentioned.
Seems that mao and Dan Zhang/Hao Zhang are quite familiar with each other. Someone in a Chinese figure skating forum said that they must be quite familiar with each other coz they have participated in exhibition hand on hand for many times(both got silver medal). So, I call this hand on hand exhibition friendship^^
I recorded the exhibiton, warm up in short program/long program and some in practice. I'll upload them later.
ROTFLMAO Gosh, Hao is hilarious! I also like the moment when he wanted to hug Robin Too sweet! so funny!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:43 pm

tianrushui wrote:
THank you Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
shallwedansu

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:53 pm

Hello! Long time lurker and first time poster!

First, I was ecstatic and crushed at the same time when I saw Miki's scores come out because I was so happy to see Miki succeed after dropping out from last Worlds and struggling to come back this season. At the same time I realized Miki's overall score had surpassed Mao's, thus leaving Mao off the podium. It was a complete shock for me that I'm still slowly recovering from. BUT, there is a silver lining in all this. One, this will give more drive for Mao and her team. Two, as more pressure pours onto Yu-Na's shoulders, more pressure is lifted off from Mao's shoulders. A clearer mind and conscious will allow Mao to have more focus and drive to achieve her goals.

Second, Mao's shining moment was during the gala. Hands down, it was the best EX of all the ladies. I'm a fan of Yu-Na and thought her EX was really touching the first time I saw it, but one thing she can learn from Mao is to use non-ballady type of music for her exhibition numbers. I agree with many others who have said Mao's EX should be one of her programs, because that choreography and Mao's execution of it is something that really got the attention of the audience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:53 pm

The clips were adorable tianrushui, thanks a bunch! I love you

And hi shallwedansu! (the same shallwedansu in GS I presume?) It's always great to see more people commenting here. Yep!

View user profile
MaoNinja
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:12 pm

tianrushui wrote:

Wow!!! Thank you for the clips!!!! Dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:43 pm

shallwedansu wrote:
Hello! Long time lurker and first time poster!

Second, Mao's shining moment was during the gala. Hands down, it was the best EX of all the ladies. I'm a fan of Yu-Na and thought her EX was really touching the first time I saw it, but one thing she can learn from Mao is to use non-ballady type of music for her exhibition numbers. I agree with many others who have said Mao's EX should be one of her programs, because that choreography and Mao's execution of it is something that really got the attention of the audience.

Welcome, shallwedansu!!! So nice to see you on the Mao forum (in addition to GS/FSU?) flower

Also happy to hear that you enjoyed Mao's EX the best; I can never trust my own strong bias. Sweatdrop

tianrushui - Thanks for the videos!! Thank you!
For the people who weren't there - Hao Zhang also snatched the Aero doll out of Mao's hands after he fell down by her. (SEE, Mao + Aero = very dangerous! The next time people try to bash our Mao, we're going to attack them with cute pics of Mao and Aero stuffies! Muahahaha! Hell, no! Hell, no!)

Last bit of Worlds tidbits - I saw Domnina and Shabalin at the airport, waiting in line at the security checkpoint like the rest of us! WOW! They were carrying dolls in pink boxes - I think maybe some fans gave it to them?

Well, I would write more - I've a lot to say about Mao and how much I'll be a fan no matter what, but I'm exhausted. Faint2 Will post more later!! G'night!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:53 pm

Ok maybe not...One more thing I've been meaning to say!

The rotation of champions is now complete! sunny

2004 Junior World Champion - Miki Ando
2005 Junior World Champion - Mao Asada
2006 Junior World Champion - Yu-Na Kim

2007 World Champion - Miki Ando
2008 World Champion - Mao Asada
2009 World Champion - Yu-Na Kim

I have no idea what this means for the Olympics next year, but if Miki does start nailing the quad....hmmm... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:40 am

snowdrops24 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bx6h0kc2o

ETA : This may be another SBS fabricated report and that Krick's answers may be taken out of context, I sincerely apologize.

People watching the clip should exercise caution. Be aware that it DOES NOT show Krick's entire response. Also, the QUESTION that was asked is also edited away. We do not know for sure whether this is aiming at Mao or not. Clearly it was complimentary on Yu-na.

Mao, just do your best! "Add oil!" - just a Cantonese way of saying "Ganbare".

He's absolutely right: You do NOT win a competition with a Triple Axel. You win a competition by giving a performance that is memorable and moving that you have most of the spectators in the stands on their feet giving you a standing ovation by the end of your program.

Which is why I'm so puzzled by the fact that Yuna won the gold instead of Mao.

Krick was entirely right in his analysis of what draws people into a performance; he simply applied it to the wrong person. To suggest that Mao is second in artistry and musicality to Yuna is a great insult to both Mao and her fans. Mao doesn't need a triple axel. She doesn't even need a double axel, in my opinion. One, because she has so many other great jumps already and two, because she's Mao and is awesome just by being on the ice. In Mao's case, TWO triple axels were just cherries on top of an already perfect package.

On the other hand, perhaps he should have mentioned that it takes more than foolish arm-waving (to put a spin on Professor Snape's original quote) and dramatic music to win. And

Just think it about it this way - they've already awarded the gold to Yuna so it would be political suicide for them to NOT justify Yuna's win. If they had given the gold to Mao, they wouldn't have dared to say this about her.

How much it amuses me to see that this video came from a Korean source! Oh, of COURSE it isn't enough for Yuna to win the gold and become the first to go beyond the 200.00 mark and leave Mao in the dust with her fourth placement - of COURSE they must remind us of "Queen" Yuna's victory by rubbing it in our faces with this comment from a "professional", which is nothing more than an attempt to backtrack on what was a MISTAKE.

Backtracking is always fun to watch - it makes you feel so morally superior on the inside. lol!

Edit: Perhaps I should have read more of the posts before I left this message. So maybe Krick wasn't talking about Mao. Still, I stand by what I've said. I don't think Yuna's artistry is that great so I don't know what all this hype is about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angelberry

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:10 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 am

angelberry wrote:
Pics!! Very Happy
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Oh my... I feel so strange looking at this. What was she doing there? Watching the others practice? She looks lonely somehow.. I simply want to give her a big hug Wub

Quote :
http://image.sports.livedoor.com/photo/7/2/72e081958485eb6e0a3a35a11b5296d5-o.jpg

Perfection!

Quote :
http://image.sports.livedoor.com/photo/0/d/0d74058f7a4f455af48d1d40075afa17-o.jpg

I'd love to know whom these hands belong to! I guess there not Tarasovas Very Happy

Gorgeous pictures! Thank you!
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:52 am

May be these are Miki's hands? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:12 am

Oh,yeah this is Miki for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.   

Back to top Go down

2009 World Figure Skating Championships~LA.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next