HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

MAO AND MOROZOV?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:40 pm

Quote :
Not to mention rolling on top of Miki in K&C at JSC 2009... ROTFLMAO
What? I don't understand? Is there a video?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:19 pm

To add in my two cents' worth, I watched the video of Joannie Rochette's performance with the snippet of footage of Miki and Morozov hugging. The footage was really too brief to tell WHAT exactly they were doing (apart from just hugging) and the lighting of the area kinda added to the sleezy factor but I don't think anything inappropriate was going on.

clovera raises a valid point about society's tendency to depict the molestor as being typically male and predisposed towards young girls. Sasha Cohen mentioned in her autobiography that TAT used to accompany her into the locker rooms and felt a bit "weird" about it, but no one would ever accuse TAT of doing anything inappropriate because 1) She's TAT Smile and 2) She looks like a Russian grandmamma. Now, had that been Morozov and Miki (or any of his other female students), a few eyebrows would have been raised.

So, I don't think it's fair to either Morozov or Miki to suggest that something inappropriate is happening between those two. Speculation doesn't just hurt the wrong-doer; it affects the innocent as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
misokatsu

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 pm

clovera wrote:
And I'm uncomfortable with yours. There always seem to be some backlash with this underage issue in the States that verges on idiotic (e.g. uproar in the online community when Milo Ventimiglia of Heroes started dating Hayden Panettiere publicly after she "waited" to hit legal age). I'm sorry but I don't see anything in Morovoz's current K&C clips that scream "uncomfortable" or sexually abusive. Is he on the touchy side and hugs his students? Definitely. But to suggest the possibility of his indecency through just that seems rather paranoid to me, sorry. Even if it isn't, such train of thought just feels like an all too apparent confirmation bias, regardless of his love life in his earlier years, which in all honesty is nobody's business save for his own and the parties who were directly involved in them. Suspect
You mentioned "underage." Miki isn't, is she? I didn't even raise the age issue, merely the code of conduct of the teacher-student relationship which is based on TRUST. No need to be uncomfortable with mine since it's only my opinion, as you have yours. Different people have different reactions to what they see, and just because you don't see it as uncomfortable others may beg to differ. And their opinions, however different from yours, is also valid.

Personally, I won't go so far to say it's sexually suggestive. Though I just wonder how other people may perceive it. Also, while you can say his past love lifes is his own business (who else's could it be??) people, being people, in general DO look at a person's past and history to help them ascertain that person's character, especially if they don't know much about him. If event X happened before, it's natural to wonder if it'll happen again. That's just human nature for you.

Quote :
As far as the gossip and misunderstandings go, again I repeat: media literacy. Let the ignorant and gullible spread whatever venom they have buzzing in their heads, but for those with tact and common sense to discern fact from fiction. Wink
In an ideal world, EVERYONE would be media literate, from the casual skate fan to the hardcore skater. But this isn't really the case and hence, the misunderstandings. Like I said before, I'm prepared to give Morozov the benefit of the doubt as I know he's earned his credentials as trainer. I really hope that he's able to help Miki get on the medal podium next year in Vancouver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:08 pm

clovera wrote:

We may have to wait until Mao Asada, Miracle Eighteen hits the shelves but I do feel it is partly mental. Mao's main goals this season were not to ace Worlds, but adjust to her new training regime and style, in addition to winning her 3rd Nats title, and land the 2 3A's in competition. Once all that were completed, I can't help but feel that Mao went on "energy-saver" mode to do so-so for the remaining competitions but more importantly to stay injury free for Olys, which is what she is really working for at this point.

I can't wait until the next Mao Asada book comes out! flower Sadly, I don't think it will be called 'Miracle Eighteen,' though. Crying or Very sad

I agree with you, clovera - maybe Mao did go on 'energy-saver' mode. And maybe not consciously - because she seemed very motivated after 4CC - but maybe, in her heart of hearts, she knew she really didn't want to win 4CC and Worlds - it's all about the Olympics!

Jeremy Abbott also seemed to peak in December/January - just like Mao. In fact, their trajectory this season has been pretty similar...
(See: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090405&content_id=63658&vkey=ice_news)

As for Morozov: All his skaters from Japan seem to rave about him (they were interviewed after Japanese Nationals); I haven't seen any complaints. Even if the rumors about Miki and Morozov are true - I think that's their own business.

I can't think of a single, rational, substantiated reason to think less than highly of Morozov.

BUT, I have to admit, I agree with misokatsu - that scene that was described in "Mao Asada, Miracle Seventeen," and imagining Morozov coaching Mao, creeps me out. I don't know why, but it does. Sweatdrop But y'all know that I'm partially crazy and prone to wild delusions... clown

BEST OF LUCK TO TAT AND MAO NEXT SEASON! Because all that has been actually said by Mao suggests they are working together and strengthening their relationship! Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
misokatsu

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

I can't wait until the next Mao Asada book comes out! flower Sadly, I don't think it will be called 'Miracle Eighteen,' though. Crying or Very sad

Maybe it will be called 浅田真央ー大生 18 Laughing

I actually didn't know that they were planning a sequel to the last one. I better finish mine before that time. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
Jeremy Abbott also seemed to peak in December/January - just like Mao. In fact, their trajectory this season has been pretty similar...
(See: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090405&content_id=63658&vkey=ice_news)
Now that you mentioned it, their general performance definitely mirrored one another (albeit Jeremy's "off" competitions yielding worse results than that of Mao), including the 3A being "key" in their success. In any case, next season is going to be quite the nail-biter... Lips sealed

View user profile
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:44 pm

Well, with what I've read so far, I can't judge people's reaction to the news/information they've received because every single individual is unique and never the same. Some people may react more sensitively than the others. Regardless of the culture or the society one is in, people should be more conscientious of what they say/do, and they have the responsibility to act accordingly especially if they're in the limelight. In the case of Morosov, people talk and speculate and are curious about him with the simple reason that he has made an impact in the lives of different skaters, fans, media and his co-workers. BUT in regards to MAO, I think TT is good for her, and they love and respect each other, and within a short time MAO has improved so much in her level of skating. So, I guess whoever will work with MAO is very fortunate because she is a very hard worker, a perfectionist and is never tired or scared to try more difficult moves. GOOD LUCK MAO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:48 am

bibi wrote:
Quote :
Not to mention rolling on top of Miki in K&C at JSC 2009... ROTFLMAO
What? I don't understand? Is there a video?

Sorry for belated reply! Embarassed

I made it sound kind of dirty Laugh , but it was really quite innocent. When the scores went up in the first round (and Team Blue was losing) Nobu pretended to collapse in shock and caused a domino effect on the Team Blue's bench. He got up after a second, but when he saw that Miki (who sat next to him) was paralysed with laughter, he collapsed back on her and pretended to "die". Miki eventually tried to get up, but Nobu still wasn't moving and sort of started rolling over her body, and probably nearly fell off the bench. The camera switched away from them at that point, and Kokubun Daichi said something like "Captain Oda seems to have collapsed, but the competition isn't over yet!". Sweatdrop

Yes, there is a video. It isn't on YT yet, but I plan to upload it sometime soon. I just need to cut it into smaller parts and translate it first... Faint2

Here's a screencap: Laugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:51 pm

hahahaha thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Hahahaha, Okami, that it awesome!! ROTFLMAO

And the banner in your signature - what clip is that from?? That looks funny too!!
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

And the banner in your signature - what clip is that from?? That looks funny too!!
World Team Trophy 2009 CM + Filming the CM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsPsdpv0zyo
(uploaded by Okami)

I think its this one, Batsuchan. Wink And I agree that it makes for a very cute siggy! Swoon

View user profile
misokatsu

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:53 pm

Lol, that is pretty funny. It looks like they're having too much fun Very Happy

Okami, I think your banner is classic, too! Reminds me of a manga panel lol Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:53 pm

clovera wrote:
Batsuchan wrote:

World Team Trophy 2009 CM + Filming the CM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsPsdpv0zyo
(uploaded by Okami)

I think its this one, Batsuchan. Wink And I agree that it makes for a very cute siggy! Swoon

Haha! I just watched this clip and was like "Aha!" Thanks clovera!! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:07 pm

lol at the "domino effect". These guys are a hoot and a half!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAO AND MOROZOV?????   

Back to top Go down

MAO AND MOROZOV?????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2