HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Japan Open 2009 !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:22 am

I love your avatar, roma!

Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:50 am

Thanks everyone who put up the videos!
I had to miss getting up early to watch CoI because I caught the flu yesterday pale

But wow! Mao's Caprice looks even more Caprice-y (sorry, lack of words) than the one at The Ice. Especially during the steps--she looks like she's really getting into character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:06 am

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
I love your avatar, roma!

Too sweet!
Thanks! Very Happy

Daisuke Takahashi - CoI Love Hearts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odGbhBKc-7E
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:12 am

There are some more CoI vids on FSVids. Smile
OMG Kozu's EX! He skated in a loose purple shirt and took it off during the performance (to loud screams from the female part of the audience) and then tried to put it back on... and it got stuck on his back. He spent like half a minute struggling to fix it, then just gave up, took it off again and threw it on the ice. ROTFLMAO I think he'll have a new costume in the next show... Sweatdrop He got a huge applause from the crowd! Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:29 am

Okami wrote:
There are some more CoI vids on FSVids. Smile
OMG Kozu's EX! He skated in a loose purple shirt and took it off during the performance (to loud screams from the female part of the audience) and then tried to put it back on... and it got stuck on his back. He spent like half a minute struggling to fix it, then just gave up, took it off again and threw it on the ice. ROTFLMAO I think he'll have a new costume in the next show... Sweatdrop He got a huge applause from the crowd! Too sweet!

Haha! I saw that part. You can really see he was trying to fix it. Hell, no! Didn't see the beginning of his program, though... I want to see it again.

Nobu's SP at COI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b17D_Ef-x58
Back to top Go down
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am

Thanks for the link, roma! Worship *off to watch*

BTW, does anyone know what Takeshi Honda and Samuel Contesti skated to..? Did Takeshi keep his Tosca program? ETA: It souds like he used Concierto de Aranjuez..?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:32 am

I'm back Very Happy !! I wasn't able to access the forum yesterday Sad !! But now I am Very Happy ! So happy ahaha.

Well, I liked Mao's new long program more than the Masquerade one last year. The dress is also Gorgeous!! But I would say that the music for me is a little too heavy for Mao.. it isn't Mao, for me. I think it's more TAT taste... but I respect their work together. I like way more her exhibition program (which she seems too enjoy more skating to). I wish her Short Program could be like that. And also, I think the Caprice program looks a little like a short program, so it maybe is a program that they'll use in the future.

I think it's a shame that her exhibition programs (Por una Cabeza and Caprice) suite her more than her actual competitive programs. (it's only my opinion again Razz ) But maybe I jumped to fast to the conclusions, because we haven't seen her new short program yet.

And for her jumps, it looked great in the practice clip this summer so I guess it was just a bad day yesterday. The only thing I found different (even in the summer practice clips) is her 3flip. I think she looks a little hesitant before going into it and she has less power, than she use to have. As for the lutz, I think she could do it even if it's flutz, because I loved to see her do it, it was beautiful (look here: at 0:58 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmyUwtmch9w ). Many skaters have an edge call on their flips or lutzes and they manage to have good marks. Also, her toe seems like it became a really strong jump for her and I still think she should try a combo with a triple toe at the end. For her 3axel, it looked good for me (I'm surprised it got UR). She should also get back her solo 3loop which is also really beautiful and I think it is one of her best jumps.

So these are my thoughts ahah. Well, I can't wait for TEB and I believe in Mao. GO MAO !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:44 am

Thank you everyone for the links.

WOW, Daisuke is really back ! his SP is so gorgeous !
The jumps as well as other elements are just so perfect. And I love the way he finishes his performance, very simple but cool! Watch out Plushenko !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Does anyone have the link to Kozu's EX?

He took his shirt off? I am dying to see it now Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:23 pm

I would have prefered Mao to skate to her SP at COI..so that she would be more comfortable at TEB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:44 pm

ddmm wrote:
I would have prefered Mao to skate to her SP at COI..so that she would be more comfortable at TEB.

Yeah, me too. But maybe Mao wants to suprise everyone, since she already debuted her LP here. Yuna and Carolina haven't performed any of their new programs yet, and maybe Mao was to be a little mysterious as well and have a big debut at TEB. Wink

Quote :
I think it's a shame that her exhibition programs (Por una Cabeza and Caprice) suite her more than her actual competitive programs. (it's only my opinion again ) But maybe I jumped to fast to the conclusions, because we haven't seen her new short program yet.

ITA. Sometimes it really breaks my heart that we may never see the Tango or Caprice as competitive programs. Sad, Lonely

Although I have to say, the more I watch Bells, the more I like it. I did like it to begin with, but it keeps growing on me, which is rare for a program. I'm really excited to see a (hopefully) clean LP from her at TEB. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=362nqSu4vQk Miki's short.... Oh, God,it's so creepy Shocked The worst program I've ever seen from her... Suspect And after that someone is talking about Mao's Lp being repetitive?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm totally sleepy... I'll post a longer review of the most interesting performances tomorrow. I just wanted to say that I didn't feel that Miki's SP was repetitive... I found it very unique, and yes, creepy! affraid But in a good way, like a scary gothic movie. Too sweet!

polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:36 pm

inskate wrote:
I'm totally sleepy... I'll post a longer review of the most interesting performances tomorrow. I just wanted to say that I didn't feel that Miki's SP was repetitive... I found it very unique, and yes, creepy! affraid But in a good way, like a scary gothic movie. Too sweet!
Maybe because of the big spider, but I was scared, not in a good way Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:23 pm

Mao will fight back because shes a fighter. Smile. Excitied for TEB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:21 pm

clovera wrote:

That's not true! It's always great to read other people's take on things, especially when it is constructive, well-thought out, and not a one-sided troll spree (same goes for you Batsuchan!)

Thanks clovera! Though I don't think my last post was particularly constructive...more like me in impassioned despair.

clovera wrote:
As far as the music is concerned, I wonder why the "B section" of Bells - the part with the movements - didn't make it to the edit. It would have been great as part of the spirals, steps, even as an in-between, so I'm sad to not see it utilized.

Actually, I think that is exactly my problem with the cut of music. Without the "B section" of the music, the final restatement of the theme lost its dramatic power for me--it just sounds like another repeat of the same thing as before. You need the contrast of the B section to reap the full power of the recapitulation, in my opinion.

As a result, Mao's step sequence, which should be the impassioned climax, seemed oddly understated to me - like it was simply the prelude to something else (that never came), instead of the grand finale.

I shall have to see it at TEB to see if I like it any better.

Strangely enough, I am completely not worried about Mao's jumps. She's been running through her programs every day, so I'm sure she can do them just fine. I think it may not even have been nerves, but simply Mao thinking "I always mess up the first competition," and then proceeding to do so. Better now than when it matters!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:02 am

Kozu's EX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGYdRyqkm9c

He indeed had an accident with his shirt. But I love the EX. program. It might be for this ex number that he changed his hairstyle ....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:26 am

Just wondering if Mao landed her jumps at Japan open, will people still have the same negative reaction? I've watched it a couple of times already and I think it's going to be a very good program once she's mastered it. But I was very surprised when I saw that face slapping the first time. Shocked

Jeffrey Buttle's program at Japan Open was wonderful. He can still give some very tough competition. sunny

On Miki's SP, it's good but the costume.... Might be ok without that tarantula. It's so distracting. Yep, Sadly Edit: Just remembered one article saying Miki has lots of costume to use so hopefully she'll use a different one in competition.

But my favorite at Carnival on Ice was Daisuke Takahashi's SP. Wow! That was really, really good even for a gala. Can't wait to see it in competition with the combos. Love Hearts

Nobu's SP was really good also. I like it. He did look disappointed for a not so successful first jump. I like his costume, too. Japanese Nationals will be really exciting.

Last edited by roma on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:06 am

roma wrote:
Just wondering if Mao landed her jumps at Japan open, will people still have the same negative reaction?
Of course not, this program is for Olympic champion. Olympics is completely different from any other competitions, it's not just about pretty,cute program,like Joannie's for example. I can't see her winning with this,it's like a pop song, nothing memorable. And Bells is special.With all the jumps it will be a bomb, I can't wait to see this program skating clean! cheers I know a lot of people miss old Mao, not me. She's not a Chopin girl anymore, in my opinion, she's finally find her "face".
A little note- Alexei's first perfomance in the Olympic season was only for a third place at Goodwill games, his short was a failure .His marks were super low. Do you know what I mean? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sumin

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:32 am

I like Mao's new LP. Love Hearts It's so grandious , extravagant, that makes her different from other skaters. I doubt that she would win the Olympics if she skated of something lyrical, it wouldn't be so impressive as "Bells".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:43 am

sumin wrote:
I like Mao's new LP. Love Hearts It's so grandious , extravagant, that makes her different from other skaters. I doubt that she would win the Olympics if she skated of something lyrical, it wouldn't be so impressive as "Bells".
+100! Thumbs up! Love
btw Welcome to the forum sumin! sunny It's suprising to see someone from Korea liking Mao Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:50 am

polosatik wrote:

And Bells is special.With all the jumps it will be a bomb, I can't wait to see this program skating clean! cheers I know a lot of people miss old Mao, not me. She's not a Chopin girl anymore, in my opinion, she's finally find her "face".
A little note- Alexei's first perfomance in the Olympic season was only for a third place at Goodwill games, his short was a failure .His marks were super low. Do you know what I mean? Razz
Yeah. I remembered that Alexei performance now including that one in the Olympics. epic! Very Happy

The more I see bells the more it grows on me even if I liked it the first time already. I want Mao to overcome everything during the Olympics.

On a side note, I wanna see TAT's reaction when Mao skates to this perfectly. Her reaction in the KnC when her skaters perform their best are always interesting. Very Happy

This user is uploading HD videos of COI again: http://www.youtube.com/user/jurouzin

New uploads: Miki and Joannie's COI programs and Elena Glebova's JO FS
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:00 am

sumin wrote:
안녕하세요, 수민! Welcome to the forum! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:46 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sumin

PostSubject: Re: Japan Open 2009 !!   Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:25 am

summervie wrote: