HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Fri May 29, 2009 7:26 pm

bibi wrote:
tianrushui wrote:
Mao's new EX in DOI is ONE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZeGOsR9IA
after a quick look at the MV, my first thought is that Mao will use that hat in Sing Sing Sing again^^

OHhhHHH! Thanks Very Happy:D:D:D: WHere did you get this info??!?!?
Someone saw it from Pamphlet of DOI and posted in a Japanese forum.
So, I can't provide the source><
sorry><
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Fri May 29, 2009 8:31 pm

tianrushui wrote:
bibi wrote:
tianrushui wrote:
after a quick look at the MV, my first thought is that Mao will use that hat in Sing Sing Sing again^^

OHhhHHH! Thanks Very Happy:D:D:D: WHere did you get this info??!?!?
Someone saw it from Pamphlet of DOI and posted in a Japanese forum.
So, I can't provide the source><
sorry><
thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Fri May 29, 2009 11:34 pm

tianrushui wrote:

Thanks tianrushui for the info~~ cheers The music choice is a bit unexpected, but then again, Mao's exhibitions are never generic. If this is indeed the EX Mao willl be performing this season, it looks like she is going with the playful type of EX again but with a sensual twist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 12:26 am

Wow! Dance

If the news is true (and not a result of, let's say, a mistake in the print) then it could be a really fun program! The music and the style of dancing suit Mao so well.

I think the choice of music is not so surprising, because TAT clearly likes music from musicals and Broadway shows... And the dancing scenes in that particular one were great and incorporating a lot of ballet moves.

I wonder if Mao will have a second EX, though. I'm afraid that while the audience loves fun, energetic programs, the judges seem to prefer something more powerful, dominant and "sexy".

Then again, we don't know what will Mao's competetive programs look like... Maybe this EX was chosen in order to show more variety. flower

Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 12:54 pm

Wow indeed. I can't wait until Dreams on Ice! cheers

The lyrics of "One" are very Mao-like. If Mao and Tatiana indeed chose this song, I think the final product can be really awsome. queen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Gosh! Mao and Yuna will meet at France event! affraid And yes!!!Mao will be in Moscow! Rockstar Dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 4:17 pm

WOOOOOOOOWWWWW~~ Major competition in TEB; many skaters are contenders of Olympic medals. The france federation must be very very pleased with their picks. They\'ve got nearly all the big guns - not to mention BOTH Mao and Yuna in the same competition. WT? this competition will be the focus of media attention next season. cheers

Looks like Sasha will face off both Mao and Yuna before the OLYS (IF she makes it without injuries) after all. In fact, TWICE against Yuna.

Here\'s the link:
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1450 (ladies)
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1451 (men)

COR is another very interesting competition. Taka-chan, Patrick, Weir and Plushenko are alll there. Bring it on!!!!!! Battle of quads!!!!

Japanese skating fans are gonna luuuuuurve NHK trophy even with the absence of Mao because they will get to see Joubert, Johnny, Takahashi, Taka-chan, Abbott AND Rippon ALLLLLLLLLL in one competition. The fans will go crazzzy.

I\'m still pleasantly surprised that Mao chose to go back-to-back with TEB and COR. She could have spread out her competitions by choosing NHK instead. I\'m also slightly surprised that JSF is willing to \"give up\" their home star - well, probably it has to do with Mao\'s training with TAT and also because they will get to have Mao anyways in the finals.

I can\'t wait!! I hope the coming season will be as exciting as it appears to be at the moment~ flower

Last edited by snowdrops24 on Sat May 30, 2009 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 4:50 pm

aaaa....no Mao at Skate America Sad .... and no major japanese skater...but I'm quite happy of the selection (we have Yu Na) Smile
Mao is going to go to the first 2 grand prix! I hope she'll not be too tired Razz
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 5:38 pm

No Mao at SA...in fact, SA isn't very competitive at all aside from Yu-Na, Rachael and (maybe) Sasha. Sad But my goodness, the singles event for TEB is PACKED! Congrats to Mirai and Akiko as well - they both earned 2 GP assignments this year + Dai also got two spots too! cat It will be interesting to see who the TBA spot is going to go to for NHK...I guess Nana Takeda is the most likely candidate for now. Razz

Looks like Shen/Zhao got assignments too. Shocked

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
zooma

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 6:05 pm

I'd predicted TEB & NHK or COR & NHK for Mao. Back to back in Europe is quite unexpected. Maybe because GPF is in Japan this year. Or maybe TV Asahi made some lobbyings to ISU and JSF. The French federation has every motive to build a strong ladies field. Mao is always held up in France and Russia is a quasi-home for her. This draw (if that's the case) is not bad. However, Poor Caroline Zhang.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 6:26 pm

TEB's gonna be so gorgeous!!! Mao and Yuna and Sasha and Carolina!!!!
I guess Mao really likes France for her GP series. Good luck! I have a feeling that Mao will not be attending Japan Open, it's gonna be too busy schedule for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 7:00 pm

I am now worried about Mao.
She always opens a season with bad performance and then has come back in the late season. But this year, her two GPs are too early. Hope she could have a good job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 7:59 pm

tianrushui wrote:
I am now worried about Mao.
She always opens a season with bad performance and then has come back in the late season. But this year, her two GPs are too early. Hope she could have a good job.

I don't think choosing early competitions is bad for her at all. She was obviously affected by her schedule last year at Japanese National by choosing some late GP events and going to the GP Final. If she is trying to go to the GP Final, it is better for her to have time to practice or rest before the GP Final because National is waiting for her after the GP final. Especially this year, National is so much more important for her than any of those GP events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 8:22 pm

affraid OMG! OMG! OMG!!

What have I been doing with myself?? How could it possibly have taken me so long to see this news?! OMG!

Mao at the FIRST TWO events AND facing off with Yu-Na at the very beginning!! affraid Faint2

Gosh, I have mixed feelings about this!

On the positive side:
-she can train out of Russia and easily travel to TEB/CoR
-like coconut said, she has plenty of time to rest, and also to practice/make changes after seeing what's working/not working

On the negative side:
-like tianrushui said, Mao has typically been a start slow/get better as the season progresses kind of skater (versus Yu-Na, who's in tip-top shape bang out of the gates). I am kind of worried that in the first event of the season, Mao and Yu-Na will face off and Mao will still be trying to nail her difficult TAT choreo, and she'll be compared unfavorably versus Yu-Na in the judge's eyes from the very beginning of the season. pale On the other hand, it is ALSO possible that Mao is absolutely stunning, as we all know she can be, and totally dominates the entire field! Happy dance
-I also worry that if Mao has TOO long of a break between GP events and the final that she'll kind of lose that 'competition mindset.' It's like the playoffs for other sports - the teams that have a really long gap between the regular season and the playoffs often have a hard time getting back into the game.

So I don't know what to think!! confused

coconut wrote:
If she is trying to go to the GP Final, it is better for her to have time to practice or rest before the GP Final because National is waiting for her after the GP final. Especially this year, National is so much more important for her than any of those GP events.

Actually, I think Nationals really won't matter that much. Sweatdrop It may be a pride thing, because Mao surely would like to go to the Olympics as the reigning Nat'l champion, but honestly, since Mao is now a "Symbol Athlete" for the Olympics, I think that as long as she's healthy, she'll be sent to the Olympics. Yep! Even if (knock on wood), she finishes 10th or something!

Of course, I'm sure Mao is not thinking about it that way - I'm sure she'll try her best at Nationals, but I bet the JSF is thinking that way!

So, I guess all I can say is, here's to a HAPPY and HEALTHY season for Mao!!! Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
Actually, I think Nationals really won't matter that much. Sweatdrop It may be a pride thing, because Mao surely would like to go to the Olympics as the reigning Nat'l champion, but honestly, since Mao is now a "Symbol Athlete" for the Olympics, I think that as long as she's healthy, she'll be sent to the Olympics. Yep! Even if (knock on wood), she finishes 10th or something!

Well, I have to say JSF is not so kind or sweet to Mao or any others. If they became kind to Mao this season because of Symbol Athlete thing and give a ticket to Mao even if she gets 10th or something like you said,(I don't think that will happen either though Smile ) that would be really bad for Mao too. I guess Miki got ticket for Turin that way, and she needed to face bashing. I don't even want Mao to have same kind of situation. I don't know what JSF is thinking. They put fumie first last year for the Free program at National. I guess there was a news that said JSF will not give tickets to skaters without considering the results of National unless skaters get medal at the GP final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zooma

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 9:20 pm

There is kind of a jinx. The winners at NHK have never won Worlds or Olympics since 1995. I'm sure they are really serious about winning in the next season -- no challenge to waste time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 9:50 pm

coconut wrote:
I guess there was a news that said JSF will not give tickets to skaters without considering the results of National unless skaters get medal at the GP final.

coconut - I agree that JSF has not always been very sweet/supportive to Mao or the other skaters - especially not to Mao in 2006. But I definitely think that JSF thinks that Mao is the best hope for a gold medal, and I'm sure they are aware that she is the most popular and that she brings in a ton of money.

I haven't checked, so I'm not sure, but I think that as things stand now, only the winner of Japan Nationals is guaranteed a spot on the Olympic team. I think the other two picks are not automatic, but there has been talk of automatically giving an Olympic spot to the top GPF finisher.

This basically gives the JSF a lot of leeway in deciding who to go. I thought that this means that the JSF will be able to send their favorites, which are probably Mao and Miki? (Fumie?), even if they just so happen to do badly at Nationals.

This is just my opinion, but I do think that if Mao is healthy, they will send her to the Olympics no matter what. Yep!

ETA This topic came up earlier in the thread, but I never translated. And let me explain what a 'symbol athlete' is.

According to this article, Mao will get 10 million yen (about $100,000) from the JOC.
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/090528/spq0905282223005-n1.htm

She was recently confirmed as a 'symbol athlete,' which means that the JOC sponsors can use Mao's image in their advertising (to be a sponsor, they have to contribute about $6 million to the JOC over four years). In 2006, Mao declined the invitation to be a symbol athlete because it meant she had to give up her other sponsors; however, this time around it seems that they've loosened the rules so that Mao can keep her other sponsors.

The JOC is clearly investing a lot of money in Mao (she's the only skater who got this), so that's why I say she's definitely going if she's healthy.

So PLEASE stay healthy, Mao!! Cheering
Back to top Go down
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 10:09 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
they will send her to the Olympics no matter what. Yep!
Surely they will.
Mao has earned this right one hundred times already. No one sane would suggest that if she gets her Olympic ticket should be determined by results of some one competition.

As for the GP assignments...
Firstly, wow. Secondly, wow. Thirdly... I think, everything at TEB will be all right.

Go Mao-chan! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat May 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Well, my point is I just want Mao to do well at National and go to Vancouver, that's it. That will be the best for Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sun May 31, 2009 12:08 am

coconut wrote:
Well, my point is I just want Mao to do well at National and go to Vancouver, that's it. That will be the best for Mao.
Oh, I certainly didn't mean your post, coconut. I'm sure that all the members of this forum know that Mao does deserve to go to the Olympics.

Behind any rule and any law there's certain logic and certain sense. They say in Russia that "the ways of God are inscrutable", like there's little sense in trying to understand the 'logic' of God. But any rule that is created by a human has its undertandable reasoning, and if to look into the reasoning of the Olympic tickets distribution, I guess it should be clear to everyone that Mao has already earned her right to go to the Olympics (probably more than any other skater alive).

For me Mao a perfect athlete. She's like the reason for sports to have been created and exist at all. :-) There are millions of people who have nice facial expression skills, there will be dozens (if not hundreds; wait for Chinese to seriously enter the skating scene -P) steady and powerful 3-3 in the future... And there's only one Mao Asada (I'd say her 'main qualities' isn't something you could expect for dozens of other people to have). And those will be her Olympics, no matter if she wins them or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sun May 31, 2009 8:47 am

summervie wrote:
I'm sure that all the members of this forum know that Mao does deserve to go to the Olympics.

Yes for sure. cat

I found another interview of Mao which was just uploaded!
Here, she talks about her future plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJCkxxKoyVY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sun May 31, 2009 11:31 am

coconut wrote:
summervie wrote:
I'm sure that all the members of this forum know that Mao does deserve to go to the Olympics.

Yes for sure. cat

I found another interview of Mao which was just uploaded!
Here, she talks about her future plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJCkxxKoyVY
thanks! It seems interesting! What are her future plans??!?!
Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sun May 31, 2009 9:06 pm

Thanks so much for the link coconut!! Very Happy

I don't have time to translate right now, but I will get around to it eventually! Sweatdrop

Just a quick summary - Sho Sakurai has a timeline chart and asks her when she predicts certain things will happen for her, and he starts off with the Vancouver and Sochi Olympics. So clearly Mao is planning to go to both of those. Mao says she is thinking about getting her driver's license when she's about 25, and that she thinks (but this is just a forecast!) she might get married in her late 20s and have children soon after that. She also says she might turn pro after Sochi, and that she'll become a coach/teacher about the same time as she gets married. Thumbs up!

Well, of course we knew that Mao wants to do something related to skating forever! Happy dance It was interesting how much she hesitated about deciding where to place to 'turn pro' card. It made me think that part of her is thinking that *maybe* she might go to the 2018 Olympics too!! Many Hearts

More later - though it might be a few days, so if someone else gets a chance to translate before that, feel free! flower
Back to top Go down
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 am

bibi wrote:
What are her future plans??!?!

They made each life events on a card and the guy let Mao to pick some of the cards to fill her future plan.

'Vancouver' and 'Sochi' is already on the board at nineteen year's old and at twenty-three year's old.

I translated the conversation.

1:15 What goes first?

Mao picked 'getting driver's license' at 1:22

1:25 Do you wanna get driver's license now?

1:26 I don't think I need it now but I wanna drive a car someday.

1:30 like when?

1:33 It has to be after I retire from competing.

1:41 Sometime around here, maybe.

1:44 Right before you turn thirty?

1:50 It's actually better when I'm around twenty-five.

1:54 You are really thinking about it.

2:02 This? oh no I should choose this.
Mao chose 'start coaching', but then she changed her mind and picked 'retire and become professional'

2:11 mmm, but.. okey this is how i predict.

2:15 You don't have to take it so seriously Just predict.

2:24 Mao put her 'retirement' card for right after Sochi.

2:31 You think you are competing till 2014?

2:36 Yes, I think I will still be competing.

2:43 What else? how about marriage?

2:44 I do think about marriage!

2:50 This is only prediction, OK?

2:51 Again, don't take it too seriously.

3:00 Mmm, Let me think...I guess there is no problem about marriage.

from 3:17-4:09, They just introduced how Mao has been skating.

4:26 I guess it should be somewhere here.

4:40 befroe thirty... can you imagine it?

4:45 I do... I definitely wanna have kids.

4:50 What kind of a man do you like?

5:00 Someone who is funny.

5:03 Who is your favourite comedian?

5:05 Favourite comedian!?

5:19 She is woman but Miyuki Torii is my favourite.

5:32 What kind of family do you imagine for future?

5:33 At least, I want to have two kids. I used to say that I want o have many kids, but I realized it would be really tough. I like big family. Like eight kids or something.

6:13 Let's choose the card for 'First baby'.

6:28 After you married, OK.

6:30 She even choose the card 'start coaching' at last.

6:53-7:15
They talk about how Mao spend her time other than skating. This part was in other video, I guess.

7:17 What do you like to eat usually?

7:20 I like BBQ. I try not to eat fatty part of meat, but I end up eating
them.

7:39 These days, I really like to eat dan dan noodles.

7:43 I'm thinking of trying various kinds of dan dan noodles, but I
haven't got a chance.

8:22 What kind of competition do you want at Vancouver?

8:28 First, I don't have a ticket to go to Vancouver yet, so I wanna practice everyday without having injury till then.
It's nice to win a competition by giving best performance. I will have to try my best to show everything I can because I do feel that I want to win at Olympics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:09 am

Thanks COCONUT, you're fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   

Back to top Go down

Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next