HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks for the trans, BowbowDaijin! If they're surprised at Mao's expressions and elements in that practice session... I can't wait for the Japan Open!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:35 am

I'm dying to see the spiral sequence in Bell! Unconscious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:51 am

I love your avatar, Okami!!! flower

Thanks for translating, BowbowDaijin~ cheers Japan Open is around the corner!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:27 pm

I can not wait for Japan Open!

Drama!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:38 pm

Thank you for sharing the info, everyone!! Very Happy
Thank you!

I am excited about a bell-themed program! Bells have so many different feelings...small, tinkling bells are like falling snow, and big, heavy cathedral bells are powerful and ancient.

I really can't wait any more! Panic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:02 am

Today there was a scoop about Japan Open and I missed it. (I had to work)
Tomorrow there will be a scoop about Japan Open again. I'll try not to miss
it again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olive

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:36 am

Mao and Taka interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jomBF2WBMnw

Any kind of translation is really appreciated... I think they talk about each other and it sounds fun Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:45 pm

Thank you for the wonderful reports, everyone! flower

I was suprised to read the report about Mao's facial expressions! I'm even more excited now (if that was possible Laugh ) to see her LP next weekend. Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:26 am

Next weekend is too far away... Unconscious I wish I had been able to attend Mao's open practice at Chuukyo Rink! Who, me? Mushy Love

dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:54 am

Hi, I'm a newbie who decided to post and stop lurking. Here's a not so perfect translation of the first part of the Mao-Taka interview:

interviewer : What do you usually call each other?
Mao : Taka-chan.
interviewer : Taka-chan?
Mao : Taka-chan and Mao.
They’re both from Nagoya, they both go to the same university and they’re very close.
interviewer : What’s your number 18 Kozuka? (number 18 means a song you’re especially good at and likes to sing to show off)
Takahiko : Sing it.
interviewer : He’s asking you something difficult.
Mao : Yes he is. You sing it.
interviewer : Do you two understand each other well because of your close relationship?
Takahiko : She’s a responsable, diligent girl in many ways. BUT, she’s surprisingly “out of it” in other ways.
interviewer : How is she “out of it” ?
Takahito : Sometimes. It surprises me.
interview : Asada, how do you see Kozuka?
Mao : He’s very serious.
interviewer: But he says he’s often forgetful.
Mao : Yes he is. He often forgets many things.
interviewer : What’s the most important thing you ever forgot?
Takahiko : Do I have to say it?
interviewer : Yes please.
Takahiko : I forgot my costume at a competition.
interviewer : At a real competition? What did you do?
Takahiko : I run to the hotel. I run as fast as I could and I was exausted during the competition.
interviewer : That’s surprising. You have the image of a perfect prince.
interviewer : Are you impressed by each other?
Mao : His jumps of course, and his spins are very fast. I watch him when he’s training, and I wonder how one can spin so fast. I think it’s amazing.
interviewer : Kozuka, what’s amazing about Asada?
Takahiko : She’s good at everything, and on top of that talent she trains a lot. She practices many hours, and her training is complex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:06 am

Welcome to Mao forum dangerous_angel_face! Very Happy Thank you so much for your translation! I didn't know that Taka is so forgetful Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olive

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:35 am

Dangerous_angel_face, thanks a lot for your translation, Mao and Taka are really cute together, love them!

And welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:37 am

thanks Dangerous_angel_face and welcome Smile !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
dangerous_angel_face
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:41 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Here's the second part of the interview:

nterviewer : Do you ever go out together?
Mao : We often go to karaoke.
interviewer : Karaoke? How is it?
Mao : Well, we sing. We dance.
Taka : Yes, we dance. Even though we’re tired, we danse our hearts out.
interviewer : What do you dance to for exemple?
Mao : Many songs.
Taka : EXILE, Choo Choo TRAIN.
Mao : Oh, right. We did the exhibition two days in a row. For the last day, we sung and danced for about three hours.
interviewer : That must be tiring. How’s the choreography for Choo Choo TRAIN?
Taka : We just dance as we feel.
Mao : But when I told this to Tatiana, she said it’s great. It’s a very good thing to move to the rythm, so she told me to keep doing this a lot.
interviewer : It’s good for your skating. For the singing, what’s your number 18 Asada ?
Mao : Ayumi Hamasaki or Mika Nakashima.
interviewer : Kozuka, is she any good?
Taka : She’s good.
interviewer : So Kozuka, what’s your number 18?
Mao : I know the song but not the name.
Taka : So sing it.
interviewer : Again asking you something difficult.
Mao : Yes. You do it. What’s that song again?
Taka: I often sing Masaharu Fukuyama and Konayuki from Remioromen.
Mao : His voice becomes higher than usual. So he can sing songs from female singers too.
interviewer : Really? So can you sing a little bit for us?
Taka : Now you’re asking me something difficult. (note, the whole “asking something difficult” thing is an extremely vague translation for “muchaburi”, which I’m not sure how to translate. Maybe “getting punk’d” would have been somewhat more exact)
Mao : (about Japan Open) It’s a team competition so it’s different from a normal competition. We all gather our strength together and it’s more fun than other competitions.
interviewer : What about you Kozuka?
Taka : It’s a team competition so everyone has to do their job, and cheer for each other. I hope it’ll be a fun competition.
interviewer : Yes. You’re also going to perform your Olympic season programs for the first time. How eager are you?
Mao : I think I’ll find many subjects to work on when it’s over, and I hope those subjects will be corrected for the next competition.
interviewer : And you Kozuka?
Taka : It’s the first international competition of the season, so I’m very interested about how the international judges will judge me.
interviewer : We’re approaching the Olympics. What will you do for each other if you medal at the Olympics? Go to karaoke to celebrate for instance?
Mao : But we go so often.
Taka : We go to karaoke even if we’re not celebrating anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:17 pm

Thanks for the translation!!!

I LOVE karaoke! I'm so glad they can relax and have fun occasionally.

I'm always so impressed whenever I hear people praising Mao's work ethic (because I have absolutely no work ethic!) She must work so incredibly hard, and is so dedicated and devoted that she deserves all the success she'd had and MORE. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything she's doing (I wonder what he means by complex training, by the way) pays off wonderfully this season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Thanks for translating, dangerous_angel_face! cheers

Quote :
Mao : His voice becomes higher than usual. So he can sing songs from female singers too.
Laugh

Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:21 pm

Well, this isn't really a news piece, but it was a cute little column that mentioned Mao...

http://tabi.chunichi.co.jp/from-the-world/090701moscow.html

Moscow: The road to the glory of understanding

"Panyaatona" [That's the Japanese romanization of this Russian word; I have no idea how it should be represented in English! Russian speakers, help! ]

The other day, when figure skater Mao Asada was interviewed in Moscow where she was training, she gave this phrase as the Russian phrase that left the deepest impression on her.

It means "I understand," and you can also use it when asking "do you understand?" It seems that in practice Asada is often asked by her coach, "Panyaatona?", and she answers "Panyaatona."

When I thought about it, I remembered that when I studied abroad in Russia to learn the language, that was the first phrase I remembered. Even now, I cannot forget my young female teacher's shrill "Panyaatona?" When I couldn't understand the lesson, I wanted to cover my ears.

The athlete Asada who aims for a gold medal at next February's Vancouver Olympics. It is hard to imagine the difficulty of practicing in a foreign country carrying the burden of all Japan's expectations, but she cannot cover her ears.

Every time Asada and her coach exchange "Panyaatona", they draw closer to the crown/title.

GO MAO AND TAT!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:20 am

Thank you for the translation, Batsuchan. A nice little article. :-)

Yes, the transcription should be something like "panyatna", and it both can be used as a question ("[Is this] understandable?") and as a positive answer on it.

Go MAO and TAT, yeah! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:47 am

Just wanna ask since I can't understand Japanese. Is this clip new or kinda old but just recently posted? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf_PBEEMDws

There hasn't been much Mao dream lab clips lately...
Back to top Go down
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:59 pm

roma wrote:
Just wanna ask since I can't understand Japanese. Is this clip new or kinda old but just recently posted? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf_PBEEMDws
Practice clip itself isn't new - it's from Mao's open practice for the press - but that is indeed the most recent episode of Mao's Dream Lab. cat
The Dream Lab has its own website (episode archives are located here as well), so I would just favorite that page and check every Sunday for the latest ep. instead of waiting for YT. Yep!

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
hastaluego06

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:19 pm

Hello, it's my first post here, even though I joined waaay back in May. Embarassed
I don't know if this has been posted else where in the forum, but one of the Japanese blogger who watched Mao's new program during the Chukyo University open campus posted the program's layout.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ramses0625/21129734.html

3A・2A(it might've been 3A-combo attempt)・spread eagle while she wraps her body・3Lz-2Lo-2Lo(tano)・FSSp・SpSq・3S・1F(Again, it's where 3f-combo would be)・3T・2A with an eagle entrance・USp・SlSt・CCoSp

The blogger said 3lz-2l-2l could have been actually 3F-2l-2l, but she is quite sure that Mao landed 3lz during warm-up. She was watching the edge very carefully, and believes that Mao's lutz was entered with an outside edge, might've been changed into inside a little bit, but not bad enough to earn her e mark.

It seems that Mao has her donut to half biellmann spin back in her last combination spin. I'm guessing it'd be the one she had during 06-07 season. As it's mentioned already, she finished with one handed biellmann. From what I read, it also seems that Mao opens her program as she grabs her shoulder with both arms. The blogger also mentions that Spiral Sequence was just fabulous.

During warm-up, Mao mostly concentrated on her jumps as: 2A from an eagle·3S·3T·3Lz·3Lz-2Lo·2A·2A·3A(2foot)·1A. She particularly practiced 2a from spread eagle over and over.

Overall, she liked the program but thinks the music was quite heavy and too powerful. But she also thinks Mao was so mature and improved.

Btw, as I posted this, I realized the order of her elements are exactly same as last year's. I think I know now where her SpSq will be. Rolling Eyes
Grrrr. I can't wait til Japan Open now! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

Thank you for summarizing the blog post, hastaluego06! flower

I can't wait for Japan Open. I'm looking forwars to seeing the program with a mix of worry and excitement. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:23 am

hastaluego06, thanks you so much for sharing that info. Very Happy

Quote :

From what I read, it also seems that Mao opens her program as she grabs her shoulder with both arms.

OMG! I've been envisioning that Mao should do this in either the start or end of her program. Happy dance

Quote :
Overall, she liked the program but thinks the music was quite heavy and too powerful. But she also thinks Mao was so mature and improved.

It's ok. Mao's goal will be to overcome and that probably includes the music. There will still probably be some changes to that program throughout the season. But the last sentence... Wub I can't wait to see that mature and improved Mao!!! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:43 am

thanks a lot Hastaluego06!!! And welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:02 am

Thank you SO much, hastaluego06!! flower I can't wait to see Mao!

At this point, I'm not too concerned about Mao, or any other skater for that matter, with their jumps. I wouldn't want Mao to peak too soon. That is kind of weird about the lutz though... Perhaps she's still working on correcting the edge and just had to do enough this season so she could perform it? Yuna routinely receives a "!" on her flip and still earns very high scores, so I think aiming for the "!" is actually a good idea if she can't completely take off on the proper edge... as long as it is not an "e".

Quote :

I'm going to be really honest here: This broke my heart. Sad, Lonely I'm so thrilled that Mao is even more improved and mature, but the super, overpowering music just kills me, especially since I love that piece and it doesn't have to be edited that way (just watch Jeffery Buttles SP from a few years back). I'm sure I'm totally overreacting, but I kind of feel like the edit of music is wrong for Mao, and a great piece of music has been ruined. Sigh. pale

Oscilla wrote:
I can't wait for Japan Open. I'm looking forwars to seeing the program with a mix of worry and excitement. Smile

Laugh Me too!! I cannot wait to see Mao skate again, but boy, am I worried (not about Mao's skating; I'm sure she'll do fine. More about that awful cut of music...). Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season   

Back to top Go down

Mao news - as we head into the 2009-10 season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next