HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

LA Times Article & Mao's comment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sky

PostSubject: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:26 am

Hello, everyone.

1. LA Times
I am very angry Very Mad ....and very sad Crying or Very sad ......that some Korean people deceive the fact. I worry that people around the world misunderstand that this article is true.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/olympics_blog/2009/04/absurd-is-the-word-for-skating-swimming.html

It says that...
5. And they better have EMTs on call throughout South Korea during the Olympics, to judge by the hyperventilating e-mails I am getting from Korean fans convinced there is a Japanese-funded conspiracy to buy off judges so Japan's Mao Asada will beat Korean heroine Yu-na Kim, the new world champion, in the 2010 Winter Games. As in: "Nowadays there seems like some referees are suspected of getting money from Japan.'' And, from a different e-mailer: "I wonder if Japan buys all judges? Or is there some judge who has (a) conscience?''

Oh, no~
I really hope this kind of harassment won't influence Mao badly.

2.On April 26, at the interview by NHK TV,

Mao said,

"To get a gold medal at the Olympic is not my final goal. I think I will be able to skate after OP, so I cannot see my final goal now."

Very nice comment!
Mao-chan, Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:26 am

Ugh. Very Mad

Two of my least favorite things in figure skating - irrational anti-Mao "fans" and Phil Hersh... Who, me? I'm sure Mao won't be fazed by this, but the online Korean community is really getting on my last nerves recently with their conspiracy theories and poor etiquette in anything related to Japan. First it was the WBC. Then it was their mass-protest to get Hetalia removed from airing on TV (wikipedia it up!), and of course, their favorite target, Mao.

2ch, 2chan, and 4chan are more than enough when it comes to "internet hellholes" but the online Korean community has their equivalent, and that's not a compliment at all.

And we can make an educated guess that Mao's stellar showing at WTT further fanned the flame, because the last thing the Yu-Na bots want is the possibility of Mao winning... Rolling Eyes

View user profile
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Yes, SKY, they really make your blood boil. And I don't understand why journalists just can't do their jobs, they intimidately create this atmosphere of ignorance. Do you know that BATSUCHAN has placed this article of Hirono Aoshima under MAO ASADA, HEROINE OF THE ERA. Check it out and it will make you feel much much better. And CLOVERA, thanks for your comments. It makes me feel good that I'm not alone in appreciating real talent and real art on the ice. I'm definitely glad MAO is in the skating world or else, I wouldn't have to further my interest in this ART of Figure Skating. And thanks for this site and am sure glad that you people have your head on your shoulders. Glad to be a member of this site and I'm grateful to all the members and the admin for all the infos. Feels good that you guys are around for MAO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:33 pm

once again:

1. Why the ISU want to hurt to yuna? scratch , a machine of money, with Mao they obtain a lot of money, but Mao had said that she going to skate in competitions after the winter games, then money for sure. not the same with yuna, the winter games is their last oportunity to obtain all they can of she. then all this of Japan buy off judges is a stupid idea and Korea is not a poor(pobre) country.

2. lol! mao´s attitude, like when she said about downgrades that she only think to work for to rotate it properly Thumbs up! .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Take it this way: Koreans are harrassing JSF because they are afraid of Mao ! After seeing her at WTT, they all know that Mao is one who could beat Yuna at the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:41 am

Yes, I think so, too DDMM. With the WTT competition where MAO proved her resiliency, I think they're intimidated by the results and it vividly shows that MAO is a sturdy competitor to their so called QUEEN. I don't mean to offend the YUNA fans but ....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:18 pm

*YAWN* Sleep

I saw that Phil Hersh article and was like, "what a load of nonsense, as usual."

Honestly, as long as the Korean media or Yu-Na Kim are openly slandering Mao Asada or filing complaints with the ISU, I've decided that I don't care. geek

In her latest interview with Sho Sakurai (see the "Mao news as we head into the 2009-10 season" thread), Mao made it super clear to me that she's not worried about anyone but herself. She seems totally unfazed by the media. So why should we care? Why should we lower ourselves by responding to the repulsive efforts of others to degrade her?

In her article, after Worlds, Hirono Aoshima said that if we truly love Mao, we will ignore the inflammatory media, rise above the bickering, mud-slinging "fans," and pay attention to Mao and Mao alone (ie, not what anyone else says about her). And that is exactly what I intend to do. Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
juliet
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:17 am

I think the media have lost their integrity that they have to manufacture news to keep themselves busy thinking that whatever it is they write/say/show will keep them on the go, setting truth and ethics aside. What they do and will do to make their lives/jobs interesting as what they seem to think, vividly shows their carelessness and calousness. Not all public is dense nor daft and I certainly hope that they visit this forum to gain more knowledge and regain their consciouness. I'm soooo glad to be a member of this forum and would gladly say how much I value MAO ASADA, and apparently through her talent, people can understand/see how genuine she is, wherein she brings out the real meaning of artistry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
getmewild

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Sun May 03, 2009 7:42 am

Koreans again... I mean not all of em' (Gotta Catck Em' ALL!)

I can't believe they even made those videos and picture edits that takes a lot of work.... I rather create a Yuna kim video montage and photo montages of Yuna instead of doing that....

anyway...

Batsuchan wrote:
*YAWN* Sleep
In her latest interview with Sho Sakurai (see the "Mao news as we head into the 2009-10 season" thread), Mao made it super clear to me that she's not worried about anyone but herself. She seems totally unfazed by the media. So why should we care? Why should we lower ourselves by responding to the repulsive efforts of others to degrade her?

In her article, after Worlds, Hirono Aoshima said that if we truly love Mao, we will ignore the inflammatory media, rise above the bickering, mud-slinging "fans," and pay attention to Mao and Mao alone (ie, not what anyone else says about her). And that is exactly what I intend to do. Yep!

I agree... so from now on I will try to calm myself everytime Mao-haters (you know who they are!) posts rude comments...

Worship ALL HAIL MAO-CHAN! Worship

Click Here For My YouTube (getmewildO2)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://maoasada.blogspot.com
clasic888

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:05 pm

we will give all our sopport to mao not only thru messages,but thru spiritualy mentaly and physicaly, we all pray for her good health so by that she can passed all the test that she facing now specialy at the olympic.....asada mao can do it for the olympic 2010......thank you....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mitsuno

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:41 am

That article left me open jawed for a moment, and afterwards a bitter smile. I mean, why do they put so much effort in sending rubbish e-mails and making anti videos?? scratch
Oh, and about this bribery thing. It's rather funny that in Japanese forums, it's the contrary. A lot of people suspect that S.Korea is buying off the judges. Mmm... I guess J and K are the same kind afterall? Who, me?

As a Japanese myself, I really have mixed feelings towards these kind of problems because I've never had any trouble between Korean people in personal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:53 pm

what i am worried about is if mao does win fair and square... people will still contest that the judges were bought off and ruin mao's moment to shine. moreover, people will nitpick her program to death.. on youtube, everywhere.

take a step back people, it is not life and death if your fave. fig. skater doesnt win the gold fair and square. face the loss, accept the loss but also do it graciously.. and also win graciously as well. whatever the outcome, if both skate their best it will come down to their points, there is video to prove underrotation of jumps, etc.

and people also need to accept that there still is a subjective aspect to the sport... so it is not a perfect system but we need to believe in it.

plus mao and yuna or whomever wins the gold would not want to win this way.

peace out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Times Article & Mao's comment   

Back to top Go down

LA Times Article & Mao's comment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1