HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

~Mao and TAT~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: ~Mao and TAT~   Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:20 pm

After reading that nice interview with TAT, I thought I'd finally start a thread on TAT and Mao. cheers

Unfortunately, I don't have my 'Mao Asada, Miracle Seventeen' book with me now, so I can't translate that, but I will share a quote from TAT from the 'Mao Rashiku' book.

Mao Rashiku [Mao-like], pg 80:

Teaching an athlete like Asada who is already standing at the top of the world requires preparation. If her rank falls, your responsibility and teaching will be questioned. Even so, Tarasova agreed to accept her [as her student]. She explains the reason like this:

"I am living in Russia, and I'm also employed as an adviser to the Russian [Skating] Federation. But when Mao asked her to be her coach, I could not refuse. The lack of a top lady skater in Russia is one reason. There is a tough competition going on among the world's ladies. If you take on coaching responsibilities, it's extremely challenging. Up to now, I have had the experience of coaching world champions. I think I can bring out Mao's abilities. Teaching a top skater like her is challenging, and there are difficult parts, and of course, the responsibility is heavy. Mao's good point is that she has flexibility like clay. [I don't think she means this literally; I think she means that she can mold Mao into the skater she wants her to be.] Of course, she has incredible talent. For Mao, skating is life. I think (Mao is) a gift from God." [bolding added by me]

I love Mao and TAT! Many Hearts

More on this to come, eventually... Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: ~Mao and TAT~   Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:31 am

Awwww... Mao and TAT are such a great pair together. Love Hearts hohoho.

It would be great if the two maintain their coaching relationship until after Sochi. flower

BTW, I love how Mao seems to be enjoying her Moscow training so much in the news clips. I look forward to seeing her perform with the same joy, excitement and confidence as she displayed in the coming ice show and competitions. I really think that if Mao skates with her love for skating, she will naturally shine and excel. Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: ~Mao and TAT~   Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:19 pm

Thank you for translating and sharing, Batsuchan! flower It's great to hear that Tatiana believes in Mao so much. Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinkoku

PostSubject: Re: ~Mao and TAT~   Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi guys,
Does anyone know how I can contact Tatyana when she's in Japan, or her assistant in Japan or something.
I tried to check some websites like the Japan Skating Federation or Japan Figure Skating Instructors assotiation site but they don't even have a phone number. Nah...
Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zakkan

PostSubject: Re: ~Mao and TAT~   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Shinkoku
japan skating federation--TEL:03-3481-2351 jsf@skatingjapan.or.jp
Aich sakting federation-- infoasu@aol.com
Tokyo skating federation-- TEL:042-465-1222 FAX:042-465-1221
tokyo-skate-un@mti.biglobe.ne.jp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinkoku

PostSubject: Re: ~Mao and TAT~   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Wow! Thanks a lot. Will give it a try Thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Mao and TAT~   Today at 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down

~Mao and TAT~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Mao Chat-
Jump to: