HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Miki + Nikolai tabloid gossip. D:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Miki + Nikolai tabloid gossip. D:   Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:12 am

So I just er, wanted to start this thread and show our support for the truth (that's right!), Miki, and team Morozov after being somewhat horrified at all the gullible folks over on FSU and elsewhere that believed the ridiculous "Miki and Morozov are in an intimate relationship" nonsense. Razz

Article on Sankei Shinbun online:
www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20090914-543405.html

----------------------------------------------------------

As someone who can actually read Japanese, and follow their media, this is what I have to say on the issue:

-The Shuukan Post (Weekly Post) is your typical trashy tabloid mag; they have written several articles on Mao's "love life" in the past, and they write pages upon pages of conspiracy theories concerning Japanese politics among other things. Oh, they titled their groundbreaking article "The Quad of Love." Commentator Not exactly what you'll call a respectable source of information for literally anything, I would think. The Weekly Post is also well-known for their semi-nude photo spread in each issue, but I'm not even going to go there. Escape

-You'll notice that the Sankei Shinbun's take on the Miki-Morozov love article - that quotes the Weekly Post - is very short. This is because the Weekly Post is the only literary publication "reporting" this scandal in full detail (aka "if you want to read the entire story, buy the Weekly Post, because this is our exclusive story!")

-The actual "scandal" isn't creating that big of a stir in the mainstream Japanese media. It made its way into a few Japanese wideshows - a Japanese programming format that combines regular news, shopping trends, and gossip - but only for around a day. You would think something this big would receive more coverage. Laughing

-I think we are all aware that the Japanese media loves to blow things out of proportion and have never been particularly kind to Miki - the Torino bashing being an obvious example. Even the mainstream Japanese media have their questionable moments (anyone remember the Tokudane segment on Mao and the GPF? Very Mad).

----------------------------------------------------------

End rant. Razz If you want to share your thoughts on this, go ahead and post away!

Last edited by clovera on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki + Nikolai tabloid gossip. D:   Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:50 am

Mmmm... to be honest,it doesn't bother me at all. Are they dating or not, it doesn't matter for me. I didn't like Miki as a skater, and Morozov as a coach Laughing I don't interested in their personal life. What really makes me feel upset, is that so much people,figure skating fans, taking these things so seriously like it's their own life Suspect Is that really matters for anyone? On the other side, I think it's a very silly gossip, because Miki looks like a very smart girl, and Morozov is ...eeeh..you know silent Not the best person for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki + Nikolai tabloid gossip. D:   Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:43 am

As polosatik, I don't really care if they are dating or not, but I'm not surprise to hear this news, since a couple of years ago, some of my friends who are skating in New Jersey (sometime in Hackensack) told me the same thing. It didn't mean that I believe this rumor, but this is not the first time I hear it..
Well, I'm wishing good luck to Miki this season Smile I hope she can be in good shape for the olympics !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki + Nikolai tabloid gossip. D:   Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:24 am

I was quite surprised when I saw this in twitter. This isn't the kind of issue you'd like to hear in this very important season so I'm hoping this wouldn't affect Miki.

Looking at tokitama's recent tumblr post Miki seems to be in great shape:
http://tokitama.tumblr.com/post/191679871/askanything
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Miki + Nikolai tabloid gossip. D:   Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:25 am

roma wrote:
I was quite surprised when I saw this in twitter. This isn't the kind of issue you'd like to hear in this very important season so I'm hoping this wouldn't affect Miki.
Agreed. I probably should've placed more emphasis on the implications this may have on Miki, since whether Miki and Nikolai actually date (which I still seriously doubt, as Morozov is touchy-feely with all of his students, including Adam Rippon when he was still with him) is their prerogative and really no one else's business but their own.

My beef with this is that tabloid or not, the fact that this kind of sensation-seeking article is written at all is bound to give Miki and Morozov a negative image - Japan is not like NA or Europe where a Serena Williams-esque conduct or problems akin to Oksana (e.g., drinking) is seen through generous eyes. I brought up the cases of Kumi Koda and Erika Sawajiri (which Batsuchan is all too familiar with) in past threads since they pretty much illustrate how those in the spotlight are treated and viewed upon by the general population in the regrettable case that they do get caught up in a scandal...in Japan. You have to remember how long it took for the Japanese media to finally get over Tono's DUI in the '07-'08 season. Disappointed 

Miki already came under some serious bashing from the Japanese media and the public after Torino, Worlds '08, AND last year's Nats - I personally am getting sick of seeing the poor girl being ripped to shreds.

In the end of the day, I just want the Japanese media - mainstream and tabloid - to back off from their athletes and stop covering them in the same vein as pop stars and actors (which, ironically, is exactly the same thing Morozov brought up in his criticism of the Japanese media after Worlds; Tat also have made similar remarks). I just hope both Mao and Miki won't be distracted any further in this important Olympic season. Yep, Sadly

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miki + Nikolai tabloid gossip. D:   

Back to top Go down

Miki + Nikolai tabloid gossip. D:
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1