HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 33
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:42 pm

Please, please, make it Liebestraum!!! That piece just shouted 'Mao' to me when I heard it!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : Place of Happiness :D

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:12 am

chineseteacup wrote:
@ sapphiresky - La Campanella is an amazing piece! But I can't imagine it as skating music either Very Happy At least not the original piano arrangment. Imagine how tired Mao would be, trying to match her skating to the quickest part of the piece Shocked *faints*

Hehehe...that would be crazy wouldn't it be? But she likely has the stamina to do it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 622
Join date : 2008-07-25
Location : japan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:48 am

There was an article about Mao's programs. study

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20091025-00000086-jij-spo

Press conference of Japanese skaters was held at Moscow. Mao Asada who finished fifth overall at Rostelecom Cup said that she has no intention of changing both short and free program for this season. The layout of three triple axel will not be changed either. After the competition, she came to a conclusion by talking it over with her coach Tatiana Tarasova,
"Only the National is left for me but I hope to make no mistakes there." she said.



This article here has another quote from Mao.
http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/NewsPack/CN2009102501000509_Sports.html

"Tatiana couldn't decide but I told her I wanna go with the current music because I like them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 33
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks for the news, coconut.

coconut wrote:

This article here has another quote from Mao.
http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/NewsPack/CN2009102501000509_Sports.html

"Tatiana couldn't decide but I told her I wanna go with the current music because I like them."

Really, Mao, really?
Don't decide this now. Go home to Japan, mull about it, and THEN decide.

I hope she's not deciding because she's annoyed about everyone else telling her to change her programs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:44 am

chineseteacup wrote:

There's a video on youtube of Mao's TEB SP set to the music of 'Skater's Waltz' by Emile Waldteufel. The video can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2WjXAXPDs

Thank you for the video, chineseteacup!! That works perfectly with Mao's program. I keep watching it over and over and like you mentioned, it has made me realize that Mao's skating style has not changed. It's still the same light-stroking, deep knee-bend, wispy, flying loveliness that we all are enamored by Mushy Love

coconut wrote:
Mao Asada who finished fifth overall at Rostelecom Cup said that she has no intention of changing both short and free program for this season. The layout of three triple axel will not be changed either. After the competition, she came to a conclusion by talking it over with her coach Tatiana Tarasova,
"Only the National is left for me but I hope to make no mistakes there." she said.

Hmm...thank you for sharing. So I'm guessing this means a no-change is official then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:17 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Thanks for the news, coconut.

coconut wrote:

This article here has another quote from Mao.
http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/NewsPack/CN2009102501000509_Sports.html

"Tatiana couldn't decide but I told her I wanna go with the current music because I like them."

Really, Mao, really?
Don't decide this now. Go home to Japan, mull about it, and THEN decide.

I hope she's not deciding because she's annoyed about everyone else telling her to change her programs!

I'm extremely disappointed about this, tbh. I don't mind her keeping the programs. I want her to be comfortable performing to whatever program she chooses, whether I like it or not. But keeping the three 3 axels? Not making any changes? Sigh. pale It just seems so illogical. I really don't know what to say anymore, so maybe I should just shut up. Lips sealed

I just hope all of this is REALLY coming from Mao, and not that she's being forced to or someone is convincing her, because if someone is pressuring her to keep these programs AND a jump layout that does not work at all for her, then I'll be really angry. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:20 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Thanks for the news, coconut.

coconut wrote:

This article here has another quote from Mao.
http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/NewsPack/CN2009102501000509_Sports.html

"Tatiana couldn't decide but I told her I wanna go with the current music because I like them."

Really, Mao, really?
Don't decide this now. Go home to Japan, mull about it, and THEN decide.

I hope she's not deciding because she's annoyed about everyone else telling her to change her programs!

I don't know what to feel regarding this announcement which came this early. I'm not sure whether to applaud this or not. I'd rather have her go home and rest, think about this and then decide like what you've said, Batsuchan.

Early this week they've posted news that Mao might change her SP using Caprice as what they've originally planned. And then we have this news. It certainly looks like what someone would do when they're annoyed at what people are telling them to do. It's certainly what I would've done considering I'm pretty stubborn, too, and that's one thing I want to do less. Razz Whatever happens, I'll just keep on supporting Mao. It's her decision and I'll respect it. *Sigh* Since she's not going to replace masquerade I'm still hoping for flute version...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 33
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:21 am

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:

There's a video on youtube of Mao's TEB SP set to the music of 'Skater's Waltz' by Emile Waldteufel. The video can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2WjXAXPDs

Thank you for the video, chineseteacup!! That works perfectly with Mao's program. I keep watching it over and over and like you mentioned, it has made me realize that Mao's skating style has not changed. It's still the same light-stroking, deep knee-bend, wispy, flying loveliness that we all are enamored by

Thanks for the video, chineseteacup! And you and MaoMaoRevolution are exactly right. Mao's skating STYLE has not changed at all, which is the music is not working for her!!

Can we send this video to Mao??
(There was a fan vid of her skating to Liebestraum too.)

Mao, you might like 'Masquerade Waltz' and 'Bells of Moscow' - I think they're fantastic pieces of music too, but I don't think they match you!! And if you want to win, you have to find something that matches you.

And as Coach Machiko said, you are "an angel descended from the floating world," not an agent of the underworld! Please, someone talk some sense into her! Yamada-sensei, onegaishimasu!!!

[Ok, that's the end of my rant. ]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 33
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:25 am

Liffey wrote:

I just hope all of this is REALLY coming from Mao, and not that she's being forced to or someone is convincing her, because if someone is pressuring her to keep these programs AND a jump layout that does not work at all for her, then I'll be really angry.

Oh no, I'm sure it's coming from Mao herself, but it's irrational mad Mao, who's probably like, "Shut up everyone; I'm sick and tired of you people telling me to change things, so I'm just going to do what I've been doing and I'm not changing anything!"

Calm, determined Mao should make the decision.

But on the bright side, oh I think Mao will be *pissed* to miss the GPF. I can just see her stewing at home while the competition is going on. Man, I think she's going to be rip-raring to blow away the field at Nationals! I hope she can hold onto that feeling of righteous indignation! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:40 am

Batsuchan wrote:

But on the bright side, oh I think Mao will be *pissed* to miss the GPF. I can just see her stewing at home while the competition is going on. Man, I think she's going to be rip-raring to blow away the field at Nationals! I hope she can hold onto that feeling of righteous indignation! Very Happy

This I want to see... Very Happy

----

Just a question: is 3A, 2A and 3F combo possible for Mao's SP?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 404
Join date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:42 am

only if she could do 3A with steps in,just as she did in 06-07 season
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:02 am

Batsuchan wrote:

But on the bright side, oh I think Mao will be *pissed* to miss the GPF. I can just see her stewing at home while the competition is going on. Man, I think she's going to be rip-raring to blow away the field at Nationals! I hope she can hold onto that feeling of righteous indignation! Very Happy

ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clair de Lune

avatar

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:10 pm

She should probably do what Evan did last season: take the programs TAT gave and have Lori Nichol tweak them. Seemed to work VERY well for him. The problem would be dealing with TAT as a coach...

I hope Mao does SOMETHING. Anything, to get back the happy skater we know and love. Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 527
Join date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:42 pm

coconut, thanks for bring us news Razz

I'm actually taken aback by her speedy announcement. I thought that it will come after she returns to Japan and consults other people's advice.

Well, at least we now know that Mao is indeed totally responsible for her performance and her decisions. She simply refuses put blame on others, even though the circumstances is in her favour to do so, which I appreciate. GoooOO MAO! Cheering

I'd like to share something I had in mind recently. Razz

As a non-Japanese speaker who has been following Mao's news for a year and a half, I've found that Mao's response to the media has been rather short and somewhat reserved in the recent years. They also do not contain a lot of concrete information, but a lot of standard PR responses. This makes it increasingly difficult for me to "know" or "connect" with this girl even though I am a HUGE fan. This site is the ONE and nearly only source that I can find to understand more about the wonderful personality of Mao.

I respect that an athlete's personal life or deep personal reflections are nobody's business. However, from the media's point of view, I cannot help but think that a short crisp explanation of why she's still following the same jump layout in spite of her unsuccessful attempts in the past 3 competitions may help ease the critical sentiments a bit. By doing so, she can also avoid coming across as a young headstrong girl who is unwilling to admit to making bad decisions. By doing so, she shows the world that she HAS thought it through; she isn't dismissing the problem and trying to hide from it. (I understand that Mao is totally the opposite of self-denial and all because I am her fan and I search high and low for any news about her Panic! but the media/skating fans are not taking the news very well)

Though Mao may not need to explain every decision of hers to the public (that would be ridiculous), I think she could act smart and win the media over to root for her with better responses in her interviews. She can open up to them a leeeetle bit more - so to stop people from speculating her intentions/questioning her character anymore.

I really don't think saying words like "perfection" or "no mistakes" are going to help because the press/audience is bound to remember them and judge you on that. I think Team Mao can help control the media's pressure (slightly) by adjusting their expectations for Mao. Better have the media on your side and empathize WITH you than be against you.

I think Batsuchan said it best, it is important that Mao be brutally honest with herself and ask the tough questions in order to move forward. Razz Because if she doesn't ask them herself, the figure skating world and the media is bound to ask them for her.

I totally respect your decisions, Mao. Smile I admit that I have my doubts but this does not mean that I will stop supporting you. Cheering I really love watching you skate because your dedication and joy just totally wins me over. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 33
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:59 pm

snowdrops24 wrote:

I really don't think saying words like "perfection" or "no mistakes" are going to help because the press/audience is bound to remember them and judge you on that. I think Team Mao can help control the media's pressure (slightly) by adjusting their expectations for Mao. Better have the media on your side and empathize WITH you than be against you.

This subject was mentioned in one of the Mao Asada books - I think it was the Sweet Sixteen one. Mao had stopped saying stuff like "I want to win," because she didn't want to disappoint the media/her fans, but then her mother said she should state exactly what she wanted to do (ie win), because it would help solidify her goals and keep them in her mind.

Mao has been saying, "I want to do what I can do in each and every competition" --that's not very ambitious. Just admit it, say you want that gold medal in Vancouver, because if you say it, you will realize it's true. "Yes, I want that gold medal! I want to show you what I can do!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 527
Join date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:08 pm

It's 3a.m. here, so please excuse me if I sound less coherent as I would have liked. Razz

You are right, Batsuchan, that Mao should be allowed to state exactly what she wants to do. Everybody wants to win in a competition, there's no shame to show it. Thumbs up!

I'm just worried that her responses were so short that they may lead to misunderstandings...*sigh* I'm not sure if I am able to explain my point well enough Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 33
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:15 pm

snowdrops24 wrote:

I'm just worried that her responses were so short that they may lead to misunderstandings...*sigh* I'm not sure if I am able to explain my point well enough

Sorry, I wasn't intending to disagree! Sweatdrop It's just that I'm unsure what Mao should do. Ideally I'd like her to believe in her goals of winning and state that, but until she does that, I don't know if she should try to give her explanation to the media or just say nothing.

On one hand, it might be good to mollify the media and give the impression that she has some strategy in mind--but then I worry that they're just going to maintain their uber-high expectations for her ("Mao Asada on the comeback!").

On the other hand, if she drops out of the limelight, they might speculate nasty things about her. Or they might ignore her, easing some of that pressure...

HMMM...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:47 pm

I had a chance today to talk with Shanetta and she said that Mao feels very good and very determined, she was very mad at herself yesterday,that Tat was very sad about it, she thought Mao is too hard on herself. I asked her about the programs, she said that they'll talk about it today and then decide,but it's very likely sp to be Caprice) And the same about jump layout, Mao really wants to do a perect program with 3a-2t. But they might replace second 3a with 3f-3t.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:57 pm

polosatik wrote:
I had a chance today to talk with Shanetta and she said that Mao feels very good and very determined, she was very mad at herself yesterday,that Tat was very sad about it, she thought Mao is too hard on herself. I asked her about the programs, she said that they'll talk about it today and then decide,but it's very likely sp to be Caprice) And the same about jump layout, Mao really wants to do a perect program with 3a-2t. But they might replace second 3a with 3f-3t.

Oh, thank you very very much, polosatik ! You're an angel ! Smile flower
It must be a wonderful feeling to talk to a couch of Mao and talk with her ABOUT Mao ! Yep! ...I'm so jealous... Too sweet!

I think it would be very good do replace the second 3A with a 3-3 because Mao landed the first one more often than the second....

And yeah...CAPRICE ! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Quebec city!

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:03 pm

I just think that Mao wants to prove to everyone, including herself, that she's capable of landing all those triple axels in competition.. she's so determinated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 29
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:10 pm

polosatik wrote:
I had a chance today to talk with Shanetta and she said that Mao feels very good and very determined, she was very mad at herself yesterday,that Tat was very sad about it, she thought Mao is too hard on herself. I asked her about the programs, she said that they'll talk about it today and then decide,but it's very likely sp to be Caprice) And the same about jump layout, Mao really wants to do a perect program with 3a-2t. But they might replace second 3a with 3f-3t.

Thank you polosatik! Daisies for you You had a great idea to talk with Mao's coach. Her thoughts may calm our nerves a little bit!
wohoo! Cheering It's awesome that Mao feels determined and is in a fighting spirit Smile The ideas to make some changes sound reasonable, however I will support every decision of Mao Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:40 pm

About the SP news, this is getting more confusing by the day :/ I want to think Mao will change to Caprice like Shanetta said, but also Mao herself said she would keep her programs. I am worried there may be conflict between Mao and her coaching team about this.


Last edited by MaoMaoRevolution on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 518
Join date : 2009-01-08
Location : Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:51 pm

think we must wait a bit and than we know whether she changes her programs, couch or jump layout. I think we should't overreact (that's difiicult, I know - I'm like you and want to know everything NOW) and let Mao go home, that she can rethink about the situation and can make her decisions calmly and from her own heart! Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:49 pm

Thank you for the report, polosatik! flower

I woould love if Mao switched to Caprice, it's such a great program. I hope Mao feels better soon. She just looked too exhausted in this event. She had too many events in a row... No time to get rest or improve elements that are shaky.

I hope Mao is not too hard on herself and just takes her time to rest and calmly practice for the Nationals! I love you

_________________
Good luck, Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Quebec city!

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:18 pm

Quote :
Mao didn't say anything about Yuna-Shanetta did. I think it's very important that no matter what she said, we don't attach Mao to it.
As far as I know, Polosatik never said that Shanetta said bad things about Yu Na!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   

Back to top Go down
 
Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Transfers for 2009 - 2010 season
» Athletics Victoria's & Queensland's biggest clubs
» The Newcastle United 'Let's have a repeat of the 2009/10 season' Thread
» What is your most favorite program 2009-2010 season?
» NASCAR News/Silly Season Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Mao Chat-
Jump to: