HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:43 pm

I asked my friend to translate it for me and I thought she meant she does not think she is at a disadvantage because of the new judging system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:47 pm

aoi88 wrote:
I asked my friend to translate it for me and I thought she meant she does not think she is at a disadvantage because of the new judging system.

That would make more sense, since Mao never complains about anything... Yep! I certainly hope she doesn't think she's at a disadvantage!

ETA This is off topic, but the Japanese website goo has a Vancouver special up now, so there are a ton of pics of the athletes, and some nice pics of Mao from the past 4 years:
http://sports.goo.ne.jp/vancouver/ph/p10/100031/
(see the thumbnails at the bottom)

Last edited by Batsuchan on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Asada’s thinking is slightly different. “I think there are different types of artistic expression. You can express the rhythm of the music, or you can show your artistry by expressing some kind of story. (In my program), there is no story, so I want to impress people with the beauty and strength of skating itself. I think the ISU’s new scoringsystem is a bit unfavorable for me.” *

* This comment strikes me as being a little uncharacteristic—perhaps that was a bad translation? It seems very unlike Mao to say anything that seems close to complaining about the judging. Suspect

Batsuchan, you didn't translate the comment that you thought was uncharacteristic of Mao, correctly.

ISUの新しい採点制はわたしにとって不利ではないと思います

ISU no atarashi saitensei wa watashi ni totte furi de wa nai
to omoimasu.

I do not think the ISU's new scoring system is unfavorable towards me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Thanks maowataiyo...I read it as ではないかと思います. Sweatdrop Thanks for correcting; I appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Batsuchan, I actually need to thank you for all you hard work and especially for your blog, FUYU NO OHIMESAMA- I love it! Your "evolution as a Mao fan" is great! I've been reading it for the past two days and I love your analyses. It's very detailed and I love the pictures. It's a definite must-read, imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:54 am

thanks all you for the translations.

I have to say after read Jen Kirk about ED in FS, I am glad Mao is so healthy, (height 1.63m and 50kg is just perfect Thumbs up! ), before she looked so fragil, now she looks more muscular, Thank you! weider!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Hey guys, I found this new article by PJ Kwong (whom was cited by Batsuchan before ). http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/blogs/pjkwong/2010/02/no-need-for-big-name-stars-at-four-continents.html

In this article, she again praised Mao's "Bells" performance.

"Overcoming a third place finish in the short program, she adopted a "take no prisoners" attitude in the free. For the first time, she skated her Bells of Moscow program in a way that was both compelling and thrilling to watch." ~PJ Kwong.

Hopefully, the judges at the Olympics will also see it that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:29 pm

Thank you, aoi88! Good to know some commentators enjoy that program. I also hope the judges will see it that way and the PCS would reflect it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:07 pm

maowataiyo wrote:
Batsuchan, I actually need to thank you for all you hard work and especially for your blog, FUYU NO OHIMESAMA- I love it! Your "evolution as a Mao fan" is great! I've been reading it for the past two days and I love your analyses. It's very detailed and I love the pictures. It's a definite must-read, imo.

Thank you very much, maowataiyo! It means so much to me to know that you guys are enjoying it--I don't think I'd be able to motivate myself to work on it otherwise! Sweatdrop (Speaking of which, I just added a new post... Very Happy )

aoi88 - you beat me to it! flower I think PJ Kwong's second comment hit the nail on the head: "There was a depth to her expression that indicated an almost overnight arrival into maturity."

That's what I keep saying, Mao grew as a person, she matured, and THAT's why she can do "Bells" now! Yep!
Back to top Go down
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:16 am

Thank you for the translations, chineseteacup, maowataiyo and Batsuchan! Swoon flower Thanks for putting in the effort.

A brief note to chineseteacup: Chinese is my mother language, so for once I can comment of the quality of the translation. You translation is awesome!! No translationese whatsoever. It reads like it was written in English in the first place.

And the link to PJ's article! Thank you, aoi88 Razz

To hear such praise from PJ Kwong is uplifting, because at 2009 worlds, she wasn't as appreciative of Mao's performance, particularly Mao's SP.

Thanks for the second comment, Batsuchan! I didn't notice it when I was reading the article yesterday.

Mao's FS initially received a lot of feedback that were about how the program is all theatrical and drama, how is it one-dimentional and lacks cohesion with intricate choreography. I'm just really encouraged as a fan to see how as Mao takes the music and owns it, unafraid to show her darker side to the world, people were able to acknowledge the emotional side of the program and appreciate Mao's interpretation of the music.

BTW, Batsuchan, your blog is ammmmmmmmazing. Swoon

ETA: I forgot to add this: this reporter asks good questions. I've been hoping somebody would ask Mao about her views on artistic expression for a long time, especially with all the criticisms this year. Great to see the media not only focusing on the 3As...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:46 am

@ snowdrops24 - thank you very much for your kind words! Even though I can understand Chinese well enough, it is much easier for me to communicate in English Razz. I had to look up the vocabulary for some bits in the video, especially when the language became very advanced. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:46 am

The official site updated
http://www.maomaiasada.com/

4cc
http://www.maomaiasada.com/photos/mao/0910/4cc10.html

Japanese nationals
http://www.maomaiasada.com/photos/mao/0910/jn09.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:58 am

Thanks for the links! The photos are so good!
Where can i see the Lady Marmelade performance?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:16 am

Thanks for the link, kirakira! Her posture is beautiful from all angles Wub

Like a Star @ heaven Lady Marmalade Like a Star @ heaven
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPhAGGpYO2U&feature=fvsr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:17 am

Recently, I heard a lot of people criticizing Mao because of her lack of 3-3 and that she always get them downgraded. Some even say she can't do a 3-3 anymore so she does the 3A. I don't believe this is true. Do you guys think Mao will bring back the 3-3 soon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoNinja
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:34 am

magazines with Mao on their covers

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51crvUGb5jL._SS500_.jpg
http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NelSfUYrL._SS500_.jpg
http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/I/61BMN0jt4CL._SS500_.jpg
http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/I/51jEfp94%2BOL._SS500_.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Wow Thanks for sharing MaoNinja!

That dress is so pretty- especially up close, when you can really see the beautiful lace details and jewels! Especially around the skirt- so nice! I'm not sure how I feel about the front though...it could be simpler, especially the flowers on the chest, it could just be embroidered with lace instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfaHNwCGzI&feature=sub
cm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks for the pics, MaoNinja! Very Happy
I totally agree with sapphiresky, though; the flowers are too much! Just like the ruffles on the LP dress--they need to go! Yep!

I guess I have to make another trip to the bookstore next week; I looked for the Sports Graphic Number yesterday, but they didn't have the latest issue yet...

☆Genie wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfaHNwCGzI&feature=sub
cm
Thanks so much for this, ☆Genie! I was dying of laughter!
I *heart* Shuuzou-san; I feel like he really cares about Mao-chan, in a very Papa-like (and totally non-sketchy way). Many Hearts

But, why is she wearing the 'Clair de Lune' costume?? Suspect Didn't want to get the other ones dirty?? My first thought when I saw this, I have to admit, was, OMG, is she going to do 'Clair de Lune' at the Olympics??? I'm probably overreacting though... Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:35 am

aoi88 wrote:
Recently, I heard a lot of people criticizing Mao because of her lack of 3-3 and that she always get them downgraded. Some even say she can't do a 3-3 anymore so she does the 3A. I don't believe this is true. Do you guys think Mao will bring back the 3-3 soon?

I really want to tell of of those people : why aren't they also criticizing other skaters who do 3-2 then ? their target is only Mao and I can imagine where most of these people are from. Frustrated
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:29 am

Batsuchan wrote:
I *heart* Shuuzou-san; I feel like he really cares about Mao-chan, in a very Papa-like (and totally non-sketchy way). Many Hearts

But, why is she wearing the 'Clair de Lune' costume?? Suspect Didn't want to get the other ones dirty?? My first thought when I saw this, I have to admit, was, OMG, is she going to do 'Clair de Lune' at the Olympics??? I'm probably overreacting though... Hell, no!

What a nice CM.. Laughing Thanks, ☆Genie!
Shuuzou Matsuoka is so funny! He appears on variety shows recently as a typical example of a passionate man Hell, no!

Yeah, Mao is wearing 'Clair de Lune' costume. I guess she took it before this season's costumes was completed. I read some articles and that said Mao finished CMs during this summer. Arrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clasic888

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:27 am

yah i saw this magazine yesterday when i went to conveneince store mao absolutely beautiful in that dress and also her lp dress
gorgeous....hehehehhee....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:03 pm

aoi88 wrote:

It's hard to ignore those people all the time. I think it's unfair to criticize any skater for not being able to do something, not that Mao can't do a 3-3. Every skater trains so hard and a competition is really only a glimpse of all that effort.

I think that because Mao does the 3A so much that people no longer appreciate the difficulty of it. Everyone makes it sound like the 3A is the "easy way out", well it's not- look at how much she practices for that jump. No one is in awe of it anymore (except us fans) so they criticize her (I remember in the beginning when everyone-especially commentators talked so much about them). But we shouldn't let those people get us down, afterall that's their goal, is to put down their non-favorites and get into our heads- but we shouldn't let them Wink

I respect Mao's decision, and we can see that she still does 3-3's in practice even though not in competition. I would love to see them too, and I think that one day, she'll want to bring them back- maybe that's her goal for the next season Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

Thanks so much for this, ☆Genie! I was dying of laughter!
Is that Matsuoka Shuuzou? Surprised

EDIT: Oh wait...they just said his name xD It is ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:47 pm

See if you guys recognize the beginning of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVDvrzCWuzM!

Hell, no!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!   Today at 5:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Mao news - 2009-10 Olympic season!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 31 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next