HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Trophée Eric Bompard 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:33 am

thanks for sharing, kirakira! I esp. love the last pic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 660
Join date : 2009-03-07
Age : 27
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:36 am

Hi Liffey. I'm sorry if I've offended you or anyone else on this forum with the "public enemy No. 1" remark. It definitely wasn't my intention and I would never consider anyone on this forum, or any Mao fan for that matter, as my enemy. Very Happy I didn't say it because they said they didn't like Mao's program. I said it because I didn't like the way they said it. And I most certainly didn't say that I consider anyone who wasn't "crazy" about Mao's programs as my enemy. With all due respect, please don't think that was what I was saying.

Perhaps I should have been clearer when I made the post and for that reason, I ask people's forgiveness. The reason why I made the remark was because I was very upset at the way the CBC commentators seemed to be writing Mao off completely in their commentary on Yu-Na's LP. They didn't say as much but from the way they were calling Yu-Na a "winner", it was as if they were saying that Yu-Na was unbeatable. Well, judging by the way Yu-Na's scores at TEB, I guess they turned out to be right, but their blatant favoritism for Yu-Na really set my teeth on edge.

And just because they were criticising Mao's programs rather than her as a skater doesn't make it any less upsetting. Who is Mao as a skater if not the way she skates her programs? By criticizing the program, I feel that they were denying her evolution as a skater.

All I'm saying is that they should keep an open mind and take Mao's programs for what they are, rather than close their hearts to her performance because they don't like the music choice, or the costumes. I don't mind constructive criticism, but I draw the line at commentators saying that 'The Bells' sounds like an elephant on the truck.

But everyone has a right to an opinion so I will be more careful with my remarks from now on.


Last edited by chineseteacup on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel
avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:50 am

I attended TEB. Here are my live impressions.

Re Yu-Na Kim: She was just outstanding and clearly a level above everyone else. Her speed, flow and ice coverage were unparallelled among the other ladies. Above everything else she exuded an air of confidence and self-assuredness. All of her jumps looked secure and she really involved the public in her performances.

Yukari did a decent job. She wasn't as fast as I've seen her before but she did what she came for and delivered. Minus a few iffy landings she had quite enjoyable showings.

Caroline Zhang is very slow but if she had better technique I think she could be a real contender. She is very graceful on the ice.

Elene did quite a good job in the FS and skated well to her music. Should, imho, have finished higher.

Kostner was terribly over-marked. She made mistakes on every other triple yet still managed to come in 4th place in the FS portion of the event.

And as for Mao: she had good performances but not great performances by her standard. She looked somewhat tired and slow on the ice and seemed almost pale in the SP. This wasn't the same Mao I saw live at Worlds 08. I don't know if the programmes are wearing her down or if it's just a case of "early season syndrome". I still think her FS could be magnificent if skated perfectly well and hope to see her do much better at CoR this week. Smile

And I really, really hope Mao changes that awful dress... Even the JO one was prettier. I sometimes wonder if Tarasova is trying to mold Mao into a Russian-type skater. I hope she isn't just projectng herself onto Mao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dimA



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:12 am

hi folks,can anyone tell me where i can find a good quality video of Mao short and freestyle program in Paris?Also her Gala performance there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1298
Join date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:51 am

dimA wrote:
hi folks,can anyone tell me where i can find a good quality video of Mao short and freestyle program in Paris?Also her Gala performance there?

Hi, dimA! Very Happy

I get my videos from Youtube! I search for videos with HQ or HD option and download the using Firefox with Download Helper plugin installed. It's free and easy! flower

Mao's SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaDKSai9nZw

Mao's LP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieQ63pGHSUc

Mao's EX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWqXUmx8Rxg [Russian TV]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H86A5PZJoz0 [Korean TV]

Alternatively you can use www.keepvid.com to download the videos. But DownloadHelper offers better quality. AFAIK keepvid only allows you to download videos in standard flv (low quality 320x240] and HQ18 mp4 (a bit better). With DH, if the video was uploaded in a great quality, you have also an option to download vids in flv HQ35 (better than 18) and mp4 HQ22 (the best).

To play the files you need to have ffdshow installed. If you have it, you can watch videos in MediaPlayer Classic. Very Happy

Hope that helps! flower

_________________
Good luck, Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-07-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:07 am

chineseteacup wrote:
Hi Liffey. I'm sorry if I've offended you or anyone else on this forum with the "public enemy No. 1" remark. It definitely wasn't my intention and I would never consider anyone on this forum, or any Mao fan for that matter, as my enemy. Very Happy I didn't say it because they said they didn't like Mao's program. I said it because I didn't like the way they said it. And I most certainly didn't say that I consider anyone who wasn't "crazy" about Mao's programs as my enemy. With all due respect, please don't think that was what I was saying.

Perhaps I should have been clearer when I made the post and for that reason, I ask people's forgiveness. The reason why I made the remark was because I was very upset at the way the CBC commentators seemed to be writing Mao off completely in their commentary on Yu-Na's LP. They didn't say as much but from the way they were calling Yu-Na a "winner", it was as if they were saying that Yu-Na was unbeatable. Well, judging by the way Yu-Na's scores at TEB, I guess they turned out to be right, but their blatant favoritism for Yu-Na really set my teeth on edge.

And just because they were criticising Mao's programs rather than her as a skater doesn't make it any less upsetting. Who is Mao as a skater if not the way she skates her programs? By criticizing the program, I feel that they were denying her evolution as a skater.

All I'm saying is that they should keep an open mind and take Mao's programs for what they are, rather than close their hearts to her performance because they don't like the music choice, or the costumes. I don't mind constructive criticism, but I draw the line at commentators saying that 'The Bells' sounds like an elephant on the truck.

But everyone has a right to an opinion so I will be more careful with my remarks from now on.

It's ok, Chinese Tea Cup, and you really didn't have to apologize at all! Daisies for you I really wasn't offended and I enjoy reading your posts! Because you elaborated on your original opinion, I completely understand what you meant by your last post, and now I understand your feelings on the commentators. Like a I said before, everyone has a right to their opinion, and you certainly have the right to your's. Love

Quote :
I still think her FS could be magnificent if skated perfectly well and hope to see her do much better at CoR this week.

I've been hearing this a lot, especially from people on FSU who were in the arena and really enjoyed Mao's program. Maybe this just isn't translating well to TV? confused If people like it in the arena, then maybe it is right for Mao. I wish I could see it live... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dimA



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:37 am

inskate wrote:
dimA wrote:
hi folks,can anyone tell me where i can find a good quality video of Mao short and freestyle program in Paris?Also her Gala performance there?

Hi, dimA! Very Happy

I get my videos from Youtube! I search for videos with HQ or HD option and download the using Firefox with Download Helper plugin installed. It's free and easy! flower

Mao's SP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaDKSai9nZw

Mao's LP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieQ63pGHSUc

Mao's EX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWqXUmx8Rxg [Russian TV]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H86A5PZJoz0 [Korean TV]

Alternatively you can use www.keepvid.com to download the videos. But DownloadHelper offers better quality. AFAIK keepvid only allows you to download videos in standard flv (low quality 320x240] and HQ18 mp4 (a bit better). With DH, if the video was uploaded in a great quality, you have also an option to download vids in flv HQ35 (better than 18) and mp4 HQ22 (the best).

To play the files you need to have ffdshow installed. If you have it, you can watch videos in MediaPlayer Classic. Very Happy

Hope that helps! flower

thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 34
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:11 pm

Thank your for your report, Aibhlin!

Aibhlin wrote:
I sometimes wonder if Tarasova is trying to mold Mao into a Russian-type skater. I hope she isn't just projectng herself onto Mao

I was thinking about this yesterday....

Now, I have never doubted Mao and TAT's mutual admiration and affection for each other; I think that they really like a grandmother and granddaughter, and it warms my heart to see them interact.

But I wonder if this is part of the problem. Now this is all speculation, but I could definitely see it being the case that TAT obviously wants the best for Mao, and she has a certain idea of the kind of skater Mao should be--the same way a loving parent might really want her child to be a doctor and a lawyer.

And because Mao loves and trusts TAT, she follows her advice--the same way the devoted daughter goes to medial school or law school but all the while secretly wishes to be a musician. Something like that.

I definitely do think that if Mao thought she should change a program, she would be too shy to tell TAT because she'd think TAT would be hurt, and also because I think Mao doesn't trust her own judgement.

But I will say that when I saw the making of the Asience commercial, that I couldn't help but think, that is how Mao Asada skates NATURALLY. When she's not thinking about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkHQjExIf-w
That is the quality they need to capture in her programs - that sense of effortless and ease. Soft, light, and from the heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Batsuchan wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkHQjExIf-w

I'm sorry everyone, I know this is a little off-subject, but does anyone know the name of the song used in the CM? Sweatdrop

On the subject...
For a while now, I have speculated as well if TAT was trying to turn Mao into a dramatic Russian diva. Not maliciously, or because she doesn't like Mao how she is, but just because that's the kind of skating TAT knows and appreciates.
Let's just face it...Mao is certainly not a diva. Even when she forced to portray one in her programs, she's just not. It's just not in her nature, and that is clear from the hundreds of interviews, clips and videos of Mao just being Mao-rashii (I officially love that phrase Yep! ).

My hope is that if the SP was switched to Caprice, TAT would see how well Mao can skate to light, energetic music and hopefully change her views a bit.

Referring to Batsuchan's post...Mao and TAT, I hope you realize that is okay for Mao to become the musician--even if the process comes slowly and deeply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 660
Join date : 2009-03-07
Age : 27
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:09 am

I think that MaoMaoRevolution and Batsuchan are both correct in saying that TAT has Mao's best interests at heart (of course!) but may be going about it in a way that is not necessarily the easiest for Mao.

I would never presume to criticize TAT on aspects of Mao's training and programs (okay, maybe on the costumes Very Happy), but I sometimes get the feeling that TAT may have looked at Yu-Na's Danse Macabre SP and thought, "Okay, drama and flair seems to work a charm in terms of crowd-pleasing. Maybe Mao will benefit from some of it too?" And maybe Mao thought, "I'm slightly uncertain as to whether I'll be able to pull it off, but Sensei knows best so I'll definitely give it a go." And while all this is happening, certain commentators are thinking up the worst possible scenario and suggesting that TAT is forcing her views on Mao.

I blame it all on the timing. I wish this was still 2008 and Mao and TAT had another year to regroup before the Olympics. I know that people (including myself) have been saying things like "the Olympics isn't everything" but it only happens every four years so people will naturally see it as more prestigious than any other competition. I personally prefer Worlds to Olympics because you get a mish-mash of every single Winter sport at the OG whereas Worlds is focused purely on FS.

Anyway, things are what they are and it's probably too late to come up with entirely new programs for Mao in time for the Olympics, though if anyone could do it, it would be Mao Cheering

I love new!Mao but would like to see some of old!Mao again. Actually, what I would really love to see is new!old!Mao. Fantasie Impromptu with a bit of the Caprice sparkle added to it. Mao's skating in the ASCIENCE ad is beautiful. I think the combination of ethereal Mao in the SP and fun/adventurous Mao in the LP has worked really well in the past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mitsuno

avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:27 am

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:

I'm sorry everyone, I know this is a little off-subject, but does anyone know the name of the song used in the CM? Sweatdrop

The singer's name is Fuyumi Abe, but I couldn't find the name of the song. It seems to be written originally for the CM.
I think her soft voice matches Mao. No matter the highs and lows, she's really grown up to be a beautiful young lady.

http://www.abefuyumi.com/ (Fuyumi Abe's official site in Japanese)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Quebec city!

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:58 am

Here is Mao's free skate warm-up that someone video taped all. it's interesting to see that she didn't go see TAT and Shanetta one time. Also, all her jumped looked rock solid!
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb8dTY4Xr0U&feature=channel
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1XLwq6kzog&feature=channel
and here's her pre-warmup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQH5ueFNYgo&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 815
Join date : 2009-02-21
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:14 pm

mitsuno wrote:

The singer's name is Fuyumi Abe, but I couldn't find the name of the song. It seems to be written originally for the CM.
I think her soft voice matches Mao. No matter the highs and lows, she's really grown up to be a beautiful young lady.

http://www.abefuyumi.com/ (Fuyumi Abe's official site in Japanese)

Thank you for the info! I hope they decide to release the song commercially. Same thing with Daisuke's recent CM--I love the music!
It goes well with Mao's skating...the cascading piano notes and a soft voice Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 30
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:38 pm

polosatik wrote:
I have to say that people who were watching TEB live at the rink said that Mao's program looks very impressive, and even Yuna's fans said that enjoyed it more then Yuna's music.

I SO agree! I was at TEB and I have to admit that I've enjoyed Bells a lot! It's a program which can't go unnoticed, it really stands out from other programs. Mao got a small standing ovation even though she made mistakes. Many people who didn't seem like big figure skating fans stood up too.
When I first saw Bells I was worried but I have to admit that the program grew on me. I still find the music very heavy and difficult to listen to but the whole program really makes a huge impression. In my opinion when Mao masters it it may be a small masterpiece. I certainly hope so!

Anyway, I took some photos during TEB. I only had my small camera with me, so they are not great but I've uploaded some. Enjoy Smile

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

And here is TAT during OD. I think she was comparing scores..she seemed so confused and angry!
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Wow! Thanks for the little report kaarolcia! cheers sunny Pictures look great! Yeah, Tat was very angry Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1810
Join date : 2009-05-07
Location : la-la-land

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:24 pm

kaarolcia, thanks for sharing all the pics you've taken, as well, as your report. sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 34
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 am

Thanks so much for the pics and the report, kaarolcia!

bibi wrote:
Here is Mao's free skate warm-up that someone video taped all. it's interesting to see that she didn't go see TAT and Shanetta one time. Also, all her jumped looked rock solid!
Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb8dTY4Xr0U&feature=channel
Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1XLwq6kzog&feature=channel
and here's her pre-warmup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQH5ueFNYgo&feature=channel

Thanks for these links, bibi. It does seem that her jumps looked good, but to me, she seemed so slow. Everything looked so labored. Where was the effortless ease Mao usually displays?

I'm not surprised she didn't see TAT/Shanetta once - everything seemed to be going okay...she typically only talks to them if something's not working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
zakkan

avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:45 pm

I heared Mao will change her SP to Caprice by Paganini. I like it!
I want to see Mao performing with her smile!

here is Mao's photo @ TEB
http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=rec&w=all&q=mao+asada&m=text
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2009-03-30
Location : Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Thank you for sharing the photos, zakkan.
I love this one Love Hearts Love Hearts Beautiful smile & position.


According the news, 3A is not stable yet... No
The only hope I'm praying is that she won't get a injury from physical overwork. I think she doesn't have to try so hard...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 963
Join date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:05 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 660
Join date : 2009-03-07
Age : 27
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:20 pm

The TEB Ladies' ceremony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYSf3pHzRp4

Is it just me, or does a man shout "Yu-Na Kim!" at 2:07 right as Mao climbs onto the podium?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel
avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2009-03-30
Location : Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:22 am

chineseteacup wrote:
The TEB Ladies' ceremony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYSf3pHzRp4

Is it just me, or does a man shout "Yu-Na Kim!" at 2:07 right as Mao climbs onto the podium?

It sounds to me like "Yuna is great!". What a terrible timing. Disappointed
But it was sweet of Mao not to care, just smiling. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 30
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:20 am

yuki wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
The TEB Ladies' ceremony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYSf3pHzRp4

Is it just me, or does a man shout "Yu-Na Kim!" at 2:07 right as Mao climbs onto the podium?

It sounds to me like "Yuna is great!". What a terrible timing. Disappointed
But it was sweet of Mao not to care, just smiling. Razz

Wow. That shout was so uncalled for! Talk about being well-behaved.. Hopefully Mao hasn't heard or hasn't noticed. I was standing near the podium during the medal ceremonies and I haven't heard this comment. Maybe the guy stood next to microphones or something.

And really...some Yuna fans at TEB were strange. During the LP one lady, obviously a Yuna fan, noticed I am cheering for Mao so she switched her place! She didn't want to sit next to me because I was a Mao fan Rolling Eyes Of course I didn't care and I started cheering for Mao even lauder Laugh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 660
Join date : 2009-03-07
Age : 27
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:43 am

kaarolcia wrote:
yuki wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
The TEB Ladies' ceremony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYSf3pHzRp4

Is it just me, or does a man shout "Yu-Na Kim!" at 2:07 right as Mao climbs onto the podium?

It sounds to me like "Yuna is great!". What a terrible timing. Disappointed
But it was sweet of Mao not to care, just smiling. Razz

Wow. That shout was so uncalled for! Talk about being well-behaved.. Hopefully Mao hasn't heard or hasn't noticed. I was standing near the podium during the medal ceremonies and I haven't heard this comment. Maybe the guy stood next to microphones or something.

And really...some Yuna fans at TEB were strange. During the LP one lady, obviously a Yuna fan, noticed I am cheering for Mao so she switched her place! She didn't want to sit next to me because I was a Mao fan Rolling Eyes Of course I didn't care and I started cheering for Mao even lauder Laugh

At first I wanted to give the guy who shouted "Yu-Na..." the benefit of the doubt and put it down to mere bad-timing, but I noticed afterwards that there is some laughter and jeering following the shouting. And Mao looks slightly flustered, but continues to smile nonetheless (brave Mao! Many Hearts ) So I have no choice but to think that whoever shouted out Yu-Na's name while it was Mao's turn to shine on the podium (despite her second place finishing) did it out of pure spite. And I'm going to keep thinking this unless someone comes up with an alternative explanation.

It really confounds and saddens me that some "fans" could take the Mao/Yu-Na rivalry so seriously as to attack Mao personally. All those trolls on youtube marking the comments of Mao supporters as "spam" and giving Mao's videos bad ratings should be ashamed of themselves. Are they completely blind to the fact that Mao is a real human being who may be hurt by all this negativity? This isn't some video game, or reality TV show. This is a person's life's work hanging in the balance.

Truly, I feel saddened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip


Posts : 342
Join date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:41 am

chineseteacup wrote:
kaarolcia wrote:
yuki wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
The TEB Ladies' ceremony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYSf3pHzRp4

Is it just me, or does a man shout "Yu-Na Kim!" at 2:07 right as Mao climbs onto the podium?

It sounds to me like "Yuna is great!". What a terrible timing. Disappointed
But it was sweet of Mao not to care, just smiling. Razz

Wow. That shout was so uncalled for! Talk about being well-behaved.. Hopefully Mao hasn't heard or hasn't noticed. I was standing near the podium during the medal ceremonies and I haven't heard this comment. Maybe the guy stood next to microphones or something.

And really...some Yuna fans at TEB were strange. During the LP one lady, obviously a Yuna fan, noticed I am cheering for Mao so she switched her place! She didn't want to sit next to me because I was a Mao fan Rolling Eyes Of course I didn't care and I started cheering for Mao even lauder Laugh

At first I wanted to give the guy who shouted "Yu-Na..." the benefit of the doubt and put it down to mere bad-timing, but I noticed afterwards that there is some laughter and jeering following the shouting. And Mao looks slightly flustered, but continues to smile nonetheless (brave Mao! Many Hearts ) So I have no choice but to think that whoever shouted out Yu-Na's name while it was Mao's turn to shine on the podium (despite her second place finishing) did it out of pure spite. And I'm going to keep thinking this unless someone comes up with an alternative explanation.

It really confounds and saddens me that some "fans" could take the Mao/Yu-Na rivalry so seriously as to attack Mao personally. All those trolls on youtube marking the comments of Mao supporters as "spam" and giving Mao's videos bad ratings should be ashamed of themselves. Are they completely blind to the fact that Mao is a real human being who may be hurt by all this negativity? This isn't some video game, or reality TV show. This is a person's life's work hanging in the balance.

Truly, I feel saddened.


i agree. the worst is they are kicking her when she is down. really speaks to someone's character when they do that. right now yuna is on top and they should celebrate that but they dont need to bash mao and shove it in her face. goes to show how insecure people are.. soooo not the spirit of the sport and the upcoming olympics. people need to rise above the fray.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   

Back to top Go down
 
Trophée Eric Bompard 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Trophée Eric Bompard 2009
» TEB 2011 :17/20 November/TEB :du 17/20 Novembre
» Trophée Eric Bompard
» trophée Eric Bompard
» Tickets?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Competitions & Shows Discussion-
Jump to: