HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Trophée Eric Bompard 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:36 am

polosatik wrote:
bibi wrote:
I don't think they were underrotated...especially the one at 3:25 it's really clean I think!
Hmmm.. I see the same. Let's wait until the next practice, do they have another practice till short program?
Yeah, I also love Yuna's smile, it's completely a highlight of the program! She looks very relaxed)
Yes they have another practice. This practice was the one where they chose if they want to practice the SP or the LP. Tomorrow, before the SP competition (maybe the morning), they'll have the SP practice where they'll practice their SP. And then, the day after tomorrow, they'll have the LP practice in the morning before LP competiton Smile At least, it's what I think. It was like that at Skate Canada in 2007 and 2008 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:38 am

Thanks for the info bibi! Very Happy I'm sure Mao will do good job tomorrow)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:40 am

polosatik wrote:
Thanks for the info bibi! I'm sure Mao will do good job tomorrow)
Yes, I'm sure too! She just arrived, so she may be tired and hit by the jet lag.
Back to top Go down
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:35 am

I like this much more than her FS last year and I think one of the 3A's was really clean!
But where is the phenomenal condition from the summer ?! pale

Yunas jumps are pretty good but I don't like the program. I think the FS last year was much better. It's all too dramatic and hasty - my opinion.
But we'll see - maybe it's all different tomorrow! Commentator Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cera
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:14 am

my first reaction to Mao's SP was.."it's the same?!" n I felt a little disappointed. But then I watched it again and I could definitely feel much more energy compared to last season's LP and she's skating the whole program with more attack. I much prefer the way this step sequence is skated, tho...

Well, we'll see what the judges think of this, but I don't think their initial reaction will be one of delight. Maybe she will have to win them over with the new energy n flair she displays here.

I should think she feels comfortable with this program, having skated it last season as a LP, and being able to skate a 'comfortable' program as her SP (which she usually does not skate perfectly, probably due to nerves), may possibly increase the success rate of her jumps, etc, and consequently of the SP as a whole. Keeping my fingers crossed for that...

As for her LP, I love it! And I think the judges will too. This is the kind of performing that catches their attention, I suppose.

Yu Na's jumps have always been good...she's a jump machine! I almost never see her underrotate anything, her air position is so tight, rotates so fast, etc...

Oh, Josling, 'dramatic' has always been a hallmark of Yu Na's skating. And the judges like that, as reflected in the pcs.

so Yu Na wins the practice...

The real battle begins tomorrow...and doesn't end when TEB does, might I add...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:02 pm

Quote :
Oh, Josling, 'dramatic' has always been a hallmark of Yu Na's skating. And the judges like that, as reflected in the pcs.

Yes, I know. But last season I liked the dramatic thing in the Yunas programs and now it's too much ! But I think we must see the program in competition - with costume and all the choreography. Yep!
For me Mao will always be the best, no matter what Yuna does ! queen Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
San_Fran

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:26 pm

[quote="josling"]
Quote :
I love fans like josling. Makes me wish I was a performer (and josling was my fan).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:35 pm

Starting orders have been posted!

Cheering

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpfra09/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Okami
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:38 pm

I just don't know what to think about the "new" SP... I expected something completely new choreohraphed to the flute & orchestra version...
I actually like it much better than last season's LP, but I wish it was choreographed as such from the start. Sad IMHO Mao needs a light SP with some music variations to complement her "Bells" LP.

...Is anyone thinking that maybe using Masquerade here is just a sneaky trick to lull the rivals' choaches into false sense of security..? Lips sealed And that in reality Mao has a different SP prepared..? Like Caprice. Worship

And here's an article with Nobu:
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/091015/spm0910152048003-n1.htm
Again, cuuute photos. Laugh Nobu says that his SP is about 60% ready, his LP about 70%. He's feeling good and plans to not go crazy with jumps. Instead he wants to concentrate on steps and spins. Thumbs up! It seems that his team is taking things slowly this season and is careful not to let Nobu peak to early... Smart! Thumbs up!

Last edited by Okami on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Gosh I was just on less than 24 hours ago, and there was one page of comments. Now there's 6! I was like "what Yikes!!! ?!" Then I saw that you were all talking about the practice, which I didn't even know about Bawling Thanks for posting the yt clip Okami!

Well Mao looked very nervous in the beginning of the program. I must say that I am too dissapointed that her program is pretty much the same as last year Sad. Although I do think Masquerade makes a much better SP, because of its repetitiveness.

I know it isn't going to do any good for me to say this, but I can't help but wish it, and rant on it a bit: If Mao were going to use a program from last year, why couldn't it have been Clair de Lune?! She seemed more comfortable, and consistant with it than Masquerade, and it was recieved mucg better by everyone. Ok. Got that off my chest!

I hate to say it, but Yuna did look better than Mao in this practice Sad Although Yuna looked kind of tierd to me - which could very well just be jet lag. I must say, she has improved a lot both technically, and artistically. Although she's a great skater, I never really got much enjoyment out of her skating. Maybe I will this year. It was kind of hard to recognize Mao's improvement (which we have all seen in the summer practice videos), except for her speed. I guess this might have to do with a combination of things: 1. she looked pretty nervous. 2. she may very well have been jetlagged. 3. The program was pretty much the same as last seasons'.

Okami wrote:

...Is anyone thinking that maybe using Masquerade here is just a sneaky trick to lull the rivals' choaches into false sense of security..? Lips sealed And that in reality Mao has a different SP prepared..? Like Caprice. Worship
:

I never thought of that. That would be great if that were the case! But it's pretty doubtful... No
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Mao should really think of going to Caprice. It's honestly something that WORKS for her and something that I envision her doing at the Olympics. WHO CARES ABOUT BIG, DYMANIC FEELING! She doesn't even look she is enjoying the performance -_-. Tat please let Mao switch around.
Her long can be Clair de lune. I love the sound of it and it fits perfect with Mao.
Good luck @ TEB mao Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks for the pictures, the videos, and the news everyone!

As it goes, I will be at school while TEB is going on Disappointed I also haven't had a chance to watch all the practice clips until now.

I guess I will give my two cents about Mao's new SP now...

Initially, when the music started, I thought "No..it's the same. exact. version." The first few seconds of choreography was the same, and when she almost fell on the 3A I nearly Faint2. After it was over, I had to step back and just think about it for a bit.
For one, Masquerade is far better as a short program. The step sequence reaps HUGE benefits from the shortened program as Mao has enough energy and is still in-sync with the music by the time it comes around.
Her spins seemed slightly slow, but were beautiful and had great extension, as always. The spiral looked better, too! It seems like she's holding her inside edge Kerrigan position for a little longer getting more ice coverage.
Not to mention, her jumps seem higher and lighter than at JO~~

All in all, I am very excited--and I have decided to just put my trust in Mao and Coach this season to pull her to her full potential and deliver something great.

I can't wait to see the "complete" program...costume, music, spectators and all.
GOOOOOOO MAO!!

Cheering Cheering Cheering

Side Note on Yu-Na's LP: Yu-Na looked great overall. Her general lack of extension on, well, everything except her arm movements, still bothers me. The melodrama of the program also turned me off of it quite a bit...it seems overchoreographed and I'm not getting any personal feeling from it whatsoever even though Wilson did a good job of creating it for her.
As I mentioned for Mao...I will just have to see this program in it's "full" form.

Last edited by MaoMaoRevolution on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Quote :
As it goes, I will be at school while TEB is going on
I'm so lucky because this week was off for us here, so I get to see Mao skate live, but next week for Russia, i'll surely be at school haha Razz
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:01 pm

bibi wrote:
Quote :
I'm so lucky because this week was off for us here, so I get to see Mao skate live, but next week for Russia, i'll surely be at school haha Razz

I'll be at work... but being the boss, I've got the "hidden" computer screen; meaning no one can see what's on my screen unless they stand behind me and I've got OP view on all of the office so I can see if anyone's coming hehe. Yay for the CBC feed!! I have a feeling I won't get anything done in the afternoon Fried
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:18 pm

chiyori wrote:
bibi wrote:
Quote :
I'm so lucky because this week was off for us here, so I get to see Mao skate live, but next week for Russia, i'll surely be at school haha

I'll be at work... but being the boss, I've got the "hidden" computer screen; meaning no one can see what's on my screen unless they stand behind me and I've got OP view on all of the office so I can see if anyone's coming hehe. Yay for the CBC feed!! I have a feeling I won't get anything done in the afternoon
You'll watch it on CBC? I'll be watching on Skatebuzz.com Smile
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:19 pm

josling wrote:
Quote :

Yes, I know. But last season I liked the dramatic thing in the Yunas programs and now it's too much ! But I think we must see the program in competition - with costume and all the choreography. Yep!

Kim's costumes are already shown on the net. Black for SP (not very JB) and blue Saphire for her LP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:24 pm

chiyori wrote:
I'll be at work... but being the boss, I've got the "hidden" computer screen; meaning no one can see what's on my screen unless they stand behind me and I've got OP view on all of the office so I can see if anyone's coming hehe. Yay for the CBC feed!! I have a feeling I won't get anything done in the afternoon Fried
Skating makes us attentive and alert...on everything besides work. Razz
There are so many options available this season on watching the events that I'm still deciding on which to pick. Something tells me the CBC feed will be more stable than IN. silent

View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:45 pm

clovera wrote:
chiyori wrote:
I'll be at work... but being the boss, I've got the "hidden" computer screen; meaning no one can see what's on my screen unless they stand behind me and I've got OP view on all of the office so I can see if anyone's coming hehe. Yay for the CBC feed!! I have a feeling I won't get anything done in the afternoon
Skating makes us attentive and alert...on everything besides work.
There are so many options available this season on watching the events that I'm still deciding on which to pick. Something tells me the CBC feed will be more stable than IN.
but I don't think CBC shows live coverage from tomorrow competitions?http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:20 pm

bibi wrote:
clovera wrote:
chiyori wrote:
There are so many options available this season on watching the events that I'm still deciding on which to pick. Something tells me the CBC feed will be more stable than IN.
but I don't think CBC shows live coverage from tomorrow competitions?http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/

Mmmm you're right. I think SakteBuzz is though... I read that somewhere I think... study

Ah! Here it is:
http://skatebuzz.neulion.com/skatebuzz/console.jsp

It says Live Events and coverage starts around 7-ish on both Friday and Saturday, which corresponds to the time competition starts at TEB. The way they put it, I'm assuming they're covering everything... I wonder if there'll be commentary.

They even seem to be broadcasting the gala live since they're scheduled for Sunday as well cheers

I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:23 pm

chiyori wrote:
bibi wrote:
clovera wrote:
chiyori wrote:

Mmmm you're right. I think SakteBuzz is though... I read that somewhere I think...

Ah! Here it is:
http://skatebuzz.neulion.com/skatebuzz/console.jsp

It says Live Events and coverage starts around 7-ish on both Friday and Saturday, which corresponds to the time competition starts at TEB. The way they put it, I'm assuming they're covering everything... I wonder if there'll be commentary.

They even seem to be broadcasting the gala live since they're scheduled for Sunday as well

I can't wait!

Yes! If Skatebuzz works as it says it will, it will be amazinnnngg! Can't wait me neither Smile !!
Back to top Go down
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:27 pm

chiyori wrote:
bibi wrote:

You guys are so lucky!! I mean it!! Mad
Haha, I am not going to be able to concentrate AT ALL. I swear I will sneak onto the computer sometime during the day Razz

...at least I will be able to see the LP (I hope!)!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:33 pm

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
chiyori wrote:
bibi wrote:

I'm so lucky because this week was off for us here, so I get to see Mao skate live, but next week for Russia, i'll surely be at school haha

You guys are so lucky!! I mean it!!
Haha, I am not going to be able to concentrate AT ALL. I swear I will sneak onto the computer sometime during the day

...at least I will be able to see the LP (I hope!)!
You shouldn't! You should wait until you get home and then without looking at the results, you go on youtube and see if there are vids and do as if it was live Razz that's what I always do when I can't watch a competition Smile
Back to top Go down
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Does someone has the link to the Turkish site thath has live coverage ?
I can't watch stakebuzz from where I am...[/u]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trophée Eric Bompard 2009   

Back to top Go down

Trophée Eric Bompard 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next