HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:35 pm

@Liffey - Heehee, I have a temper too! Very Mad Embarassed Posting on this forum has actually taught me to calm my thoughts and control my emotions. I used to go around biting people's heads off when I hear something I don't like, but I like to think that I've stopped being such an "in your face" type of person. Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:51 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
@Liffey - Heehee, I have a temper too! Very Mad Embarassed Posting on this forum has actually taught me to calm my thoughts and control my emotions. I used to go around biting people's heads off when I hear something I don't like, but I like to think that I've stopped being such an "in your face" type of person. Razz Razz Razz

Me too! lol! I'm actually very mellow IRL and I'm generally considered very rational by everyone I know and as someone who controls her emotions well, but when it's online and figure skating is concerned, I go a bit overboard sometimes. Whirly Even my mom says that the only thing that ruffles my feathers, so to speak, is skating! ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:58 pm

I read the translation of the russian article. It seems rather sketchy like would any coach/part time talk about things like that to the public? Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:41 pm

CBC's commentary (Tracy and Kurt) of Mao's FS performance flower:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Figure_Skating/ID=1306772363
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:15 pm

snowdrops24, thank you for the link. everyone seems to be saying the same thing. not playing to mao's strengths. tarasova is too heavy handed. poor mao doesnt know who she is anymore. she doesnt recognize herself in the programs and it shows.

tarasova must be thinking something is not working. i hope she can be introspective and take a good hard look in the mirror and ask herself who she is doing this for. mao deserves way better than a part time coach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:33 pm

snowdrops24 wrote:
CBC's commentary (Tracy and Kurt) of Mao's FS performance flower:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Figure_Skating/ID=1306772363

Ugh! It keeps not downloading. Mad Has anyone found this on YT? I want to know what they have to say. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:42 pm

liffey

tracy says that mao is a light, delicate skater with a huge 3A but that seems to be taking over her skating and not having success with it take the focus off of the other fine qualities that she has. there is alot of concern about the strategy, the coaching staff and choice of material.

kurt adds that it seems that mao handed over her skating to tarasova. he believes that when the skater steps on center ice, tey need to be the owner of their own destiny... and it seems the decisions they are making for her dont mesh.

tracy then says the best choreographers pull the best out of the skater instead of putting their personality onto the skater.. and it looks like that is what is happening and it is not working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:50 pm

For those who can't get the CBC video to download, here's a transcript of what Tracy and Kurt had to say on Mao -

Presenter: Well, we're not going to talk about the women's competition at least right way, who won the event, but who finished actually in fifth position, and that was Mao Asada of Japan. Another disastrous performance after last week at the Grand Prix in France where she again finished off the podium.

Tracy: Well two years ago she was World Champion, last year she won the Grand Prix Final. This is a light, delicate skater with a huge triple axel, but unfortunately that jump has just taken over her skating and she's not having success with it and because of that, it's taken the focus off all of the other fine qualities that she's had in her skating. And Kurt, a lot of concern about the strategy, her coaching staff and her choice of material.

Kurt: Well, when she joined up with Tarasova, it just seemed like she handed her skating over to her completely and I always believe that a skater needs to step it center-ice and be the ownership of the, of her own destiny and it just seems like the decisions they're making for her don't mesh. And, ah, and that's what's happening, to me.

Tracy: Well, here's a skater and, and we've talked -

Kurt: We love her!

Tracy: - about her wonderful personality and I think the key for a great choreographer and a succesful choreographer is to pull the best out of a skater, not put your own personality onto the skater, and that looks exactly looks like what it's happened in this case and it's not working.

~End transcript~

It actually surprised me to hear some of my own thoughts coming out of the mouths of those whom I saw as anti-Mao only a week ago. At TEB, I thought Kurt was just being picky as usual and Tracy had some sort of Brian Orser-bias going on. After watching Mao at COR, I must say that there is truth in what the CBC commentators are saying.

I maintain that the 3A is a major factor in Mao's recent difficulty with her skating. I've said enough on it in previous posts so I won't elaborate on it here.

I don't know what's going on with Tatiana so I won't form any judgments on their coaching relationship. However, I have to wonder how it will affect Mao's skating if she had a full-time coach who supervises every aspect of her training, but only offers advice on her costumes and music and choreography, rather than plan everything and just hand it over to Mao in a neat, little package.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Awww, poor Mao. I checked the news through google on my cellphone today, and I found a news article on the Cup of Russia about the results. I had to read the paragraph about the ladies competition twice b/c I thought I missed the sentence about Mao, but she wasn't even mentioned. I then thought, she's off the podium?!?

I hope she gets some rest now, maybe go out of Japan, go travel for a week before getting back to training- seems like she needs to get away from everything.

It seems like what you predicted much earlier on about missing the GPF, Batsuchan has come true. Things happen for a reason, and I think Mao should make the best of it, and take advantage of her break. The only thing I'm worried about though, is that she won't get many competitive experiences before the Olympics- only the Nationals right? If she happens to choose new programs, it would be best for her to skate them in a couple of competitions first...Then again, she could always go back to old ones if she so chooses, which may be better in this situation than getting new ones.
It's going to be hard for her to move on, but she really needs to. I hope she doesn't dwell on these 2 competitions and puts them at the back of her mind!
And Chineseteacup I totally agree with you about respecting everyone's opinions! We don't have to all agree, but I know that we are all here to support Mao.
@ Summervie, it may seem like people are giving a lot of advice. It's like parents- they give us a lot of advice (sometimes when we are down about something and may annoy us) because they want the best for us, but they're always supportive- and we are too. It's because fans care that they want to share, but deep down everyone feels her pain and supports her.
Go Mao! We all love you and support you to the end!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:27 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
Entire Post

Wow, thank you for the transcript, chineseteacup!! flower

I agree with everything they had to say. I know that Kurt loves Mao because he's gushed about her so many times before and has said many times how much he appreciates her artistry and athletic ability. I think last week his drastic comments about her LP came out of immense frustration of seeing a skater he loves imploding in front of him with the wrong packaging, the wrong music, tentative jumps, and not skating like the joyful and gorgeous Mao we know. They're just as concerned about her as we are, and I hope someone in Mao's camp is listening.

I also hope Scott Hamiliton and Andre Joyce can offer some equally constructive criticism tomorrow, unlike last week. Rolling Eyes

(A note to Scott H.: let's not have a continuation of last week where you blabbed about Yuna during everyone else's skate. Neutral Please don't mention Yuna and continue to say that her success is Mao's problem- she has nothing to do with Mao's issues right now and she's not even competing here. Thanks. Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:25 pm

Hello hello everyone! My, my, this forum has taken a turn for the melancholic, but never fear, Batsuchan is here to bring some cheer!

First of all, yay Miki!! Congrats on winning!

sapphiresky wrote:

It seems like what you predicted much earlier on about missing the GPF, Batsuchan has come true.

Yes, it seems so! Even I'm a bit shocked that I was right...
(In case you missed it the first time, see my post here:
http://www.maoasadaforum.com/the-voting-booth-f4/who-is-gong-to-gpf-ladies-t435.htm)

But since I did see this as a possibility wayy back in July, I'm really not shocked. And since I read the result before I watched the performances, I was not even depressed.

No no, because sitting in the kiss-n-cry, I did not see sad, defeated, on-the-verge-of-tears Mao; I saw MAD MAO! And like I said in my earlier post, that is exactly what I think Mao needs to be. She needs to go, "ok, that was ridiculous. I'm way better than that, and this is not working. It's time for a change!" She needs to be like, "Get off my back, JSF!" and "Leave me alone, media!"--something she would never do as sweet, friendly Mao.

So I think the appearance of Mad Mao is a good sign.

Now Mao needs to go home, shut herself off from everyone but her family, and do some real soul-searching ALONE.

She needs to ask herself the hard questions--why am I doing this? Do I like my programs? Is the way I'm being coached working?

And then she's just got to go out there and do it. "Screw the media, screw the commentators, just shut up and watch THIS!"

Yes, because I think that is another thing that Mao has lost - not only the joy of skating, but the feeling that she had something to SHOW to the world. When she went out there as an audacious 15-year old, she wasn't just having a great time, she was also saying, "Oh yeah? You haven't seen anything until you've seen what *I* can do!"

That's right, Mao Asada, you show them! You're the best skater ever, you always have been, and you don't need any heavy, dramatic music and "O" faces to prove it. Embrace your light, lyrical, gracefulness, which no one can match, and glide to that gold medal!!

Because clearly, if I was right about missing the GPF, I *MUST* be right about that gold medal!

But no matter what happens, Mao Asada, I love you, and I still think you are the best skater I have ever seen!

Other stuff:

I have no comment on the article on TAT, but I thought it was interesting that Mao didn't even seem to be listening to her, and more importantly, I thought it was interesting that she nor Shanetta seemed upset. Totally different from TEB last year! I wonder if they figure it's the end of the road for their relationship?

summervie - you might be right that Mao is too good. But I have faith that she can conquer her goodness!

Asya
- I saw you in the video!! I totally thought it was you!! You're so lucky you got to hand your present to Mao personally!

(Wow, there were a lot of Japanese kids there! )

chineseteacup - thank you for that transcript!! So glad to hear that Kurt loves Mao!!! I heart Kurt too! I got his autograph at Worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:34 pm

sapphiresky wrote:
The only thing I'm worried about though, is that she won't get many competitive experiences before the Olympics- only the Nationals right? If she happens to choose new programs, it would be best for her to skate them in a couple of competitions first...Then again, she could always go back to old ones if she so chooses, which may be better in this situation than getting new ones.

That is true, she would only have Nationals. If she really wanted to, she could go to Four Continents at the end of January, but that might be a little too close to the Olympics.

I wonder if there are any regional competitions she could go to, just to get some more practice? Or maybe she should do her programs at the ice shows around New Year's? That might be good practice...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Aah polosatik! I'm so jealous right now!! And Mao is so adorable to actually take the time to skate over while she was so clearly upset about her performance.

I agree with Batsuchan. In the K&C, Mao was clearly angry... disappointed obviously, but not in the same way as yesterday. She looked MAD! Nothing is going her way and I was actually scared to watch her FS because I cried for her after the SP... She just looked so downtrodden and I didn't want to see that again. But she didn't look depressed to me. She looked angry, in a "What the hell was that" kinda way. I hope she takes time off and works that anger into determination, show the world what she's really made of. Nothing works better a good old "I'm not going to take it anymore" (god I can hear the song in my head... how lame...)

Whatever happens from now on, it has to come from Mao. Not the JSF (please no..), not TAT, not her mom, just plain Mao looking out for her own best interests.

I have to admit that I just lost a "lot" of interest in the ladies' events 'til Nationals though... Who, me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:23 am

Just had a thought while re-watching Mao's FS.

I feel that the part of the program where it looks as if Mao is slapping herself on both sides of the face needs to go. I know it was probably choreographed for dramatic purposes, but it just looks extremely angst-ridden to me. It's also quite a random thing to have in the program. I'm sure there are other ways to give the program a dramatic flair.

The slapping thing makes me feel quite uncomfortable. I know it wasn't the intention of Tatiana to make it seem this way, but it looks as if Mao is taking all her frustrations and guilt out on herself. I don't want to see Mao getting slapped, least of all by herself.

There's drama, and then there's uncomfortable drama.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:22 am

Hi everyone! It's my first post, I am a Mao-fan since 2006 and I read the forum every day for many-many years. I adore reading your comments, and I decided to register! Anyway, thanks for all the informations in the last months and years!

I think in this situation we just have to continue to cheer on Mao and support her and let her know that her fans will always love her. Many Hearts Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:39 am

chiyori wrote:
Whatever happens from now on, it has to come from Mao. Not the JSF (please no..), not TAT, not her mom, just plain Mao looking out for her own best interests.
That's probably my biggest wish for Mao right now as well. Should there be a change, the catalyst for it should be Mao herself - not the JSF or the media.

Miki had an awful time during Torino; not only was the media bashing her, she was constantly stalked by the paparazzi and had hate mail delivered directly to her (there was a time when one of them contained a razor inside - simply despicable). The JSF, of course, turned a blind eye during all this, and I most definitely don't want to see round 2 of this happen to Mao or her support team. Disappointed

Now just might be the best time for the Mao scrapbook project to take flight, don't you think? In the meantime though, I'm going to see if I can send Mao flowers and a teddy bear via IMG, which is her major sponsor. I love you

View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:54 am

Welcome sofia! So glad you decided to join us! Cheering

@clovera - It would be great if we could get the scrapbook together before the Olympics!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:31 am

hi everyone i am new to the forum too... HELLO! love reading all your comments and insights.

i too am looking forward to watching the coverage on NBC today. i think scott always has something interesting to say. he said some v. nic things about her last week vs. the world championships. i was so mad at sandra bezic who basically bashed mao's programs and her skating by saying nothing really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:37 am

clovera wrote:
chiyori wrote:
That's probably my biggest wish for Mao right now as well. Should there be a change, the catalyst for it should be Mao herself - not the JSF or the media.
Agree! Very Happy

clovera wrote:

Now just might be the best time for the Mao scrapbook project to take flight, don't you think? In the meantime though, I'm going to see if I can send Mao flowers and a teddy bear via IMG, which is her major sponsor. I love you

I hope this project pushes through! cheers

Is Mao going to skate in the gala?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
cera
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:53 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwOFzB0JNsc&feature=related

here's the warm up before the LP for those who haven't seen it...

She can do this! she absolutely can do this! I'm not going to lose sight of that no matter what happens. SHE is good enough. I'm not going to blame TAT, or the music, or costumes or jump layout, program (which I love), etc. She has everything it takes to be on top. I'm not going to suggest to her what she needs to do because I'm sure she knows better than I do. I will support her in everything she does!

Please, do not feel that I am criticizing anyone or belittling anyone's views, because I do not intend to do so. Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion.

This is only what I want my attitude to be. Many times I am sorely tempted to engage in the blame game. It would be easier, I think. It's sorta my pep talk to myself..Smile

The plan to give her gifts is really great! I got quite excited when I saw ...was it Polosatik?...on the video after Mao's freeskate...I am SO jealous... There's very little opportunity, if at all, for me to see any kind of live skating as the country I live in is not a 'skating' country. We don't even have a proper skating rink. But, hope springs eternal, one day, we may actually have a prodigy and the government will get all excited, maybe excited enough to build a proper skating rink...ahhhh...dreams...

edit: I had a look at the protocols and guess what? For the SP, Mao got level4 for her layback! Is that the first time?

Last edited by cera on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:28 am

does anyone remember kurt browning's attempts at the olympics? couldnt deliver the goods for some reason but won many world championships. olympic pressure? perhaps. mental issues? perhaps.

mao is just having one of those years. it will make her a better skater in the long run. sometimes the pressure and desire to win is so big, so all encompassing that one tries to hard. tries to will it to happen. sometimes too much thinking does damage. her body is trained and knows what it has to do. maybe she needs muscle memory to kick it.

JMHO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:14 am

I'm quite optimistic. Of course, now I feel sad for Mao, but we know that she will stand up! She always stands up because she is extremly strong - in 2007 Worlds, when she came up to 2nd place from the 5th, when she did a perfect, clean program after that terrible fall in the triple axel and became a world champion... that's why she is the best ever. If she believes herself, she can do everything! And Yuna Kim? She is not strong, se just knows that even with 3 falls she will get 200 points. That's why she is so self-confident. BUT THE BEST IS MAO-CHAN. Dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:05 am

Is anybody watching the exhibition?

Mao has shown up!

she did pretty well and I'm glad to see her smile. Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:11 am

coconut wrote:

Mao has shown up!

I watched the Gala, but I didn't see all the beginning because I thought Mao wasn't going!

Depressed Crying

I'm so happy to know she did well and that she was smiling!

Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:13 am

coconut wrote:

Mao has shown up!

She did???? Shocked I must have missed her performance then...because when I saw Alissa skating, I thought they were only inviting the top 4s to perform. (Arghhhh...)

How did she do? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia   

Back to top Go down

2009 Rostelecom Cup Of Russia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next