HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 am

Hashimoto met up with Mao at Chukyo University. Hashimoto who went to OP 7 times gave some advices to Mao.

http://vancouver2010.nikkansports.com/figure/news/f-sp-tp0-20091105-563196.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:08 pm

Here's a translation of the article:

Chairwoman Seiko Hashimoto's meeting with Mao "completely fine"

On the 5th, Japan Skating Federation Chairwoman Seiko Hashimoto, who will be in charge of the Japanese athletes at the Vancouver Olympics next February, revealed that she had a discussion on October 31 at Chuukyou University with figure skater Mao Asada (Chuukyou University), who is going
through a slump. Hashimoto, who has attended 7 Olympics (including Summer and Winter), apparently was asked by Asada about the Olympic atmosphere and training methods; "I came to give her mental advice. People are worried, but [she's] completely fine. She's thinking positively with a feeling that she can do it," Hashimoto said, anticipating a complete comeback. According to Asada's management company, Asada also said, "It was very useful." Chairwoman Hashimoto also observed Miki Ando and Yukari Nakano's practices and gave them strong encouragement.

See, I told you. Much ado about nothing. Hell, no!

The JSF just had to seem like they were doing something about the situation, and I bet Hashimoto-san is a fan and really wanted to meet Mao.

And Mao really seems to like talking to the former Olympians. Very Happy

Though I have to say that just because Mao seems fine now doesn't mean she'll be fine when she's under pressure at a competitionů Neutral

It's interesting that Yukari Nakano was also practicing at Chuukyo Uni (I assume that's where Hashimoto-san saw her). Is that where she normally practices? Question Not in Yokohama? Hmm...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
summervie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .   Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:59 pm

I think she (Seiko Hashimoto) should also feel kinda guilty in front of Mao, because they (JSF) lost the bid for the Olympic gold to one other federation. cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .   Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:18 am

Thanks for the translation!

It's nice to know it was about nothing serious, and it was a possitive meeting.

Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .   Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:17 am

I'm glad that the interview was great too! Very Happy can't wait to see Mao!Very Happy
Thanks for the translation too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .   Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:02 am

Thank you for the translation Batsuchan.

Honestly I was disapointed reading the article. Hashimoto San says that she gave mental advice and that Mao is just fine now....

But how does she know that Mao's really fine after just one meeting ? of course she's fine when she's not in competitions. Mental problem can not be resolved in just one meeting. I'd like to know exactly the kind of support JSF is planning to give Mao. I hope they won't say, 'OK we've done everything we can!'.

What happened to the jumping coach they talked about ? any news?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .   Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:44 am

ddmm wrote:

Honestly I was disapointed reading the article. Hashimoto San says that she gave mental advice and that Mao is just fine now....

But how does she know that Mao's really fine after just one meeting ? of course she's fine when she's not in competitions. Mental problem can not be resolved in just one meeting. I'd like to know exactly the kind of support JSF is planning to give Mao. I hope they won't say, 'OK we've done everything we can!'.

totally agree. team mao needs to reinforce mental conditioning every single day..its a process. they also need to attack this from all angles.. mental, physical, technical, artistic, consistency and selling the program to the judges and audience through presentation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .   Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:17 pm

ddmm wrote:

I agree. They can't "know" that Mao is completely fine now just from one meeting. I would like to think this all means that Mao is doing better though. Hopefully, she truely is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
Here's a translation of the article:

Chairwoman Seiko Hashimoto's meeting with Mao "completely fine"

On the 5th, Japan Skating Federation Chairwoman Seiko Hashimoto, who will be in charge of the Japanese athletes at the Vancouver Olympics next February, revealed that she had a discussion on October 31 at Chuukyou University with figure skater Mao Asada (Chuukyou University), who is going
through a slump. Hashimoto, who has attended 7 Olympics (including Summer and Winter), apparently was asked by Asada about the Olympic atmosphere and training methods; "I came to give her mental advice. People are worried, but [she's] completely fine. She's thinking positively with a feeling that she can do it," Hashimoto said, anticipating a complete comeback. According to Asada's management company, Asada also said, "It was very useful." Chairwoman Hashimoto also observed Miki Ando and Yukari Nakano's practices and gave them strong encouragement.

See, I told you. Much ado about nothing. Hell, no!

The JSF just had to seem like they were doing something about the situation, and I bet Hashimoto-san is a fan and really wanted to meet Mao.

And Mao really seems to like talking to the former Olympians. Very Happy

Though I have to say that just because Mao seems fine now doesn't mean she'll be fine when she's under pressure at a competition… Neutral

It's interesting that Yukari Nakano was also practicing at Chuukyo Uni (I assume that's where Hashimoto-san saw her). Is that where she normally practices? Question Not in Yokohama? Hmm...

Ah, I wish we got to hear the exact words of what the president said to Mao... Sad
-☆Genie/Formally known as Pooping
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .   

Back to top Go down

Hashimoto's meeting with Mao .
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1