HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

renewed faith in mao

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: renewed faith in mao   Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:09 pm

hi all,

after 3 weeks of so-so programs from NHK, COC, SA (aside from flatt) with most women faltering and a pretty weak field at that. i rewatched mao's programs from TEB and COR this weekend after yuna's disastrous LP and you really do see how good she is. her 3A is beautiful when she lands it.... and her step sequence is so intricate, detailed and difficult.. her spirals have beautiful extensions and flexibility and she has such nice deep edges... and i have to admit BELLS isnt that bad... (ohhh im gonna get grilled for saying that) its very dramatic and the total anti-thesis to yuna's program.. which i light and elegant.

yuna gave points back to the field yday and i think the rivalry is still there. however, yuna still wins with a disastrous skate so it will be exciting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sumin

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:16 pm

I still think that Mao's Lp "Bells" is a great choice for the Olympics. The more I watch the more I feel its power. If Mao skates this program without mistakes I bet it will be a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:03 am

I never lost faith in Mao. She will be spectacular when the time comes. Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:37 am

I never lost faith in Mao either! I don't need to see another person falter to know how beautiful Mao's skating is or know what she can do... Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:26 am

sapphiresky wrote:
I never lost faith in Mao either! I don't need to see another person falter to know how beautiful Mao's skating is or know what she can do... Cloud 9

well i am sorry we are not as evolved as you. cant you be a little more supportive of your fellow commenters? instead of having to be superior to them? you must be young i take it?

i always loved mao and know her unique gifts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:40 am

lol...sigh, I don't want to start an argument, I was merely stating my opinion. It just seems that you implied that Mao was good only after watching another skater's "disastrous LP", and I disagreed with that...Sorry if I misinterpreted.

No need to be offended, and I never said that I needed to be superior to you- my age has nothing to do with this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:53 am

sapphiresky wrote:
lol...sigh, I don't want to start an argument, I was merely stating my opinion. It just seems that you implied that Mao was good only after watching another skater's "disastrous LP", and I disagreed with that...Sorry if I misinterpreted.

No need to be offended, and I never said that I needed to be superior to you- my age has nothing to do with this.

point taken. it came across as a bit superior but thats what happens on the internet... implied perception. i guess i wanted mao to do so well this season that i did focus on what she didnt do vs. what she can do and DID. i expect alot of her, which goes to show you why she has pressure... trying to please people vs. pleasing herself.

thanks!! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:56 am

has anyone noticed that all the korean/american newspapers have not reported on yuna's sub-par performance... but they are right there to report on mao's mistakes.

im not trying to create any racial strife but it is intriguing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:08 am

@sapphiresky - There is nothing wrong with what you've said. I have NEVER lost faith in Mao, or thought that her skating is any less beautiful just because she made all those mistakes.

I keep myself in balance by trying very hard (and at times failing) to not be biased against Yu-Na. I comment on how beautiful her costumes are, how big her jumps are, how cute she sounds when she speaks English. Nothing but the truth, although grudgingly given. But to view Yu-Na in the same light as I view Mao? Impossible.

As far as figure-skating goes, Mao is everything to me.

@dlnnyc - I acknowledge that you have more life experience (as I've already said to you on another occasion) but please don't disciminate against others because they are younger. Wisdom has nothing to do with age. I'm not suggesting that what you say is unreasonable, only that what others say should be treated with the same respect as how you wish for your posts to be treated.

And no, I don't want to start an argument either. I'm not looking to start one, and hope that you give me the benefit of doubt that I'm not attacking you personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:34 am

chineseteacup wrote:
@sapphiresky - There is nothing wrong with what you've said. I have NEVER lost faith in Mao, or thought that her skating is any less beautiful just because she made all those mistakes.

I keep myself in balance by trying very hard (and at times failing) to not be biased against Yu-Na. I comment on how beautiful her costumes are, how big her jumps are, how cute she sounds when she speaks English. Nothing but the truth, although grudgingly given. But to view Yu-Na in the same light as I view Mao? Impossible.

As far as figure-skating goes, Mao is everything to me.

@dlnnyc - I acknowledge that you have more life experience (as I've already said to you on another occasion) but please don't disciminate against others because they are younger. Wisdom has nothing to do with age. I'm not suggesting that what you say is unreasonable, only that what others say should be treated with the same respect as how you wish for your posts to be treated.

And no, I don't want to start an argument either. I'm not looking to start one, and hope that you give me the benefit of doubt that I'm not attacking you personally.
sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Thanks Chineseteacup!
Maybe it's the lack of Mao news that's making us a bit too...fired up...no need for anymore arguments... flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:31 pm

dlnnyc wrote:
has anyone noticed that all the korean/american newspapers have not reported on yuna's sub-par performance... but they are right there to report on mao's mistakes.

im not trying to create any racial strife but it is intriguing.

confused There has been a TON of media coverage and articles about Yuna's poor LP performance from the American media. Just do a google search of articles- It was even reported in the NYT! I was actually suprised that so many media outlets actually cared enough to report anything skating. Here's a small sampling of the articles:

Boston Globe (with a really unfortunate photo of her Shocked ):
http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/olympics/articles/2009/11/16/for_kim_a_fall_but_not_a_tumble_at_skate_america/

Chicago Tribune (our favorite Hersh Rolling Eyes ): http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-skate-america-16-2009nov16,0,7635553.story

NY Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/sports/16skate.html

Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/15/AR2009111502576.html

I hope that was enough American newspapers for you! Razz There's a LOT more, too, in google search (I found these in a couple minutes). So I wouldn't worry about the media "forgetting" Kim's mistakes. I'm actually a bit more bothered by the fact that other skaters, including Mao, aren't getting as much media attention. Neutral The NYT and the Washington Post did not, to my knowledge, report on Mao's skates in Paris or Russia.

Oh, and the Korean Media:

Korean Times article:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sports/2009/11/136_55594.html

Joonganddaily:
http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2912605

I can't read the rest because they're in Korean. Razz But from the translated articles on the YNKF, many Korean papers and websites reported it, and they asked Yuna a LOT of pressing questions about why she messed up, how she plans to fix this, etc. Trust me, they're not ignoring it. The Korean media has been very tough on Yuna in the past, just like the Japanese media is tough on Mao. I really wish they would leave those girls alone and let them have bad days every now and then. Snow

Back on topic: I always have faith in Mao and she's going to ROCK IT at Nationals, and then the Olympics. End of story! Rockstar Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:17 pm

I never lost faith in Mao. I have to admit, that I was getting a little worried about Yuna being harder, and harder to beat for a while, but you would have to be delusional to put all your eggs into one basket when betting on olympic figure skating! When it comes to olympic figure skating, never EVER count your eggs until they've hatched!! At the olympics, how many times has the most popular skater, or favorite to win NOT won the gold? How many times has the under dog, or black horse stole the show? Not that this fact is actually a very common thing will help Mao or anyone else win alone, but it's definitly something comforting to think about.

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:08 pm

i never lost faith in Mao. she will overcome these obstacles and be back better than ever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: renewed faith in mao   

Back to top Go down

renewed faith in mao
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1