HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Yes
76%
 76% [ 16 ]
No
24%
 24% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?   Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:18 pm

I know this is Mao's fan forum, but this is my favourite figure skating forum so I decided to make the poll here.

Sweatdrop

So, Joannie's 70.00 points is still beyond me and I'm curious to know if you guys think Miki can get over 70 points. Personally, I think she definatety can, but I want to know what you guys think. Be honest!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?   Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:58 pm

^It's ok. Miki is one of my faves, too, and I want to see her on the podium next year along with Mao. Very Happy

I do think it's very possible that she can get 70 or higher. She just have to work on the loop in her combo. She keeps on getting downgraded. Improve her 3F, too. Maybe she should just use 3T instead of 3L in her lutz combo.

Even Mao's previous SP layout can consistently get her 70+ if she nails the 3Lz consistently, I think.

Wait... haven't seen Joannie's SP yet. Did she nail a 3-3 for that 70?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?   Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Joannie scored over 70 with 3-2 but I don't think the judges would give Miki that high score with 3-2 combo. I think its possible if she skates clean short program with 3-3. I actually hope Miki would change her Flip to Salcow cuz her 3S is much more consistent jump. cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:03 pm

Absolutely! I think for the top skaters, the key is to be clean. Miki can definitely do it, she just needs a clean SP. As her SP program was still new during the GP series, I really believe it will be much better and more secure at the GPF and Nationals.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Yuna, Joannie, and Miki all score over 70 at the GPF? Then we could finally have some competition between the ladies! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:19 pm

I love Miki too, but I think this year we can't know anything. I mean if Joannie Rochette can get 70 points, anyone else can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?   Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:37 am

I think that if Ando skates her Requiem like she did at the ice shows this summer and improves her choreography a bit it shouldn't be impossible for her to score a 70. But with judges you can never be too sure of anything. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?   Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:50 pm

I'm confuse. You mean can miki get 70pts for a program with 3-3 or
3-2? Please clarify! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?   Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:52 pm

coolmeia wrote:
I'm confuse. You mean can miki get 70pts for a program with 3-3 or
3-2? Please clarify! Thanks!

Both, maybe. I mean Joannie got a 70 for a program with a 3-2 so it may be possible for Miki as well if she skates really clean. But Miki usually goes for the more difficult 3Lz-3L and the loop is normally downgraded so it hurts her marks. Maybe she should go for the 3T in the combo instead? And change the flip to a salchow like coconut said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
zakkan

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?   Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm

yes, she can when she does 3lz-3lo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Miki can get over 70 points for a SP?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1