HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Flag Bearer for Japan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Flag Bearer for Japan?   Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Do you guys think Mao could be the flag bearer for Japan?
If she does well enough at nationals, then I think she should! Although I did hear that being the flag bearer could be quite tedious to some and since figure skating is a sport that is mainly focused on the legs, it'll be real hard for her! Maybe she should get all of the Japanese skaters to hold the flag together ^_^;;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Flag Bearer for Japan?   Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:32 pm

☆Genie wrote:
Do you guys think Mao could be the flag bearer for Japan?
If she does well enough at nationals, then I think she should! Although I did hear that being the flag bearer could be quite tedious to some and since figure skating is a sport that is mainly focused on the legs, it'll be real hard for her! Maybe she should get all of the Japanese skaters to hold the flag together ^_^;;

I started this same thread, but on the yuna forum and about Yuna being the flag bearer. ROTFLMAO Brian Orser was the flag bearer for Canada at the 1988 Olympics, and I thought I would be a nice parallel if Yuna was for this one as well.

I would LOVE if Mao were her country's flag bearer! OMG, could you imagine?? I thought I would be in tears during the competition phase- but if Mao walked out with the Japanese flag I would cry during the opening ceremony! Bawling ROTFLMAO

Some people in that other thread had good points, though- about how senior members of the team and experienced Olympians are almost always chosen, and that it could be too strenuous.

No matter what, I can't wait to see Mao's smiling face as she walks with her teammates at the spectacular opening of the games. It will be magical. Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Flag Bearer for Japan?   Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:52 pm

Liffey wrote:

No matter what, I can't wait to see Mao's smiling face as she walks with her teammates at the spectacular opening of the games. It will be magical. Mushy Love

I know!! I will probably just cry seeing Mao's face while the flags were being marched. All the years, all the dreams, all the training, all the sinking of falls, and all the ectasy of victories that are behind this event--I think that will be reflected in Mao's eyes.
Bawling Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
will_power

PostSubject: Re: Flag Bearer for Japan?   Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:58 am

But I just hope that if she got chosen to be the flag bearer, she doesn't feel more pressured to do well...because she got way more on her plate than she can chew now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Flag Bearer for Japan?   Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:12 pm

That would be awsome if she were chosen! Will she get choosen though? I'm leaning toward no. Maybe if she weren't going into the olympics in a slump phase, I think she would have more of a chance, but even if that were the case, I think the answer would still be no. As Liffy said, older athletes, and returning olympians are usually choosen. Plus, I'm not familiar with any of Japans other athletes in any other olympic sports. Do they have any other outstanding, decorated athletes? I do know one thing though, out of any figure skater, I think she would deserve it most.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Flag Bearer for Japan?   Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:51 pm

will_power wrote:
But I just hope that if she got chosen to be the flag bearer, she doesn't feel more pressured to do well...because she got way more on her plate than she can chew now...

It would be really touching if Mao carried the flab, but I agree with will_power; I'm a little concerned it will put too much pressure on her!

Though I'm wondering if it'll be Aiko Uemura (World champion mogul skiier):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-8rJ6zVi0

She and I have the same birthday, so that kind of made me an immediate fan. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Flag Bearer for Japan?   Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
Though I'm wondering if it'll be Aiko Uemura (World champion mogul skiier):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-8rJ6zVi0

She and I have the same birthday, so that kind of made me an immediate fan. Hell, no!
Ditto. If anything, I would be more surprised if the flag bearer isn't Aiko or a figure skater (Mao) because they have the most commendable results in their respective discipline and name recognition amongst the Japanese population. The vast majority of the other Japanese Olympians participating in Vancouver aren't given much air time nor are they expected to medal (aside from maybe speed skating, short track, and cross country skiing), so... Sweatdrop

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flag Bearer for Japan?   Today at 7:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Flag Bearer for Japan?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1