HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Japanese National Championships 09

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:26 am

Mao's condition sounds good so far. Good luck to all men today and ladies tomorrow!! Woot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:04 am

Thank you roma, kirakira, clovera and Batsuchan for the information!

Hi guys~~ flower Haven't wrote on this board for quite some time. I pop in now and then for some new tidbits of Mao and the figure skating world. Thank you everyone for your info, links and photos!!! Smile

Here's a new practice clip of Mao, Yukari and Takahash (Thanks to the uploader, maoisno1fairy3) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgAci9--rAM&feature=channel

Mao seems to be a great shape, so is her 3A. I am slightly more concerned about her Flip and Loop. Timing seems a bit off with Mao's jump combinations in recent competitions - with the exception of the 3A-2T. But Mao will be fine Smile Those are her stronger jumps. GoooOOO MAO!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:34 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:19 am

Wow, the JSF really want Takahashi to win Nats... Over 92 for SP. Nobunari looked nervous after that and fell, 79 points. Takahiko was clean but tentative and got 80 points.

I hope Nobunari will come back in the FS, but with scoring like that he'll need a quad and about 5 mistakes from Takahashi. Sad

clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:31 am

inskate wrote:
Wow, the JSF really want Takahashi to win Nats... Over 92 for SP. Nobunari looked nervous after that and fell, 79 points. Takahiko was clean but tentative and got 80 points.
Agreed. It's a bit much IMO - I understand both the Japanese media and the JSF are eager to send Dai, not Tono into the Olys as "Japan's #1 male skater" but this is overkill (it's not the same situation as Russian Nats either with the bonus system on landing the 3A + quads that allowed Plushy to score over 100). Folks in the arena also feel Takahito Mura have been robbed. Sweatdrop

I guess it can't be helped that Tono and Kozu didn't skate cleanly since that *may* have given their SP scores an extra boost and create a situation like this year's GPF SP where ultra-inflation was present...but didn't feel as awkward due to all the good performances + "evenness" of said inflation.
My love-hate affair with CoP remains alive and well. Unconscious

View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:28 am

inskate wrote:

I hope Nobunari will come back in the FS, but with scoring like that he'll need a quad and about 5 mistakes from Takahashi. Sad
92+?? scratch It's a great SP, but geez! I guess I'll just have to wait to see this one.

Urrgghh. JSF's anti-Nobu sentiment is getting to me. Well, maybe not anti, but putting over a 13 point difference between him and Dai is sort of crazy. And then about another 10 points between Nobu and Taka? The spacing just seems to weird to not be inflated. I want to see Nobu make a serious comeback in the LP, his strong program this season Very Happy

Like clovera said, this is looking like another GPF. Shocked

Go Nobu, Taka, and Dai!! Cheering I'll be okay as long as everyone gives a great performance~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:36 am

Since the JSF's results page is bound to not show the SP scores after until the Fuji TV broadcast is over, here is the unofficial result for the Men's SP compiled by figure skate memo.
There's still over an hour left until the delayed broadcast will air so hang on, folks... Coffee

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
Urrgghh. JSF's anti-Nobu sentiment is getting to me. Well, maybe not anti, but putting over a 13 point difference between him and Dai is sort of crazy. And then about another 10 points between Nobu and Taka?
Nobu and Kozu are virtually tied. Like I said, it wouldn't look *as* bad on paper if they both skated clean (Tono had uncharacteristic fall on his 3F) since that would have made the scores between them and Dai closer. Well, theoretically anyway. Sweatdrop

View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:55 am

Congratulations to Daisuke, Takahiko and Nobunari! I hope Nobunari does better in the LP! And guys, these scores are nothing compared to the scores given at the Russian Championships!

Good luck to all!

Cheering

Merry Christmas!

santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oscilla
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:57 am

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
And then about another 10 points between Nobu and Taka?

Ah, there was actually only 1 point between Nobu and Taka. I think this was actually sort of fair, considering that Nobu fell and Takahiko (reportedly) skated a bit tentative. Both of them looked creeped out before they skated. I must say I'm not surprised.

clovera wrote:

Agreed. It's a bit much IMO - I understand both the Japanese media and the JSF are eager to send Dai, not Tono into the Olys as "Japan's #1 male skater" (...) My love-hate affair with CoP remains alive and well. Unconscious

I agree. I don't think it's the fault of the CoP system as much as the implementation of it... It's like the system is manipulated to not allow more than one skater from a given country to get huge scores.
Back in early 2006, when Daisuke struggled, Nobunari was getting huge scores. The moment Nobunari lost to Daisuke at NHK his scored dropped both at Nationals and internationally.
Takahiko was able to score as high as 83.90 for a clean SP when Daisuke was out with injury and Nobunari was just starting his comeback, but now when he became no.3, his score for a clean SP was barely over 75 at Rostelecom Cup.
Nobunari scored very close to Evan in PCS (higher SS) and higher in GoEs at CoC, but when Daisuke competed with both of them, Nobunari's scores dropped (and he and Evan had similar amount of mistakes in their LPs).
The same thing happens in ladies - Miki's PCS were low until Mao dropped out of the GPF, Akiko's PCS are low despite skating great and being one of the VERY few ladies to land 7 triples in the LP and skating with fire.

It seems that the judges don't look at the particular strengths of each skater anymore - so what if one skater excels at skating skills, jumps and showmanship, the second one at interpretation and steps, the third at something else altogether - the moment one of the skaters establishes him/herself as favorite, he/she will get the highest PCS/GoEs for all of the elements.

I think it might backfire. The "number two and below" skaters just get demotivated because they know that no matter how well they skate they will not get high scores. In the end, JSF might end up with no medal at all when the favorite will bomb, and the "underdog" will get underscored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:36 am

clovera wrote:

Nobu and Kozu are virtually tied. Like I said, it wouldn't look *as* bad on paper if they both skated clean (Tono had uncharacteristic fall on his 3F) since that would have made the scores between them and Dai closer. Well, theoretically anyway. Sweatdrop
Oooh! Thank you! I misread!!
It makes much more sense now Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:07 am

The Men's SP just started!

Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:30 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:40 am

^Thanks, kirakira! Those pictures of Mao looking relaxed while skating is surely nice!

So Taka-chan put a hand down on 3A and stumbled(?) on his footwork... but Dai looked great. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:03 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:07 am

YEY Dai!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rockstar He's awesome , if I was a judge I give him all 100 no matter what Too sweet! Dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:30 am

To get rid of the bad taste: a new clip with Mao! Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPU9nOAgxU
3A looks great!

3F looked shaky in another clip (where Mao attempted 3F-2L-2L) but I lost the clip... Does anyone have the link..?
But overall Mao looks stronger than during the GP series, I hope! I love you

ETA: I edited out the bitter stuff. I'll leave the depressing thoughts for myself. Sweatdrop

e2girl

PostSubject: Japan Nats 09 Vids   Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:26 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:30 pm

Can't wait...it's almost time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:54 pm

☆Genie wrote:

same here, so nervous. Is there any live feed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi all, I have so much family stuff going on because of Christmas that I've not been on the boards much! Thank you to everyone for keeping us updated and sharing Mao videos and reports. I cannot believe the championship starts tomorrow! Like others have said, I'm a little nervous Panic! , but I also have an unusually good feeling about this- I really think she'll do well. Good luck!

Well, Merry Christmas everyone santa and I can't wait to see Mao in first place tomorrow morning when I wake up. Woot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:17 pm

coolmeia wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

same here, so nervous. Is there any live feed?

Nope, just the FUJITV delayed broadcast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaarolcia
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks to all of you for wonderful videos and photos! Thank you!

I can't wait till tomorrow! Go Mao! Cheering

And I have one question. Where do you watch Fuji TV? Any streams? Perhaps justin.tv? I only have KeyHoleTv but my feed there is so choppy and it freezes all the time.. So is there any other option?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:03 pm

I just watched this morning practice on tv.
Mao was wearing the pink costume(same as the one weared at COR),jumped 3A and 3F.
Both looked beautiful and full rotated cheers Go Mao! Boogie

To kaarolcia: clovera mentioned KeyHole TV and TVAnts on page3 of this topic. Take a look at clovera's post cat
Hope you can enjoy Japan Nationals Very Happy

Last edited by mingming on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Here's Jack Gallagher's latest article. For once I agree with one thing he says--that Mao will go to the Olympics as long as she's not injured.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20091224it.html

I feel like they're saving the best parts of that Mao interview for last!! Just look at her smiling and laughing here!! Love Hearts Made me so happy! sunny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3jAH8I5yrc

It's basically the same stuff she's been saying. In the beginning, she says she's been watching the competitions she didn't get to go to, and thought "I want to go!", so now she is looking forward to Nationals.

Apparently the horoscope book said this year would be bad, but next year will get better. And of course, her lucky place in February is a 'skating rink'!! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Can someone tell us what this is about, pls: Mao Article. I think it's about her SP changes or something. The translations from translation sites is quite a nosebleed. Razz

What time will the live SP actually start? Delayed telecast will be shown tonight, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese National Championships 09   

Back to top Go down

Japanese National Championships 09
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next