HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Winter Olympics 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:23 pm

sofia wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSI7TycFQDk

What do you think guys? Suspect Yikes!!!
I think Yuna smiled not because of Mao or TAT, she saw something in front of her. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:25 pm

sofia wrote:

Nonsense. Just trolls. They don't know what to do anymore.
Both Mao and Yuna trolls are pathetic. Rolling Eyes
The worst thing is that, no matter the skater we search on youtube, we find these vids.

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire

Last edited by alyssa on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:31 pm

polosatik wrote:
sofia wrote:

I think Yuna smiled not because of Mao or TAT, she saw something in front of her. Razz

I hope so. I don't want to think of anything wrong. I just thought to show you this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:48 pm

kawaiimao wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
hey guys, i would really appreciate if someone who know Japanese can translate this for me, because I know this is not what Mao really said and some people are trying to make her sound like a sore loser (which we all know she is not). This is what was posted. I know I should just ignore these people but I just can't take it when they try to stain Mao's character.

"金妍児(キム・ヨナ)選手(韓国)と比べると、もう少し点数が近づいていても良かったんじゃないかなと思い ます。
"I felt my scores should have been closer to Yu Na's marks."

トリプルアクセルに関しては、もう少しGOE(出来栄えの評価)の加点があっても良かったのにな、と思いま した。
"In regards to 3A, I thought I deserved better GOEs." Very Mad Very Mad

It seems to me the translations are ok. It still doesn't mean she actually said it though.
And even if she did she would be absolutely right! Razz

Actually, looking at it again the first sentence is more like it would have been good if my scores had been closer to Yu-Na.

The second again, more like it would have been good if I had gottten more GOE on my 3A.

Sounds much softer to me than the way it's translated but I'm still just learning Japanese and this is my first attempt to actually translate anything, so... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:52 pm

alyssa wrote:
sofia wrote:

To me it didn't seem like it had anything to do with Mao.

It's really crazy when people start over analyzing every gesture or facial expression like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:59 pm

kawaiimao wrote:
kawaiimao wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
hey guys, i would really appreciate if someone who know Japanese can translate this for me, because I know this is not what Mao really said and some people are trying to make her sound like a sore loser (which we all know she is not). This is what was posted. I know I should just ignore these people but I just can't take it when they try to stain Mao's character.

"金妍児(キム・ヨナ)選手(韓国)と比べると、もう少し点数が近づいていても良かったんじゃないかなと思い ます。
"I felt my scores should have been closer to Yu Na's marks."

トリプルアクセルに関しては、もう少しGOE(出来栄えの評価)の加点があっても良かったのにな、と思いま した。
"In regards to 3A, I thought I deserved better GOEs." Very Mad Very Mad

It seems to me the translations are ok. It still doesn't mean she actually said it though.
And even if she did she would be absolutely right! Razz

Actually, looking at it again the first sentence is more like it would have been good if my scores had been closer to Yu-Na.

The second again, more like it would have been good if I had gottten more GOE on my 3A.

Sounds much softer to me than the way it's translated but I'm still just learning Japanese and this is my first attempt to actually translate anything, so... Embarassed

Thanks KawaiiMao!

" ショートプログラム(SP)はトリプルアクセル(3回転半)ジャンプを含めて完璧(かんぺき)に出来ました。金妍児(キム・ヨナ)選手(韓国)と比べると、もう少し点数が近づいていても良かったんじゃないかなと思います。でも、フリーでは二つのジャンプのミスをしてしまったのでÖÖ。トリプルアクセルを二つ決めたのに、アクセルより簡単な3回転フリップと3回転トーループの失敗。予想外だった。日本でしっかりと準備ができていただけに、本当に悔しい。

トリプルアクセルに関しては、もう少しGOE(出来栄えの評価)の加点があっても良かったのにな、と思いました。今の採点方式で一番気になるのは、GOEの基準です。どんなジャンプを跳んだらプラス3になるのか、プラス1になるのか。フィギュアはタイムがはっきりと出るものではなく、人が採点して決めるものなので、その基準がよくわからなくなる。日本に帰って、もう一度ジャッジの方々に聞いてみたいです。 "

These are the whole sections from the article. I think the person took her words out of context, because even with my rough Google translator thing, it seems in the first section, Mao is talking about how her mistakes made it not possible to catch up to Kim and in the second section, she seems to be talking about her confusion on GOE. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mika

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 pm

aoi88 wrote:
http://www.asahi.com/olympics/columns/mao_asada/TKY201003020169.html

This was the original article that the person cited to accuse Mao of lacking sportmanship. I think it was the same interview that we were talking about before. If someone can translate the part that Mao talks about the SP and the GOE, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks flower

Those sentences are talked in these contexts

I could skate clean SP including the 3A. So I feel my score might have been closer a bit to Kim's. But in the FS, I made two mistakes on jumps... Even though I could land two 3As, failed easier jumps, 3F and 3T. It was unexpected. Because IĎd prepared really well in Japan, I feel even more regretful about it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the 3As, I think they might have got a bit more GOE points. Most of all, I really want to learn the GOE criteria. What kind of jump deserves plus 3 or 1 points. In the figure skating, the win/loss is not determined by time, but it's scored/judged by human beings, and so the criteria are not so clear [as time]. When I go back to Japan, I want to ask about [GOEs] to judges.

Disclaimer: I'm a native Japanese speaker, but my English is far from fluent

Oh, and kawaiimao's translation is better than mine! Yes, actual Mao's comments are much less assertive than the translation aoi88 cited. I love Mao's honesty in this interview. Just ignore those idiots who desperately try (and always fail) to make people believe "Mao is such an arrogant bitch!!!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks a lot Mika! I knew her words were taken out of context, but it's nice to know what she actually says in this interview. cat Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:21 pm

jkblues wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwUyZrACU6s&translated=1

Can someone please translate? Very Happy

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
MaoRussianFan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi everyone!! It's my first post

I want to say that Mao have so many fans in Russia. We all adorable of her and we so proud about her skating in Olympic Games. She was fantastic! especially in SP. Thanks for you forum, for all information you discussing...

We'll warrant that Mao win the GOLD medal in Sochi.

p.s. sorry for my bad english
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vkontakte.ru/club1347409
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Welcome MaoRussianFan! It's great to have you here!

Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Welcome to the forum, MaoRussianFan, enjoy your stay!! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:55 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoRussianFan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:03 pm

When Mao presented her EX programm TAT made comments of her performance for Russian TV. What she said (some of your comments): my father (he was a legendary hockey coach) always told me - if you have won the silver you shoud be dismissed. And I think I should be and I just want to pass Mao into the "best hands" (like better coach). She needs this.

She always told about Mao, that she is a great figure skater and she is big workagolic...and TAT was so sad during all broadcasting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vkontakte.ru/club1347409
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:08 pm

kirakira wrote:
Mao and Daisuke interview flower
part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwUyZrACU6s
part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfUKh2VBBqU

Her laugh in the beginning of the second part is simply adorable! Many Hearts

Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Welcome MaoRussianFan! flower

Ok, here it is guys, the really long interview.
http://www.tokyo-np.co.jp/article/sports/news/CK2010030202000071.html?ref=rank
The tears she shed; a step toward the future

Mao Asada, after appearing on her dream stage

Ladiesí figure skating silver medalist Mao Asada (Chuukyou University) answered questions on the closing day of the competition, the 28th (March 1st in Japan). After being barred from the Olympics four years ago due to the age limit, she finally arrived on her dream stage. What did she think? What did she feel? And what about four years from now? We discovered the 19-year oldís true self.

--What do you think about the silver medal?

Iím 50% happy and 50% bitter. The day after the competition, I thought of it as a step toward the future.

--You looked really upset right after your performance and on the podium.

It was right after the competition, so I did feel upset, but I saw so many people cheering, and I could see many Japanese flags, so I was moved.

--Why were you upset?

It was because of those last two jumps in my free program. Up until that point, it was my best performance of the season, so that made it even more upsetting.

--Were you surprised by those mistakes on the flip and toe loop?

After all, theyíre easy compared to the axel. I still make mistakes on the flip sometimes, but never on the toe loop, so that was completely unexpected. My mind wavered at the end, and it translated into mistakes. I had been thinking, I could get a big score here. I think that in the future I will be able to think of this as a good experience, but you canít take back whatís been done. If I had landed all my jumps, I think my score would have been even higher. But I did think it would have been nice to get a little more GOE for the triple axel. I wanted to see the score I could get if I did everything perfectly.

--What do you think you are lacking?

The artistic side is also important, but I think for me, itís on the technical side. If you donít complete the jumps, you canít move up. Yu-Na Kim is at the top because sheís doing a triple-triple combo and other difficult skills. To increase the base value more, I want to practice the other jumps.

--This season you didnít do the lutz or the salchow.

Tarasova-sensei told me to go practice them right away.

--You also want to include a triple-triple combo?

Thatís right. Iíve been practicing it.

--Why didnít you do a triple-triple combo this season?

It is extremely difficult for me to do two triple axels and a triple-triple combo in one program. So I chose a jump layout that I could do with more certainty. Until the Sochi Olympics, Iíll try all kinds of things, and I want to do them in competition.

--Yu-Na Kim might retire after this season.

I do think I would like to beat her one more time. I want to compete together one more time, and I want to win properly.

--Do you think the difficult jumps should receive higher scores?

Under the new scoring system, I think everyoneís jump level has declined one level. But, Plushenko has come back, and people have started thinking that the quad is necessary, so because of that, I think it will change a little.

--Were the Olympics different from other competitions?

When I was competing, it was not different at all. A lot of people told me that the atmosphere at the Olympics is different, so I prepared for that when I practiced. Thatís why, even in the actual competition, I was able to compete without any more nervousness than usual.

--But you said it was a stage that was beyond your imagination.

The scale was. When I entered the athleteís village, I thought it was a special stage. Speed skaters, skiers, people from all over the world were gathered in the athleteís village and in the auditoriums, and everyone was trying their best for a medal. By seeing the greatness of that scale, I felt like I was at the Olympics.

--Was this Olympics the grand finale, or just a stepping stone?

At first I thought it would be the grand finale of my journey from when I was little. While practicing and when I was at home, I thought, ďI want to win the gold medal.Ē But now that itís over, I feel like it is a step toward the future.

--Your thoughts about the gold medal have become stronger.

I have always felt very strongly that I want one. Even now that feeling is the same. But, as Sochi approaches, that feeling will probably be even stronger. Itís four years until Sochi, but they will probably pass in a flash, and I hope I can head toward the Olympics while incorporating new things. I wonít call Sochi my goal, but rather, I will think of it as another checkpoint, another step.

--Then the Olympics 8 years from now?

Iíll be 27 years old? Iíll have to think about that. But if I want to do it, I probably could.

--How are you preparing for next season?

I havenít clearly decided yet. Tarasova-sensei is busy in Russia, and there is her health. This season there were times when we couldnít meet, but I still donít know for sure yet.

--There were times when you couldnít train with Coach Tarasova.

There were times when I wanted her to look at things on the artistic side, but she had health problems and work-related things. I could have gone [to Russia], but I wanted to train in Japan, and even if I went [to Russia] right before [the Olympics], I felt like I might ruin my condition.

--What kind of relationship would you like to maintain with Tarasova?

As soon as I switched to Tarasova, I started getting good scores for the step sequences, and she brought out different sides of me. Sheís a teacher with lots of experience, and I think I can still learn a lot from her. Itís difficult to train with her all year long, but Iíd like to do short-term training with her.

--What about your programs?

In the past two seasons, I used powerful music, so I want to choose calmer music, music that has some space for me to relax.

--In these past four years, what was the most painful thing?

After the Cup of Russia last year. My jumps were so messed up that even I was shocked. Even after I realized that and kept practicing, I couldnít do them, so that period was the most difficult. I worried if I would be able to go to the Olympics, if I would make it in time.

--If you think back on that period, then this result is really amazing.

Thereís part of me thatís glad and part of me thatís upset. I had practiced 150% and up until that point [in my program], I had done everything perfectly, so really those last two jumps were so upsetting.

--What made you happiest over these past 4 years?

These Olympics. In the end, Iím glad I was able to win this medal, and now Iím glad that I tried so hard.

--How do you want to pass the time until the Sochi Olympics?

At college, I want to take the required classes and study hard. [I want to take] psychology. In aiming for the Olympics, Iíve only focused on skating, so Iíd like to try marathoning and yoga and pilates. I say marathoning, but not the real thing. I also want to be fashionable.

--And love?

Iíd like to fall in love too.

--With whom?

Iíll have to find someone. My ideal is a good-looking guy. Someone cool.

--If you fall in love, your range of expression will improve.

Yes. Tarasova-sensei gave me that advice.

--At the time of the Sochi Olympics, youíll be 23 years old. What kind of person do you think youíll be?

I think Iíll be the same, probably. Machiko (Yamada)-sensei often told me, Ďbe a skater that everyone cheers for,í and thatís what I want to continue to aim to do.

--What are thoughts about your mother, who has always supported you?

From when [I started skating when] I was 5, she did everything for me, so Iím glad I was able to win the silver medal. I hung it around her neck.

--What did your mother say?

ďGood job.Ē She said, ďYou were able to skate here, so Iím glad.Ē

http://www.asahi.com/olympics/columns/mao_asada/TKY201003020169.html

The Mao-rashiku article basically paraphrases the interview above, but thereís one part that was not paraphrased, so Iíll translate:

ďAbout the triple axel, I thought it would have been nice if I got higher GOEís. In the judging system, what I am most concerned about is the basis for GOEs. Which jumps give you +3, and which give you +1? Figure skating is not a race where the time is clearly recorded, itís a competition that people judge, so I donít really understand the basis for the GOEs. After I go back to Japan, I want to ask the judges about it.Ē

Finally, this article has one more Q&A that was not in the first article.

http://www.chunichi.co.jp/article/feature/vancouver2010/menu/figure/shimen/CK2010030202000203.html

--You think it would be better to assert yourself more.

But, in the end, I make the decisions. Such as choosing to train in Japan before the Olympics, even though Sensei said I should go to Vancouver one month before the competition. She also suggested that I not go to the athletes village. But I decided everything myself.

View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:58 pm

^Thanks so much BatsuChan. It must have took you such a long time translating the articles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:03 pm

'
Thank you Batsuchan! Razz Wow this is the most frank I've ever seen Mao in an interview, especially that part about Kim. cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:11 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Thank you Batsuchan! Razz Wow this is the most frank I've ever seen Mao in an interview, especially that part about Kim. cat

That's the first time I've ever seen Mao say she wants to beat Yu-Na. But you know what, it might be the first time she's ever wanted to beat her, period!

Kinda like how Yu-Na must've really, really wanted to beat Mao after she lost the GPF in Korea...

sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

That's the first time I've ever seen Mao say she wants to beat Yu-Na. But you know what, it might be the first time she's ever wanted to beat her, period!

Kinda like how Yu-Na must've really, really wanted to beat Mao after she lost the GPF in Korea...

Mao has her fighting spirit! Thumbs up!
She'll try to improve even more now! It's great!
I'm glad Mao is being truthful- I'm ignoring those posters who say she's arrogant Disappointed They don't know her as a person, I don't think they've seen her talk! (like how they said she was sad and being a poor sport for not smiling on the podium "just because she wanted to win"- rigghht) They just don't know what they are talking about most of the time, so we can just stop reading those other forums and youtube comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
illani
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Thank you, Batsuchan! What a great article!

Batsuchan wrote:
--Were you surprised by those mistakes on the flip and toe loop?

After all, theyíre easy compared to the axel. I still make mistakes on the flip sometimes, but never on the toe loop, so that was completely unexpected. My mind wavered at the end, and it translated into mistakes. I had been thinking, I could get a big score here. I think that in the future I will be able to think of this as a good experience, but you canít take back whatís been done. If I had landed all my jumps, I think my score would have been even higher. But I did think it would have been nice to get a little more GOE for the triple axel. I wanted to see the score I could get if I did everything perfectly.

In this context, it sounds to me like what she's saying is that she wishes she could have done the 3A well enough to achieve higher GOEs, not that she thinks the judges didn't reward her enough.

Batsuchan wrote:

ďAbout the triple axel, I thought it would have been nice if I got higher GOEís. In the judging system, what I am most concerned about is the basis for GOEs. Which jumps give you +3, and which give you +1? Figure skating is not a race where the time is clearly recorded, itís a competition that people judge, so I donít really understand the basis for the GOEs. After I go back to Japan, I want to ask the judges about it

And here, it sounds like she wants to understand how to achieve higher GOEs in the future. She is not complaining about her scores, just wanting understand how to do better next time. Out of context, some of these quotes could be interpreted either way, but I think seeing the full interview clears it up nicely. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:17 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

But I think this interview will spark a lot of Yuna fans to increase their criticisms of Mao pale.

I think Mao is pretty fired up though lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:21 pm

aoi88 wrote:

But I think this interview will spark a lot of Yuna fans to increase their criticisms of Mao pale.

And that's why we have to ignore their ignorance Razz

And Thanks Batsuchan for your translations! I can see why it may spark controversy, but I think tone is really important- in the interview, she seemed to be more eager to learn, as illani said.

Last edited by sapphiresky on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Thank you so much Batsuchan. I love the way she's so sincere and so humble at the same time.

Back to top Go down
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:24 pm

sapphiresky wrote:
aoi88 wrote:

And that's why we have to ignore their ignorance Razz

I thoroughly, thoroughly second that!! Yep! Yep! This is why I try not to read the other forums. I make a small exception for FSU (in fact I just posted this interview there because I was sooo annoyed by all the uninformed comments people were making ), but it's really only the MAO FORUM for me!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   

Back to top Go down

Winter Olympics 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next