HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 404
Join date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:56 pm

3A
3F3T
3Lz

3F3L
3L
3S
2A
is also a eight triple program. And I think she is more capable of doing this.
Either way, I hope Mao first fixes her problem and then chases high difficulties.
Recently, I am thinking why 3S and 3T, these two easiest jumps are mao's weakness(although 3T is no longer her weakness). Perhaps she thinks they are easy and spends less time on them. I know some genius tend to like difficult things better,but basis is also very important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:58 pm

Couldn't she just go back to her 2008 layout? I felt that was already quite challenging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 404
Join date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:00 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Couldn't she just go back to her 2008 layout? I felt that was already quite challenging.
totally agree......
She could fix lutz and add a 3S in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 33
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:05 pm

tianrushui wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
Couldn't she just go back to her 2008 layout? I felt that was already quite challenging.
totally agree......
She could fix lutz and add a 3S in.

Here's the 2008 layout:

3A
3F-3T
3Lz

3Lo
3F-3Lo
2A-2Lo-2Lo
2A

I agree that it's quite a challenging layout. I guess if she really wanted to do the 3S, she could either replace the 3Lo or the 2A with it.

_________________
Because I believe Mao Asada will be the "Princess of Winter" and win Olympic gold.
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:11 pm

I was thinking, since Mao seems fired up about wanting to win again, does that mean she will chose a more CoP friendly path? Because she did state that she wants to learn more about GOE. I really hope Mao finds a someone who really understands this system. Even if she opts for challenging layouts, she needs to win by strategy under the CoP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : Place of Happiness :D

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:19 pm

aoi88 wrote:
I was thinking, since Mao seems fired up about wanting to win again, does that mean she will chose a more CoP friendly path? Because she did state that she wants to learn more about GOE. I really hope Mao finds a someone who really understands this system. Even if she opts for challenging layouts, she needs to win by strategy under the CoP.

I think this decision will really depend on her new coach and what he/she wants to do- which is likely gain points with this system.

I'm quite curious to see who her new coach will be...afterall, the next season isn't so far away...only 7 months till October haha. I'm so excited I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 31
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:14 pm

alyssa wrote:

Well, do you think there's a possibility Mao will skate to Caprice in the future? That would be gorgeous (Although I'd miss the fan Razz ). She normally doesn't repeat music, but since she used Masquerade again, I guess we can dream about it. Razz

By the way, does she have a special designer create her outfits or she and Tat choose them? They've been so.... uh... strange recently.

I think there is a possibility for this, but I don't think it's a very high possibility. I for one hope that she get's all fresh programs. I'm already anxious to find out what songs she will be using next season! (Crossing my fingers for Tchaikovsky! - But not holding my breath at all. Haha!)

I also am praying to God that she does not let Tat design her outfits from now on, and goes to another designer! Although her Caprice dress was great... but I don't think the same designer did that one as her other dresses this season. Except maybe for the black and blue dress she only wore once.

Btw alyssa, I was never angry with you Smile

aoi88 wrote:

I was thinking, since Mao seems fired up about wanting to win again, does that mean she will chose a more CoP friendly path? Because she did state that she wants to learn more about GOE. I really hope Mao finds a someone who really understands this system. Even if she opts for challenging layouts, she needs to win by strategy under the CoP.

What I gather from things Mao has said since the Olympics, this is definitely one thing she wants to work on. I think she's well aware that she has to be more Gop friendly, and I'm also sure she's looking for a coach who can help her with that. Hopefully when she talks to the judges about getting more Goe on her 3A, they can also give her lots of other pointers in other areas as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
peachbibby

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 45
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Yes,why not some artists like Ennio Morricone or Joe Hisahishi? *-*
it would make me so happy!They're genius like her <3
i think that the 3A is the most safe jump she coul do now,and i'd like to see a 3A 2L 2L *-*
i know it's only a dream but it will be so gorgeus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:52 pm

I was wondering if it one of the criteria for Mao's coach is to be able to come to her rink. I think she has been criticized for not leaving her home to train. Is it not possible for Mao to leave her home to train?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1726
Join date : 2008-11-05
Age : 33
Location : On the T-M ship!

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 pm

aoi88 wrote:
I was wondering if it one of the criteria for Mao's coach is to be able to come to her rink. I think she has been criticized for not leaving her home to train. Is it not possible for Mao to leave her home to train?

It's not that it's 'not possible'--Mao lived in California for 1.5 years, and it's certainly financially feasible for her, but the real question is does Mao WANT to live abroad?

I think this is another tough question that Mao has to face (or perhaps has already answered for herself). Does she want to win so badly that she will leave behind her family (well, most likely her father and Mai), Aero, Machiko-sensei, her friends at Chuukyou, etc? And Japan itself--let's not forget that Mao LOVES Japan; she loves the food, she loves being there.

Will the training abroad really be superior if she's miserably homesick?

Personally, I feel that the foundation for everything with Mao is LOVE. She LOVES skating, she LOVES her family, she LOVES Japan, and Japan LOVES her. Many Hearts

I'm not sure how much of that she'd be willing to give up, just to (hopefully) win...

_________________
Because I believe Mao Asada will be the "Princess of Winter" and win Olympic gold.
http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
I was wondering if it one of the criteria for Mao's coach is to be able to come to her rink. I think she has been criticized for not leaving her home to train. Is it not possible for Mao to leave her home to train?

It's not that it's 'not possible'--Mao lived in California for 1.5 years, and it's certainly financially feasible for her, but the real question is does Mao WANT to live abroad?

I think this is another tough question that Mao has to face (or perhaps has already answered for herself). Does she want to win so badly that she will leave behind her family (well, most likely her father and Mai), Aero, Machiko-sensei, her friends at Chuukyou, etc? And Japan itself--let's not forget that Mao LOVES Japan; she loves the food, she loves being there.

Will the training abroad really be superior if she's miserably homesick?

Personally, I feel that the foundation for everything with Mao is LOVE. She LOVES skating, she LOVES her family, she LOVES Japan, and Japan LOVES her. Many Hearts

I'm not sure how much of that she'd be willing to give up, just to (hopefully) win...

True. Hmm. It'll be best then if she finds a Japanese coach. Do you think a Japanese coach will be more willing to go to her or Mao to the coach since it's still in the same country?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bekalc



Posts : 35
Join date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:54 am

tianrushui wrote:
[
Seriously,I think the chance of Yuna learning 3A is the same as Mao learning quad. And the possibility of they would succeed is also the same.
If Kim really plans to stay, IMO,she needs to add something to her jump layout. Judges won't like a skater without any change.

As long as Yu-na is doing 3lutz/3toes and double axel/3toes, and nobody else is or doing it consistently. Kim will be fine. She can always improve artistry wise with new types or programs styles. She though may want to work on the 3axel, in case Mao gets better or Mirai starts landing 3/3s.

As for Mao, if she wants to stay in Japan, she totally should. But clearly the current training situation isn't working. There are plenty of coaches in Japan, so should get a Japanese coach. But, she needs to be willing to train at that coach's rink if necessary. A lot of the Japanese coaches have other students, and aren't necessarily going to be willing to leave their students, for one student no matter how talented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1773
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 28
Location : Tokyo Francisco

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:11 am

bekalc wrote:
But, she needs to be willing to train at that coach's rink if necessary. A lot of the Japanese coaches have other students, and aren't necessarily going to be willing to leave their students, for one student no matter how talented.
Terrible idea. There's no point in having access to Chukyo's ice rink if Mao did that. And contrary to what you said, most of the Aichi (specifically Nagoya and its suburbs) based coaches - and skaters - are more than happy to travel all the way to Chukyo. Akiko is based on Houwa Sports Land's rink but both she and Coach Nagakubo make use of the Aurora Rink's facilities frequently. Same goes for Machiko Yamada and Yuko Monna. cat

_________________
"She's like...a souffle on the ice." -Dick Button
☆ Mao-chan Supporter ★ ~真央ちゃん頑張れぇ~ ☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 31
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:30 pm

aoi88 wrote:

True. Hmm. It'll be best then if she finds a Japanese coach. Do you think a Japanese coach will be more willing to go to her or Mao to the coach since it's still in the same country?

Usually the skater has to come to the coach, especially if the coach is based a long ways away. And especially if the coach has other students, as someone else already said. Mao should be able to find a good coach who is local to her, or if not, one who is willing to go out of his or her way to coach her. Afterall she's special. Not just your every day skater.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Maya
Double Axel
Double Axel
avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2008-05-15
Age : 27
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:54 pm

clovera wrote:

Terrible idea. There's no point in having access to Chukyo's ice rink if Mao did that. And contrary to what you said, most of the Aichi (specifically Nagoya and its suburbs) based coaches - and skaters - are more than happy to travel all the way to Chukyo. Akiko is based on Houwa Sports Land's rink but both she and Coach Nagakubo make use of the Aurora Rink's facilities frequently. Same goes for Machiko Yamada and Yuko Monna. cat

I disagree with this point. I think Mao should make compromises more often if she wants to change and become a better skater than she already is.
If she finds a good coach who happens to live in the USA, in Russia, in Canada or somewhere else and who has his base there and who maybe trains other skaters as well, then she should definitely move there.
I fear it might be hard to get a really good coach who wants live in Japan 24/7(if he or she isn't Japanese in this case).
Mao has done it before and I think the time when she trained with Arutunian was very efficient. I know she got very homesick and missed Japan, but living abroad and gaining new experiences only will do good.
It helped many skaters, for instance Yu-Na, Miki or Nobunari.
Mao has her own skating rink and that's great and if she finds a competent coach who's willing to train her in Nagoya, then I'll be more than glad.
But if that's not the case she should be making some sacrifices IMHO.


Last edited by Maya on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 404
Join date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:10 pm

I am wondering if there is a contract between Mao and Chukyo rink that constrains her. The Chukyo rink is mainly build for her, if she left, it will lose it's original meaning. Is this one possible reason that she doesn't want to leave besides all those homesick reasons?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 663
Join date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:14 pm

In order to win, you need to give up something. I think finding a coach outside of Japan is the right step to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:26 pm

I think her university and people who build the rink for her will understand if she goes abroad to train if it is to get better results in the long run. Also, I think the rink can be used for younger skaters. It doesn't have to be left for no use if Mao leaves for some reason. I really think the JSF should encourage Mao to find the best coach whether it is overseas or Japan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 31
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Let's not forget guys, Mao is in school too. I don't know how it works in Japan, but if you're going to college in the US, you can't continue to go the school if you aren't attending. I imagine it's not very differnt in other countries. Mao will have to find a local coach, or one who is willing to come to her.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1773
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 28
Location : Tokyo Francisco

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Er...did people even read the article (and its translations) that Batsuchan and I brought up in the Olympics thread? Sweatdrop It clearly stated that the JSF wants a *Japanese* rinkside coach - the foreign coach idea that some people are bringing up here is a moot point. As Star85 mentioned, Mao is a college student as well and in Japan transferring units and temporarily withdrawing from universities aren't as easy a process compared to the States.

I can't wait to know who the coach will be! Cheering

_________________
"She's like...a souffle on the ice." -Dick Button
☆ Mao-chan Supporter ★ ~真央ちゃん頑張れぇ~ ☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 404
Join date : 2007-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Miki is also a college student in Chukyo University and she trains in the States sometime. How does she manage to do this? I am just curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:42 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Miki is also a college student in Chukyo University and she trains in the States sometime. How does she manage to do this? I am just curious.

I think she trains at Chukyo just for competitions that are held in Japan or that are near Japan, like Nationals. I also remember Miki trained there before the 2008 4CC.

_________________
Go Miki!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1294
Join date : 2009-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Well apparently, Yuna is also enrolled in a college, but she hardly ever goes!
I heard the university awards them diplomas in exchange for the fame they bring. So maybe Miki does a similar thing. So I think it's not a big deal for Mao to not go to school regularly, unless Mao is actually very serious about academics. I think the main thing is not the school, but Mao's attachment to her family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 31
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:52 pm

clovera wrote:
Er...did people even read the article (and its translations) that Batsuchan and I brought up in the Olympics thread? Sweatdrop It clearly stated that the JSF wants a *Japanese* rinkside coach - the foreign coach idea that some people are bringing up here is a moot point. As Star85 mentioned, Mao is a college student as well and in Japan transferring units and temporarily withdrawing from universities aren't as easy a process compared to the States.

I can't wait to know who the coach will be! Cheering

Uhhh, I admit, I didn't read that one Embarassed Hehe... Thanks for clearing that up though Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1773
Join date : 2008-07-05
Age : 28
Location : Tokyo Francisco

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:59 pm

tianrushui wrote:
Miki is also a college student in Chukyo University and she trains in the States sometime. How does she manage to do this? I am just curious.
I think Miki herself stated that she spends her time evenly between Japan and the States in a previous interview. Very Happy

As far as I know Mao, Miki, and Kozu are in Chukyo University's School of Health and Sports Sciences so they are given a bit of a leeway when it comes to academics. That said, they *do* attend classes - just not to the extent and academic intensity of, say, Shizuka or Yukari who were both in Waseda University's School of Human and Social Sciences. Razz

_________________
"She's like...a souffle on the ice." -Dick Button
☆ Mao-chan Supporter ★ ~真央ちゃん頑張れぇ~ ☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics   

Back to top Go down
 
Thoughts on Mao's strategy post-Olympics
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Womens Boxing in the Olympics - What's Your Thoughts?
» Olympics Post Mortem
» POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t
» Favorite Post Golf Drink
» To those who love to bet golf- Golf Bet Format: 'Olympics'

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Mao Chat-
Jump to: