HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
coolmeia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 pm

For me, I think it's time to move on. I would love Mao to train with someone new. One thing that I really don't like about TAT is why she make an EX program way way better than the competitive programs when Mao need to win is the competitive programs, not the EX program.Disappointed Also, most of the ladies who went to her seem to have a lot of trouble throughout the season. For ex. shizuka 9th @ world, sasha finish both 4th place @ World. Same thing for Mao, she finished 4th @ last world championship too. Therefore, I really think it's time for Mao to leave TAT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:48 am

She has already leaved TAT. Elena, the bloger, is very well known journalist in Russian sport. She wrote her own book about figure skating, mainly focused on Torino Olympics. She posted an article about Mao's training in summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:48 am

I don't think it is any single factor that resulted in Mao having all these problems this season. Just as it is terribly unfair to blame TAT for Mao's troubles with the 'Bells' program, it is also grossly unfair to allocate the blame to Mao's mother.

Parents may not be coaches, but that does not mean they do not know what is good for their children. They may not always know what is best, but they shouldn't be expected to. Learning is a lifelong process. Mao's and Mai's parents have done a superb job, raising two talented and wonderful young women.

And, of course, it's certainly not Mao's fault. Mao has done exceptionally well under the circumstances. In fact, I consider Mao's mistakes during her Olympics LP to be merely the result of momentary nerves rather than some long-standing issue. Mao knows she can do the 'Bells' program perfectly in competition. We know that she can do it perfectly.

So, whose fault is it? With all due respect, I find finger-pointing to be extremely unhelpful. Mao certainly has never blamed anyone apart from herself. She does have a tendency to be too harsh on herself, but her work ethic is first-rate. One of the many, many things I admire about her. Yep!

Know your weaknesses, and improve on them. That seems to be Mao's approach. And I think it's a good one Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:02 pm

The other day I watched a fluff piece from 2002 Olympics about Yagudin and Plushenko. As we all know, their rivarly was pretty heated back then. In order to beat Plushenko, Yagudin made a lot of changes including his diet. It seems that Yagudin's strategy revolved around how to beat his rival. On the other hand, I feel Mao's priority seems always seems to be delivering the best performances. Of course, she would like to win, but if Mao's real focus was beating Yuna, then she would have made all the necessary changes in order to gain the judges' favor. I feel the same way about Dai's decision to do the quad. It's more about a sense of self-victory with Japanese skaters. I really admire Mao's committment to her goals, but do you think it would have been smarter to take a more strategic path as Yagudin did?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:30 pm

aoi88 wrote:
I feel the same way about Dai's decision to do the quad. It's more about a sense of self-victory with Japanese skaters. I really admire Mao's committment to her goals, but do you think it would have been smarter to take a more strategic path as Yagudin did?
We'll never know. Razz There's no telling if Mao adopting a more "strategic" approach would have resulted in better results (granted, Mao's competitive record is quite impressive as is), but I think it's safe to say that Mao herself wouldn't have been satisfied had she stuck with CoP-"smart" technical content. Skate Canada 07 gave us the first glimpse of this, but Mao just isn't someone who'll, for example, insert a 2A SEQ to squeeze in more points.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:02 pm

clovera wrote:
Skate Canada 07 gave us the first glimpse of this, but Mao just isn't someone who'll, for example, insert a 2A SEQ to squeeze in more points.

Actually, I think Mao's LP at Skate Canada was one of her most beautiful ones... Her smile after 3F-2L and at the end of the program (Swoon), the little details like arm weave after the spread eagle... I don't think Mao was unhappy at the end, her smile looked so genuine. flower

I actually think that Mao (IMHO) took a bit safe route this season. By keeping the same jump layout in the LP and keeping Masquerade, and dumping 3-3s, 3Lz, 3S, 'Tano jumps, the compact donut spin and some transition moves, not having new spirals as she usually does...
And all those things made 3As a bit less impressive to the general public, because then they look not as a challenge, but as an attempt to make up the lost points for the jumps that Mao can't do. Especially since this season Mao made unusual for her mistakes on 3L, 3F and 2A.

But I agree that this season probably nothing could be done... I don't think that Mao could keep her 3A AND the rest of the jumps AND have new, original programs. In the end, 3A was perhaps much easier for her to master than 3Lz, 3S or 3-3s.

I think that Mao overdid things during the recent 2 seasons, trying to learn too many things at once (3x3As, 3F-3L, 3L-3L, 3L-3L-2L, 3F-3L-2L, 3T-3T, 2A-3T, 3S, 3Lz, fixing 3F, getting a solo 3T out of steps, improving steps, attempting 3A-3T, learning 'Tano jumps, getting new spin positions (broken camel and compact donut), probably much more things.... I think it would take a superhuman to master so many new techniques... I'd rather see less of them, but mastered completely and kept in Mao's programs, not abandoned after a few tries. Worship

I hope Mao won't fall in this trap again this season (the reports about Mao wanting to do 3-3s, and 3Lz, and 3S, AND quads are a bit worrying). I would rather see 3Lz and 2A-3T mastered at first... (3A-2T and 3Lz in the SP, and 2A-3T in the LP)
Then, next season, 3F-3T (or 3F-3L) and 3S... Then maybe other 3-3 or attempted quad, or 3-3 and 3A out of steps in the SP. Smile

Ganbatte, Mao! Cheering

kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:34 pm

interview clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28XKbXHE6dw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:34 pm

3アクセルを支えた立役者! 牧野講平トレーナー
part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49WnmKY6fnQ
part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHK_wVlftek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:20 pm

kirakira wrote:
3アクセルを支えた立役者! 牧野講平トレーナー

Ahhh! Much appreciated if anyone could give (even a brief) translation!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:06 pm

inskate wrote:

Actually, I think Mao's LP at Skate Canada was one of her most beautiful ones... Her smile after 3F-2L and at the end of the program (Swoon), the little details like arm weave after the spread eagle... I don't think Mao was unhappy at the end, her smile looked so genuine. flower

I agree with that! That ending pose was priceless! I love you

inskate wrote:
I hope Mao won't fall in this trap again this season (the reports about Mao wanting to do 3-3s, and 3Lz, and 3S, AND quads are a bit worrying). I would rather see 3Lz and 2A-3T mastered at first... (3A-2T and 3Lz in the SP, and 2A-3T in the LP)
Then, next season, 3F-3T (or 3F-3L) and 3S... Then maybe other 3-3 or attempted quad, or 3-3 and 3A out of steps in the SP. Smile

Ganbatte, Mao! Cheering

I agree with you, inskate, that perhaps Mao did try too many things at once, and thus was not able to fully master everything. Yep!

I don't think you have to worry about the quad; I think Mao will just be doing them for fun, at least for the mean time. Very Happy

In the press conference after the short, Mao did say she wants to bring back the 3F-3Lo, and I really want to see her do that. I think that this is something she's been practicing all along; she just hasn't used it because as inskate said, she played it safe this year.

She definitely needs to get the 3Lz. I think having a solid 3-3 and a solid 3Lz are key. Yep!

I'm not so convinced about the 2A-3T though. A lot of the top skaters do them, so it wouldn't be unique to Mao, AND her 2A-3T might compare unfavorably with Yu-Na's or Miki's. And for some reason Mao used to always struggle with this combo (but maybe less so now that her 3T is so solid). I think I'd rather see her get the 3F-3T back. Very Happy

In fact, I'd love for her to go back to her 2008 Worlds layout. Get in one triple axel, hit it HUGE, and then go for the two triple-triples because THAT'S something that none of the other ladies do. Yep!

But, I think we might see Mao go for a 3A-3T. And though it may not get her all the points she should get, I can't criticize her desire to push her limits....not at all. Thumbs up!

kirakira wrote:

interview clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28XKbXHE6dw

This is from before Worlds. Mao said that it was a really weird season. Like she could do jumps in practice and then not do them in the competition; and then she'd completely get thrown off and not be able to jump at all. So it was very weird.

Mao also said what she's been saying all along--that the first half of her free program was the best all season, so she was really upset that she made mistakes in the end. But she was able to get a medal, and she felt kind of relieved that a big competition was over. So then she wanted to do her best at Worlds and not have any regrets.

Off to watch the other clip now!

View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:41 pm

kirakira wrote:
3アクセルを支えた立役者! 牧野講平トレーナー

ROTFLMAO Around 3:00 everyone is like, oh, Makino-san is so good-looking. Imoto (the lady in the uniform) asks him if he's married, and he says no, and then she asks how old he is. ROTFLMAO

Makki says he can't skate, he can't do a single axel, but he was able to help her with her triple axel with training.

As we know from the "Mao-rashiku" article from 2009, Makki says he was surprised when he first met Mao, because she was only as strong as your average high school girl. And yet, she was already the world champion. Hell, no! (That's because she's a genius! )

People in the background are like, "Wow, Chuukyou Uni is amazing!" That training center is pretty awesome! I didn't realize that was Chuukyou Uni! I thought that was a Weider training site or something!

Part 2

Makki shows Imoto some of the training for Mao's triple axel. To improve her balance for the take-off, she practiced on that round ball thing. Imoto tries to balance on it and Makki says that maybe if she trains for 5 years she could do it. ROTFLMAO

The second training exercise is to build upper body strength, so Mao can pull her arms in and form a rotation axis quickly.

He sets the weight at 40kg (20kg on each side)--which is just about Mao's body weight. That's how Mao trains.

The third exercise is to strengthen her back so that she can form a very straight/vertical axis in the air. Mao does 30 of those.

Around 4:55, they talk about the 'secret strategy' for Worlds--apparently to train for the time difference, Mao practiced from 1-3 AM. (See, this is why the whole time difference thing doesn't worry me. Yep! )

At the end, the two ladies are going on and on about how handsome Makino is, and how they were surprised that he was so good-looking, and the guy is like, "you two want to do training with him now, right?" ROTFLMAO

sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:56 pm

THANKS Batsuchan!!!

I love Makki too! lol...I wonder if his "no" to being married means he is single ROTFLMAO

I wonder if he's going to stay on Mao's team after the Weider contract is over...please do!

And Mao works so amazingly hard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:11 am

sapphiresky wrote:
I love Makki too! lol...I wonder if his "no" to being married means he is single ROTFLMAO

I feel like I read somewhere that he has a girlfriend...? But I could be making that up... Too sweet!

YES, Makki will be staying with Mao for the next four years. Happy dance I have to check this myself, but I think the latest Weider clip or something said that they'll continue to work together...will go look for that.

From the article that kirakira posted in the Worlds thread:
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20100328-611201.html

When asked what she plans to do next season, Mao said, "I'm not sure yet. I think I can increase the variety of jumps I do, and there are still many elements I have to do. I haven't decided yet, but I want to find a coach who can help me on the technical side."

Hmm, who will the new coach be, I wonder???? Very Happy

alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:15 am

inskate wrote:

That was when she first captivated me. Many Hearts

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Article Link

"Figure Skating: World Championships" ◇ 5 day ◇ ◇ 27th, Turin, Itatly

Women's Mao Asada (19 = Chukyo) is the new queen and has returned to become the queen after two years. Previously in the short program (SP) she finished second and also second in the free that total into 197.58 points. This is Japan's first ever Olympian to win the championships after the games. Vancouver Olympic gold medalist Kim Yu-Na finished in 7th place in the SP and finished with a total of 190.79 in second place. In the Senoir Grand prix Kim has won 6 times and lost 4 times to Asada.

Lepistö Laura (FIN) was third. SP11 place Miki Ando (Toyota Motor) was ranked third in the free but finished fourth. SP20 ranked Akiko Suzuki (Kunikazu Sports Land) finished with 160.04 points in 11th. SP leader Mirai Nagasu (USA) ranked 7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:54 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
I can't wait to find out myself. I love you I wonder when the announcement will be made?

Speaking of coaches... (slightly off-topic, my apologies in advance)
www.sanspo.com/sports/news/100329/spm1003290131001-n1.htm
Morozov's returning to Moscow, but it looks like Miki + the Reeds will relocate to Russia as well and continue being coached by him. Tono, on the other hand, will end their partnership and is going to find a new coach - at least that's what the article is saying.

☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:18 pm

clovera wrote:
Batsuchan wrote:
I can't wait to find out myself. I love you I wonder when the announcement will be made?

Morozov's returning to Moscow, but it looks like Miki + the Reeds will relocate to Russia as well and continue being coached by him. Tono, on the other hand, will end their partnership and is going to find a new coach - at least that's what the article is saying.

It also says that their contract has expired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:30 pm

Oh, that's too bad. I think Nobunari was doing well with Nikolai!

Sad, Lonely

Completely off-topic, but will there be a 2010 Japan Open?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:55 pm

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/100329/spm1003290505006-n1.htm
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/100329/spm1003290505006-n2.htm
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2010/03/29/19.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
I think I'd rather see her get the 3F-3T back. Very Happy

In fact, I'd love for her to go back to her 2008 Worlds layout. Get in one triple axel, hit it HUGE, and then go for the two triple-triples because THAT'S something that none of the other ladies do. Yep!

But, I think we might see Mao go for a 3A-3T. And though it may not get her all the points she should get, I can't criticize her desire to push her limits....not at all. Thumbs up!

I agree! Mao's 3F-3T was just awesome! I used to love that jump combination.
The more I think about, the more your comment about a 2008-reminiscent jump layout sounds good to me. Maybe not the exact same thing...but I know Mao could land two triple-triple combinations in one program. She certainly has the stamina--I think if anything it would be a mental/confidence issue.

Well, whatever Mao decides on, I can't wait!! Starting with a new coach is like starting with a clean, new slate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:51 pm

sigh... another tough season.

Daisuke decided to get surgery in May to remove bolt which is in his knee. And to rehabilitate his knee, he won't be able to be in a rink for a month.

http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20100329-611671.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:09 pm

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/100329/spm1003290544010-n1.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:36 pm

clovera wrote:

Oh, that's sad. Nobu & Nikolai seemed to get along so well, and Miki seemed the happiest when she had a friend with her to talk to and fool around with. Sad, Lonely

Although I wondered what will happen - I had read that Morozov plans to relocate to Russia, while Nobunari wants to continue his education at the Kansai University - I hoped that they will find some way to continue their working relationship. Not lo long Morozov said that he wants to continue working with Nobu until Sochi Sad
Are there any coaches in Japan available..? silent It seems to me that the most known coaches already have talented skaters under their care. And considering that Mao is looking for a new coach, too... I wonder if there are any chances of a good coach relocating to Japan...

clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 am

inskate wrote:
Are there any coaches in Japan available..? silent It seems to me that the most known coaches already have talented skaters under their care. And considering that Mao is looking for a new coach, too... I wonder if there are any chances of a good coach relocating to Japan...
I'm not too familiar with the local skating program within the Kansai region; all I know is that Kansai University's skating club serves as its major "hub" and a good chunk of coaches teach there. I wonder if Tono's considering going to a foreign coach? Neutral

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20100329-OHT1T00115.htm
Nothing too groundbreaking, but here's a brief summary:
Like a Star @ heaven Mao's interested in skating to soft music next season
Like a Star @ heaven Wants to practice ballet more, and maybe watch some theatre as inspiration
Like a Star @ heaven She'll obviously remain in Chukyo University
Like a Star @ heaven Plans to put the 3-3 back and the 3A in her programs (so as many of us guessed, a return to the 07-08 layout in some fashion?)

sweetdream
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 am

hmm... wasn't it a 3f-3lp? I remember her doing the loop as a second jump and this is what makes mao chan so different. I mean no one else (I think as of now) who does a 3lp especially the top ladies.

Would really love for mao chan to get her 3-3 back! Very Happy I love her loop so pretty! (without change of foot somemore!)

MaoMaoRevolution wrote:
Batsuchan wrote:
I think I'd rather see her get the 3F-3T back. Very Happy

I agree! Mao's 3F-3T was just awesome! I used to love that jump combination.
The more I think about, the more your comment about a 2008-reminiscent jump layout sounds good to me. Maybe not the exact same thing...but I know Mao could land two triple-triple combinations in one program. She certainly has the stamina--I think if anything it would be a mental/confidence issue.

Well, whatever Mao decides on, I can't wait!! Starting with a new coach is like starting with a clean, new slate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   

Back to top Go down

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next