HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 pm

I was able to translate this article. Quite busy, sorry =/..

The cosmetic company < 再春館製薬所> conducted a survey for 600 20-49 year old women. The question was "Who has the best natural skin and beauty?" The results of the survey was announced.
Female athletes that fascinate everybody with natural beauty is none other than Mao Asada who won a silver medal at the Vancouver Olympics. "To feel a since of brilliance inside" "She's really cute and beautiful too." were valid reasons why she was chosen. She collected 25% of the total votes with 93 in total.
Second was Aiko Uemura. "I do not think of 30 when I look at her, I admire her so much."
The following were the rest of the results:
1st place: Mao Asada (figure skating)
2nd: Aiko Uemura (Mogul)
3rd: Miwa Asao (beach volleyball)
th: Motohashi Mari (curling)
5th: Kimiko Date Krumm (Tennis)
6th: Mai Asada (Figures skating)
7th: Miki Ando (figure skating)
8th: Reiko Shiota (badminton)
9th: Tomomi Okazaki (speed skating)
9th: Ai Fukuhara (table tennis)

Source: Article Link (Sanspo)
Translation: ☆Genie@maoasada.logu2.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks for the translation, ☆Genie! Mao really does have beautiful skin. And beautiful hair, as well Yep!.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:31 pm

Vancouver Olympic figure skater, Mao Asada, who won the Olympic silver medal attended a press conference at Chukyo University. After the olympics,"When I came back, I was delighted because of the people cheering. I will work hard for Sochi," she said with a smile.

About 700 students filled the lecture hall, and looked at the silver medal on Mao's neck. "Oh It's Mao!" a voice said. Asada responded by shaking his hand.
Students asked about the preparations before the skate. She replied saying before the short program she would eat a rice ball. She was able to put on a good performance and gained a personal best score for this season. Before the press conference, she was able to meet Machiko Yamada (66) and said "I tried really hard" with a hug.

Asada will be going to the World Championships that will be held in Turin, Italy.
"The silver medal is always insight of me, I want to forget the feeling of dissappointment and be more happy."
Source: Asahi Article
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:19 pm

☆Genie wrote:

Vancouver Olympic figure skater, Mao Asada, who won the Olympic silver medal attended a press conference at Chukyo University. After the olympics,"When I came back, I was delighted because of the people cheering. I will work hard for Sochi," she said with a smile.

About 700 students filled the lecture hall, and looked at the silver medal on Mao's neck. "Oh It's Mao!" a voice said. Asada responded by shaking his hand.
Students asked about the preparations before the skate. She replied saying before the short program she would eat a rice ball. She was able to put on a good performance and gained a personal best score for this season. Before the press conference, she was able to meet Machiko Yamada (66) and said "I tried really hard" with a hug.

Asada will be going to the World Championships that will be held in Turin, Italy.
"The silver medal is always insight of me, I want to forget the feeling of dissappointment and be more happy."
Source: Asahi Article

Yum! I love rice balls and I used to eat them all the time as a quick snack when I lived in Taiwan.

And I am loving Mao's attitude. Thumbs up! She seems happy, focused, and motivated. I have no doubt she'll be ready to give her best performance in Turin. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:30 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:27 am

Thank you for the translation, ☆Genie ! Love Hearts

And the link as well, kirakira! Razz

Like a Star @ heaven An article from Lifeskate:

"Finally a smile from Mao Asada"

http://www.lifeskate.com/skate/2010/02/finally-a-smile-from-mao-asada.html

Like a Star @ heaven Review/Report of Ladies' Event by Naoki Tanaka on Sports@nifty - a site that Batsuchan mentioned before. Razz

http://iceblue.cocolog-nifty.com/figure/cat7988201/index.html

Enjoy! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Going to be away for a couple of days. Busy with school.

[center]
Vancouver Olympic Games, players that impressed you the most? Th questionnaire reported that Mao Asada, was the winner with 321 votes. She gained lots of support from more than 40 teenagers. Following bellow her was Daisuke Takahashi, figure skating, and the speed skating team pursuit.

Q: In your Vancouver Olympics, the most impressive player?

1, Mao Asada 321

2, Daisuke Takahashi, 160

3, Japan national women's team pursuit speed skating 152

4, Aiko Uemura 119

5, Others 107

6, Japan national curling 67

7, Akiko Suzuki 61

8, 37 Ishida Masako

9, Kazuhiro Kokubo 27

10, Miki Ando, 18

1152 valid votes

The main opinions follows:

-Mao Asada impressed~!
"Mao and Yuna had a rivalry. She had a tough season, but overcame. Although there was too much pressure to deliver the long-awaited gold medal. I was pleased to see the beautiful finish. I felt that Mao Asada short program should have been better in scores, 1 to 2 points." ((60 year-old women)
"She has a charm that appeals to women and grandchildren as they grow up" (70 year old)
"Had a strong feeling to win the Olympics, I felt great to see Mao because she is the essence of a good athlete," (40 year old women)
"Biased judging and the unfair jump evulation, I was fighting hard and believed in Mao. My son, supporters, and family will keep on supporting Mao."
Source: Article Link

Sorry if some my translations are funky and weird. I'm actually Korean/Japanese living in Canada. I'm a supporter of both Mao & YuNa Smile! My Japanese is rusty, hopefully I'll get it to the same level it was before haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:38 pm

I didn't know you were Japanese and Korean, ☆Genie! That's so cool! My brother also has two nationalities. He's American and Portuguese.

Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:04 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
I didn't know you were Japanese and Korean, ☆Genie! That's so cool! My brother also has two nationalities. He's American and Portuguese.

Razz

Yeah, I am. My korean is better than my Japanese, but my english is the best. zzz. I'll translate more when I have time. Projects...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mika

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:14 am

I'm sorry if somebody posted this already. Another tribute to Mao
This time, it's not piano, but the step sequence!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nepp9yDSKmQ

I don't know his name, but I heard he competed in the US Jr Nationals this year. He's quite impressive, but maybe the PASSION will be a good spice!

I heard Kozuka often copy the other skaters' step sequences. He said both Mao and Yukari taught him their footwork sequences from Fantaisie-Impromptu, and he also mastered Dai's and Stephane's using the videos. Interestingly, though he's very versatile, he couldn't master Mao's Fantasy for Violin... because that footwork needs flexibility like Mao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mitsuno

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:05 am

☆Genie wrote:
Vancouver Olympic Games, players that impressed you the most? Th questionnaire reported that Mao Asada, was the winner with 321 votes. She gained lots of support from more than 40 teenagers. Following bellow her was Daisuke Takahashi, figure skating, and the speed skating team pursuit.

Thanks for the article Genie!
Those who supported Mao the most, according to this article are people in their 40s and above. I guess they look upon Mao like their own daughter/ grand daughter.

So you speak three languages! It's realy awesome that this forum has so many members speaking more than one language cheers
I wish I'd studied French and Spanish much harder when I was in school... Sweatdrop

mika wrote:

Wow WOW!
That's super great! Now I want to find out what his name is...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:16 pm

mitsuno wrote:
☆Genie wrote:

Thanks for the article Genie!
Those who supported Mao the most, according to this article are people in their 40s and above. I guess they look upon Mao like their own daughter/ grand daughter.

So you speak three languages! It's realy awesome that this forum has so many members speaking more than one language cheers
I wish I'd studied French and Spanish much harder when I was in school... Sweatdrop

mika wrote:

Wow WOW!
That's super great! Now I want to find out what his name is...

wow opps.. must have read it wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:58 pm

mika wrote:
I heard Kozuka often copy the other skaters' step sequences. He said both Mao and Yukari taught him their footwork sequences from Fantaisie-Impromptu, and he also mastered Dai's and Stephane's using the videos. Interestingly, though he's very versatile, he couldn't master Mao's Fantasy for Violin... because that footwork needs flexibility like Mao

Too sweet! Awww, so cute! flower

Thanks for the translation ☆Genie and mitsuno!
I didn't think Mao could get any more popular! Razz

I definitely think of her as a little sister or niece or something--someone who you just want to see smile and be happy! I love you

View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:45 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:29 pm

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2917589

I read this article and it made me so mad. It accuses Mao of blaming unfair judging for losing the OGM and it also implies that Kim should have won in 2008. I don't think the Japanese media are the only ones twisting the facts just to favor their own skater. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:06 pm

- Kim always said, “Third place is a good accomplishment” and “I do not skate to beat someone else.” She did not complain once about the unfair judgments that dogged her until the Olympics. -

Is it from any comical report? This is the funniest part. lol!

- Nevertheless, since the Games Asada has spoken as if she just missed the gold medal because of unfair scoring. -

Is this guy nuts? When did he hear Mao saying such thing? Maybe from SBS. scratch

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 pm

Blah, blah, blah, this is why I stopped reading the Korean news...

But of course, the Japanese news is not much better. Looks like Jack Gallagher is all full of praise for Mao again now that she won the silver medal.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20100310it.html
Yeah, I'm not forgetting all those ridiculous comment he made about Mao needing to move to Morozov ASAP. Very Mad Very Mad

And to make things EVEN better, it seems that Gallagher has copied parts of Mao's interview WORD-FOR-WORD from my translation. Which is fine, since I posted it for everyone to read, but a little credit to the Mao Asada Fan Forum (or FSU, wherever he got it), would've been nice!

Ok, so now that all that yucky stuff is off my chest...

Honda-announcer wrote a post about interviewing Mao on her blog on March 6!
http://weblog.ctv.co.jp/ehonda/top

She wrote:
The other day, I interviewed Mao Asada. She had returned home, so she had a relaxed expression.

In Vancouver, a lot of foreigners also told her "congratulations," so she seemed to be happy. The whole world was focused on the showdown between her and Yu-Na Kim, and everyone was praying for her to win a medal…but she seemed unaware of it all. (Laughs)

After the interview, Mao said, "You can wear the medal," and around my neck, she hung that "silver medal" filled with blood, sweat and tears. Amazing!!! It was quite heavy…Of course Mao-chan is so innocently sweet and kind; she's an angel-like girl*!

[The rest of the post is dedicated to Yukari Nakano's decision to retire.]

* Honda-announcer actually wrote "angel-like daughter," but I thought that sounded a bit strange in English. Still, I wanted to mention this because it illustrates mitsuno's point about how everyone thinks of Mao like their daughter/granddaughter. Wub

And here's an article I think you all WILL enjoy! flower
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2750139/kim_yuna_to_be_dethroned_at_2010_figure.html?cat=14

View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Batsuchan!Thumbs up!
Your entire post just made up for my crappy day. Jack Gallagher is nothing but a pushover who goes along with the hype of things. Who, me? He has no backbone & that was evident in how quickly he changed his tune about Mao. He has as much credibility as Phil Hersh- Commentator And he should really cite sources, *especially if it's from a very wonderful, informative & detailed blog where it's clearly evident that the author put forth a lot of love & effort into.
Way to go Kimi-chan! Cheering Doesn't he know it's called plagiarism if he doesn't? confused

Mao is definitely a sweetheart Love Hearts Both she and Honda-san possess this endearing & warm quality to their personality; very much approachable and unassuming.

And I loved the article you linked! It made me downright giddy Boogie
ITA with everything that was written in it. Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:16 am

Batsuchan, I would start up an entire new thread on how awesome you are and how grateful I am for all your translations and how much I enjoy reading your posts, except for the fact that I know you would just get really embarrassed at my effusive display of fangirl admiration. lol!

So, I'll just offer a simple but heartfelt 'thank you' instead. Thank you!

Same goes for everyone who has contributed to the Mao Asada forum. A heartfelt 'thank you' to all you wonderful, wonderful people for your insightful posts and for making this forum such a great place to visit! Cheering Many Hearts Cheering

And, of course, THANK YOU to the geniuses who created this site in the first place and the hard-working moderators who maintain this forum! Confetti Thank you! Confetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:21 am

Batsuchan wrote:
Blah, blah, blah, this is why I stopped reading the Korean news...

But of course, the Japanese news is not much better. Looks like Jack Gallagher is all full of praise for Mao again now that she won the silver medal.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sp20100310it.html
Yeah, I'm not forgetting all those ridiculous comment he made about Mao needing to move to Morozov ASAP. Very Mad Very Mad

And to make things EVEN better, it seems that Gallagher has copied parts of Mao's interview WORD-FOR-WORD from my translation. Which is fine, since I posted it for everyone to read, but a little credit to the Mao Asada Fan Forum (or FSU, wherever he got it), would've been nice!

I never remember to thank you for your translations, Batsuchan. I apologize. I know how hard it is to translate stuff regularly. So, huge THANKS for your hard work.

Otsukaresamadeshita! Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

Jack Gallagher is in my dark list now!

Quote :
And here's an article I think you all WILL enjoy! flower
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2750139/kim_yuna_to_be_dethroned_at_2010_figure.html?cat=14

This person read my mind. This is what I've been saying here and there. Ppl claim figure skating is not only about jumps, but jumps are the best thing Yuna has. She is certainly beaten in other elements, that's why I'll never accept her scores. Evil or Very Mad

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:36 am

Actually it's kinda funny that I keep reading stuff like Kim is the artistic one while Mao is the athletic one, because the fact is Yuna is not really winning based on PCS. She only gets a couple of points above Mao in PCS if they both skate clean, and that's probably because her programs have a wider appeal. She's winning on the technical side in terms of GOE. It's also funny (and kind of irritating) to hear some people say that Mao is not a graceful skater compared to Kim and Rochette. Rolling Eyes I mean have these people even watch her skate beyond this season? It seems there are some people who only tune in this season and then make judgments on skater based on one performance. Even Joannie herself claims that Mao is the most graceful skater on ice. cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sky

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:09 am

I stopped reading Korean news, too.
They are so rude Very Mad
It makes me so mad and not good for my health.

I just want to enjoy watching Mao's skating...and other skaters I like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:52 pm

It appears we were right in crowning Jack as Phil Hersh #2, no? Phil himself admitted to lurking around FSU and grabbing some of their punchlines so I'm not surprised at all if Jack did the same thing over here. Who, me?

Time to read Batsuchan's new blog post... cat

View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:37 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Actually it's kinda funny that I keep reading stuff like Kim is the artistic one while Mao is the athletic one, because the fact is Yuna is not really winning based on PCS. She only gets a couple of points above Mao in PCS if they both skate clean, and that's probably because her programs have a wider appeal. She's winning on the technical side in terms of GOE. It's also funny (and kind of irritating) to hear some people say that Mao is not a graceful skater compared to Kim and Rochette. Rolling Eyes I mean have these people even watch her skate beyond this season? It seems there are some people who only tune in this season and then make judgments on skater based on one performance. Even Joannie herself claims that Mao is the most graceful skater on ice. cat

ITA. I think alot of people and especially most 'journalists' who know nothing about figure skating, misunderstand what true artistry in the sport is. Also, even some hard core figure fans always bash quad jumpers like Plush and Joubert for no sense of artistry, which I think is totally wrong. So, I guess most folks have the tendency to think that skaters who can do difficult jumps=those who lack artistry. And it's absurd! Although, I do think that in Plushs' case, he doesn't express his music very well. But what Plush expresses in his skating is himself, and he does a great job on that! I can't help being sweet on Plush cause I love him so much, and I'd go as far as to say he's an artwork himself.

But as for Mao, she DOES express her music brilliantly (as long as she's in good condition). Especially with 'Bells of Moscow', however dark and gloomy the program and music may be, she illustrates that on the ice very well. People should realize that's exactly why that program gives a dark and heavy impression. She is expressing what should be expressed with Rafmaninovs' piece in the very right way. IMO Mao should be more credited than Yuna in PCS (especially interpretation of music and choreography).

As much as I think Yunas' Gershwin FP is beautiful to watch, I cannot find anything there to be understood nor appreciated from an artistic point of view. Without her great jumps, the program itself is nothing but a pretty girl skating around to the rythm of the music. Her sexy postures here and there adds great entertainment quality, but I wouldn't call that artistic, and they sure as hell isn't 'art'. I can enjoy that program as if it were a scene from a musical. For apparently, all Yuna is expressing in it is how attracting she can be. And yes, she is attractive. But not as charismatic as Plush. You gotta do stuff like 4-3-3s like him (with consistency, as if it were nothing), to reach the level of expressing nothing but yourself and truely amazing the audience, so that they'd never forget your performance. Yuna is far too young for that level, not to mention a 3-3 even with a lutz wouldn't be enough to get her there.

There's a part of me which still thinks that had she chosen a different FP for this season, Mao might have gotten OGM. But, she wanted to skate 'Bells...', and didn't give in to all the critisizm and bashing the program got. I used to think 'Bells...' weren't right for her at first, but I've totally changed my mind after seeing her performance at Nationals. That program may be far from gracious, soft and elegant; all the best qualities of Mao we all know of. But it has passion, strength, fighting spirit and nobility. Her spirals expressed strength to face any hardships, so different from the usual spirals done by others which all appeal the same feminine elegancy, over and over, as if spirals can express nothing more. That I think was an epoch-making spiral in figure skating. Plus I think that the same can be said for alot of other moves and facial expressions in 'Bells...'. No other choreographer but Tat would ever create a program like that for a female skater, and no other skater except Mao would have the bravery to try to master it. 'Bells...' was surely not the ideal program to win if you consider how the judges and the system are, but nevertheless I'm glad she chose to stick to it.

Besides, just comparing last seasons' 'Masuquerade Waltz'FP with this seasons' SP version, simply proves Mao is skilled in artistically expressing different themes, even to the same music.

Even if she returns to skating to softer music next season, from what she's achieved through the past years, I think her artistry will give much more depth to her gracefulness and elegance. I simply can't wait to see what she'll be performing for us next season. Am really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:21 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

But as for Mao, she DOES express her music brilliantly (as long as she's in good condition). Especially with 'Bells of Moscow', however dark and gloomy the program and music may be, she illustrates that on the ice very well. People should realize that's exactly why that program gives a dark and heavy impression. She is expressing what should be expressed with Rafmaninovs' piece in the very right way. IMO Mao should be more credited than Yuna in PCS (especially interpretation of music and choreography).

Totally agree. No offense to Yuna, but it's a lot easier to express more cheerful programs than darker ones. Bells carries a dramatic background that I'm sure few people could express.

I have to be honest and say that I'm not a fan of Bells myself, I'd never pick it were I a skater, however I do admit Mao translated its meaning beautifully and admire her courage to go on with it even knowing it wouldn't grant her so many points as a softer and cheerful music. That's the fighting spirit I love.

It's a shame judges don't acknowledge this kind of program, making figure skating kinda repetitive sometimes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   

Back to top Go down

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next