HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:53 pm

I just realized that at the beginning of Mao's documentary, the music they used was Yoko Kanno's "Power of Light" which I had posted in the Mao's strategy thread. I really like this composition because it's lively and cheerful and suits Mao's character well.

Here's the link again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGvt7oGPyQ&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:55 am

tianrushui wrote:
http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2010-03-15/06404885651.shtml
Shen/Zhao is planning a skating show in China in August. They plan to invite Mao,Yuna,Evan,Plushenko,V/M.
I really hope Mao could do show in China cheers

Thanks for the info! I'd love Mao to go to China, cause I simply looove the Shen/Zhao pair! They are one of my gods in figure along with Plush and Mao. I was fortunate to see them live at the GP Finals gala for this season, and their performance was truely the best! They were roared with cheers and everyone in the audience stood up. The only other skater who managed to get that much applause and standing ovations in that show was Evan, because of his speed. Frankly speaking, Shen/Zhao were the only ones who gave a real memorable performance that evening (except for all the Japanese skaters and Johnny whom I'll always adore whatever they do).

And the great thing is, as much as I know the power of Shen/Zhaos' performances, I'm confident that Mao has enough skills and charm to attract the audience, in a different way, but no less than them. But as for Yuna...if she decides to perform in the same show with the Shen/Zhaos', I'd say she's got more guts than I'd imagined. Without her lutz combo, which she never does in shows, the magic is gone in her performances. Okay, I don't like her much, so I am biased maybe, but I'm quite sure that's what most people felt at GP Finals gala and the Olys gala. She should have someone fix her a better show program, soon! But anyways, I think there's a high chance Yuna won't be appearing in China, since her schedule should be fully booked for at least an year in her own country.

Btw, aoi88, Yoko Kanno is a real master in music! She can create almost any kind of music well, that not only anime-directors, but alot of film-directors hire her thesedays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
MOACHANTHEBEST
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:19 pm

KIRAKIRA Thank you very much for posting those you tube videos.I finally finished watching. I had to cry several times. It just wonderful to see that Mao is loved by so many people. She is truly sincere and genuine. I just love the way she talks, the way she smiles the way she handles interviews. She is always herself. Mao you are the Ice Princess!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Sorry I have been really busy with school work these days.
Article Link

World Figure Skating Championships held in Turin, Italy is on the 23rd. Japan is expected to do well and stress are on the Vancouver Olympic medalists in both men and women. In the women's side Mao Asada, the Olympic silver medalist (Chukyo University) aims to take revenge in a rematch with Queen YuNa of Korea. Daisuke Takashi, the Olympic bronze medalist in the men's (Kansai University) aims to win the men title.

Asada is the first Olympic women to land the triple axel three times will challenge again. The Olympic Games was lost by a landlside, but errors came late in the free program, which could have expanded her score in aflawless performance. Kim Yu-Na has the potential to retire after this season, so this could be the last showdown.

Miki Ando finished 5th in the Olympics (Toyota Motor) is involved in the medal race. Akiko Suzuki is amining to top her Oluympic eighth place. Joannie Rochette will not compete. Daisuke goes in as the favorite but not falling on the quadruple toe loop is the key. Nobunari Oda and Takahiko Kozuka have sights on the podium as well.Patrick Chan and Jeremy Abbott are also contenders.

Nothing new just a news article about the upcoming worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Someone at GS posted an article that mentions that Mao has left Tatiana. Here's the article: http://blog.sport-express.ru/users/vellena/post123205927.

Is this true?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:45 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Someone at GS posted an article that mentions that Mao has left Tatiana. Here's the article: http://blog.sport-express.ru/users/vellena/post123205927.

Is this true?
Yes, it's true. And also that Denis Ten left Elena Vodorezova and Elena V/ said that she turned him out, because his federation first wanted to dismiss her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:49 pm

polosatik wrote:
Yes, it's true. And also that Denis Ten left Elena Vodorezova and Elena V/ said that she turned him out, because his federation first wanted to dismiss her.

Oh, that's too bad.

Sad, Lonely

Now who will coach Mao? That blonde lady who's always with her (sorry, I don't know her name!)?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:51 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Oh, that's too bad.

Sad, Lonely

Now who will coach Mao? That blonde lady who's always with her (sorry, I don't know her name!)?
You mean Shanette ? I hope so. Because if not Mao will be alone, like at 2008 Worlds No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:02 pm

polosatik wrote:
You mean Shanette ? I hope so. Because if not Mao will be alone, like at 2008 Worlds No

Yes, Shanette! I don't know why, but I never know her name!

Disappointed

I hope Mao doesn't stay alone.

Depressed Crying

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Shanette is TAT's assistant right? So if TAT leaves, then I am thinking Shanette does as well, but hopefully she stays until Worlds end. There are hardly any news on Mao lately; I am wondering if JSF has already found her a coach since they know TAT may not be with Mao anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:12 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Shanette is TAT's assistant right? So if TAT leaves, then I am thinking Shanette does as well, but hopefully she stays until Worlds end. There are hardly any news on Mao lately; I am wondering if JSF has already found her a coach since they know TAT may not be with Mao anymore.
Yes, Shanette is TAT's assistant. But she's also a coach by herself as I know. So I think she can be with Mao at Worlds. They looked like a good team together Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Didn't Mao win in 2008 without a coach, though? Wink I'm not too concerned about her. I agree with most of you that she probably won't win, but I think Mao will be ok. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darlingdaydream

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:57 pm

i remember the commentary "who needs a coach?" when she won, hahaha

is mao theonly world champion to win without a coach? i really do hope she gets a coach she can stay with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Yes, I hope Mao finds a coach that will be with her for the next 4 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:17 pm

So, does someone know if Tarasova is coming with her or not? Has there been any announcment about this? I hope she's arriving soon in Torino!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:14 pm

bibi wrote:
So, does someone know if Tarasova is coming with her or not? Has there been any announcment about this? I hope she's arriving soon in Torino!

No, she's not coming. If you look a few posts up thread, it looks like they're not working together anymore, and possibly not in any capacity. The news has been a bit confusing though. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
petit diable

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 am

I saw another article probably related to her coach at GS.
It's in Russian, so I'm not sure though.
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figureskating/reviews/4657
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:14 pm

petit diable wrote:
Elena is talking about how skaters mothers making a lot of problems. Ten's mother was the reason why Vodorezova fired out with him. And about Mao she said" The same situation was the reason for Tarasova to fire out and very quicky with Vancouver's silver medalist Mao Asada. Like she noticed that it's impossible to work then "mother is always sitting on your head and from there trying to direct the practices".
I don't know what to think. But many people who works on the rink with TAT said that Mao's mother was making a lot of problems and she's a coach. A lot of people tried to say this doesn't work etc, TAT, others, but she didn't want to listen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:33 pm

polosatik wrote:
petit diable wrote:
Elena is talking about how skaters mothers making a lot of problems. Ten's mother was the reason why Vodorezova fired out with him. And about Mao she said" The same situation was the reason for Tarasova to fire out and very quicky with Vancouver's silver medalist Mao Asada. Like she noticed that it's impossible to work then "mother is always sitting on your head and from there trying to direct the practices".
I don't know what to think. But many people who works on the rink with TAT said that Mao's mother was making a lot of problems and she's a coach. A lot of people tried to say this doesn't work etc, TAT, others, but she didn't want to listen.
I am just curious what strategies are her mom's ideas? 3 3A? her programs? her costumes? I think it is TAT who suggested mao does 2 3A in long program. And after Mao's success in WTT, she said they should use 3A in short program. TAT did program for Mao. I don't know who made costumes for Mao. But I think these three parts are things being criticized most, but seems all related to TAT. So, I am curious what strategies Mao's mom made for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:36 pm

tianrushui wrote:
polosatik wrote:
petit diable wrote:
I am just curious what strategies are her mom's ideas? 3 3A? her programs? her costumes? I think it is TAT who suggested mao does 2 3A in long program. And after Mao's success in WTT, she said they should use 3A in short program. TAT did program for Mao. I don't know who made costumes for Mao. But I think these three parts are things being criticized most, but seems all related to TAT. So, I am curious what strategies Mao's mom made for her.
TAT was for 3a in the short. But after the TEB this season she wanted Mao to do only one 3 a in long and 3-3. And for the Mao's mom , absolutely the same I heard from Rafael. Also TAT said that this "living in japan and coming for a month to Russia" wouldn't work. Coach have to be all time with his student. TAT wasn't really coaching Mao.

Last edited by polosatik on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:38 pm

polosatik wrote:
petit diable wrote:

Really? I've also heard reports about problems between TAT and Mao's mother but there's one thing that doesn't make sense. If TAT was in Russia most of the time and Mao and her mom are in Japan how can they have conflicts? scratch I think it's more of a cultural difference thing here. Mao stayed the longest with Yamada and there didn't seem to be a problem during those years, but things do not seem to work out with her foreign coaches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:00 pm

polosatik wrote:
tianrushui wrote:
polosatik wrote:
petit diable wrote:
TAT was for 3a in the short. But after the TEB this season she wanted Mao to do only one 3 a in long and 3-3. And for the Mao's mom , absolutely the same I heard from Rafael. Also TAT said that this "living in japan and coming for a month to Russia" wouldn't work. Coach have to be all time with his student. TAT wasn't really coaching Mao.
I kinda feel that two 3As are more from Mao but not her mom. And if Mao could not have a stable 3f3t, I don't think one 3A and one 33 is wiser than two 3As. And one thing I don't quite feel comfortable about these sayings blaming her mom is that if TAT really feels so uncomfortable about part time coaching, she could mention it last season or even fire Mao. But she didn't,instead she renewed her contract with Mao. This makes me feel that TAT makes this as an excuse as things don't go well this season(last season, at least she beat Yuna in GPF. But this season, seems most people begin think that she is not in the same level as Yuna). But that's just me. I don't know details about how they get along. I hope Mao could find an appropriate coach and get two excellent programs next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:05 pm

How might TAT feel after all ? She was blamed by absolutely everyone. When Mao came first to her, she said that part coaching would not work well. And now TAT , I think, is blaming herself for the decision to work with Mao that way. Yuna came to Canada to work with Brian, Mao didn't do it. And I feel not Mao was the problem but her mom. Actually I'm tired of it. I think Mao need a japanese coach, because foreigners are problem coaches for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:55 pm

The World Figure Skating Championships will be on held on Thursday in Turn, Italy. Vancouver Olympic silver medalist in Ladies', Mao Asada (19, Chukyo), left from Nagoya to Turin. The short program will be held on the 26th and the 27th will be the free program, just like the Olympics, Mao Asada will be trying a total of three triple axels.

Another rival Kim Yu-Na (19, South Korea) will challenge for the victory. Asada said before leaving at the airport, "I will do triple axel three times," she declared. Like the Olympics, one in the SP, twice in the the three.

She was soundly defeated by Kim Yu-Na in Vancouver four weeks ago. There is no fears of her conditions. She has been on a four game losing streak against Kim Yu-Na, rumours have been stating that she will turn pro after this season, this might be the last battle, so she cannot lose.

Although Mao Asada is the first ever to land the triple axel with a degree of success at the Olympics, Kim Yu-na was ahead because of the other jump mistakes made. "Rachmainoff Prelude 'Bell' has never been perfected in the free program this season," she said. "I want to do my best."
Translation:☆Genie@Maoasada.logu2.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:43 pm

polosatik wrote:
How might TAT feel after all ? She was blamed by absolutely everyone. When Mao came first to her, she said that part coaching would not work well. And now TAT , I think, is blaming herself for the decision to work with Mao that way. Yuna came to Canada to work with Brian, Mao didn't do it. And I feel not Mao was the problem but her mom. Actually I'm tired of it. I think Mao need a japanese coach, because foreigners are problem coaches for her.

Just out of curiosity, polosatik, how credible is the author of the blog posts about Mao's mom? I don't know what to make of hearing all these reports in Russian when the Japanese media is still mum about it. A lot of people, including myself, loved "Bells" and just the overall artistic development Mao accomplished this season. I really wish TAT and Mao still maintain some kind of relationship. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   

Back to top Go down

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next