HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

World Championships 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:09 am

SAKURA wrote:

I think that the Korean person misunderstood the relation between Mozart and Salieri. In the 18th century, those who received favor from authorities was Salieri, and Morzart was not fully recognized as a genius yet. In this sense, Yuna can be referred to Salieri. Very Happy

Well, you can't expect them to do more research than watch Amadeus, I guess. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:45 am

kirakira wrote:
Mao and Daisuke interview clips flower

2010.3.30 Super News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxc79wlbjsY

2010.3.30 SPORT
Part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InXSnHM0Sxw
Part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsO6x4xLcWc
Thank you! cheers Can someone translate it? I know everyone is for Kozuka + Mao. But Dai + Mao is gorgeous! Swoon Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:28 am

SAKURA wrote:
Hi this is my first post, though I regularly visited this forum in the past year. Since I want to share a joy of Mao’s second title with you, I decided to join, same as mash5, ClairDeMao, Lady_in_black, and so on.

aoi88 wrote:

"However hard she may cry, Mao Asada, the eventual winner in Turin and Vancouver's silver medalist, has no other choice but to settle for the perpetual No. 2. Mao is like the soulless Salieri, who was fated to resent God for not allowing him the same genius as that given to Mozart. "

I think that the Korean person misunderstood the relation between Mozart and Salieri. In the 18th century, those who received favor from authorities was Salieri, and Morzart was not fully recognized as a genius yet. In this sense, Yuna can be referred to Salieri. Very Happy

Under the direction of TAT, Mao improved her skating skills a lot and now she is a really beautiful adult female skater, not a small girl skating to a light music any more. With a new coach, I want her to change a different type of program with a different type of music, with at least one 3Lz.

Welcome, Sakura. Daisies for you
And huge thanks for your wonderful explanation. Now it all makes sense. Mao will shine and be remembered more than Yuna, I'm sure. Just like Mozart.

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:41 am

SAKURA wrote:
Hi this is my first post, though I regularly visited this forum in the past year. Since I want to share a joy of Mao’s second title with you, I decided to join, same as mash5, ClairDeMao, Lady_in_black, and so on.

aoi88 wrote:

"However hard she may cry, Mao Asada, the eventual winner in Turin and Vancouver's silver medalist, has no other choice but to settle for the perpetual No. 2. Mao is like the soulless Salieri, who was fated to resent God for not allowing him the same genius as that given to Mozart. "

Under the direction of TAT, Mao improved her skating skills a lot and now she is a really beautiful adult female skater, not a small girl skating to a light music any more. With a new coach, I want her to change a different type of program with a different type of music, with at least one 3Lz.

Welcome Sakura and thanks for saying everything I had wanted to!
Salieri's works were easy to understand and entertaining, whereas Mozart challenged so many new things in his days, most people were rather astonished.

I've seen quite a number of Koreans refer to Mozart=Yuna and Mao=Salieri, and they really make me laugh more than anything! It's always been Mao who was the true voyager of new skills and artistry, not Yuna.

But one thing I do think is that they probably respect eachothers' works more than anybody. They will both be Salieris towards eachother, as much as they are both Mozarts in their skating.

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:06 am

Welcome, SAKURA!

Cheering

Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:24 am

Welcome Sakura cheers Thank you for your explanation flower Although I prefer her to be compared to Beethoven, his works were more intriguing to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fam

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

thank you for a warm welcome [/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:34 am

Welcome, Fam! flower

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
huagon

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:16 am

aoi88 wrote:
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2010/03/137_63300.html

I just came across this article and I can't believe these things get published Mad

Unbelievable right? Why are some Korean fans such sore losers that they have to smear Mao's win with a statement like this?

That statement is a joke on so many levels. First of all I bet very few people even among Koreans believe in that statement. A better comparison might be Bach and Handel. While both were great composers from the surface, only those with the proper background in musical training can objectively state that Bach was technically superior. However since music is an art, you may say Handel is better because you like his style. But no one can say Handel was technically superior to Bach overall and prove it. Bach was technically superior in many ways including his use of rhythm. Handel used mainly homogeneous rhythms in the crotchet, quaver and semiquaver vein. Bach used nested triplets, demis, hemi-demis and rhythmic heterogeny throughout his pieces. Likewise, no one can say Yuna is technically superior to Mao and prove it. The most they can state with validity is their preference of Yuna over Mao. However, I can say Mao is technically superior because she has higher jumps and can land the triple axel. By the way the reason Mao can land the triple axel and Yuna can't is because she jumps higher and rotates slightly faster. Mao also has superior flexibility and faster spins. But hey if you like Yuna more than Mao; I can't stop you. Just like I can't stop my friend from liking that fat chick at school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:35 am

aoi88 wrote:
Welcome Sakura cheers Thank you for your explanation flower Although I prefer her to be compared to Beethoven, his works were more intriguing to me.

Seems like we might have similar taste in music, aoi88! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:42 am

I don't want Mao to be compared to anyone. She is Mao. Wink Can someone tell me more about Dai's coach?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:52 pm

Welcome fam and SAKURA!!! Many Hearts

kirakira wrote:
Mao & Daisuke pair rehearsal photos
http://editors.number-blog.bunshun.jp/archives/51046828.html

Thanks so much, as always, kirakira!

The captions for these photos totally made me ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

polosatik, it seems that the editors are rooting for Dai+Mao like you, because this is what they say:

1) Mao and Daisuke practicing for the exhibition. Truly a beautiful boy and beautiful girl.
2) The awkwardness like that of a couple that has just started dating
.....is what it may seem like, but they are practicing really hard to do a throw jump.
3) Near the end, they began to breathe together.

And as my friend pointed out, they keep referring to Mao and Dai saying 'abekku yuushou,' which kinda implies something like 'gold medal couple.'

(Taka-chan, are you jealous yet??? Too sweet! )

@ kawaiimao - Wow, I'm totally not a huge fan of Mozart either (yet another similarity!)! Only a very select number of his pieces move me. I love Bach, and I love Beethoven! flower

View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:09 pm

Welcome to all the new members!!

SAKURA wrote:

Oh, SNAP! Laugh Wow, that's actually really ironic...

As long as we're talking about composers, I always link Mao and Chopin together. That's not just because she's skated to a lot of his music, but because I think Mao is unmatched when it comes to her ethereal, light, graceful beauty across the ice...in the same way that Chopin is unmatched when it comes to writing that type of music. Rubinstein said something that I agree with: Chopin's music was never about portraying a specific character, either, or telling specific stories- it's just pure expression and art and beauty.

Last edited by bellarina on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : put "ephemeral" instead of "ethereal" by accident...haha whoops!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:15 pm

Welcome, everyone Very Happy cheers

Batsuchan wrote:

The captions for these photos totally made me ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

1) Mao and Daisuke practicing for the exhibition. Truly a beautiful boy and beautiful girl.
2) The awkwardness like that of a couple that has just started dating
.....is what it may seem like, but they are practicing really hard to do a throw jump.
3) Near the end, they began to breathe together.

1) Yep!
2) Cloud 9
3) Swoon ... Unconscious

Also, thank you everyone for the articles and videos. I just caught up because of some exams Razz
We're lucky to have someone from so many countries to translate for us!!

I learned so much reading a figure skating forum...about Bach and Handel, Mozart and Salieri. Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 pm

bellarina wrote:

As long as we're talking about composers, I always link Mao and Chopin together. That's not just because she's skated to a lot of his music, but because I think Mao is unmatched when it comes to her ethereal, light, graceful beauty across the ice...in the same way that Chopin is unmatched when it comes to writing that type of music.

Totally agree! Yep!

But I do think that Mao could skate to some Ravel pieces--his pieces that sound like tinkling glass--both extremely fragile and soul-piercing at the same time--I think only Mao could do justice to that music! (But I guess I should really be writing about that in the Mao music thread... Sweatdrop )

Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Batsuchan wrote:
bellarina wrote:

As long as we're talking about composers, I always link Mao and Chopin together. That's not just because she's skated to a lot of his music, but because I think Mao is unmatched when it comes to her ethereal, light, graceful beauty across the ice...in the same way that Chopin is unmatched when it comes to writing that type of music.

Totally agree! Yep!

But I do think that Mao could skate to some Ravel pieces--his pieces that sound like tinkling glass--both extremely fragile and soul-piercing at the same time--I think only Mao could do justice to that music! (But I guess I should really be writing about that in the Mao music thread... Sweatdrop )

My absolute DREAM program for Mao would be for her to skate to Daphne et Chloe by Ravel. Swoon I really think that music is made for Mao, as it highlights all of her qualities: a light, haunting, ethereal feeling. I would prefer that she skate to cuts closer to Yukina Ota's program than Sarah Hughes's Olympic program, because I though Sarah's cuts were a bit repetitive and compiled from the most accessible portion of the music. Yukina's music, on the other hand, had some very haunting sections to it that almost moved me to tears (I get goosebumps everytime I hear it). Here's her performance, if you haven't seen it before Smile :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VagI_KzBbmE

Of course, I would want Mao to skate to her OWN cut of music, and I have no doubt she would make the program very much her own. Honestly, I was hoping and praying that Mao would skate to anything by Ravel for the Olympics this year, but I still hope to see it sometime in her career. Mushy Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:48 am

Liffey wrote:
Batsuchan wrote:
bellarina wrote:

Totally agree! Yep!

My absolute DREAM program for Mao would be for her to skate to Daphne et Chloe by Ravel. Swoon I really think that music is made for Mao, as it highlights all of her qualities: a light, haunting, ethereal feeling. I would prefer that she skate to cuts closer to Yukina Ota's program than Sarah Hughes's Olympic program, because I though Sarah's cuts were a bit repetitive and compiled from the most accessible portion of the music. Yukina's music, on the other hand, had some very haunting sections to it that almost moved me to tears (I get goosebumps everytime I hear it). Here's her performance, if you haven't seen it before Smile :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VagI_KzBbmE

Of course, I would want Mao to skate to her OWN cut of music, and I have no doubt she would make the program very much her own. Honestly, I was hoping and praying that Mao would skate to anything by Ravel for the Olympics this year, but I still hope to see it sometime in her career. Mushy Love

Agree with everything all of you quoted above said! I always thought Mao is the perfect skater to express Chopin and Ravel would definitely suit her very well too.

Another composer who must have written his music with Mao in mind is Schubert, imho. Wink

I hope she chooses at least one of them to skate to one day...or next season... Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:14 am

Ooh, I agree- Ravel would be another great choice.

kawaiimao, I totally agree with you- Schubert also wrote incredibly beautiful music. I was just thinking the other day that Schubert's Arpeggione (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh1PuFo-c_M) could work great for Mao. It's long, but I think it could be easily cut if all the repeats are taken out. There's beautiful, lyrical parts but also upbeat parts (i.e. starting at 1:35), which would show two of Mao's strongest sides: her elegant, ballet quality and her joyful, Caprice-like side. I like that throughout the piece there's just this completely light quality, even through the fast parts- or maybe that's just the way Yo-Yo Ma plays, but I think it's totally Mao.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Mao and Daisuke interview clip flower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT676kiDMFk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:03 pm

kirakira wrote:
Mao and Daisuke interview clip flower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT676kiDMFk

Thanks kirakira! It's too bad the Mezamashi TV clip was deleted, because that was very funny too! ROTFLMAO

In that one (I think it was that one, there were sooo many!), they were asked when they first met each other, and they were like, was it ____ or was it ____? Clearly they couldn't remember....

But this time, when they were asked, Mao said she remembers Dai "from when I was in 4th grade and we had a training camp in Canada." I guess they figured it out. Razz

Dai said that Mao has been skating from when she was so little, and she's like his little sister, so sometimes he gets shocked and is like, "wow, she's really grown up!" ROTFLMAO

Apparently Dai made a little mistake before the throw jump (messed up the choreo?), and both of them were surprised that Mao flew so far. She said she realized that pair skating is really hard, and the jump technique is different, so she was scared. But while Mao seemed willing to try it again, Daisuke was like not me! Very Happy

Mao says that she got addicted to mozzarella cheese when she was in Italy (and was addicted to yogurt with maple syrup in Canada). Dai has been buying lots of manga!

Mao wants to go to Nagoya and go shopping; Dai wants to go somewhere he can relax.

I really enjoyed these interviews! flower

Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:10 pm

There was an interview with Taka-chan!! It looks like it was right before Worlds. Hmm, I guess it deals mostly with the Olympics, but I'll post it here anyway. Sweatdrop
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/winter/skate/figure/text/201003250004-spnavi.html

I'm feeling lazy, so I'll summarize some of the fun points rather than translate.

Arrow Kozu was really impressed with the food at the Olympics. There was a buffet, and it even had McDonald's food, and the McDonald's food was really good. He especially liked the frozen yogurt with raspberries, on which he put cornflakes. (Sounds like something Mao would love!)

Arrow Kozu really enjoyed sharing a room with Dai and Nobu. One day he taught them all how to use Skype, so all of them in the room (including the JSF guys!) were talking on Skype all day long.

Arrow When he was getting nervous before the competition, he said, "My stomach is sore," and so Dai made fun of him, saying, "It's too early for that, Takahiko! We're still in the dorm room! We haven't even gone to the rink yet." After the competition, they went shopping and bought all kinds of stuff in Canada.

Arrow Kozu says he was able to enjoy the Olympics a lot because there were three guys there. At the end, the three boys and the girls all wrote a thank-you note for the JSF people. They bought a poster and signed it. Taka-chan suggested it to Dai and Nobu, but actually it was Coach Sato who told him they should do that. Hell, no!

Arrow The interviewer says it would be good if he could enjoy the Sochi Olympics too, and Kozu says, "I really like Russia! I like Canada and Russia." (Again, that's so appropriate, since Mao has such close ties to Russia. Too sweet! )

Arrow Worlds was the first time that Taka-chan went to Torino, and probably the first time he went to Italy, but he can't remember.

bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks as always for the translations!

Did anyone else notice that before Worlds, Mao had about 7200 fans on facebook, and after Worlds, the number shot up to almost 8450? I noticed that it didn't go up much during/after the Olympics, but went up so much after Worlds. Either she made some new fans or people remembered that she exists (with the media coverage she got during the Olympics, I was always asked, "what? Who's Mao Asada?" *headdesk*)!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:21 pm

^bellarina, I'm glad to hear that lol.

When I was on my computer at school and looking at this forum, my friend passed by and was like...hey Yuna Kim...and I was like...???
I explained it wasn't her, it's Mao Asada- and she was like oh, is it just because you like underdogs?- so I went into this whole rant...I think I gave her a longer explanation than she wanted about all of Mao's seasons and she doesn't even follow figure skating lol...
At least, as a non-figure skating-fan, she knew who Mao was, then she said that they both looked the same Unconscious

It's sad because people, not fans, only know about figure skating once the Olympics come, so they don't remember much about anyone else, but then again it doesn't really matter, because I can always tell them about Mao hehe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bekalc

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:51 pm

The problem with PCS right now, is apparently according to some on FSU, they have nothing to do with how the program was actually executed in most cases. The jumps and stuff are judged in the TES. So it then becomes about choregraphy/transitions and stuff. Yu-na DOES in her program have harder choregraphy/transitions and more one footed skating than Mao. And that should have been rewarded in some of the PCS marks.

This is why Patrick Chan gets the marks he does. Because he has really difficult entrances into all of his jumps but the 3axels, and really hard/intricate choregraphy. One judge called his program a footwork secton. And that's great that Chan can do this. But the issue is that Patrick IS never clean. And its rather bothersome that he gets rewarded for doing something he really can't handle.

But what should have also been factored in was that Yu-na gave a messy performance at the end and gave up. While handling difficult choregraphy is hard. It becomes really problematic if intricate choregraphy becomes more important than the elements/actual performance. See Lepisto. Because the thing is a great program actually costs money. Not every naturally talented skater can afford all the money it costs to have a really great program. And so it automatically puts poor skaters or skaters from less poorer federations at a disadvantage.

Kostner said that every time Lori Nichol checked on her programs 10,000 Euros. Not every skater has this kind of money. Its just really bothersome. I want to see good choregraphy rewarded but I'd like to see execution/clean performances etc rewarded under this system too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Championships 2010   

Back to top Go down

World Championships 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 36 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next