HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Next lady star from Japan?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:49 pm

We all know Japanese's deep field of ladies, but who do you think will be the next 'big' one?
I'm voting for Kanako Murakami. She has a presence and a charismatic charm to her that we usually don't see from somebody so young. I love her skating and the only flaw she has is the flutz.
She has 4 years to fix it, should do it quickly until it gets too late. (Mao).
I would also say Yukiko Fujisawa is a promising skater, she doesn't have the best jumps, but she's like a Caroline. Hit or miss.

Sochi
If Mao continues then I think she might have a chance at a gold medal if she fixes her lutz and works on those 3-3.
Kanako
Yukiko Fujisawa

Who do you think will be the next big lady from Japan !?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:22 pm

Definitely Kanako Murakami. That's a name to keep in mind.

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire

Last edited by alyssa on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:48 pm

Miki! She's still young!

Happy dance

Ok, now serious. I choose Kanako. But we must not forget Yukiko and Haruka!

Cheering

Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Kanako's gonna be at Jr. Worlds soon! Woot!
She's not a greatest jumper but I think she's good at artistry and that's kinda special to Japan because they are usually good at jumps but not always great on the artistic side. Machiko really knows how to develop talented kids abilities!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Kanako by far. She's producing the best results out of the junior girls and is the most consistent. She's also the only non-senior lady to be receiving considerable air time on Japanese TV - she's had a few segments devoted entirely to her on TV Asahi and Fuji TV, in addition to numerous pieces on local programs like Chukkyo Figure. Having Mihoko Higuchi and Machiko Yamada as coaches don't hurt either in the buzz department, not to mention her history of skating alongside Mao when she was younger. I love you

There's a few promising girls on the novice level as well as girls moving up to juniors next season (Karen Kemanai is one of them), but for now it's definitely Kanako, Kanako, Kanako. Laugh

View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 am

Please add Yuki Nishino! Wink I love her balletic movement.
When I saw Japan Nationals live, as for junior skaters, she and Haruka Imai were outstanding.
I love Kanako too, but it's shame I don't remember how Kanako was in live, because she skated after Mao....I was still in tears and couldn't see anything Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 am

What about Murakami's training partner Sayaka Matsubara? Please forgive me for asking again, but does anyone have any news regarding her progress and situation?

Together with Angela Maxwell she is one of the few junior skaters I have watched and enjoyed...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huagon

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:09 am

The next lady star from Japan won't arise for another 6 to 8 years. In other words the next lady star from Japan isn't even on the horizon right now. This is Mao's era and she's here to stay for a long long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:41 am

Kanako Murakami and Haruka Imai~!
They are outstanding.

But right now, it's Mao's time of brilliance~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:09 am

I like Kanako but I think I like Yukiko a bit more, I enjoyed watching her at nationals. She didn't really have the best season this year but I really hope she'll do better in the future.

Another skater I really liked in the nationals was Goto Ayumi, she came in 8th and has the same coach as Akiko. When I looked for other competitions she's been in all I could find was nationals confused she's already 17 so I doubt she'll ever become a huge star but I loved her skating, it was very soft and pretty and her FS dress was beautiful.

I agree that right now it's Mao's time, I don't think Japan will see another female skater as naturally good as Mao for a long, long, long time. However I feel like a lot of the other older skaters will retire or fade out in the next few years (before Sochi) so Japan definitely does need one or two new skating stars!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 am

@ kitkat00 - I really like Yukiko's skating Smile. I think she has a really mature sense of artistic expression for a relatively young skater, and great control over her arm movements, which add to the artistic impression of her programs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:47 pm

This is sort of related to this so... I wonder who Japan is going to send to the Junior Grand Prix next season? They had a really good season because of Yuzuru and Kanako but I think they're both going to move up, and I think Haruka and Kento probably will as well... do they have any new major talents for next season?

Hopfully Fujisawa will get two spots and do really well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:05 pm

kitkat00 wrote:
This is sort of related to this so... I wonder who Japan is going to send to the Junior Grand Prix next season? They had a really good season because of Yuzuru and Kanako but I think they're both going to move up, and I think Haruka and Kento probably will as well... do they have any new major talents for next season?
Yuzuru and Kanako also secured the maximum number of JGP spots for Japan as well (as have Takahashi/Tran, but there's no other pairs team to take advantage of this). Sweatdrop

Next season will be the last time Kento will be eligible to remain on the junior level, so I *think* he'll take advantage of that. Thanks to the multiple JGP spots the JSF will probably want to prioritize giving Ryuju Hino and Keiji Tanaka more international experience as well; not sure about the rest though. Shouma is unfortunately still too young so he'll have to be patient with dominating the novice scene all over again. Razz

Ladies will be a bit more difficult. Haruka is still a question mark in terms of whether she'll move up to seniors or not; Yukiko is the other obvious standout and is most likely going to be one of the leading junior girls on the Japanese team (fingers crossed!). Yuki Nishino and Ayane Nakamura still have serious consistency issues and are losing momentum, but they'll receive a JGP assignment for sure. Karen Kemanai and Roannasari Oshikawa had some good results and will probably be chosen for a spot (Karen especially). There's a slew of promising girls who are borderline eligible and/or just moved up from novice too. Whirly
Announcements will be made next week! Good luck!

Last edited by clovera on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo...I spelled Kanako as "Kanato." Yikes!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:07 pm

This is kind of off-topic, but when will the GP assignments be announced?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:03 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
This is kind of off-topic, but when will the GP assignments be announced?
This is usually in June I think!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Wow announcements will be made next week already?

That's true about Kento, I thought maybe he'd move up because he had his debut at 4CC but he didn't do particularly well there, or in any really major competitions last season so it's not like he'd get any good senior assignments anyway. Maybe next season he'd be able to go to junior worlds. Imai did pretty well at 4CC though so I still think she might move up.

I was hoping Goto might switch to juniors and get an assignment but I was looking and it seems she did very badly in a junior level competition last month, so I guess she's not very consistent No Ooo and I've always wanted to see Karen skate! Her LPs must be very good...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:33 pm

kitkat00 wrote:
Wow announcements will be made next week already
Yup! From what I can tell this season's selection committee will not have a selection camp like last year - maybe because of all the JGP spots? The JSF haven't released any further documents so I could be wrong.

I'm really not sure about Ayumi Goto, but I would think her strong showing at Nats will help in making a case for her to have at least one assignment, where a good chunk of the other junior-eligible girls either bombed or did sub-par (exceptions were Kanako, Haruka, Yukiko, Karen, and maybe Ayane N.). Ayumi also did pretty well at regionals.

There's a lot of support for Karen and Risa Shouji - who'll move up to juniors this year - from Japanese skating fans who follow the junior and novice levels closely so I guess they are both considered a lock for at least one event. Very Happy With the exception of the Nagoya skaters and occasional novice competition videos like Skate Copenhagen (first competition vid I saw of Yuzuru, Yukiko, and Risa) there's really not much out there compared to the Russian girls or the States were IN does a pretty extensive job covering upcoming skaters. Crying or Very sad

View user profile
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:26 pm

clovera wrote:

There's a lot of support for Karen and Risa Shouji - who'll move up to juniors this year - from Japanese skating fans who follow the junior and novice levels closely so I guess they are both considered a lock for at least one event. Very Happy With the exception of the Nagoya skaters and occasional novice competition videos like Skate Copenhagen (first competition vid I saw of Yuzuru, Yukiko, and Risa) there's really not much out there compared to the Russian girls or the States were IN does a pretty extensive job covering upcoming skaters. Crying or Very sad

Yeah I've noticed that, there's always a lot of videos for the young Russian girls and stuff about the young American girls (which is part of the reason I'm a bit worried for Japan next season Razz ) but I really can't find any videos of the novice or younger junior Japanese girls. For younger kids I can usually just find Uno haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:11 am

kitkat00 wrote:
Wow announcements will be made next week already?

If anyone has news about the announcements, please share! Not being Japanese (or even Asian) I know next to nothing about what goes on in the Japanese skating world but I sure am very interested... I wonder if it will be a three-way battle among the American, Russian and Japanese junior ladies next year? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

I read somewhere that some sort of decision was made and that Kanako and Yuzuru are going to be seniors next year for sure but they didn't actually release any of the names for the JGP Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:46 pm

kitkat00 wrote:
I read somewhere that some sort of decision was made and that Kanako and Yuzuru are going to be seniors next year for sure but they didn't actually release any of the names for the JGP Sad

That's not to say that either of them would do badly competing on senior level. Didn't Kanako come in 5th for Japanese Nationals?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitkat00

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:11 pm

I never said they would do bad? I'm psyched about both of them being seniors and I think they'll do awesome.

Kanako finished 5th but now that Yukari retired it's like she finished 4th and same thing with Yuzuru, he finished 6th but I heard that Nanari is retiring and if he does Yuzuru will basically be like 5th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:49 pm

kitkat00 wrote:
I never said they would do bad? I'm psyched about both of them being seniors and I think they'll do awesome.

Sorry it wasn't meant to be taken offensively if that's how you perceived it. No i definitely agree they will both be amazing competing on senior level!! And it saves me the effort of having to spend extra time to watch Juniors Smile lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haidogirl
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:46 am

Kanako will compete in seniors next season? Yay im happy to hear that! Im already a huge fan of her! She is so charming! Now i really cant wait for the next season!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Haidogirl wrote:
Kanako will compete in seniors next season? Yay im happy to hear that! Im already a huge fan of her! She is so charming! Now i really cant wait for the next season!

Neither can I!! cheers
too bad i have no idea when next season start (feels clueless) Whirly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next lady star from Japan?!   

Back to top Go down

Next lady star from Japan?!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next