HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Winter Olympics 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:09 pm

i know everyone hates me and hates my posts but the reviews from a gay blog re: the olympic skating outfits.

have a good laugh and you can thank me later.

lets lighten up people!

WOMEN
http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/02/ice-princesses-costumes-part-2-women.html

ICE DANCING
http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/03/ice-princesses-costumes-part-3-couples.html

MEN
http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/02/ice-princesses-costumes-part-1-men.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Batsuchan
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:12 pm

coconut wrote:
Batsuchan wrote:
http://www.asahi.com/sports/spo/NGY201003030020.html
She said, "I'll put the silver medal somewhere where I can always see it, and I'll try to forget the pain."

Actually, she said that she will put the silver medal somewhere she can always see to not forget the pain(regrettable feeling). Wink

Thank you coconut!! Looks like Mao's not the only one who's been sleep-deprived lately. Sweatdrop Sweatdrop

Of course I want Mao to be very proud of herself for winning the silver medal, but a part of me is happy to see that she's going to use this as motivation.

In the Mao books, the author always talks about how quickly Mao forgets things--and that's part of the reason why she can be so forward-looking and cheerful, because she doesn't dwell on the past...But sometimes I think you HAVE to remember some mistakes that you made in order to learn from them. Yep!

Thanks for the interview kirakira! Very Happy

I say again, I LOOOVE Honda-announcer! Many Hearts I wish I could be like her and be so friendly with the Nagoya skaters! Hell, no!

I didn't quite understand what they were saying at the beginning after they made Mao test the mic. Mao said that her voice is not as deep as Honda-announcer's [it has no tension]? So Honda-announcer said that she has the tension on her face?? At any rate, Mao made a funny face, so Honda-announcer was like, "Why are you laughing like that?!" and playfully slapped her knee. Mao referred to Honda-announcer as 'oneesan' = older sister, which was cute. Very Happy

She asked Mao what she did when she went home, and Mao said she played with her dogs and they were very happy to see her.

She had to think for awhile to remember what she did after that (see what I mean about forgetful?! Hell, no!), but said that she took a shower. She went all over the place so she had to 'get rid of the germs.'

Then Mao talked about wanting to eat sushi and everyone was like, "You're so grown up!"

Her questioning Mao about 'did you meet a cool/cute athlete? You did?! You didn't?' cracked me up again. ROTFLMAO

At the end, Mao talked about how her Mom is her number #1 support. She said, "My mom said, 'I'm just glad you were able to skate there. It doesn't matter that it's not a gold medal; a silver is just as good'....From when I started skating when I was 5 years old up to now, she'd always take me to the rink and pick me up, and stay with me at the rink. Almost everyday she'd stand there and watch me practice, and sometimes she'd give me advice. And everyday, without fail, she gave up her own time to help me reach my goals, so I'm really grateful."

Last edited by Batsuchan on Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fuyu-no-ohimesama.blogspot.com/
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 pm

thank you soooooo much Batsuchan! You're awesome to translate all those interviews Smile! !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 pm

Thanks Batsuchan so much for the translation!
I too love Honda announcer Love Hearts she is so fun and Mao and other skaters always seem so relaxed when she does the interview. Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 am

Batsuchan, we are always thankful to you! Love Hearts
Batsuchan wrote:
Mao said that her voice is not as deep as Honda-announcer's [it has no tension]? So Honda-announcer said that she has the tension on her face??
"張り(tention)"which Mao said was about Honda announcer's voice. Mao meant her voice was not as rich as Honda-san's. Then, Honda-san said "(But)You have supple skin!"(rich voice and supple skin are both said "張りがある" in Japanese.)
Mao didn't say anything and just laughed Razz I guess Honda-san and the TV crew felt bit embarrassed because they expected Mao would say "Oh, Honda-san's skin is beautiful!" or something Laughing But this is just my imagination. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aibhlin
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:57 am

Quote :

WOMEN
http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/02/ice-princesses-costumes-part-2-women.html

ICE DANCING
http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/03/ice-princesses-costumes-part-3-couples.html

MEN
http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/02/ice-princesses-costumes-part-1-men.html

Thank you for the links. Btw, why would someone hate you? scratch

Speaking of costumes, I do believe I read somewhere that Asada had selected a new one for the lp. Does anyone know what happened to make her change her mind? I sooo loathe her selection of dresses this year.

Quote :
Actually, she said that she will put the silver medal somewhere she can always see to not forget the pain(regrettable feeling)

I think she should be proud of herself for having achieved an Olympic silver medal. Not many skaters can boast of such an achievement. And if she is feeling so depressed about it, why torture herself with it? I know we fans always hope for the best but given the season she has had I am a bit surprised she put such high expectations on herself. I suppose Asada is a perfectionist...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:24 am

dlnnyc wrote:
lets lighten up people!

I checked some of your past posts and it's obvious you are posting in the wrong forum.
I'd like to recommend this site for you.
http://cafe.naver.com/attentionyuna
It's Korea's biggest anti-Yuna Kim site with 8000+ members. No doubt there are bunch of people in that site who need to be enlightened up by you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:33 am

coconut wrote:
Batsuchan wrote:
http://www.asahi.com/sports/spo/NGY201003030020.html
She said, "I'll put the silver medal somewhere where I can always see it, and I'll try to forget the pain."

Actually, she said that she will put the silver medal somewhere she can always see to not forget the pain(regrettable feeling). Wink

Way to go Mao! The motivation is the name of the game.

Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snowdrops24
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:38 am

I've been saying this so many times lately, Batsuchan, but thank you so much for your translations! flower You are the best! I now developed the habit of reading the Japanese clips/reports first in Japanese and then wait for your translation to see if I got the meanings right. Hahaha~~ Great for learning Japanese.

Thank you, coconut, mingming for your translations as well. Razz And kirakira for the clips and links! cheers Did I miss anyone??? Thank you to YOU too! There's a part of me that loves the way numerous posts pop up every time I log in, but there's also a part of me who struggles to keep up with the threads! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaoMaoRevolution
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:40 pm

snowdrops24 wrote:
I've been saying this so many times lately, Batsuchan, but thank you so much for your translations! flower You are the best! I now developed the habit of reading the Japanese clips/reports first in Japanese and then wait for your translation to see if I got the meanings right. Hahaha~~ Great for learning Japanese.

xD I started watching the videos and then checkign Batsuchan's translations, too Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Batsuchan is a true GOODNESS! sunny Her translations are the best ever! Thank you!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlnnyc
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Mia wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:
lets lighten up people!

I checked some of your past posts and it's obvious you are posting in the wrong forum.
I'd like to recommend this site for you.
It's Korea's biggest anti-Yuna Kim site with 8000+ members. No doubt there are bunch of people in that site who need to be enlightened up by you.

but im not anti yuna. i love yuna. and by the way ME-YA... fuck off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:23 pm

I had no idea there was an anti-Yu-Na forum. I think that's horrible.

Disappointed

Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Ew. Disgusting, anti-YuNa?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sumin

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:28 pm

[quote="dlnnyc"]
but im not anti yuna. i love yuna.[/quot

Of course you are not. Your posts show that you are anti Mao fan. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Mia wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:
That's why I'm recommending. You repulsive PINHEAD.
You are dying to enlighten people.

Btw, these guys are brutal and mean-spirited but they have very sharp sense of humor. The front page says it all.

A sharp sense of humor by distorting her body and creating grotesque photoshop pictures of her? That site is one of the more disturbing things I've seen in a long while, and you're absolutely ridiculous, Mia. Rolling Eyes

Oh, and PS: Could this thread get back on topic? Between a member posting links to disgusting, horrible websites they call "witty" and another poster purposely trying to irritate the community here, I think this thread has gone way off track. Mods?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Liffey wrote:
Mia wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:

Btw, these guys are brutal and mean-spirited but they have very sharp sense of humor. The front page says it all.

A sharp sense of humor by distorting her body and creating grotesque photoshop pictures of her? That site is one of the more disturbing things I've seen in a long while, and you're absolutely ridiculous, Mia. Rolling Eyes

I don't think it's more disturbing than what YNK's fanatics have done to Mao on Youtube and other Internet sites for several years.
And I don't think I'm absolutely ridiculous. You are entitled to your opinion, though.

Some doctored pictures seem cruel but the money counting machine thing and the face of Korean president Myungbak Lee (who is hated by young Koreans fiercely) on Kim's body was frankly funny.

Maybe it's the difference of culture. People around me who don't care about figure skating that much said pretty much the same thing after visiting that place.
They said "It's cruel and mean. But the people managing that site are basically funny people"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:40 am

I don't think you are ridiculous, Mia.
I don't like that website and think that people who spend their time this way are rather pathetic but we actually do things like that with our politicians all the time here and I have to admit sometimes it's incredibly funny.
I didn't feel like this about that site though.
But I don't undestand why there's such a huge anti-yuna site in Korea? As I said we have lots of politicians morphs and comics but I can't imagine anyone creating a hate website for any of our top athletes.
Why do they hate her? I'm just curious, perhaps you can send me a PM as this thread is already way off topic. ITA with Liffrey on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sofia
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:52 am

[quote="sumin"]
dlnnyc wrote:

but im not anti yuna. i love yuna.[/quot

Of course you are not. Your posts show that you are anti Mao fan. lol!

Laugh ROTFLMAO

That's it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:51 am

what a poor life, must live some people to reunite in a forum to hate some one, whatever is Mao, Yuna or anyone.

poor people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:59 am

kirakira wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc_zASUmS1g

Thanks kirakira! Nice to learn more about the Mao-Plushy kiss! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:00 am

Mia wrote:
Liffey wrote:
Mia wrote:
dlnnyc wrote:

I don't think it's more disturbing than what YNK's fanatics have done to Mao on Youtube and other Internet sites for several years.
And I don't think I'm absolutely ridiculous. You are entitled to your opinion, though.

Some doctored pictures seem cruel but the money counting machine thing and the face of Korean president Myungbak Lee (who is hated by young Koreans fiercely) on Kim's body was frankly funny.

Maybe it's the difference of culture. People around me who don't care about figure skating that much said pretty much the same thing after visiting that place.
They said "It's cruel and mean. But the people managing that site are basically funny people"

Ok, I've calmed down a bit since I posted the message last night. I apologize for calling you "ridiculous," but I think I should explain why I felt so upset seeing those images, and your reaction to them.

A lot of really famous people have hate sites, especially someone as over-exposed and super famous as Yuna is in her home country. Had the website actually been sarcastic and ripped her to shreds about her skating or other issues, I would have had a ho-hum reaction. If you're famous, you have to expect this, and get over it.

However, this site takes it one step further, and the distortion of her body in photos was disturbing to me, especially that shot of Yuna on the podium looking obese next to Mao. There have been NUMEROUS eating disorders in the skating world, including Akiko Suzuki, who had to leave competition for quite sometime to get healthy again. I don't consider anyone criticizing or distorting someone's body to be "witty" or "sharp" in their sense of humor; such humor is childish, pathetic, and idiotic-period. I hope that explains my reaction a bit more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:19 am

kirakira wrote:

Thanks kirakira for the clip! Very Happy

Plushy's comment just makes me laugh. It's so funny! lol! and I like this video cuz they also show Dai and Miki having fun with their practice together! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liffey
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Winter Olympics 2010   Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:39 am

kirakira wrote:

ROTFLMAO I'm so happy Mao had such a fun time at the exhibition! Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content