HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mirai
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Taken from CNNGO, an Asian site of CNN~

www.cnngo.com/explorations/life/asia’s-30-hottest-athletes-654362
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:35 am

Quote :
Mao Asada may have taken second place in the Olympics, but she’s every bit as publicly endeared as Yuna is in her home country. The queen of incredible triple-axel jumps, the doll-faced Japanese athlete is a media and fan favorite -- along with her sister and her gang of puppies.

Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:23 pm

Mao is not sexy. Mao is sweet. Sweatdrop
Anyway, it's always good to hear about her success. Love Hearts

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:11 pm

alyssa wrote:
if she wants she can be very sexy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:41 pm

The one who just look at figure skating at a glance will like Yuna first because
she is dramatic and her mascara is so dark and her skin is so WHITE. Whether
she had surgery or not, I'm sure that she has a good face like Korean star.
People in my country who didn't know well about FS cheer for Yuna.

Once I looked at media photos about Vancouver Olympic, there are great posing
Yuna's photo and jumping Mao's photo. As you know, the girl who is jumping will
be quite ugly because her face is resisted. So the media wrote as if Mao is not a
beautiful one and the beautiful one deserved gold. I was really angry with that
but have nothing to say because FS is not that well-known in my country.

We hardly see photo of Yuna's jumping but we can see photo of Mao's jumping
so often. In Japan, Mao became famous with media when she was young so
she never cared that she has to put cosmetics or mascara before meeting the
media so we can see Mao's SUPPIN (Natural face). So Mao's image is not so
beautiful as when she is on ice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:48 am

The one oozing with sex appeal is Yuna. Mao has a purer and more innocent image. Not saying that Mao can't be sexy, but Mao is not really that showy as a skater and as a person in general.

But she'll do tango this year, so a more passionate Mao would come out soon!

Quote :
Once I looked at media photos about Vancouver Olympic, there are great posing Yuna's photo and jumping Mao's photo. As you know, the girl who is jumping will be quite ugly because her face is resisted. So the media wrote as if Mao is not a beautiful one and the beautiful one deserved gold. I was really angry with that but have nothing to say because FS is not that well-known in my country.

HOW DARE THEY! Very Mad

I am sure they know nada about FS anyway. Taking Mao's ugliest pictures and using them as evidence to prove that she's ugly? That's nasty!

I'll be the first to admit that Yuna's beauty attracts people right away but Mao has that certain kind of charm. Her face may not be the best but the more I look at her, the more I think that, "Ah! This girl is definitely pretty. I want to see more expressions from her."

Plus, it helps Yuna that her routines tend to go towards a more 'seductive' route. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:08 pm

klarification wrote:

HOW DARE THEY! Very Mad

I am sure they know nada about FS anyway. Taking Mao's ugliest pictures and using them as evidence to prove that she's ugly? That's nasty!

I'll be the first to admit that Yuna's beauty attracts people right away but Mao has that certain kind of charm. Her face may not be the best but the more I look at her, the more I think that, "Ah! This girl is definitely pretty. I want to see more expressions from her."

Plus, it helps Yuna that her routines tend to go towards a more 'seductive' route. Rolling Eyes
You know, I think that just proves that Mao is pretty - if they thought she was ugly, they would have just used a regular photo of her, but no, the only "ugly" picture they could find was one where she was in the middle of a jump.

I agree, klarification...I see Yu-Na as having lots of confidence, and Mao as having charm. I prefer watching the latter, but the North American "style"/audience is all about the former, so to each his own, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:05 pm

well, for me both are beautifull, yu na is very pretty. An Mao for me has physical beauty and aswell a magnetism that doesn´t come from a sexy image(like yu na), comes from her fantastic personality.

and phisically, Mao for me is really beautifull, and lately, she´s becoming into a woman, and i see her more beautifull everytime in everynew video, for me as occidental(colombian) Mao is very exotic, and her face is like a doll, perfect.

i don´t know much about tecnical knowledge of FS, but i remember the first time i saw Mao on TV, and i saw all the other girls skating(i admire all of them), and even not knowing anything, i saw clearly she was the best and i don´t really remember which medall she won, because for me was gold. i think superficial people only see the dresses, faces, and songs, but some people even not knowing much can see who is the best and who loves more skating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:22 pm

I hate these lists. You never hear anyone say anything like, "I TOTALLY agree with this list!" You always hear comments more like, "What the hell?! Half these people are ugly!" Or "Who in their right mind made this list?!" Unless you favorite celeb is on the top of the list, you're probably just going to be pissed off when you see these things. I wish they wouldn't even bother making them 1 Mad

Big surprise, Yuna is number Rolling Eyes I think there were prettier girls on (and off) the list.

How did a chess player get on an athletes list? No disrespect to chess, but it's NOT a sport.... How does a chess player even get famous?scratch

Number 6 kind of looked like Prince William.

Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:22 pm

These lists also seem to measure popularity. It's not all about being the "sexiest." Most of them made some kind of achievement or something. There are hotter and sexier Asian athletes out there, just unknown.

Star85 wrote:

How did a chess player get on an athletes list? No disrespect to chess, but it's NOT a sport.... How does a chess player even get famous?scratch

But the committee in Olympics recognize chess as a sport. They say it's a game and a sport. But yeah... When I think of sports I think of something physical and more active. And then chess comes in!

At least the chess player is pretty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:18 pm

klarification wrote:

Star85 wrote:

But the committee in Olympics recognize chess as a sport. They say it's a game and a sport. But yeah... When I think of sports I think of something physical and more active. And then chess comes in!

At least the chess player is pretty.

Hehe... In our school before chess falls under the "minor sports" category during sportfest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:17 am

Star85 wrote:

Big surprise, Yuna is number Rolling Eyes I think there were prettier girls on (and off) the list.

At the top of the page, it said "in no particular order"- so it's not a ranking, more like just a general list.

I was annoyed (and confused since some of the other athletes were better looking than the #1 in both of the male and female lists) until I saw the tiny print at the top hahaha Laugh

And I think "sexy" in the English language can mean many different things. Some of my friends use sexy even when describing something with no sex appeal- kinda like the word "hot"- so in a way, a person's talent can be "sexy" as well. But...this use maybe only in our part of the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maowataiyo
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:09 pm

klarification wrote:
The one oozing with sex appeal is Yuna. Mao has a purer and more innocent image. Not saying that Mao can't be sexy, but Mao is not really that showy as a skater and as a person in general.

Quote :
Once I looked at media photos about Vancouver Olympic, there are great posing Yuna's photo and jumping Mao's photo. As you know, the girl who is jumping will be quite ugly because her face is resisted. So the media wrote as if Mao is not a beautiful one and the beautiful one deserved gold. I was really angry with that but have nothing to say because FS is not that well-known in my country.

HOW DARE THEY! Very Mad

Don't mind them. It just shows how petty they are. Most skaters do have some offbeat expression when they are jumping. The only skater that I know whose expression doesn't change that much is Mirai. You know what's funny is though, a couple of months ago Yuna had a small feature in Sports Illustrated with a ginourmous picture of her midjump- jaws & fist clinched, eyes looking up with mostly the white showing. My friends and I were like, couldn't they used a more suitable picture? I don't know what the hell the editor was thinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm a bit late on this topic, and since most of you've said everthing I wanted to say about Mao, I'm going to comment on something different.......

There is definitely something wrong with the person who made this list. Yep, Sadly

WHY IS NAGATOMO RANKED IN?????????????
DOES ANYBODY FIND HIM SEXY HERE??????????

Btw, Nagatomo is my favorite soccer player! Luv him! Fun character, great teammate, he's fast and quick and always right where you want him...
but even I don't think he's sexy at all!
He's more like a cute short teddy-bear. Mushy Love
(But his nickname amongst his friends is Gorilla!)

Besides, where's Ichiro? Honda(the soccer player not Takeshi)? Koji Murofushi?
If you don't know them, google and see how sexier they are than Nagatomo! Frustrated

So, my point is...there's no meaning or worth to a sexy athlete list with Nagatomo ranked in.
Don't get so angry at it guys, it's all bullshit! Laugh

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:57 pm

maowataiyo wrote:
klarification wrote:

Quote :

HOW DARE THEY! Very Mad

Don't mind them. It just shows how petty they are. Most skaters do have some offbeat expression when they are jumping. The only skater that I know whose expression doesn't change that much is Mirai. You know what's funny is though, a couple of months ago Yuna had a small feature in Sports Illustrated with a ginourmous picture of her midjump- jaws & fist clinched, eyes looking up with mostly the white showing. My friends and I were like, couldn't they used a more suitable picture? I don't know what the hell the editor was thinking.

I find both Mao and Yuna to be very pretty girls with Yuna being more of the sexy type and Mao being more of a beautiful type.

I think that anyone using a jump picture for an athlete pic is a pretty lame move. Almost NO ONE looks particularly attractive during a jump.

Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:20 am

alyssa wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought when I first saw this topic as well. And, in my opinion, "sweet" is better than "sexy" any day Very Happy Anyone can be sexy with a bit of mascara and the right clothing, but when you take all that away, how many has as sweet a face as Mao? Wub

Mao's features are the type that withstands time and aging. I bet that, in thirty years' time, she'll be just as beautiful as she is now Yep!.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!   

Back to top Go down

Mao & Yu-Na in Asia's 30 sexiest athletes!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1