HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:14 pm

kitkat00 wrote:
chiyori wrote:
clovera wrote:

chiyori wrote:
Did you guys see the requirements for juniors on page 137 of Comm. 1609? Required solo jump for ladies and men: loop in 2010-2011, lutz in 2011-2012, and flip in 2012-2013...
It's great to see the alternating jump and spin requirements continue for the next few seasons. In terms of Ice Dance, it looks like the CD has indeed been completely removed from major senior-level competitions and is now called a "Pattern Dance" (the OD, similarly, is now the Short Dance). The Pattern Dance is more or less a junior-only segment now. Sweatdrop

Has this been going on in the last seasons? I never really did follow juniors before... Were they already only allowed to do a specific jump out of connecting steps?

I think it's already something that was required? I know that this season the flip was required... Yuzuru had to do it even though he got an edge call every time! Razz I could be thinking of something else though?

Ah well not new then, but still a very good thing! Razz There are so many interesting upcoming juniors now... I might start following them a little more. flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:16 pm

tianrushui wrote:
coach information
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/100617/spm1006170516000-n1.htm
seems like akiko's coach would be her jump coach.
I didn't think he would be jump coach... Shocked
This article says Mao is going to have a press conference on 6/20, when she'll come back from Canada. And also says she will announce new programs there!! cheers
Thanks for the info, tianrushui!

Edit: I corrected the date of press conference.

Last edited by mingming on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:28 pm

Hey guys, I just read this. Most of it's old news, but there's a little bit in there at least I haven't heard yet. So here it is for anyone else who hasn't yet either:

"Ladies will be allowed to do 3A in lieu of 2A in SP." This is likely in reference to all or part of (proposal #268 - Rule 511 - Short Program Singles - 1. a) that changes the SP requirements to have only 7 instead of 8 required elements and (Short Program Singles - 2. Ladies a) allows the 3A for Senior Ladies).

"The 3A will now be allowed as the solo axel-type jump in the Senior Ladies SP." It also included the following: "The Japanese Federation proposal to give bonus points for difficult techniques and a successfully completed women's triple Axel was rejected."

Here is the link: http://www.blazingblades.com/728769961/2010-isu-congress-update/

As far as the coaching thing goes, it sounds like good news! I think it would be a really good thing for Mao to have a jumping coach. If that coach ends up being the one, he sounds like a good fit.

And I will be counting the days till July 20th! Confetti

Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Star85 wrote:
It also included the following: "The Japanese Federation proposal to give bonus points for difficult techniques and a successfully completed women's triple Axel was rejected."
That particular proposal was shot down, unfortunately. It's to be expected though - I seriously doubt any other federation besides Russia and Japan will want a bonus point rule in place for quads and other difficult elements. Laughing

mingming wrote:
This article says Mao is going to have a press conference on 7/20, when she'll come back from Canada. And also says she will announce new programs there!! cheers
Isn't it June? The article said she'll announce her music choices right after she returns from Canada, and the Korean articles during the Hyundai SuperMatch reported Mao will leave for Canada right after the show (which will mean she's in Canada at the moment and working with Lori).

Either way, I can't wait! Many Hearts

View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:44 pm

chiyori wrote:
tianrushui wrote:
coach information
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/100617/spm1006170516000-n1.htm
seems like akiko's coach would be her jump coach.

cheers cheers cheers

I think Nagakubo-san did a fantastic jump helping Akiko get her jumps back! I would be VERY excited with this choice!! He looks like such a sweet man too... I'm sure he and Mao would click!
I haven't followed Akiko much, so I have no idea what her jumps were like before vs. now...what in particular did he help her with?

We're starting to get news now...yay! And can't wait to hear her music choices and her main coach! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:42 pm

clovera wrote:
mingming wrote:
This article says Mao is going to have a press conference on 7/20, when she'll come back from Canada. And also says she will announce new programs there!! cheers
Isn't it June? The article said she'll announce her music choices right after she returns from Canada, and the Korean articles during the Hyundai SuperMatch reported Mao will leave for Canada right after the show (which will mean she's in Canada at the moment and working with Lori).

Ahhh!! It's my mistake. It's 6/20! Thanks for correcting me, clovera! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:04 pm

mingming wrote:
clovera wrote:
mingming wrote:

Ahhh!! It's my mistake. It's 6/20! Thanks for correcting me, clovera! Thank you!

oh my god, that is SOOOO soon Very Happy !! CAn't wait !!! Glad about the jump coach Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Wow i go on vacation an i miss SO MUCH!!! affraid

Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:32 am

mingming wrote:
clovera wrote:
mingming wrote:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Even better! Just a few more days! Confetti

Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:18 am

clovera, Star85 and tianrushui, Thank you for the news about the rule changes and Mao's coaching situation! flower

Am esctatic to hear that we will be able to know more about Mao's music choices so soon! I've missed Lori's EX choreography for Mao; So deep is the night is probably my favourite EX of Mao. It was so special. For me, TAT brought out the diva, the fire and the passion in Mao but Lori presented Mao in the most natural and effortless way.

With the jumpinp coach now decided, I am truly looking forward to seeing 3-3 back in her programs. Razz

This video has been on YT for several months already but it caught my attention because it contains the comments of a ISU Japanese judge on Mao at Worlds 2010. Would someone be so kind to share with us gists of what she said? Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCIHFEF2dnA&feature=related
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 am

I read this article that analysis Mao's chances against Kim and I thought it was interesting.

http://www.achikule.com/2010/03/mao-chan-the-jason-richardson-nba-of-figure-skating/#respond

I'm not sure if I agree with everything especially the comparison to basketball players. (well I am not a NBA fan Razz ). But the writer does say a lot of the same things that commentators have been saying for a while about Mao. (i.e. her speed needs to improve). Btw, he does have a cool formula for calculating the points for a 3A-2T and 3-3 combos. It's actually better than the one they have now which still scores 3l-3t above 3A-2T.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:19 am

aoi88 wrote:
I read this article that analysis Mao's chances against Kim and I thought it was interesting.

http://www.achikule.com/2010/03/mao-chan-the-jason-richardson-nba-of-figure-skating/#respond

I'm not sure if I agree with everything especially the comparison to basketball players. (well I am not a NBA fan Razz ). But the writer does say a lot of the same things that commentators have been saying for a while about Mao. (i.e. her speed needs to improve). Btw, he does have a cool formula for calculating the points for a 3A-2T and 3-3 combos. It's actually better than the one they have now which still scores 3l-3t above 3A-2T.
That's an interesting article. Thanks for posting. I agree with you that his basketball analogy isn't the best one. Even putting the artistic side of figure skating aside, I'd actually argue that a basketball comparison would be in favor of Mao, not Yu-Na. Lebron James has often said that his spectacular dunks and moves (the ones the writer mentioned in his article) are often complete momentum changers. If Lebron's team is losing (even badly losing) and he steals the ball and does an amazing windmill dunk for example, the momentum completely changes and his team is inspired, and starts playing better, often winning. Layups and "easy shots", while obviously important, never completely change the course of the game like impressive, difficult dunks do. (I'd argue that Mao's triple axels have the same effect on her. After she lands her first one- or two- she is clearly relieved and lets herself go for the rest of the program. Yet landing her easier jumps doesn't have the same impact.) Plus, every shot that makes it in the basket scores 2 or 3 points, which is probably most like landing a jump. There are no GOE scores in basketball, so there's no difference between shots that soar right into the net vs ones that almost miss, but teeter in it eventually, nor are there more points for shots that come from a difficult angle or double/triple-teaming (which is probably most like difficult entries or transitions into jumps)...which means that Yu-Na's jumps and Mao's jumps, as long as they were landed, would be worth the same. Speed definitely is one issue that is relevant and I agree with the writer on, but I'm not sure the rest of the analogy stands up.

And 6/20!?!?!? Cheering Boogie That's so soon!! Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Thank you all guys for the news! cheers Thanks God Mao found a great jump coach, that means we will see her 3-3 and 3 lutz back, what can be more exciting? Who will be Mao's main coach? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:13 pm

I'm so excited!!! Razz
Can't wait to know her new music.

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Tomorrow Tomorrow
I love ya, Tomorrow
You'll alway be the day away
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:53 pm

clovera wrote:
http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/soccer/eusoccer/0910/players/headlines/20100616-00000051-kyodo_sp-spo.html

3A-for-women-in-the-SP amendment officially passed. Wink

ISU Communication 1609
ISU Communication 1615

There's quite a few proposals I hope will pass as well aside from eliminating anonymous judging, including:
Like a Star @ heaven Proposal 163, 164, 165, or 166 (Austria, Canada, Russia, US) Like a Star @ heaven
◇The elimination of the random draw◇
- I find this to be particularly important - the final result of a competition with a small point difference between competitors (say, 1 to 3 points) can almost always come out differently if a varying random draw of judges' scores were used. This "chance" factor playing heavily into the outcome of a skating competition was particularly bad this Olympic season and it's about time the concept is scrutinized and reconsidered. It's no wonder a total of four federations have a proposal to discontinue it...

Like a Star @ heaven Proposal 182 (Canada) Like a Star @ heaven
◆Removing the lowest and highest score given by the judging panel; only the remaining scores are used in calculating the final score of a particular skate◆
- This, combined with Proposals 163-166 (whichever one) should be a big step towards eliminating the factor of chance from deciding the outcome of a competition.

Like a Star @ heaven Proposal 185, 186, 187, 188 (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden) Like a Star @ heaven
◇Implement the 1.1x time bonus for jump elements in the Short Program◇
- This applies especially to the men. While front-loaded programs can work and aren't necessarily a bad thing, it seemed to be happening a bit too much this season. At this year's Worlds, only 7 of the top 24 men didn't front-load all three of their jumping passes as their first three elements (it was the exact opposite with the ladies).

This year's ISU Congress ends on the 18th; here's hoping for the best! cat

Random draw seems gone! GOOD!!! cheers
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?32375-The-ISU-Congress-now-in-procedure&p=507066

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:08 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Random draw seems gone! GOOD!!!
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?32375-The-ISU-Congress-now-in-procedure&p=507066

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Confetti

Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:16 am

This is the first time for me that I read and read sport rules and regulation
seriously! I got it from link by Clovera.
What I found out :
1. Sit spin, have no need to put lower part of the buttocks not higher
than the upper part of the knee. Mao can do this well and some skaters
like Yuna cannot. But now by this rule gone, sit spin like Yuna did also
be the good sit spin one.
2. No rule about Spiral Sequences anymore but it still worth that
they will reward in transition score, so still hope to see Fan Spiral
and Bielmann Spiral from Mao
3. In Ladies short program, they underlined Double or triple Axel
Paulsen. Is this the additional rule? If it is, then congrats for Mao.
So someone will break Mao's Guiness Record because she can do
4 times for 3-Axel in SP-FS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:11 am

Star85 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Random draw seems gone! GOOD!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Confetti

Good news indeed! cheers

Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:02 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Random draw seems gone! GOOD!!! cheers

Cheering Confetti FINALLY! This shouldn't even have been an issue in the first place, really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
supportmaoasada
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 pm

I am not sure if you guys know it already

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mao_asada

"On June 17, 2010 Asada announced that her jump coach will be Hiroshi Nagakubo" Very Happy

is he the current coach of Akiko?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Canada's Prop 164 (one of the four propositions aiming to eliminate the random draw) passed! This is great news, definitely. Razz

It also appears the new spiral rule - the one where it's no longer a scored element in the SP but is a scored element with the same scale in the FS - has also passed.

Finally, it seems the CD/Pattern Dance is out completely, despite a few proposals that favored it to remain at least on the junior level.

I wish the ISU will post a more detailed article regarding which of the proposals were actually approved though, since some of them are quite instrumental in shaping the 10-11 season (e.g., the 2A limitation rule) should they pass.

View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:29 pm

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/tosocyu/index.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:37 pm

6月27日は逃走中
part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1djznvP060
part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOcL3HF4BO0
part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-X2SBtNfuw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 pm

Thanks for the news guys! It seems like I have a lot of catching up to do?

And kirakira, thanks for the links you've posted! At first, I was confused when I saw the whole "Run for money!" opening part, but I'm glad I watched it. Mao is just too cute~!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   

Back to top Go down

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 26Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next