HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 pm

roma wrote:
Nope... It's sort of like an Asian Olympics for both Summer and Winter Sports. In the last 2007 Winter Games it was Yukari Nakano who won Gold in figure skating (ladies). Shizuka has a gold and silver from these games while Fumie has 2 silvers.

Now I'm wondering who Japan will send and if Mao will be included. It will be held in Astana and Almaty, Kazakhstan from January 30 - February 6.
Schedule-wise it's rather close to 4CC...I would think Mao will prioritize 4CC over it, if she does indeed choose to participate in it this season (which is pretty likely, since it's held in Asia and Mao has consistently showed up for it since 2008). I can't picture Miki attending it either. It'll be interesting to see who'll be chosen, that's for sure. cyclops

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
iceskatingfan
Double Axel
Double Axel

Location : Somewhere drinking hot chocolate on a cold winter day =]

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:46 am

I was just watching some of Mao's old programs and I really miss seeing her 3F-3L. It was so beautiful! I hope we see the return of it this season!

Btw, does anyone know why she stopped doing the 3F-3T? I know she only did it for one season and it did get marked UR a few times, but it was still pretty well done and I think with more practice she could've perfected it. I also think that at that time, her 3F-3T got as much height and flow as Yuna Kim's (although not as much distance).

Oh and is there a montage of Mao's 3-3s on Youtube anywhere? I saw one of Yuna's gorgeous 3-3s and hoped there would be one of Mao's too. flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Please, I saw this newspaper scan on this site http://azplanning.cocolog-nifty.com/neko/2010/09/post-59b7.html and I asked somebody on twitter what it says, and she said to me it says Mao seems to have fired Mr. Nagakubo but they don't know for sure Shocked Shocked Unconscious Panic! Whirly

Somebody translate it plz and tell what they say. I Hope it's not true. pale pale

here is the scan

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:48 pm

This is NO WORTH TO READ AT ALL.
It says Mr. Sato asked Mao to fire Mr.Nagakubo blah, blah.. Commentator
It even says Mao asked Orser to teach her. Disappointed
Some Japanese fans called this publishing company and said that Orser denied about it, then the company side said "Oh, really?!" Unconscious
So, they wrote this without gathering any proper data.

This kind of magazines (tabroid) like to write bad things about popular stars, like Ichiro(baseball player), Mao, Miki etc.
Japanese fans don't believe this kind of magazines at all. We believe only what Mao herself says.
So Dani-Chan, don't be bothered with this.

Last edited by mingming on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:50 pm

Edit: Thanks Mingming for the clarification. Now, I see why there was a picture of Yuna. Razz

Last edited by aoi88 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:52 pm

mingming wrote:
This is NO WORTH TO READ AT ALL.
It says Mr. Sato asked Mao to fire Mr.Nagakubo blah, blah.. Commentator
It even says Mao asked Orser to teach her. Disappointed
Some Japanese fans called this publishing company and said that Orser denied about it, then the company side said "Oh, really?!" Unconscious
So, they wrote this without gathering any proper data.

This kind of magazines (tabroid) like to write bad things about popular stars, like Ichiro(baseball player), Mao, Miki etc.
Japanese fans don't beleive this kind of papers at all. We believe only what Mao herself says.
So Dani-Chan, don't be bothered with this.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Daisies for you Wub
OMG thank you mingming, I was impatiently waiting for an answer, I think the tabloids got me Yep, Sadly Laugh
I am happy to know it's not true Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:55 pm

aoi88 wrote:
Edit: Thanks Mingming for the clarification. Now, I see why there was a picture of Yuna. Razz

I was asking myself the same cheers
When I saw the scan I thought it was something about Yuna's new coach or something lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
Please, I saw this newspaper scan on this site http://azplanning.cocolog-nifty.com/neko/2010/09/post-59b7.html and I asked somebody on twitter what it says, and she said to me it says Mao seems to have fired Mr. Nagakubo but they don't know for sure Shocked Shocked Unconscious Panic! Whirly
This just came up recently over at the JSF forums too.

Basically, it "claims" that:
Like a Star @ heaven Supposedly, Nobuo Sato will only agree to coach Mao if her team "removes" Coach Nagakubo first
Like a Star @ heaven Supposed insider information that the two (something about their "pride" apparently) would rather not work together
Like a Star @ heaven Something about how Mao should have chosen her main coach first, before picking a technical coach Rolling Eyes
Like a Star @ heaven A little paragraph discussing Mao's lack of variety in her jumps and how this made finding a jump coach even more problematic, as well as how risky it is for someone to agree to look after Mao
Like a Star @ heaven A brief summary of the Yu-na/Orser fiasco; supposed insider refutes the "we-weren't-involved" stance that Team Mao and IMG took, stating that IMG *did* informally contact Brian
Like a Star @ heaven Supposed interview with Coach Nagakubo on how his style of teaching (i.e., jumps) is different from that of Coach Sato's

...I apologize for going overboard with "supposed." Sweatdrop

Basically, it's another baseless article from a silly gossip magazine - the same one that had a feature on how Daisuke and Miki were dating when Dai was still under Morozov. Bleh. I'll take it with a grain of salt, and a very small one at that. Rolling Eyes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETA: Nevermind, mingming beat me to it. It sure makes for a good laugh, though. Who, me?

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/clovera
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Daisies for you Wub
OMG thank you mingming, I was impatiently waiting for an answer, I think the tabloids got me Yep, Sadly Laugh
I am happy to know it's not true Happy dance
Dani-Chan, I was scared too when I saw your post. But thankfully we have really fast awesome Japanese members here Very Happy

clovera wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
This just came up recently over at the JSF forums too.

Basically, it "claims" that:
Like a Star @ heaven Supposedly, Nobuo Sato will only agree to coach Mao if her team "removes" Coach Nagakubo first
Like a Star @ heaven Supposed insider information that the two (something about their "pride" apparently) would rather not work together
Like a Star @ heaven Something about how Mao should have chosen her main coach first, before picking a technical coach Rolling Eyes
Like a Star @ heaven A little paragraph discussing Mao's lack of variety in her jumps and how this made finding a jump coach even more problematic, as well as how risky it is for someone to agree to look after Mao
Like a Star @ heaven A brief summary of the Yu-na/Orser fiasco; supposed insider refutes the "we-weren't-involved" stance that Team Mao and IMG took, stating that IMG *did* informally contact Brian
Like a Star @ heaven Supposed interview with Coach Nagakubo on how his style of teaching (i.e., jumps) is different from that of Coach Sato's

...I apologize for going overboard with "supposed." Sweatdrop

Basically, it's another baseless article from a silly gossip magazine - the same one that had a feature on how Daisuke and Miki were dating when Dai was still under Morozov. Bleh. I'll take it with a grain of salt, and a very small one at that. Rolling Eyes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETA: Nevermind, mingming beat me to it. It sure makes for a good laugh, though. Who, me?
lol! It's a funny article because it's such garbage but your "supposed"s made it seem even funnier Laughing

Thank you to mingming and clovera! And I'm not sure I've said it yet, but three cheers for Mao's amazing team! Cheering She FINALLY has an amazing, stable, complete team behind her and the ideal situation (location, language, etc). She's accomplished so much on her own; it'll be awesome to see how much more she can accomplish with a team like this supporting her. Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:14 pm

I hope there soon are going to be a interview or practicing clips of mao... I reallyyy want to know how the training with her new coach is going and, if her jumps are improving if nshe feels ready for the GPS or which element of figure skating she is focusing on... aaarghhh some news please, the granprix series are soon gong to beginn and I really am dying to know how mao is doing these days...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Guys, have you realised we're just one week away from Japan Open and Mao's new LP? Very Happy

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:24 pm

alyssa wrote:
Guys, have you realised we're just one week away from Japan Open and Mao's new LP? Very Happy

OMG alyssa! I was so caught up celebrating Mao's birthday (and eating cakes!) to realize that the Japan Open is nearing! Time flies so fast. I hope Mao gets an interesting start of the season! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Thank you so much for your artwork klarification!!!! Many Hearts You're so awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:18 pm

does anyone know any site where I can watch japan open on the internet? I really want to see it... I canøt wait to see mao's new fs and polished sp especially the jumps and I really don't want to miss it..therefor if anyone knows a good site where I can watch it live could they please send the link to me with the time where japan open is shown...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:50 pm

OMG so excited to watch mao perform her new SP and LP, hope she does them perfectly or at least that she doesnt falls Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:33 am

Mao drinking champagne flower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br_-xCLN2Aw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:47 am

Thanks for the vid, mingming!

Mao's got a pretty big and tasty looking cake there! And Kozuka serving Mao the champagne... Plus, the number of clicks and flashes when Mao was drinking... It made me laugh! Razz

Oh, and why did the announcer cut off the part when Sato-sensei was talking? It may be just me but wow, rudeness much?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:25 am

at the end she didn´t drink so beautifull 20years i hope soon we can see more videos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:53 am

It seems Mao is going to be coached by Sato only from now on.

http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2010092600118

This is a short article from JiJitsushin, not tabloid, not a sports paper, basically reliable.

There's a sentence in the article which says she has 'dissolved her relationship with coach Nagakubo who she had been takin jumping lessons from since June'.

Well, I hate to admit it, but maybe that stupid article in Shukan-Bunshun was right...Maybe Sato took the job only on condition that team Mao would let Nagakubo go. I really like Nagakubo so I'm kind of disappointed. But since Nagakubo can't be with Mao all the time, if Sato is willing to be her main coach, I suppose there was no other way. Depressed Crying

I suspect that Mao did want Nagakubo to go on coaching her, so they were trying to persuade Sato to take the job with Nagakubo staying as jumping coach, but Sato didn't like it. Maybe that was what made them take so long in finding a main coach for her. Mao probabaly had to choose between just Nagakubo for jumping coach or just Sato for main coach. pale

I bet everyone around her preferred Sato more than Nagakubo since he can only watch her jumps. I have a feeling Mao wanted Nagakubo to go on deep down, but she felt a need for a main coach, and keeping Nagakubo would seem like she'll be waiting for Akiko to retire, so she decided to go with Sato only. I only hope that Mao and Nagakubo are still in good terms, which I pretty much think they are. Yep, Sadly

So as I assumed in the very beginning....Sato has become Mao's only coach in the end. I did prefer Nagakubo though. But of course, Sato is a great coach too. Smile

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
dawnsherearequiet

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:03 am

mingming wrote:
Mao drinking champagne flower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br_-xCLN2Aw
Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ballerinamao
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:11 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
It seems Mao is going to be coached by Sato only from now on.

http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=spo_30&k=2010092600118

This is a short article from JiJitsushin, not tabloid, not a sports paper, basically reliable.

There's a sentence in the article which says she has 'dissolved her relationship with coach Nagakubo who she had been takin jumping lessons from since June'.

Well, I hate to admit it, but maybe that stupid article in Shukan-Bunshun was right...Maybe Sato took the job only on condition that team Mao would let Nagakubo go. I really like Nagakubo so I'm kind of disappointed. But since Nagakubo can't be with Mao all the time, if Sato is willing to be her main coach, I suppose there was no other way. Depressed Crying

I suspect that Mao did want Nagakubo to go on coaching her, so they were trying to persuade Sato to take the job with Nagakubo staying as jumping coach, but Sato didn't like it. Maybe that was what made them take so long in finding a main coach for her. Mao probabaly had to choose between just Nagakubo for jumping coach or just Sato for main coach. pale

I bet everyone around her preferred Sato more than Nagakubo since he can only watch her jumps. I have a feeling Mao wanted Nagakubo to go on deep down, but she felt a need for a main coach, and keeping Nagakubo would seem like she'll be waiting for Akiko to retire, so she decided to go with Sato only. I only hope that Mao and Nagakubo are still in good terms, which I pretty much think they are. Yep, Sadly

So as I assumed in the very beginning....Sato has become Mao's only coach in the end. I did prefer Nagakubo though. But of course, Sato is a great coach too. Smile

I can't believe this, are you sure that the article is reliable, maybe it's just a rumour I certainly don't hope it's true. mao has great step seq, spins, spirals the only thing she may need is jumps. and nagakube is the perfect choice to help her with it. I am going crazy why the hell does mao need to be affected by the bad relationship between nobuo and sato can't they both just coach mao and try to get along. cause like I said nagakube is the right one to help mao's jumps... if nobuo really demanded that mao had to fire nagakube to be her coach then he is really pissing me off. the season is soon going to begin and mao needs him now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:16 am

Thanks PochiPota for the article. These articles say almost same things.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20100926-OYT1T00440.htm
http://www.daily.co.jp/newsflash/2010/09/26/0003478403.shtml
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/flash/KFullFlash20100926107.html

ballerinamao, we don't know whether the relationship between Nagakubo and Sato is bad or not. That magazine was filled with malice (these magazines are always like this).
We don't know who decided their dissolution from today's articles.

From the first, Mao said that once the coming season started, she can't ask Mr.Nagakubo to teach her because he has Akiko, Haruka and Mura.
Mr.Sato won Japan National 10 times as a single skater, and Kozuka became a quad jumper now under Mr.Sato's coaching.
Now finally Mao has a main coach and Mao is pleased with it.
So let's believe in them! Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:20 am

I can't respond to this piece of news properly now. I'm doing my projects... BUT SERIOUSLY WHAT. How can this happen? They didn't even last a year. I mean, I love Sato and all, but Nagakubo is the man who can help her stabilize her jumps. What's going to happen now? I don't want to believe this.

I'll try to be more sense on my next post, I promise. I'm a bit sleepy. Maybe when I wake up I'll find out that this was just a product of a journalist's overactive imagination. Unconscious
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:25 am

Thanks Pochi and MingMing for the articles. And thanks MingMing for the clip. I was happy to see Taka-chan pouring champagne for Mao. Many Hearts

I am kinda sad that Mao will no longer be working with Nakagubo since they appeared to get along quite well. But I did worry that there may be a conflict of interests when there are two coaches. Earlier Nakagubo was also talking about possible layouts he would like Mao to try and I think that these decisions will fall under the responsiblity of the main coach. Sato is known to be a low key coach so maybe he doesn't want their plans to be publicized. There's also the fact that Nakagubo has other skaters to take care of during the season, so maybe this is for the best. Like Mingming, I am just glad she finally has a coach to watch over her regularly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:29 am

Well, I hope Sato dissuades her from the idea of three 3As. Yep, Sadly

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Today at 5:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next