HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:46 am

Maybe their arrangement is that Mao will have lessons with Nagakubo during off seasons. Will make sense since he will be very busy with his skaters also where he's the main coach. But I don't think it'll stop him from giving bits of advice just like when he gave advice to Mao last season when Mao was struggling with her 3As.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:44 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ga0s7JWZg

what did Mao sayin the video?
i love her jumps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olive

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:15 am

Two more small videos from Mao`s birthday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMN56GAOQHM Wub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br_-xCLN2Aw

Happy belated birthday, Mao! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goldmao

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:47 am

Too many cooks spoil the broth. With that in mind I guess that it's not really bad that Mao only has Sato as coach....
I don't really know both of them but since they seem to have a different approach towards jumps and figure skating in general, it might be better for Mao to have one coach only helping her...having both as coach might be a bit too much and in the end she ends up being comepletely confused about what to do!
Let's just see how it goes...I can't wait for the weekend to come Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:49 pm

BowbowDaijin wrote:

(Ha, I laughed to Kim Yu-na Song sung by her fans? which listed
every triple jump and her Double Loop that they were impressive.
Yeah. Double Loop.)

You mean the one where that guy is singing, and his voice is really bad, and he accuses Japanese skaters of interfering her warmups, and disses Mao? I hate that song!

Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:00 pm

Star85 wrote:
BowbowDaijin wrote:

Yeah. Double Loop.)

You mean the one where that guy is singing, and his voice is really bad, and he accuses Japanese skaters of interfering her warmups, and disses Mao? I hate that song!

There was a song like that? Shocked
Shameful! Yu-na fans who bring down Mao just to make Yu-na appear better are shameful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:18 pm

klarification wrote:
Star85 wrote:
BowbowDaijin wrote:

Yeah. Double Loop.)

Shameful! Yu-na fans who bring down Mao just to make Yu-na appear better are shameful!

Yes, unfortunately there is Rolling Eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj25_8-9IQ8&feature=fvsr Thumbs down baby!

Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Poor guy, he looks like a zombie: Yu-na, Yu-na, Yu-na ........ Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:18 pm

Star85 wrote:
Ah, I remember that. I guess it was nice of him to write a song from scratch and dedicate it to Yu-Na, although including the interference brouhaha and the "Mao's potential is dim" (something along those lines) as part of the lyrics was really just...unfortunate. And highly ironic. And very sell-out-ey to the wonderful bots out there. I'll leave it at that. Razz

Dance Just four days left until JO and the Liebestraume FS!! Dance

View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:53 pm

acknowledging news links and clips shared. Pochinko Potanko, mingming, and kirakira いつもありがとう!

i adore how Mao tried her best not to sip too much champagne, and how she said after sipping a bit
"i think i will be dizzy/tipsy"! :-) good girl Mao!
I think her jumps looked good, the 2nd loop looks under-rotated though i'm not really sure sometimes Mao tends to rotate very straight and fast that it's hard to look. I have to say she is on the go and jumping with so much flare and vivacity now, more than I've ever seen her before. I think our girl is very determined and having her confidence back on her jumps, which is a good sign.

Have carefully read all the news articles posted and checked if i was mistaken. i, too are a little confuse with Yomiuri Shimbun's statement, that Mao will again be handled by Nagakubo Coach at the end of the season, while they, and the rest of the paper are announcing Sato Coach alone has been decided as Mao's main coach. I just hope we can really see the whole picture and the real set-up as the season progressed, if not sooner.

Honestly, I was thrilled to see Mao training her jumps with Nagakubo Coach, and hoping he would be Mao's permanent coach after all. But seeing the picture and looking at the real situation. He cannot be Mao's permanent coach now with Akiko, Mura etc. all under his wings. As much as i wanted and hoped for him to be Mao's jumping coach at least, while Sato is her main coach, obviously it didn't worked for the two coaches.

i think it'll really be a "pie in the sky" for Mao to keep both. I couldn't be very thankful enough that Mao has a main coach now in Sato and that's relieving enough for me. It's almost near the season so I don't expect for Mr. Sato to polish Mao on every aspect of her skating with only a little time. We can only hope for the best here and give both Sato and Mao time to blend well together. I'd say perhaps if Sato will be really effective to Mao - remains to be seen.

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube

Last edited by purplemaze on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Star85 wrote:
klarification wrote:
Star85 wrote:
BowbowDaijin wrote:

Yeah. Double Loop.)

Yes, unfortunately there is Rolling Eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj25_8-9IQ8&feature=fvsr Thumbs down baby!

LOL. I was watching this and almost spat out my coffee. Too funny LMAO.

clovera wrote:
Dance Just four days left until JO and the Liebestraume FS!! Dance

I'M SO EXCITED!!! Cheering Happy dance Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:48 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
Star85 wrote:
klarification wrote:
Star85 wrote:
BowbowDaijin wrote:

Yeah. Double Loop.)

I actually sent a message to this guy and told him he didn't have to include lyrics about the impeding accusations, and surprise! He replied and said he meant the song to be ironic, and that he was making fun of the whole Yuna boom in Korea. I told him that most people who see your video don't seem to realize that, and he said they got it wrong, but he'll let people take it as they like. After that, I just felt sorry for all the Yuna fans commenting to his video like 'I love your music!' or 'This song is great!' sort of thing. He lives in Korea, so it's better that people misunderstand his motives there for his sake. But anyway...terrible music, terrible song! Rolling Eyes

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:34 am

Pochinko Potanko wrote:
I actually sent a message to this guy and told him he didn't have to include lyrics about the impeding accusations, and surprise! He replied and said he meant the song to be ironic, and that he was making fun of the whole Yuna boom in Korea. I told him that most people who see your video don't seem to realize that, and he said they got it wrong, but he'll let people take it as they like. After that, I just felt sorry for all the Yuna fans commenting to his video like 'I love your music!' or 'This song is great!' sort of thing. He lives in Korea, so it's better that people misunderstand his motives there for his sake. But anyway...terrible music, terrible song!

Gosh! Rolling Eyes I just saw this one now, and i just can't get any sense out of this video,
impeding accusations, Mao's potentials are dim??? Mad
i really am so tired of these youtube "Yuna-fans" videos, trying to praise their so-called queen in expense of spitting out trash against Mao. Worst is they are now trashing Brian Orser too, when it was seems like yesterday, they only have praises for him. I am no racist but it is such a shame!...cheap crap...couldn't be more creative huh! well, i think that's just how they praise their queen in Korea. Yep, Sadly

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:39 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
Star85 wrote:
klarification wrote:
Star85 wrote:
BowbowDaijin wrote:

Yeah. Double Loop.)

I actually sent a message to this guy and told him he didn't have to include lyrics about the impeding accusations, and surprise! He replied and said he meant the song to be ironic, and that he was making fun of the whole Yuna boom in Korea. I told him that most people who see your video don't seem to realize that, and he said they got it wrong, but he'll let people take it as they like. After that, I just felt sorry for all the Yuna fans commenting to his video like 'I love your music!' or 'This song is great!' sort of thing. He lives in Korea, so it's better that people misunderstand his motives there for his sake. But anyway...terrible music, terrible song! Rolling Eyes

lololol
Who agrees with me that the "doo doo doo" part is the best part of that miserable song Y/Y? lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:44 am

I think it is a little ironic but not sure for his purpose to ironize or not.
Though English is an international language, people use in many ways.
I cannot understand Australian ironic way and misunderstood when
one of my Australian companion said "Oh I like it" but in fact she hated
that.

Is it ironic enough if I show a board written

"GO YUNA! DOUBLE LOOP QUEEN" or "GO GALACTIC SCORE QUEEN"

But I will not do that so. It will be cruel for 20 year-old girl who has
a dream to be a star.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:04 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Yeah, that makes much more sense...I thought some of the lyrics were a little too over-the-top to be entirely complimentary lol!.

And Dani-chan - I think we should all sing along, "DOO DOO DOO" ROTFLMAO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:00 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:32 am

http://www.daily.co.jp/general/2010/09/27/0003479620.shtml
^ Could someone translate what the gist of this is? Someone on FSU posted kind of a weird translation:
Aiming at clearing all kind of jumps with perfection as the plan of plural years, she had tackled with Nagakubo coach, but Sato coach expressed just the opposite thought, saying, "The sensuous one doesn't get good even if changing it suddenly and to change it is the extremely dangerous act".

Does that mean Sato doesn't want to rework her technique at all, or that it needs to happen more gradually?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:16 am

bellarina wrote:
^ Could someone translate what the gist of this is? Someone on FSU posted kind of a weird translation:
Aiming at clearing all kind of jumps with perfection as the plan of plural years, she had tackled with Nagakubo coach, but Sato coach expressed just the opposite thought, saying, "The sensuous one doesn't get good even if changing it suddenly and to change it is the extremely dangerous act".

Does that mean Sato doesn't want to rework her technique at all, or that it needs to happen more gradually?

The translation crack me up a little. The sensuous one? Laugh I think it's probably the latter point: he wants to do things more gradually. I think in another report, Sato says they will try to build on the skills Mao already has. So rather than a complete rehaul, he might be aiming for smaller improvements. I feel Sato has a much more realistic view of things. I admire what Nakagubo was trying to aim for but a complete technique rehaul for a skater going into her twenties is an extremely risky endeavor. Of course, the potential benefits are great but there's also the possibility that it might not work out in the end. Sato's approach is less risky and in my opinion, probably smarter. I think at this point, it's more important for Mao to put out consistent performances. I think sacrificing consistency is very risky and potentially dangerous because of all the talented juniors who will be eager to take the top places once they are eligible.

Last edited by aoi88 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : silly grammar mistakes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cera
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:43 am

bellarina wrote:

I followed the link and there was this translation feature. Just thought I'd post it..for more clarity. Maybe Japanese speakers can help? Well, here it is...

"Kubo Takeshi coach, has been working on multi-year plan with the goal of jump to jump to all kinds of perfection. Sato coach "sensuous shall suddenly be changed to work. By changing the very dangerous act" contrary to the idea of showing off. Combine two different teaching methods was difficult."

Ok, sentence by sentence..here goes.

First, 'Kubo Takeshi coach', I assume this to mean Nagakubo coach, based on the first translation also. The first sentence merely seems to be talking about the plan that Nagakubo had earlier of perfecting Mao's jump technique, which he expected to take a few years.

Second, well, the word 'sensuous' is still there but i think it may mean 'sensei'. Meaning they changed coaches.

Third, maybe it means that coach Sato thought that Nagakubo's plan was too dangerous for Mao if she wanted to 'show off', meaning give good performances.

Fourth, this may be the reason for Nagakubo leaving Team Mao, being that to combine both the teaching methods of Sato and Nagakubo was too difficult.

Hope that helps a bit... Smile maybe now the Japanese speakers will come and put us out of our misery :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanatsuki

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:09 pm

I am not very good at translating Japanese into English, but I will give it a try Very Happy

It says that:
Mao Asada has decided to proceed on her way under Mr. Nobuo Sato’s tutelage and he will be the only coach for her. During the public workout held on September 26th, Asada, who had been learning jumping techniques from Mr. Hiroshi Nagakubo, said, “My jumps have been good. I am looking forward to competing under Nobuo Sensei’s tutelage.”

Asada initially planned to take a few years to master all kinds of jumps under Mr. Nagakubo’s coaching. However, Mr. Sato, who just assumed to be her head coach this September, had a different opinion from Mr. Nagakubo. “I do not think it works well to be hasty in going over what you have learned from experience. I would say it is a dangerous way to improve your techniques,” quoted Mr. Sato. It turned out that there was no way (for Asada Camp) but to choose one out of the two coaches with different teaching strategies.

The day before was Mao’s birthday. She was cerebrated by some including her sister Mai and took a sip of champagne for the first time of her life. “Wow I’m gonna feel dizzy. What could I do if I fell down? ,“ said Mao, rolling her eyes in fun. Then she went in an honest manner and said, “(As an adult) I hope to have a stronger sense of responsibility and take it upon myself to what I decide to do. “

-------end of translation….

This report has left out a lot of necessary information for a reader to see how matters stand. All comments of Mao and Mr. Sato were shown in quotes, but I do not think they quoted exactly what they said. I think all those comments were cut short. Anyway, I hope I could deliver the meaning a bit better than the one you read, Bellarina. Laugh We may see some reports implying as if Mao fired Mr. Nagakubo, but the truth is that we do not and will not know, at least for a while, who and how the decision was made. All we have learned is that Mr. Nagakubo is no longer Mao’s coach and Mr. Sato is. As usual some of Japanese medium will likely try to deliver false (and ill) info on this Very Mad So far as I learned, there seems to be no bad feelings between Mr. Nagakubo and Mao. That is what matters the most, I suppose Very Happy

And I agree with everything you said, aoi88 Thumbs up! Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:58 pm

hanatsuki wrote:
I am not very good at translating Japanese into English, but I will give it a try Very Happy

It says that:
Mao Asada has decided to proceed on her way under Mr. Nobuo Sato’s tutelage and he will be the only coach for her. During the public workout held on September 26th, Asada, who had been learning jumping techniques from Mr. Hiroshi Nagakubo, said, “My jumps have been good. I am looking forward to competing under Nobuo Sensei’s tutelage.”

Asada initially planned to take a few years to master all kinds of jumps under Mr. Nagakubo’s coaching. However, Mr. Sato, who just assumed to be her head coach this September, had a different opinion from Mr. Nagakubo. “I do not think it works well to be hasty in going over what you have learned from experience. I would say it is a dangerous way to improve your techniques,” quoted Mr. Sato. It turned out that there was no way (for Asada Camp) but to choose one out of the two coaches with different teaching strategies.

The day before was Mao’s birthday. She was cerebrated by some including her sister Mai and took a sip of champagne for the first time of her life. “Wow I’m gonna feel dizzy. What could I do if I fell down? ,“ said Mao, rolling her eyes in fun. Then she went in an honest manner and said, “(As an adult) I hope to have a stronger sense of responsibility and take it upon myself to what I decide to do. “

-------end of translation….

This report has left out a lot of necessary information for a reader to see how matters stand. All comments of Mao and Mr. Sato were shown in quotes, but I do not think they quoted exactly what they said. I think all those comments were cut short. Anyway, I hope I could deliver the meaning a bit better than the one you read, Bellarina. Laugh We may see some reports implying as if Mao fired Mr. Nagakubo, but the truth is that we do not and will not know, at least for a while, who and how the decision was made. All we have learned is that Mr. Nagakubo is no longer Mao’s coach and Mr. Sato is. As usual some of Japanese medium will likely try to deliver false (and ill) info on this Very Mad So far as I learned, there seems to be no bad feelings between Mr. Nagakubo and Mao. That is what matters the most, I suppose Very Happy

And I agree with everything you said, aoi88 Thumbs up! Yep!
Thank you hanatsuki!! Hmm...it seems Sato is being vague at this point, probably deliberately. Even with a great translation (thanks to hanatsuki! and cera wasn't far off!), he hasn't really clarified what exactly he'll be helping her with in terms of her jumps. I agree that a complete technical overhaul may not be practical (I think we can all agree that Mao will never be a power jumper like Midori), but I do hope they work to improve aspects of her jumps, like getting a bit more height and distance, as well as firm landings. And who knows, maybe Sato has the same end result in mind that Nagakubo does but just wants to get there slower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Hey! I found this.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E8%88%9E-%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E3%83%BB%E3%83%9F%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF2010-2011-DVD%E4%BB%98-%E3%82%AA%E3%83%A0%E3%83%8B%E3%83%90%E3%82%B9-%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B7%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF/dp/B003YY8KCY/ref=sr_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285729686&sr=8-2

Mai and Mao Skating Music will be released in 20th October.
I could not find Schnittke's Tango anywhere, so I can listen here.
Or if Mao will not bring out her other EX until October, there will
be a spoil about that program thru this music album. By the way,
there's no report yet about music in album, but I think there will
be only 3-5 new ones and other 5 old ones as last year's album.
In DVD, I think there will be Ballade EX program which we've
already seen thru Youtube.

Last edited by BowbowDaijin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:49 pm

Yak!

from Tower Record site
http://tower.jp/item/2764526/%E6%B5%85%E7%94%B0%E8%88%9E&%E7%9C%9F%E5%A4%AE%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E3%83%BB%E3%83%9F%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF2010-11-%EF%BC%BBCD+DVD%EF%BC%BD

Music lists are:
1.Tango by Schnittke
2.Liebestraume
3.Ballade No.1
4.Un Bel Di from Madame Butterfly
5.Introduction 11 pm
6.In the Mood
7.Shall We Dance
8.Narration1
9.Nocturne
10.Narration2
11.Fantasie Impromptu
12.Narration3
13.Liebestraume (another version?)
14.Narration4
15.Bells of Moscow

That means another EX, they said Encore, is Un Bel Di from Madame Butterfly.
I love this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:00 am

Mao is on Sporto Fujitel ch.8 ....they'll have a feature of her on the Ladies Day section...she will be on in a few minutes....
for those in Japan check it out...i am watching now.....

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   

Back to top Go down

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next