HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:24 am

Thanks hanatsuki for translating. I guess it's kind of difficult to translate what exactly Sato meant by saying 「感覚的なものは、急に変えてもうまくならない。」 in his quotes. 感覚的 does mean sensuous in direct translation, but it's hard to make out what Sato means by, say, 'sensuous'. I suppose he means the rythms for Mao's jumps which she's adopted throughout her experiences in years of jumping. And also just the feeling that Mao has towards jumps; what points she should focus on just when she's about to jump, how her body reacts naturally to jumping unconsciously...mayebe those kinds of things too.

I do think Sato wants to improve her jumps as well as Nagakubo did, but it's something like, Sato wants to do it by evolution, whereas Nagakubo would prefer revolution.

I do think that Mao's jumps need more distance and flow in order to get more GOEs. They used to give GOEs to jumps with either height or distance, but since some seasons ago, it became like jumps with both height had distance can only get GOEs. I'm not really in favor of this GOE rule, cause I appreciate both jumps with only height and ones with only distance. It's part of the skater's color. I think maybe if everyone started jumping the same kind of text book jumps, FS might become boring in a way. I would seperate the conditions for giving GOEs to jumps like: 1.jump with amazing height 2. jump with amazing distance. In this way, both types of jumpers would get credit for the good points in their jumps, and those who have will get GOEs for both. But now, if I remember correctly, the height and distance thing is in the same category, so even if you're great in one of them, you won't get GOE unless you're also great in the other. Also the thing is, those who have jumps with distance are more likelly to be credited while the rules are like this. If they jump a certain long amount in distance, it automatically means they had a certain amount of height to make this possible. Whereas, even if you jump incredibly high, like Mao's 3As, it doesn't mean she had distance.

Since the rules for jump GOEs are like that, with the current GOE system, I still think they won't be giving much GOEs to her 3As just as last season. I'm sure both Nagakubo and Sato knows all this, and that's why they both do think her jumps should get fixed. But in contrast from Nagakubo wanting for her to start from zero, so to get rid of all her habits in jumping, Sato thinks Mao should keep her instincts for jumping, and only work on fixing flow and distance based on them.

I have no idea, which of these coaches' methods would've been better for Mao. But I have to admit that Sato's method would lower some risks. Mao may well be able to make her jumps better, by not sacrificing that many competitions before Sochi by Sato's method. It will also save Mao from alot of mental issues. Even if she understands that she can't do everything perfect until all her jumps are fixed, if she goes through tough seasons of maybe even missing the podium many times because she's trying to achieve her jumps again from zero, I fear that it might take away her confidence, and she may not be able to head towards Sochi in a good mental state.

So, although I preferred Nagakubo...I think I'll put my trust in Sato for a while and see how it goes. If that's the decision Mao made, I'll believe that's the best choice, and will support her as I've always did. Yep!

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Hey girls, Kunameko updated her blog with the translation of a new Mao interview.
It's very interesting, she talks about how Mr. Nagakubo started to rework her jumps and how was her trip to Hawaii Love Hearts Love Hearts

Link --->http://kumaneko037.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-64.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
Hey girls, Kunameko updated her blog with the translation of a new Mao interview.
It's very interesting, she talks about how Mr. Nagakubo started to rework her jumps and how was her trip to Hawaii Love Hearts Love Hearts

Link --->http://kumaneko037.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-64.html

Quote :

I asked her to remember to take rest once a week. Teenage skaters can continue training without being exhausted, but it is important for grown up skaters to take rest properly. She will have to increase training before competitions after all, so I told her to follow my advice on the pace of training. I have yet to have her practice with Takahiko Kozuka, but it will be a good opportunity for her to practice with a male skater.

She's going to practice with Kozuka-kun~! Wub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☆Genie
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Thanks everybody that has contributed to this thread ~
I have already started a new thread for the new season's Mao news. Please reply all of your discussions/thoughts/translations/and news clips over there from now on!!!!

Cloud 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Thank you PochinkoPotanko and Dani-Chan for the news.

I cant wait for Japan Open, I'm so anxious Happy dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   

Back to top Go down

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 26 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26