HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:02 am

OMG Mao and Tango Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts
The LP is very soft and cute, I can imagine Mao doing that Wub
Chopin Ballad is beautiful, let's wait for something soft as "So deep is the night" Wub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:05 am

kirakira wrote:
Mao's new EX : Chopin Ballade No.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZhO3zh6hiE

Cheering

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:06 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
aoi88 wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Btw guys...it says in the article that Mao said:
'There are movements which illustrates emotions for a certain man. I can express who I am now'...concerning Lori's choreography!!!!! Hmmm? Cool

Okay, Mao-Taka rooters...imagine what you like! cheers

The Japanese words were 「一人の男性を思うような動きも入っている。今の自分を出せる」. It was kind of hard to translate this into English for some reason...I'm not sure if I translated it totally the way Mao meant it, so try auto-translation and figure out for yourselves what it might mean.

Could Taka be this certain man? Wub Too sweet!

OKAY! SORRY GUYS, FALSE ALARM!

It was written in another newspaper article that she seems to have said 'Whether or not there is someone in my life is a different story but...', before she mentioned the former quote I posted. She also added, 'I'd like to imagine (there is someone) while I skate'. Drama!

But well...I think she might be changing a bit. She used to say 'No not at all' or 'I don't have anyone' period, whenever she was asked about romance. 'Whether or not...' is getting much closer I think! Laugh

affraid Maybe Mao already has a someone in mind Who, me? Lips sealed Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coconut
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:11 am

kirakira wrote:

Thanks for the information.
Aww, Mao and Chopin again!!! It's gonna be awesome for sure, it really is Mao's style. Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:12 am

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short program music choice is just...WOW!!!!!!!!! And I hope Lori will make a good LP for Mao, I'm not very happy with the music but this music is very comfortable for Mao, so I'm happy. geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFXbikbxT1c another version of tango.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:20 am

kirakira wrote:

This is beautiful.
It seems much more complex than either of the music for her SP and FP though. I imagined something more simple and soft since it's Chopin, but it's very deep and artistic. But at the same time it's also entertaining, because all the sounds are so alive, it doesn't bore you. It's nothing like the typical Chopin you'd expect from Mao...I wonder how they will edit this? I'm already looking so forward to this pro as much as the others. Yep!

Thank you so much kirakira for the link!

Dani-chan...for a brief moment when I saw her photo in the article, I thought the way she wore her scarf was kind of similar to how a certain male skater whom eveyone wants to marry in this forum wore his scarf in a variety show quite recently...Oh but sadly, I'm sure it's just a meaningless coincidence. Mai must've advised her on the latest mode in how to wear a scarf...Dai, Takahiko...I just can't picture it... Depressed Crying

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:24 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Dani-chan...for a brief moment when I saw her photo in the article, I thought the way she wore her scarf was kind of similar to how a certain male skater whom eveyone wants to marry in this forum wore his scarf in a variety show quite recently...Oh but sadly, I'm sure it's just a meaningless coincidence. Mai must've advised her on the latest mode in how to wear a scarf...Dai, Takahiko...I just can't picture it... Depressed Crying

Hell, no! Hell, no! Well..someday..someday...I will never lose hope Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:49 am

Omgosh!

I've been touring Montreal and didn't check this forum, and look at all the things that I've found out when I came back!

I'm sooo excited for next season and am SO Happy with Mao's selections! It's game on!
We've got Tango, Liszt, and Chopin in one season!!! That is really a treat!
I'm in such a good mood now hahaha! cheers Cheering Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:20 am

Can't wait to know TAT's exhibition version , I'm sure I will like it more then Lori's version Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:32 am

polosatik wrote:
Can't wait to know TAT's exhibition version , I'm sure I will like it more then Lori's version Razz

So the Chopin will be created by Lori?
Does that mean Tat will make Mao another EX pro and she'll use both of them? Or is she going to choose? (Btw, I would personally prefer Tat more, too...I like Lori of course, but Tat is special to me Love Hearts )

Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
Back to top Go down
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:33 am

affraid Unconscious

I am soooo thrilled with Mao's music choices!! I don't think I remember ever being this happy with all of her choices... The closest would be 07-08 season, but this time, there's a tango and a Mao mature enough to interpret it fantastically well, I'm sure!

Very sweet that Mao wants to skate her LP to a "potential love". If she is in love or not, we don't know, but I think it shows some changes in her approach to her programs. The last two seasons, she's been saying that TAT advised her to fall in love in order to better feel the music. But she was just repeating the words, interview after interview... TAT told me to fall in love. This season, her approach is very different and she sounds a lot more open to the eventuality! Yep!

Whatever happens, I hope Mao has a blast with her new pros... Perfect or not, I'm sure I will! Plus, even though she's obviously grown up quite a lot recently, she's still our unrelenting Mao... 3A and 3-3-!? Whirly Go Mao! You can be the first lady ever to attempt (and land) 4 triples in the SP!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:40 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Does that mean Tat will make Mao another EX pro and she'll use both of them? Or is she going to choose? (Btw, I would personally prefer Tat more, too...I like Lori of course, but Tat is special to me Love Hearts )
I'm sure this one will be done by Lori. Just because Chopin is so Lori Razz I can't imagine TAT making a program using Chopin Suspect I think we will see something more fierce from TAT. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:53 am

polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:

I'm sure this one will be done by Lori. Just because Chopin is so Lori Razz I can't imagine TAT making a program using Chopin Suspect I think we will see something more fierce from TAT. Smile

I've heard that Tat will make only one of Mao's pros for next season...Is she really going to create another one besides the tango? It would be great if that's the case, because I love all the EX pros Tat created for Mao so far. cat

Back to top Go down
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:54 am

polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:

MAYBE SOME ........FLAMENCO!!! Dance
Tat really likes powerful music and I appreciate it very much! And I believe Mao can be pull off any kind of music, she is just so talented!

OMG Do you guys think Mao's outfits are going to be red/black for the Tango Program?? Mao looks so gorgeous in red Wub Cheering Cheering
And for the LP a white dress, because she looks like a goddess in white flower

Last edited by Dani-Chan on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:59 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:

I've heard that Tat will make only one of Mao's pros for next season...Is she really going to create another one besides the tango? It would be great if that's the case, because I love all the EX pros Tat created for Mao so far. cat
It was reported that Mao will have two exhibitions numbers, one from TAT and one from Lori Too sweet! I hope Mao didn't change her mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:01 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Tat really likes powerful music and I appreciate it very much! And I believe Mao can be pull off any kind of music, she is just so talented!

OMG Do you guys think Mao's outfits are going to be red/black for the Tango Program?? Mao looks so gorgeous in red Wub Cheering Cheering
Yep! Love I think red and black will be great choice for tango. And I'm dying to see Mao skating to flamenco! Drama!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:07 am

polosatik wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:

Yep! Love I think red and black will be great choice for tango. And I'm dying to see Mao skating to flamenco! Drama!

yeah, warm colors for Mao makes her shine even more Cloud 9
Flamenco is on my wish list too, I really want Mao to skate to it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:17 am

I LOVE her music choices! The tango is a great choice - it's not monotonous (listen to the ending - wow, is that a contrast to the beginning!); it has soft and fun parts. The Liszt we've discussed, and I think it'll be fantastic for her. And I've been wanting to see her skate to Ballade Number 1 forever! It's my favorite Chopin piece (well, besides his Piano Concerto No. 2, which I hope she skates to someday!), and there are so many changes in character. The story to the piece is basically about a soldier fighting, who falls at times but keeps lifting himself off the ground to keep going (something like that, at least) and doesn't give up, which is fitting for Mao, isn't it? Plus there is a KILLER section that would be perfect for her step sequence at 8:46 of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhnRIuGZ_dc). I really hope they choose a great edit, because it'll just be extraordinary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:22 am

polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:
PochinkoPotanko wrote:
polosatik wrote:

It was reported that Mao will have two exhibitions numbers, one from TAT and one from Lori Too sweet! I hope Mao didn't change her mind.

So we might be able to see 4 pros next season!? That's great!
Thanks polosatik for the info! cheers

Like Dani-chan, I also appreciate the powerful pros Tat created for Mao. Whatever some commentators say, I think working with Tat developed Mao's artistry as well as skills. Even if she skates Lori's pros or Chopin again, it will be much more deeper and mature compared to how she did them in the past. People will notice her more for her artistry in the near future, and when they look back, they'll understand that 'Masquerade Waltz' and 'Bells of Moscow' were great pros which allowed her to achieve such a level. Mao is a rare skater who can be delicate and soft, but also strong and powerful. She should maintain both, and we should support her in pursuing both. cat

Back to top Go down
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:23 am

polosatik wrote:
I can't imagine TAT making a program using Chopin Suspect

She has used used Revolutionary Etude and Fantasie Impromptu, just to name a few... And she choreographed quite a lot of programs to Chopin-like music, either soft or having both soft and dramatic parts (Liebenstraum, Rondo Capriccioso, Valse Triste, The Swan, etc.)

Ballade no.1 has both soft and dramatic part - the middle is very intense. Swoon It was reportedly inspired by Mickiewicz's Konrad Wallenrod (a poetic story about a Polish fighter for freedom). It was also used in ballet Lady of the Cammelias. Smile

As for the dresses, I would like:

SP: Deep red with sparkles, bare shoulders
LP: White with blue tint (sort of like Nocturne was pink with blue tint on the skirt), long see-through sleeves. A bit like the white dress from the gala in Korea.
EX: Sleeveless, floaty skirt, purple or midnight blue with lots of silver sparkles on the bodice Smile

polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:29 am

inskate wrote:
polosatik wrote:
I can't imagine TAT making a program using Chopin Suspect

She has used used Revolutionary Etude and Fantasie Impromptu, just to name a few... And she choreographed quite a lot of programs to Chopin-like music, either soft or having both soft and dramatic parts (Liebenstraum, Rondo Capriccioso, Valse Triste, The Swan, etc.)

Ballade no.1 has both soft and dramatic part - the middle is very intense. Swoon It was reportedly inspired by Mickiewicz's Konrad Wallenrod (a poetic story about a Polish fighter for freedom). It was also used in ballet Lady of the Cammelias. Smile

As for the dresses, I would like:

SP: Deep red with sparkles, bare shoulders
LP: White with blue tint (sort of like Nocturne was pink with blue tint on the skirt), long see-through sleeves. A bit like the white dress from the gala in Korea.
EX: Sleeveless, floaty skirt, purple or midnight blue with lots of silver sparkles on the bodice Smile
But this was quite a long time ago, now she's more for the powerful music Razz We'll see, it's interesting that all choices came from TAT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:52 am

wow, 65 ppl online lol!
hail lurkers Hell, no!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
wow, 65 ppl online lol!
hail lurkers Hell, no!
Hell, no! Hell, no!

ddmm wrote:
Yunamao wrote:
Just wondering scratch Even if Mr Nagakubo is only Mao's technical jump's coach, I hope she and Akiko will still keep a good relationship between each other. Neutral Smile
I don't think we need to worry. Mao looks like she gets along with everybody. And Akiko is such a sweet girl too. flower
Mr. Nagakubo will just be a tech coach though, not to mention the Nagoya girls and coaches are pretty much one giant skating family. Laugh
Other Team A and Team B skaters like Haruka also visit Mr. Nagakubo and have him listed as a coach as well so I'm not worried either.

We might see the return of a white or silvery dress for Mao's LP outfit - I couldn't be more pleased. Boogie

View user profile
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Any news on Mao's new programs? Or rather what's the current knowledge?

I don't know what this is and I highly doubt that it's new but the google translate led me to believce that it was new news:

http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20100621-OHT1T00057.htm

PostSubject: Re: Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season   

Back to top Go down

Mao News- Post Olympics heading to the new season
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next