HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Plushenko Loses Eligibility!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Sad

Plushenko's grand designs on competing again in Sochi may be dashed.

During the ISU June Congress, the ISU yanked his eligibility:


Quote :
Decision of the ISU Council on Eligibility of Mr. Evgeny Plushenko (RUS)
Based on evidence presented the Council has concluded that Mr. Evgeny Plushenko breached the ISU eligibility rule 102, paragraph 2, i) of the ISU General Regulations and as a consequence has become ineligible under paragraph 7 a) of that rule. The evidence has proved to the satisfaction of the Council that Mr. E. Plushenko, a skater and member of the Figure Skating Federation of Russia (FSFR), skated in exhibitions held in March and April 2010, in Russia and other countries, without the express prior authorization of the FSFR. Such activity is a breach of the ISU eligibility rules and results in the loss of eligibility
.

But Plushenko has recourse. He has 21 days to file an appeal if he so chooses with the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne. He must do this and win the appeal if he hopes to compete at an ISU event in the future. A similar situation occurred last season when Joannie Rochette performed on the show "Thin Ice," however, she obtained an exemption allowing her to keep her eligible status, Plushenko did not.

It seems he is not allowed now to skate for 2 upcoming seasons Depressed Crying Depressed Crying
Bad idea! Depressed Crying Depressed Crying


He had a medical pass to skip Worlds, I do not understand.

source: http://loopaxles.blogspot.com/2010/06/loss-of-eligibility.html

OmG I am so sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:19 pm

I was shocked, but at the same time happy that I won't see him skate again!

Escape

_________________
Go Miki!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:34 pm

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
I was shocked, but at the same time happy that I won't see him skate again!

Escape

WHOA! Why??? Don't you like him??? Depressed Crying Depressed Crying Bawling Sad, Lonely
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 410
Join date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:56 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:

It seems he is not allowed now to skate for 2 upcoming seasons Depressed Crying Depressed Crying
Bad idea! Depressed Crying Depressed Crying

The way I understand it is, that it's not just for 2 seasons but for good.

I don't know much about it to have an opinion but my feeling is that some people were too keen to get rid of him...Suspect

I find all the bashing and hate directed at him unbelievable and Ciquanta's commets during the Olympics downright scandalous!

I hope that whatever the result, everything works out for the best for him.

I used to be a huge Yagudin fan when they both competed, so I wasn't too fond of Plush, but I have really come to appreciate him recently, not only as a phenomenal skater but also as a person!

He is a legend and deserves some respect for all that he's accomplished Exclamation

Worship king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1104
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 34
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:32 pm

How come? That's ridiculous!
I don't understand much of the eligibilty rules, but a show is different from Worlds. Why can't he take part on them?

_________________
Visit my youtube channel: Princess Mao Fan

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:52 pm

kawaiimao wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:

It seems he is not allowed now to skate for 2 upcoming seasons Depressed Crying Depressed Crying
Bad idea! Depressed Crying Depressed Crying

The way I understand it is, that it's not just for 2 seasons but for good.

I don't know much about it to have an opinion but my feeling is that some people were too keen to get rid of him...Suspect

I find all the bashing and hate directed at him unbelievable and Ciquanta's commets during the Olympics downright scandalous!

I hope that whatever the result, everything works out for the best for him.

I used to be a huge Yagudin fan when they both competed, so I wasn't too fond of Plush, but I have really come to appreciate him recently, not only as a phenomenal skater but also as a person!

He is a legend and deserves some respect for all that he's accomplished Exclamation

Worship king

Sad that's so bad. I don't know very much about these rules, so I think you may be right Depressed Crying Depressed Crying

Anyway, I agree with you, the way people talked about him in other forums just made me sad and angry, Very Mad
They never say something kind to Evgeni, they always bash him so much it hurts me, bc I really love him Yep, Sadly Yep, Sadly

It's even sadder bc I believe that, just like me, many of other people were brought into this skating world seeing Zhenya's amazing performances Wub Wub

Best luck for him, he will always be one of figure skating most famous personalities Good luck! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:02 pm

alyssa wrote:
How come? That's ridiculous!
I don't understand much of the eligibilty rules, but a show is different from Worlds. Why can't he take part on them?

It seems like he didn't have the permission of his Federation to do some shows. confused confused
But he had a medical pass to skip Worlds. I am so lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1104
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 34
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
alyssa wrote:
How come? That's ridiculous!
I don't understand much of the eligibilty rules, but a show is different from Worlds. Why can't he take part on them?

It seems like he didn't have the permission of his Federation to do some shows. confused confused
But he had a medical pass to skip Worlds. I am so lost.

So what was Joannie's case like?

_________________
Visit my youtube channel: Princess Mao Fan

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 32
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Hm, well I think the ISU would be be big dummies to band one of the best skaters in the world for two seasons because of some stupid little loophole, or mix up - whichever it is.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:43 pm

alyssa wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
alyssa wrote:
How come? That's ridiculous!
I don't understand much of the eligibilty rules, but a show is different from Worlds. Why can't he take part on them?

It seems like he didn't have the permission of his Federation to do some shows. confused confused
But he had a medical pass to skip Worlds. I am so lost.

So what was Joannie's case like?

She had the Federation allowance, it seems Neutral Neutral
I feel like they don't want Plushy anymore, that's why they are being so severe Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:17 pm

OOOOOH!!!!!!
HOW DARE THEY DO THIS TO PLUSH!!!!!!!!



ISU, hates all my favorite skaters don't they!?
Who do they think he is!?
If it's against their rules, okay they can punish him...but banning him is too much! But anyway, I don't think they can keep him from entering Sochi if he wants to. This is just soooo stupid! I'd even be angry if they did this to Patrick!

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1773
Join date : 2008-07-05
Location : Tokyo Francisco

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:37 pm

First Joannie, now Plushy - ugh. Frustrated
The ISU really need to sort out their priorities. Not that they ever do, but still...

_________________
"She's like...a souffle on the ice." -Dick Button
☆ Mao-chan Supporter ★ ~真央ちゃん頑張れぇ~ ☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1448
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:22 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
WHOA! Why??? Don't you like him??? Depressed Crying Depressed Crying Bawling Sad, Lonely

No, I don't. Sorry!

Embarassed

_________________
Go Miki!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kawaiimao
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 410
Join date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:57 am

I have yet to hear a really convincing argument about how his situation was so much different from Evan's and Johnny's that he had to be banned for life while for the other two everything seems ok.

He still has the right to appeal though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1348
Join date : 2010-03-04
Location : The Far East

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:50 am

kawaiimao wrote:
I have yet to hear a really convincing argument about how his situation was so much different from Evan's and Johnny's that he had to be banned for life while for the other two everything seems ok.

He still has the right to appeal though.

I can't understand what's going on yet either. I've read some of the posts concerning this in Plush's forum (http://www.evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=206), but most of it is in Russian...(if there's any important info there, I'd appreciate it if you can translate polosatik)It seems there is one article which wrote he will be suspended only for an year (http://rt.com/Top_News/2010-06-29/pluschenko-banned-skating.html?fullstory), but it seems this article cannot be trusted totally. Yana seems to have said they're going to try to get his rights to compete back, so maybe he'll make an appeal...Anyway, we are thinking of sending a mail of appeal to the ISU in the Japanese forum for Plush. Whatever he did wrong, we all think this suspending business is too strict and he of all people does not deserve to be treated like this...I read that somebody got suspended for 2 years for doping in the past. I can't think that Plush did anything worser than doping. ISU is really losing my trust once again. But it also seems somebody in the Russian Fed is behind all this, too (Pissiev???). Frustrated

_________________

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 am

MikiAndoFan#1 wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
WHOA! Why??? Don't you like him??? Depressed Crying Depressed Crying Bawling Sad, Lonely

No, I don't. Sorry!

Embarassed

that's ok Razz . Everybody has their opinion. sunny sunny
I just don't like people saying cruel things about him scratch
geek

Pochinko, I'm gonna try to ask people of his forum on twitter if they know about his suspension, because I am confused as well.

Yep, Sadly Yep, Sadly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1104
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 34
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Any news on his situation?

_________________
Visit my youtube channel: Princess Mao Fan

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:58 am

Alyssa, I have what it seems to be good news or at least they give us hope that something good will happen:
On his forum, someone linked this article part:

Quote :
Gorshkov- president of the Russian FS Federation- said:
"This is "mild" form of punishment. This is not a disqualification, it is temporary
suspension. He still has the full right to perform under the auspices of Russian Skating Federation (? he means the Russian Champ). Moreover, in the near future to the International Skating Union will be sent formal official letter, and I am sure that all the restrictions will be removed in autumn".

Let's hope they can remove the restrictions in autumn Faint2 Faint2 Swoon

We want Plushy back!!!

We Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1104
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 34
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:03 pm

That1s good news indeed! Boogie Boogie

_________________
Visit my youtube channel: Princess Mao Fan

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:20 am

There is this rumor that Plushy is coaching Arthur Gachinski and Liza Tuktamysheva affraid affraid Rockstar Rockstar
Coach Plushy??? Hell, no! Hell, no! I like it. Love Love
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1773
Join date : 2008-07-05
Location : Tokyo Francisco

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Dani-Chan wrote:
There is this rumor that Plushy is coaching Arthur Gachinski and Liza Tuktamysheva affraid affraid Rockstar Rockstar
Coach Plushy??? Hell, no! Hell, no! I like it. Love Love
Coach or not, just having Plushy around everyday is a great motivational booster. Very Happy
There's clips of Liza landing a beautiful 3A in practice!

_________________
"She's like...a souffle on the ice." -Dick Button
☆ Mao-chan Supporter ★ ~真央ちゃん頑張れぇ~ ☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1035
Join date : 2008-11-18
Age : 33
Location : Montreal, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:43 pm

clovera wrote:
Dani-Chan wrote:
There is this rumor that Plushy is coaching Arthur Gachinski and Liza Tuktamysheva affraid affraid Rockstar Rockstar
Coach Plushy??? Hell, no! Hell, no! I like it. Love Love
Coach or not, just having Plushy around everyday is a great motivational booster. Very Happy
There's clips of Liza landing a beautiful 3A in practice!

Where where?! I wanna see those clips!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clovera
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1773
Join date : 2008-07-05
Location : Tokyo Francisco

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:00 pm

chiyori wrote:
Where where?! I wanna see those clips!!
I think this is the best one out there:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ProfessorMishin/Pinzolo2010#5489116202774189826

Mishin have talked about Mao's triple axel a few times before, and it's not surprising since it relies on timing and rotational speed - it's the ideal 3A for a girl to emulate, since we can all agree that a Midori-type 3A is far too difficult for women (and some men) to pull off. Razz

_________________
"She's like...a souffle on the ice." -Dick Button
☆ Mao-chan Supporter ★ ~真央ちゃん頑張れぇ~ ☆
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 32
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:15 pm

clovera wrote:
chiyori wrote:
Where where?! I wanna see those clips!!
I think this is the best one out there:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ProfessorMishin/Pinzolo2010#5489116202774189826

Mishin have talked about Mao's triple axel a few times before, and it's not surprising since it relies on timing and rotational speed - it's the ideal 3A for a girl to emulate, since we can all agree that a Midori-type 3A is far too difficult for women (and some men) to pull off. Razz

How old is she?! She's freakin' good!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Quebec city!

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Star85 wrote:
clovera wrote:
chiyori wrote:
Where where?! I wanna see those clips!!
I think this is the best one out there:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ProfessorMishin/Pinzolo2010#5489116202774189826

Mishin have talked about Mao's triple axel a few times before, and it's not surprising since it relies on timing and rotational speed - it's the ideal 3A for a girl to emulate, since we can all agree that a Midori-type 3A is far too difficult for women (and some men) to pull off. Razz

How old is she?! She's freakin' good!

she was born in december 1996 so she's 13 years old.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Plushenko Loses Eligibility!    

Back to top Go down
 
Plushenko Loses Eligibility!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Plushenko show in Bratislava
» Ottawa Senators, Waiver Eligibility List, 2009-2010
» Eligibility for Senior Sports in TDSB
» Plushenko to be a dad again!
» Plushenko is prohibited to participate in Olympics in 2014

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Other Skaters-
Jump to: