HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Mao's Birthday !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jtsmith1



Posts : 39
Join date : 2010-04-07

PostSubject: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Mao's birthday is coming up ! Cant' believe she's going to be 20! Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1104
Join date : 2009-04-16
Age : 33
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Me neither. Gotta prepare something special for the occasion.

_________________
Visit my youtube channel: Princess Mao Fan

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
Jtsmith1



Posts : 39
Join date : 2010-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Us fans should do something speical !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Jtsmith1, that's a great idea. Anyone know if there'd be any way to send something to Mao (a fan mail address or email or something?) We could do a combined birthday thing and put it all together for her to receive for her birthday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:18 pm

OMG OMG !!!!!! WHAT SHOULD WE DO? Confetti Confetti Confetti

bellarina wrote:
Jtsmith1, that's a great idea. Anyone know if there'd be any way to send something to Mao (a fan mail address or email or something?) We could do a combined birthday thing and put it all together for her to receive for her birthday?

Awesome idea! You know Plushy fans often do that, they get phrases from all fans all over the world and combine in a book or dvd to send to him Love Hearts
I know Mao has two loyal fans of Brazil, I would love her to know that ROTFLMAO


Last edited by Dani-Chan on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 361
Join date : 2010-02-25
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:20 pm

it woild be nice if she could know how many fans arrownd the world she have.
i hope she enjoy her 20s, and i hipe we can see photos from magazines for the ocation,someting like the chanel photos or something like that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 335
Join date : 2010-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:53 pm

In order to celebreate the new year me and some friends from the internet often organize a web broadcast, we would stream episodes of our favorite videos (mao's skating in this case) do radio show and change our page lay out to match the occasion Very Happy

Don't know how that would work around here, but it's a thought

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel
avatar

Posts : 156
Join date : 2010-06-13
Location : Mex

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:23 pm

I would like to send her my congratulations, maybe from all the fans around the world, that would be nice Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 989
Join date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:50 pm

How about sending a letter from us on this forum. This forum has fans from all over the world.

But we gotta hurry!!!! Rockstar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:05 pm

This is a crazy idea of mine:

Take pictures of ourselves, or any art/graphics/etc, and send it via email. We can put something like: "With love, from France!" or "From a fan in Malaysia." For letters, I was thinking that it'll probably have more of an impact if it was HANDWRITTEN and then just scanned.

And then we send it all to a person (or maybe two?) who lives in Japan (I think we have quite a few people here) who are willing to PRINT and ORGANIZE the pics/letters/etc and place them in a PHOTOALBUM before mailing it to Mao. (This would be troubling to the person who will organize though Neutral )

Another idea:

Make a video montage of Mao in one CD, and at the end, there are video clips of Mao fans all over the world greeting her in different languages. And another CD where there are figure skating music/pieces that we love, music that she can use for the next seasons.

I know this is quite ambitious, but Mao's turning TWENTY! We should really do something for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 660
Join date : 2009-03-07
Age : 26
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:09 pm

klarification wrote:
Make a video montage of Mao in one CD, and at the end, there are video clips of Mao fans all over the world greeting her in different languages. And another CD where there are figure skating music/pieces that we love, music that she can use for the next seasons.

I know this is quite ambitious, but Mao's turning TWENTY! We should really do something for her.

Oh, I like this one! I was thinking of suggesting the same thing myself. Of course, there'll be the issue of some fans not comfortable with having their images shown, but for those who are up to it, that's a totally cool idea!

Is anyone here interested, apart from klarification and me? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-18
Age : 25
Location : Quebec city!

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:16 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
klarification wrote:
Make a video montage of Mao in one CD, and at the end, there are video clips of Mao fans all over the world greeting her in different languages. And another CD where there are figure skating music/pieces that we love, music that she can use for the next seasons.

I know this is quite ambitious, but Mao's turning TWENTY! We should really do something for her.

Oh, I like this one! I was thinking of suggesting the same thing myself. Of course, there'll be the issue of some fans not comfortable with having their images shown, but for those who are up to it, that's a totally cool idea!

Is anyone here interested, apart from klarification and me? Razz

I'm interested too Smile It's such a great idea and I'm sur Mao would appreciate a lot !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2010-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:38 pm

bibi wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
klarification wrote:
Make a video montage of Mao in one CD, and at the end, there are video clips of Mao fans all over the world greeting her in different languages. And another CD where there are figure skating music/pieces that we love, music that she can use for the next seasons.

I know this is quite ambitious, but Mao's turning TWENTY! We should really do something for her.

Oh, I like this one! I was thinking of suggesting the same thing myself. Of course, there'll be the issue of some fans not comfortable with having their images shown, but for those who are up to it, that's a totally cool idea!

Is anyone here interested, apart from klarification and me? Razz

I'm interested too Smile It's such a great idea and I'm sur Mao would appreciate a lot !

For those who don't want to appear Embarassed, we can do a montage with phrases, like a slideshow with the name of the person and country in the end, what about that?
So everybody can send their message. Yep! Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sapphiresky
Triple Axel
Triple Axel
avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2009-07-07
Location : Place of Happiness :D

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:39 pm

I would love to join in to wish Mao a Happy Birthday sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:53 pm

I'm definitely interested! Dani-Chan, do you mean a video montage where some people use video clips of themselves saying their name/hi to the person and for others who don't want to record themselves, a sign or text with their name/message is shown? I think that's a good idea - it'd be cool for Mao to see how many people are supporting her from all over the world Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:55 pm

Oh, and whoever puts this together could put a link to Armin's tributes to her on youtube - I don't think she's seen those before and she'd probably love them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ken Himura
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 418
Join date : 2010-03-08
Location : Lima-Perú

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi everybody,

I´m from Lima-Perú, I´m a big fan of Mao, I really love her skate
Please let me join in to wish Mao a Happy Birthday.
Thank you for created this nice blog!!!!

Mili cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1197
Join date : 2008-12-10
Age : 31
Location : Limbo

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Wish I had one of my new songs done! I have a couple that would be great to dedicate to Mao, and put to a montage! I have some cool stuff done right now, but it wouldn't really make sense for this type of thing... Hopefully by next year the songs will be ready!...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://photobucket.com/maoasadapics
jkblues
Triple Flip
Triple Flip
avatar

Posts : 361
Join date : 2010-02-25
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:25 am

Ken Himura wrote:
Hi everybody,

I´m from Lima-Perú, I´m a big fan of Mao, I really love her skate
Please let me join in to wish Mao a Happy Birthday.
Thank you for created this nice blog!!!!

Mili cat

hola, yo soy de Colombia(aunque estoy en España) ya sabia yo que habia mas latinos por aqui.

yo tembien espero poder participar en esto de alguna manera. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 660
Join date : 2009-03-07
Age : 26
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:27 am

Dani-Chan wrote:
bibi wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
klarification wrote:
Make a video montage of Mao in one CD, and at the end, there are video clips of Mao fans all over the world greeting her in different languages. And another CD where there are figure skating music/pieces that we love, music that she can use for the next seasons.

I know this is quite ambitious, but Mao's turning TWENTY! We should really do something for her.

Oh, I like this one! I was thinking of suggesting the same thing myself. Of course, there'll be the issue of some fans not comfortable with having their images shown, but for those who are up to it, that's a totally cool idea!

Is anyone here interested, apart from klarification and me? Razz

I'm interested too Smile It's such a great idea and I'm sur Mao would appreciate a lot !

For those who don't want to appear Embarassed, we can do a montage with phrases, like a slideshow with the name of the person and country in the end, what about that?
So everybody can send their message. Yep! Yep!

I think that's a very thoughtful idea, Dani-chan Yep! Like I said before, it's understandable if some fans aren't comfortable with having their face shown.

Perhaps those that don't want to show themselves on camera can record themselves saying 'Happy Birthday', then take a picture of a happy birthday message they've written to Mao. Then whoever makes the video can put the audio on top of the picture of the message.

I'm so glad this idea is starting to take hold! I would be happy to compile and create the video, although I'm definitely not a pro when it comes to video-making Razz However, if any of the other members would like to volunteer - please do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:37 am

chineseteacup wrote:


I think that's a very thoughtful idea, Dani-chan Yep! Like I said before, it's understandable if some fans aren't comfortable with having their face shown.

Perhaps those that don't want to show themselves on camera can record themselves saying 'Happy Birthday', then take a picture of a happy birthday message they've written to Mao. Then whoever makes the video can put the audio on top of the picture of the message.

I'm so glad this idea is starting to take hold! I would be happy to compile and create the video, although I'm definitely not a pro when it comes to video-making Razz However, if any of the other members would like to volunteer - please do!

I'm glad my idea is well-received!

Dani-chan and chineseteacup, you gave such wonderful ideas! An audio message would do just fine, along with the message itself as the background. We can also put a flag of their country somewhere in the image.

As for the Armin videos, bellarina, that is superb! But I think we should contact him, let him know what we plan to do with his tribute videos. Hopefully he won't mind!

But guys, we gotta hurry. Mao's birthday is just around the corner. Maybe we should make a list and see who would be happy to participate in our birthday project for Mao. I'll try to go to other forums and rope other people into greeting her, even with just an audio message. (But I'm afraid that I'm not good with 'persuading' people- I'LL TRY THOUGH!) There are other Mao fans who are not just active in this forum. I hope we can spread the word so that more fans can greet her.

chineseteacup
, are you sure you can compile the videos? It'll be really hard. I would love to help you, but I'm not so good with making videos. Are there other forumers who can help? Razz

Oh and now I sound overenthusiastic. Excuse me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2008-10-16
Age : 28
Location : Russia,Spb

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:06 am

Wow great! How long can be the message? cheers
And I can edit the video, I don't think it'll be that hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan
avatar

Posts : 1116
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:35 am

Thank you polosatik for showing an interest!

As for the length of the our project, I'm not so sure! The individual messages might range from 20sec-1min, but it depends on everyone's preferences. We're still not sure how many people are willing to join, since we just planned this a while ago! I think we need a team leader to make sure things will go well! Very Happy

BTW guys, I quickly made a small banner to promote our project. I think we need to gather more fans around the world! What do you think?

Asada Mao BDay Project

I just posted this in tumblr. Maybe someone would be kind enough to spread the word and put it in some forums where other people can see it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goldmao

avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:32 am

oh, cool! I'd love to joint the project Very Happy
So what exactly is the concept now?! Making a video of yourself greeting Mao + good wishes for her 20. Birthday...and if you don't want to show your face, record your voice + write a message?! Did I get that right?!
I am from Germany, so shall I say something in German and then add subtitles?! or in English or Japanese or...what was the idea?!
sorry, I just didn't completely get how you'd like to do it king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop
avatar

Posts : 637
Join date : 2008-05-05
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:19 am

You guys are rock stars! This will be so great, and I'm loving the idea.

klarification, I'll take care of asking Armin. I can even ask if he wants to send a video clip - I'm sure he would love to since his favorite is Mao!

goldmao brings up a good point about subs...should we include subtitles? Or should we just talk/write in our language without them (since getting everything subbed would take time/be really hard)?

Hmm...I'll try to see what I can do in terms of spreading the word. I'm sure you guys are going to the FS forums like golden skate, FSU, etc...I can make a post at ontd_skating if you guys aren't on livejournal. And maybe our Japanese members know of Japanese forums or fansites that might want to participate?

Edit: She also has 2 facebook pages (one fan page, one group page) - I can spread the word on those, too.

Edit 2: To the guests/unregistered people that are reading, hope you consider participating in this too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   

Back to top Go down
 
Mao's Birthday !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Happy Birthday, Kurt!
» Happy Birthday Sunny!!
» Happy Birthday Katherine
» Happy Birthday, Fabulous!
» Happy Birthday Bill Ryan

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ballerina on Ice :: Figure Skating :: Mao Chat-
Jump to: