HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao's Birthday !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:53 am

klarification wrote:
Just a little something for the great team which made our bday video. I must say that our fan forum bday project for Mao is a great success! So I'm extending my thanks to a few members who contributed greatly. I wish I had helped some more, but I was ridiculously busy (and still am!) this month. I also wanted to personalize these mini thank-you banners a bit more, but I don't have enough time.

Anyway, time to eat some cake! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN MAO!
Many Hearts Many Hearts Many Hearts \

(PS: Does anyone here know what the Japanese fans did for Mao?)

klarification, thank you so much for the great credit images! And you've played a big role in the video project too. You've summed up everybody's opinions in the forum which was a pretty tough job to do, when we were all thinking of countless ideas and posting them. If we went on like that, this project never would've come into reality, but you set our feet on the ground and made everything really start to work. Thumbs up!

Plus I loved your video message in the DVD version! You looked so cute Love

Btw, the Japanese fans have made some message videos like ours, and they're uploaded in Youtube. I wrote about them and pasted the links in the other topic I made ( http://www.maoasadaforum.com/mao-chat-f5/mao-birthday-video-and-new-forum-channel-t861.htm ), but nobody seems to notice. Check there and you can see them.

(But honestly, I do think ours is the best!) silent

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 pm

I LOVE your banners Klarification, especially the one on the bottom. Many Hearts I think it would be great if we can use it for our forum. But I wonder if it's possible to have a new forum banner? Do we have to contact Zamboni?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chapis
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:59 pm

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS MAO Daisies for you WE ALL LOVE YOU, TAKE CARE TOO Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Oh my gosh! You guys are amazing. I love Lexi's birthday greeting (so cute!!) and all of the artwork that was posted! You're all so talented. And aww, thank you so much to klarification for the banners!! I think we all need to thank klarification too for really jump-starting the process. If I knew how I'd make you your own banner!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Such a wonderful Sunday morning seeing and viewing all your lovely birthday art works, videos, and picture slides for Mao's birthday. Ya'all did a great, wonderful job and here's sending you all a pat on your shoulders. i just viewed the birthday video of Mao you've created on youtube and will view it again after answering this thread. I must say I was touched! and viewing all your messages reading it all brought tears to my eyes, each one of you in your own respective languages, the effort you've all put are quite admirable. The best fan-video i've ever seen so far!!! Thumbs up! Kudos to all of you.

It's been awhile since i last logged on here, and i regret that i haven't visited this site since last May. So much has happened during the last months. Actually I haven't been online that much since hubby's twin brother passed away last June (in a vehicular accident). It's only been now that things are getting much better here at my end and getting back to our normal lives once again that i can afford to spare time on the internet. I wish i had visited this site earlier the last few weeks, i would have known you are putting up a project for Mao and probably was able to share and participate too. Anyway you all did such an amazing job, i couldn't have done it much better than you all did. the lovely voice in the introductory video was mesmerizing! i love reading all your messages both in English and Japanese that it was like hearing each one of you actually speaking and saying your warm messages to our dearest Mao. Makes me feel very proud of you all as being a fellow fan of Mao, and proud too knowing that Mao has a lot of great and loving fans in here. Very Happy

to roma: your niece Lexie is such an adorable child! She looks very bubbly and spunky dancing and greeting Mao. I was watching her video in between sips of morning coffee and her dance puts a smile on my morning. thanks for sharing Roma! And oh btw, if it isn't of so much trouble for you answering a question here. Are you happen to be from the Philippines roma? I noticed the language in your niece's video and can't help but wonder perhaps you and I are from the same country. Please kindly pm me if you are not so much comfortable to answer here on the thread. ;-) I am a Filipina myself although i live here now. Would be great to meet Filipino fellow fans of Mao here. Many Hearts

ddmm: Much thanks pal for the kind words up there!!! Thank you!
I really wish i could have given the flowers to Mao in person, would be thrilled if that happens. Daisies for you I am glad you liked it ddmm hopefully Mao will be able to see it too ~wishes, wishes...~ I was half crazed yesterday, shop hopping trying to find the right flowers for Mao. I chose Goblet-Shaped type of tulips for Mao because it symbolizes budding
romance or "young love" (花言葉) as i actually wish for Mao to fall in love, now that she is a certified adult being "hatachi" hehehe Love Hearts The characteristics of a tulip are unmatched, beautiful, and unique- which exactly best describe Mao's qualities. I chose orange of all the colors because it represents sunshine and brightness~ again just like our Mao. Smile I would be glad to make you one on your birthday too ddmm just kindly pm me your birthdate Wink
that pic. of me was actually taken the very first time i saw Mao live during the 2005 GPF held here in Yoyogi, Tokyo. No wonder I looked dreamy and so happy in the picture seeing little Mao winning her 1st senior gold medal. I was still holding the phamplet for the programs. the face has changed a lot in 5 years and i look quite different now, i appreciate your kind compliments though ddmm thanks for that! Wink

Once again, congratulations again for all your wonderful efforts. kudos to all and お疲れ様でした flower Worship

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi purplemaze, thanks for the compliment! Yes, I'm from the Philippines, too... same with tilitom Smile Btw, your ikebana is beautiful. I always wanted to learn how to do that but alas...

Lexi actually does better when she doesn't know she's not being recorded. Of all the skating videos we watch it's only Mao who captures her attention and then she'd try to imitate. We used to spend around an hour a day watching Mao's videos bec. she'd sit beside me and then say MAOOOOO Wub and is not contented in seeing just one video... she keeps on saying LAST (last one)... Very Happy

Klarification, those banners are wonderful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:11 am

Thank you PochinkoPotanko and bellarina! I assure you, what I did was no trouble at all. You guys exerted more effort so it's no big deal. Thank you again for appreciating what I did! TBH, I think our forums members are so dedicated and talented that it makes me happy to know that Mao has such wonderful fans all over the world.

Also, I'm sorry to have missed the thread you made PochinkoPotanko. I watched the other vids and they all made my heart go "SQUEE!" Mao is so loved! But yes, I do think ours is the best.

aoi88, thanks so much! I wanted to personalize them more, but I didn't have enough time. As for the forum banner, I'm not sure. I wanted to suggest a change too, maybe when the season opens. We have a lot of creative members who can do amazing banner images, like Polosatik who made the DVD cover for our birthday project.

And purplemaze, your ikebana arrangement... WOW! I love how you picked up little details that others might've missed, like using goblet-shaped tulips, etc. If Mao saw this, I am sure she would be touched! And thanks for watching the project, although it's such a shame that you didn't get to participate.

also roma, I just watched your niece and she made me melt from her immense cuteness! I want to have a niece like that too! You also mentioned that she performs better when there isn't a camera. Maybe you can catch her on cam in secret eh?

Psst, purplemaze and roma, I'm also from the Philippines. That's why I can afford to be sneaky-sneaky one day and snatch roma's cute niece one day and take her home!

And this may be completely random, but the mango cheesecake I bought in celebration of Mao's birthday is now all gone! Now I want MORE! Bawling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:46 am

Besides ours, this is one other B'day message I love. I think PochiPota has already given the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8f1dJWU7GE

It's made by 'nyadeco'. I wonder if he/she's in this forum or not but he/she's a huge mao fan and he/she makes many nice Mao montages. I just love all of his/her works.

I also like his/her music choice . For this montage, he/she uses a music called COMME AU PREMIER JOUR by Andre Gagnon and I love it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:33 pm

bellarina wrote:
Oh my gosh! You guys are amazing. I love Lexi's birthday greeting (so cute!!) and all of the artwork that was posted! You're all so talented. And aww, thank you so much to klarification for the banners!! I think we all need to thank klarification too for really jump-starting the process. If I knew how I'd make you your own banner!

Dito Smile

Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:28 pm

Star85 wrote:
bellarina wrote:

Dito Smile
Btw Star85, your voice is so beautiful. It really made the intro video so special. I hope we'll be able to hear you sing more in the future (do you have songs you've shared/be willing to share?), because you're so good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:45 pm

bellarina wrote:
Star85 wrote:
bellarina wrote:

Dito Smile
Btw Star85, your voice is so beautiful. It really made the intro video so special. I hope we'll be able to hear you sing more in the future (do you have songs you've shared/be willing to share?), because you're so good!

Aww thank you! I wish I was able to get a better recording, but that was the best I was able to do with what I had. I am working on some new songs which will hopefully be finished soon. I was planning on letting you all know when I post them on my myspace.

Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:23 pm

Star85, you should seriously upload more of your creations and maybe you can collaborate with some creative forum members to create a montage! It would be epic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanatsuki

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:25 am

I am sorry I had to miss Mao’s birthday. I got sort of a family reunion last weekend.
I sure baked a large cake and shared it with my relatives on 25th, though Very Happy

It is a couple of days late, but let me say,

Happy Birthday, Mao!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:07 pm

klarification wrote:
Star85, you should seriously upload more of your creations and maybe you can collaborate with some creative forum members to create a montage! It would be epic!

I've really wanted to do that. I only have a few originals recorded right now, and most of them aren't really a good fit for that type of thing. I've had some other songs in the works for a long time (way too long), but I keep facing set back after set back. I'm finally back on track more though, so hopefully, if nothing else goes wrong, I will have some new stuff finished soon. The song we used for the video could work for some sort of video montage I guess, but only because it's pretty. The lyrics are about taking a break from finding love until you're healed, and ready again, so I donno...

Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Happy late birthday Mao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
purplemaze
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:34 pm

roma wrote:
Hi purplemaze, thanks for the compliment! Yes, I'm from the Philippines, too... same with tilitom Btw, your ikebana is beautiful. I always wanted to learn how to do that but alas...
Lexi actually does better when she doesn't know she's being recorded. Of all the skating videos we watch it's only Mao who captures her attention and then she'd try to imitate. We used to spend around an hour a day watching Mao's videos bec. she'd sit beside me and then say MAOOOOO and is not contented in seeing just one video... she keeps on saying LAST (last one)...
Klarification, those banners are wonderful!
roma: hello morning to you gurl~ sunny and thank you so much for replying!
yay~ Very Happy I knew it, i just knew it! really glad to learn you are also a fellow "Pinay",
and likewise tilitom "Big Hello" to 'ya also tilitom!
Laugh i know what you mean when you said about Lexi does better when she doesn't know
she's being recorded.
'ahihi I have 2 little monsters here too roma. Very Happy i think sometimes kids can really be gauzy. Not like us adults, at the most they tend to be cautious and hesitant when they know the camera is rolling. I honestly find it cute and wonderful in kids. Yep! I think your niece is really sweet, loving and immitating Mao!
Believe me, same with my munchkins here. my 5 yr. old boy and his 2 yr. old sister can spend the afternoon watching Mao's video in front of the PC with me. they even drag my hand to the mouse to make me repeat each video. Laugh
talk about mommy's influence here.

klarification wrote:
And purplemaze, your ikebana arrangement... WOW! I love how you picked up little details that others might've missed, like using goblet-shaped tulips, etc. If Mao saw this, I am sure she would be touched! And thanks for watching the project, although it's such a shame that you didn't get to participate.
klarification: Yay~ so you're a Filipina too!!! Wow! you're one talented gurl with those fine, impressive banners and art works you've done. sure i won't miss the video for the world, you've all done such a pretty, amazing job. Perhaps next time i can be here to participate. Thanks to you and roma for the kind, nice words about my ikebana. I couldn't do videos or any art job so that's all i could come up with. I wish I could but with the low spec of our computer here at home, i don't think I can download softwares for making movies and art things stuff.
roma Ikebana is such an interesting Japanese art that I think would amaze you, I only got a few months of Moribana and Jiyūka lessons. And read lots of books about them. Some study years (5 to 10 years) to even teach and make her own Gallery or Chabana. I could send you some helpful tips and links to look at if you are really inclined in learning it. Most important is Balance and you are free to create whatever idea you have specially with modern Ikebana where there are actually not much certain rules.
klarification That's one of my wishes, someday i could be able to give Mao some of my creations, maybe the little ones (because it is so handful to carry such a large flower arrangement) but i am thinking of something to give her this next Worlds. thank you for appreciating my effort too, arigatou! Goblet-Shaped is actually a type of tulips, there are 4 type of tulips and one of them is the Goblet-Shaped. All 4 are very rare to find at this season whilst it only bloom on the months of Feb. till June. So I am lucky to find one for Mao i guess. Smile
Btw Mao's flowers are blooming beautifully here after 2 days, i took a picture of it again for
all of you to see. I intend to keep it and take care of it for Mao, for as long as I can.

Wishing you all a great week ahead :-)

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” ~ Wilma Rudolph

flower websites:
~ blog
~ youtube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 am

roma wrote:
Happy 20th Birthday to our dearest Mao-chan! Many Hearts

I wanted to make one to include in her birthday video but unfortunately didn't have the time and it's just today that I found my previous file so I just edited her age...

And here's the video of my 3yr old niece "performing" and greeting Mao... although she was being quite hyperactive and stubborn during recording (she's always like this when she's being recorded). It's more than the allowed duration and I wasn't able to edit on time so I'm just posting here instead.

Lexi's birthday greeting for Mao:

roma, I uploaded Lexi's video in the forum channel, and I got a personal message from someone regarding the video:

Quote :
Lexi's Birthday Video Hi, MaoAsadaFanForum.
I just watched ur video and wanted to drop a quick comment on it,
but I couldn't, so I thought I'd send u a mssg instead.
That video was soooo sweet and cute.
I liked her lovely mssg to Mao-chan,and all the poses she made.
Especially 0:45 that was sooo cute!
Plz tell her to keep it up so she could b a future Mao-chan!
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful video.
(Hope Mao,herself watches that vid,too.)

I'm not accepting comments for videos by our members in the forum channel, because I think it's better for viewers to comment in their personal channels. I tried to encourage viewers to do so by adding links to the member's parsonal channels in the details, but I guess not everybody reads.

But Lexi's been viewed 1,567 times already in our forum channel! I think alot of people adore her! She's really cute, and I hope you'd take her to a skating rink someday, now that I know there are some in the Philippines! Smile

edit: And I'd like to thank Star85 for singing the happy birthday song upon my request for the intro video. I think that's the only birthday song on the net so far with Mao's name in it. It definitely made the video and the whole dvd something much more deeper and meaningful.

I wrote a list of credits to send along with the dvd, becasue I wanted Mao to see that all the music and artworks in the dvd were made by none other than her fans, as well as the messages themselves. Everything in the dvd are original works by all of us. (Well, except for the menu screen in the dvd...that was a ready made template for dvds. I hope if we ever do something like this again, polosatik can design the menu screens which matches the label! ) Thumbs up!

Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:18 pm

^Thanks for letting me know of the comment, PochiPota! Worship I'll surely let them know about it. Very Happy She has tried it already last August when they went to HKG for her birthday treat. My sister was so horrified when Lexi announced she will not just "skate". She also wants to "spin" like Mao while raising her leg (probably meant her Biellmann spin) or imitate her spiral. Razz They enrolled her in ballet class instead and the school finally accepted her before she turned three (min age). On her first day her ballet teacher was so stressed because she wouldn't listen and she did her own thing and "taught" her new classmates how to do "ballet". As her teacher was relating to my sister on how she did on her first day my sister realized she was "teaching" them how Mao did her ballet recital at 5 because she has that one memorized by heart. Hell, no!

Btw, PochiPota, I just realized this is your video, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIU91TLGgRE
This ranks high among her favorite videos and we watched this every night last year because she loved it so much. Love Hearts
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:07 am

roma wrote:
This ranks high among her favorite videos and we watched this every night last year because she loved it so much. Love Hearts

I'm soooo honored! Thank you Lexi darling! Confetti
As you probabaly know, that video is based on Mao's favorite comic book when she was a child. So Lexi must have alot in common with Mao, doesn't she!? Laugh

This comic book 'Urayasu Tekkin Family' is such an absolute nonsense comedy, so when you look at Mao now, you can hardly imagine her laughing her head off reading this stuff even as a child. But everytime Mao is asked who her favorite celebrity is, she always answers names of comedians. So I think she still loves to laugh alot, accompanied by a great sense of humor, and is the kind of person who can take jokes. That's also some of the reasons I love who she is. Many Hearts

Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:57 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
roma wrote:

I'm soooo honored! Thank you Lexi darling! Confetti
As you probabaly know, that video is based on Mao's favorite comic book when she was a child. So Lexi must have alot in common with Mao, doesn't she!? Laugh

This comic book 'Urayasu Tekkin Family' is such an absolute nonsense comedy, so when you look at Mao now, you can hardly imagine her laughing her head off reading this stuff even as a child. But everytime Mao is asked who her favorite celebrity is, she always answers names of comedians. So I think she still loves to laugh alot, accompanied by a great sense of humor, and is the kind of person who can take jokes. That's also some of the reasons I love who she is. Many Hearts

Pochi, I must have watched this video and the "Lucky Star" one a hundred times, and only realised just then that they're yours! I remember thinking, "wow, the person who made this video is talented and funny...and obviously loves Mao!"

Well, I guess it all makes sense, since it turned out to be you Thumbs up!.

Thank you for your brilliant videos, Pochi! Cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:38 am

chineseteacup wrote:
Pochi, I must have watched this video and the "Lucky Star" one a hundred times, and only realised just then that they're yours! I remember thinking, "wow, the person who made this video is talented and funny...and obviously loves Mao!"

Well, I guess it all makes sense, since it turned out to be you Thumbs up!.

Thank you for your brilliant videos, Pochi! Cheering

Thank you back chineseteacup!
I'm glad you like them. I actually joined this forum because alyssa saw the first one and sent me a message, we became friends, and she introduced this forum to me. The first video; the one Lexi likes, I created it so that I can give it to Mao at WTT. It was my first time to go see a FS competition live, and I wanted to bring Mao a present. I wanted to give her something handmade, something I put some effort into making. But I can't sew that well, and JSF has restrictions for giving skaters edible gifts, making a video was the only thing I thought I can do. It was actually the 2nd video I ever edited in my life. The first one was a 30 sec mini movie of my cats, so I started from almost nothing. But my comical videos aren't so difficult to edit. All you need is a good idea for it at first. I find montages using different music for Mao's skating much harder to create. To fit her moves to the music, you have to edit both visual and audio. In my comical videos, I usually just listen to the music and imagine what I'll put in here and there. The imagining part is most fun! And I usually am inspired by Mao's character. Yep!

Anyway, I'm glad that some of the skills I've achieved in making those videos were useful for our dvd project. It's fascinating how one thing leads to another! Smile

Back to top Go down
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:20 am

Haha, Pochi! Lucky Star is also one of her faves... but I remembered the first vid more as she laughs so much at that one along with comments like "beautiful Mao", "poor Mao, hug Mao, kiss Mao" (there's that part where Mao fell a lot), "lexi" (where she points at that animated pic of a girl in pig tails) and imitating Mao's gutsy pose. That's normally the 2nd video she watches right after Mao's ballet recital video when she was a little girl. Hell, no!

My boss wants me to check on some web 2.0 social networking site this weekend if we can use it or not at work. *sigh* Fine... I'm going to check it out, make one about Mao and send to him as proof. hehe...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   

Back to top Go down

Mao's Birthday !!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5