HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mao's Birthday !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:52 pm

polosatik wrote:
Wow great! How long can be the message? cheers
And I can edit the video, I don't think it'll be that hard.

Oh, good! I'm actually relieved because I don't really have any experience with making videos Razz

I think we should delegate responsibilities for the video. For example, some can take care of 'recruiting' the fans who want to appear on the video. Another person/people can be in charge of subtitles (if we decide to have subtitles eventually). And then there'll be the actual video-editors (in this case, polosatik has offered to do it - would you like some help from any other members?)

Okay, here is a list of tasks we need to do for the "Mao-chan is turning 20!" project (tentative title, lol):

• Get a list of names for people who want to appear in the video, audio- or visual-wise. bellarina seems to have already started on that Thumbs up!. Maybe we can create a separate 'sign-up' thread?
  • Write up guide-lines on how long each message should be. As klarification has suggested, perhaps 20 seconds to 1 minute per message.
  • Set a due date for the submission of videos/audios.
  • Designate one person to compile all the videos.
  • Draw up a plan of how the final video is going to look. Taking into consideration Mao's wide fan-base, we may end up with quite a long video lol! If we're thinking of posting it up on Youtube, we may divide it into a few parts, kinda like a documentary Razz
  • Edit the video (Polosatik can be in charge, and set up her own team if she needs help)
  • SUBTITLES: what language should these be in, and who will do them? Members here who are fluent in English can do their own, and for those who would like some help - we have many talented, multilingual people on here who could assist, I believe Yep!
  • ETA: I just realised that, since we're dedicating this to Mao, the subtitles should probably be in Japanese. I'm such an airhead sometimes Faint2. We could have both Japanese and English subtitles, perhaps?

Everyone, feel free to add to the list as you see fit!

(lol, I'm so bossy Too sweet!. But yes, I'm so excited about this!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:37 pm

klarification wrote:
Make a video montage of Mao in one CD, and at the end, there are video clips of Mao fans all over the world greeting her in different languages.

I LOVED THIS!!!!! Love Love Love
And what's wrong in appearing in the video? It's not gonna be uploaded to youtube, is it? Shocked

Dani-Chan wrote:
I know Mao has two loyal fans of Brazil, I would love her to know that ROTFLMAO

I bet there are more. Yep!

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:20 pm

alyssa wrote:
klarification wrote:
Make a video montage of Mao in one CD, and at the end, there are video clips of Mao fans all over the world greeting her in different languages.

And what's wrong in appearing in the video? It's not gonna be uploaded to youtube, is it? Shocked

It would be nice to share the video with everyone (including those not involved in the project), especially if the video turns out to be a really well-done one Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:45 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
alyssa wrote:
klarification wrote:

It would be nice to share the video with everyone (including those not involved in the project), especially if the video turns out to be a really well-done one Very Happy.

Then I'd be worried. No

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:00 pm

alyssa wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
alyssa wrote:
klarification wrote:

Then I'd be worried. No

Maybe we can organise TWO versions of the video - one that will be sent to Mao, and another that can be shared amongst fans.

How does that sound? People who don't want to appear in the 'public' version can choose to just have their message included in the CD or DVD we sent to Mao. flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BowbowDaijin
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:15 pm

OK. That'll be fine. My country is so strange enough so Mao can see that her fans are
so worldwide. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:04 pm

chineseteacup wrote:

I think we should delegate responsibilities for the video. For example, some can take care of 'recruiting' the fans who want to appear on the video. Another person/people can be in charge of subtitles (if we decide to have subtitles eventually). And then there'll be the actual video-editors (in this case, polosatik has offered to do it - would you like some help from any other members?)

Okay, here is a list of tasks we need to do for the "Mao-chan is turning 20!" project (tentative title, lol):

• Get a list of names for people who want to appear in the video, audio- or visual-wise. bellarina seems to have already started on that Thumbs up!. Maybe we can create a separate 'sign-up' thread?
  • Write up guide-lines on how long each message should be. As klarification has suggested, perhaps 20 seconds to 1 minute per message.
  • Set a due date for the submission of videos/audios.
  • Designate one person to compile all the videos.
  • Draw up a plan of how the final video is going to look. Taking into consideration Mao's wide fan-base, we may end up with quite a long video lol! If we're thinking of posting it up on Youtube, we may divide it into a few parts, kinda like a documentary Razz
  • Edit the video (Polosatik can be in charge, and set up her own team if she needs help)
  • SUBTITLES: what language should these be in, and who will do them? Members here who are fluent in English can do their own, and for those who would like some help - we have many talented, multilingual people on here who could assist, I believe Yep!
  • ETA: I just realised that, since we're dedicating this to Mao, the subtitles should probably be in Japanese. I'm such an airhead sometimes Faint2. We could have both Japanese and English subtitles, perhaps?

Everyone, feel free to add to the list as you see fit!

(lol, I'm so bossy Too sweet!. But yes, I'm so excited about this!)

Great idea chineseteacup! Thank you for making a bulleted list. I'm starting to think that we're getting a bit organization here. And to think this idea just started yesterday!

We really do need a sign-up list, along with an email for easy contact. As for the deadline, well you guys can decide. I'm thinking at least 7 days before Mao's actual birthday (Japan time) so that the video editors can have ample time to compile, edit and organize the videos.

Oh, and how are we going to send the CD? Certainly, we have some Japanese members in the forum. Maybe we can ask them?

And speaking of which, goldmao summarized the basic concept of our project:

Quote :
Making a video of yourself greeting Mao + good wishes for her 20. Birthday...and if you don't want to show your face, record your voice + write a message?! Did I get that right?!

But she also said something about subs. I'm sure Mao can understand English just fine (she just has trouble saying them) but to be sure, we can also do subtitles. But it's time-consuming and it will take a lot of work.

Didn't PochinkoPotanko make this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNKOaH76d-Y

Maybe we can ask her? flower

For my part, I'm thinking of organizing the 'audio part' and sending it to polosatik (or another person who can do Japanese subs) for final revision. So I guess that's one job crossed out? Wink

As for the two versions, it seems like a fabulous idea! How about in the 'private' one, it'll be the ones with the video? And then in the 'public' one, it'll just be the audio messages. What do you think?

And anyone here with connections? I'm thinking that we should ALL spread the word. It's a good thing that we started early, but we can't afford to be lax! And I'll repeat what bellarina said: To the guests/unregistered people that are reading, hope you consider participating in this too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roma
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Waah! I wanna join hehe... or maybe I can ask my niece to record a birthday greeting for Mao. She just turned three early this month but she's been a Mao fan since she was a year old! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.casualdoodles.com
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:47 pm

roma wrote:
Waah! I wanna join hehe... or maybe I can ask my niece to record a birthday greeting for Mao. She just turned three early this month but she's been a Mao fan since she was a year old! Very Happy
Aww, that'd be adorable! Maybe you can do both!

I can definitely take care of sign-ups/recruitment. So basically, I'll explain the project, privacy things (emphasize that there's a private version, which only Mao will see, and a public version, which may be posted on youtube), ask for their email addresses, and tell them the deadline (how's September 17th for now? Would that be enough time for editing? Maybe if we do subs, we can make it earlier). Is there anything I'm missing? ETA: chineseteacup mentioned guidelines, which I think we need to establish. Should we set 30 seconds per person as the maximum? For files allowed, I have a converter that can convert video files so I think we don't have to set any rules for that...for audio, mp3's preferred, right? Hmm..any other guidelines we'd need to set for the video or recording?

Okay, here are the forums/websites I'm planning to use to recruit people. Can you think of any more, or major ones I'm missing?
-The Mao Asada Fans facebook group, and the Mao Asada facebook fan page
-A sign-up thread on this forum
-Post on ontd_skating on livejournal
-FSU and Golden Skate forums <-- those are the only FS forums I visit. Are there other major ones? Maybe fsvids.net?
-I'm going to ask those of you who have twitter to tweet about this on your twitters if you have Mao fans/casual fans following you. Same thing with facebook and tumblr.
-I could be stalkerish and tweet the idea to people who have mentioned Mao in their tweets or have Mao in their username (like mine, which is asadafan lol)
-Other skaters' fan forums whose fans might also like Mao - I'm thinking the Michelle Kwan forums, does Sasha Cohen have one?, I just found a Daisuke one...ooh, what about Plushy's? Anyone a member there?
-I can comment on youtube vids (hopefully it won't seem like spam, though it technically is? haha) of Mao
-How about Japanese forums and fan sites? I wouldn't be able to access them but hopefully some members here can? And how about other language forums? Are there Mao forums or fan sites in other languages besides English or Japanese?

If any of you are regular posters at other FS forums like Golden Skate or FSU, I might ask you to post since you may be better received than a newbie (I lurk at these forums haha). Dani-Chan, you are more than welcome to do the ontd_skating post because you make the best ones ever Laughing If you're too busy though that's totally fine.

So I might need help from some people for recruiting (like klarification said, we should all try to spread the word in whatever way we can Smile), but I'll organize the list. I'll compile the list in Google Docs- that way if I need to share it with those of you making the video, it'll be easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesho:]

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:45 am

Hi everyone! Smile

I'm so excited about this idea...!
I'm from El Salvador, and I would love to participate in this fanaction! Actually I was searching in diferent Mao's fansite, where i could wish her a happy birthday properly... and i'm sure i'm not the only one!

I was just wondering, it can be a video or mp3 audio for the message right, so we have to upload it somewhere... just in case?
because in the case of the videos, maybe they're to heavy for an e-mail... or well I'm not that sure... it depends of the quality of the camera too, but just as plan B.

And where we have to sign-up? ;D

And we better hurry because time's almost up (: I'll make publicity, so I can help with something
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://foro.thelsalvador.com
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:32 am

Kesho:] wrote:
Hi everyone! Smile

I'm so excited about this idea...!
I'm from El Salvador, and I would love to participate in this fanaction! Actually I was searching in diferent Mao's fansite, where i could wish her a happy birthday properly... and i'm sure i'm not the only one!

I was just wondering, it can be a video or mp3 audio for the message right, so we have to upload it somewhere... just in case?
because in the case of the videos, maybe they're to heavy for an e-mail... or well I'm not that sure... it depends of the quality of the camera too, but just as plan B.

And where we have to sign-up? ;D

And we better hurry because time's almost up (: I'll make publicity, so I can help with something
We can use any free hosting server, such as mediafire or sharehub. May be we should make a list of participants ? And then it will be easier to count how long can be the message etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:43 am

I'm eager to participate. Just don't want it to be uploaded in youtube and others. I think it should only be sent to Mao.

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:47 am

alyssa wrote:
I'm eager to participate. Just don't want it to be uploaded in youtube and others. I think it should only be sent to Mao.
I thought we won't upload it on youtube, no? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:51 am

I'm sorry guys. I hadn't read this topic till now.

First of all, I'm more than happy to help out in making the video in any way I can.
I guess most of you know, but I do make video clips and have released some on Youtube.
I can do the editing if you like.

The thing is, video clips are very heavy. So frankly I find it hard to imagine we can create it then email it to Mao or her official site. Unless they have a professional level of PC environment, they won't be able to recieve it.

So, I think we can only create the video, then upload it somewhere and send the link to Mao's official site. I've always sent my video links on Youtube to her official site hoping she's see them sometime. I think that's as far as we can go too.

Now the problem is, where to upload the video. The easiest will be Youtube. But if you guys don't want to show your faces there, that would be a problem. We can use another free video space, something more unknown, but I'm not familiar with such. Does anybody know a good place?

I personally don't mind my face being on Youtube at this point. I thought it over, and I think in the end that no harm can be done to me even if I do. People rarely remember the faces they see on the net, and even if they do, there's a very very low chance of bumping into them anyway. I'd prefer to comment as Pochi not my real name though.

But for those who don't want their faces up on Youtube, maybe you can write the message, or record only your voice, and have either in the video along with an avatar (illustrations of yourself or photos which are blurry).

I remember a group of fans created a video similar to this for Plush. They had their messages written in various languages with Eng translations I think. No photos, no videos of the senders, but just messages. Still it was edited very beautifully with music and photos of Plush, so it was very nicely made.

Considering all this, I think the following might be the best way:

1.We all write messages in our own languages and also create an Eng translation.
2.We all choose avatars representing ourselves;photos or illustrations of ourselves or whatever. Just an image that'll stand for each member.
3. We all record our voices saying 'Happy Birthday Mao' and 'We love you Mao' or anything that would be suitable, along with each of us reading our messages in our own languages.
4.We all send 1,2 and 3 to the person who will edit the video, along with BGM suggestions if there are any.
5. Have someone create beautiful background images to use for the video. It can be a video (eg. clips of Mao fans cheering, clips of Mao performing...etc.), or a series of background images preferably original and artistic (polosatik might be the perfect candidate to create this).
6. The editor will combine 1,2,3 and 5. Each member's message will be introduced in typed words in his or her language and in Eng, while their voices read out the former, along with their avatar. In the end or in the beginning or both, the editor will edit everybody's voices saying 'Happy birthday Mao' and 'We love you Mao' combining them all together as if where saying it at the same time.

Something like that? What do you think? Question

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:10 am

Oh, it's so sweet of you guys! Mushy Love
I want to participate too, but I don't want it to be uploaded either...I think a lot of people think in the same way Sad
So PochiPota's idea(illustration or photo) will be good for everyone.

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
So, I think we can only create the video, then upload it somewhere and send the link to Mao's official site.
I think it would be better to make a beautifully decorated DVD and then send it to Mao, because 20th birthday is special.
I'm going to go abroad next week for a vacation, so I don't have enough time to do an important part Sad , and I don't have any kind of technique....
But at least I can recruit people in Japanese forum, decorate the gift and send it to Mao. Smile

Kesho:], Welcome to the forum! Very happy to know how Mao is loved all over the world cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:22 am

mingming wrote:

I think it would be better to make a beautifully decorated DVD and then send it to Mao, because 20th birthday is special.

But at least I can recruit people in Japanese forum, decorate the gift and send it to Mao. Smile

Great idea mingming! We should definitely do that!

But also, I do think it would be good to upload it on Youtube, too.
I for one would like other's to see how much we love Mao, and the fact she has fans all over the world.
If we all have our choices to either create our avatar images with photos or illustrations, we wouldn't have much of a problem being on Youtube I think.

And those who want to send a video message, can have their's included only in the DVD. In that way, Mao will and be the only one who sees you in person.

What do you think?

edit: should we upload it on Youtube too, somebody can create an ID for the Mao forum and upload it there. We should choose not to accept messages maybe, so that we don't have to cope with those who write negative stuff.

Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
Back to top Go down
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:18 am

I made another topic http://www.maoasadaforum.com/mao-chat-f5/birthday-video-for-mao-participators-t842.htm so we can acknowledge who actually wants to participate. I think we need a list of people who will join and how they can help.

Back to top Go down
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:19 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Great idea mingming! We should definitely do that!
Thank you! If we decided to do so, I'm willing to do it I love you
Quote :

But also, I do think it would be good to upload it on Youtube, too.
I for one would like other's to see how much we love Mao, and the fact she has fans all over the world.
If we all have our choices to either create our avatar images with photos or illustrations, we wouldn't have much of a problem being on Youtube I think.

And those who want to send a video message, can have their's included only in the DVD. In that way, Mao will and be the only one who sees you in person.

What do you think?

edit: should we upload it on Youtube too, somebody can create an ID for the Mao forum and upload it there. We should choose not to accept messages maybe, so that we don't have to cope with those who write negative stuff.
OK, I agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:29 am

Wow! You guys are so great! I'm so excited with this project!

bellarina is taking care of the promotion, but I think we should back her up. bellarina, if you're reading this, a million thanks to you! Also, thanks for the google docs idea- we really should try to be more organized.

polosatik suggested mediafire and sharehub for uploads. I would also like to suggest megaupload and 4shared, just in case. The easiest and most accessible is Youtube though.

But mingming suggested of a CD/DVD presentation which is a wonderful idea. That's what I first thought too, but I didn't want to impose on the Japanese Mao fans because it'll probably be too troublesome. But the idea appeals to me because at least we know that Mao would ACTUALLY get the dvd if we send it to her directly.

Quote :
Considering all this, I think the following might be the best way:

1.We all write messages in our own languages and also create an Eng translation.
2.We all choose avatars representing ourselves;photos or illustrations of ourselves or whatever. Just an image that'll stand for each member.
3. We all record our voices saying 'Happy Birthday Mao' and 'We love you Mao' or anything that would be suitable, along with each of us reading our messages in our own languages.
4.We all send 1,2 and 3 to the person who will edit the video, along with BGM suggestions if there are any.
5. Have someone create beautiful background images to use for the video. It can be a video (eg. clips of Mao fans cheering, clips of Mao performing...etc.), or a series of background images preferably original and artistic (polosatik might be the perfect candidate to create this).
6. The editor will combine 1,2,3 and 5. Each member's message will be introduced in typed words in his or her language and in Eng, while their voices read out the former, along with their avatar. In the end or in the beginning or both, the editor will edit everybody's voices saying 'Happy birthday Mao' and 'We love you Mao' combining them all together as if where saying it at the same time.

Also pochipota, your ideas are so awesome! Thanks for making a separate thread as a sign-up list. (But what about the nonforumers...Question ) I like the videos you make and how you edit them. I'm sure you can whip up something special for Mao.

Since there are a lot of people who are iffy about the video idea, I think we should just agree on using audio files. That way, it won't be too hard to send to the video editors. Maximum time, as suggested by bellarina, could be 30 seconds.

As for the deadline, I'm sure I wrote this before, but I suggest at least a week before Mao's birthday (Japan time of course!) to get the preparations done.

I also have a suggestion: Write a handwritten message and take a picture/scan it. The message would be the BACKGROUND for the audio sent. And then the avatar could be on the top right of the screen (or top left, whichever you guys prefer). The name of the country where the fan is from would be on another side.

As for the uploading part, I'm all for it, because there's really nothing wrong with showing the world how much we love Mao. Like pochipota said, we can choose to turn off the message option.

Oh, and Kesho:], thanks for joining the forum and showing an interest in our project! It's great to know that Mao has fans all over the world! Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:21 am

Confetti Confetti HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY, MAO!! Confetti Confetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yuki
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:34 am

Happy Birthday, our Princess Mao!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:51 am

Happy Birthday Mao!

May today and coming days be filled with sunshine and smiles, laughter and love!! Love Hearts Love Hearts Love Hearts

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ddmm
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:12 am

flower flower Happy Birthday Mao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! flower flower

All the best!

Dance Love Hearts Daisies for you Cheering Wub
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:19 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Confetti Confetti Confetti Confetti Confetti Confetti

I hope I can release our public message videos during today!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
kirakira
Triple Axel
Triple Axel

PostSubject: Re: Mao's Birthday !!   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:50 am

Happy Birthday Mao-chan!!! Confetti Daisies for you Many Hearts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content