HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Birthday video for Mao participators

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Star85
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
Thanks for all your hard work, PPotanko!

In terms of showing the video to all the participators - I guess the easiest way to do it would be to upload it to some file-sharing website, and hand out the password by email to all the members who participated.

That being said, I do know that some members from this forum who couldn't participate would also really love to see the finished product.

If people decide that they don't want certain aspects of their submissions to be shown in the version that gets sent out to participators, I guess those aspects can be edited out. However, that'll end up generating even more work for the editors of the video.

Sorry I can't offer more practical suggestions - what does everyone else think about this?

As for who sees the video that's just for Mao, and the one for the public that would go on YT? I know some people didn't want their names or pictures of themselves shown on YT, and I didn't either (my name I didn't care about, but my pic, yes). But if it were just the people on the forum, and the people who participated in the video seeing the final video for just Mao, I wouldn't care personally. I'm 99% sure we're all just a bunch of nice girls who like figure skating, and none of us are weirdos Razz lol

Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 pm

chineseteacup wrote:
In terms of showing the video to all the participators - I guess the easiest way to do it would be to upload it to some file-sharing website, and hand out the password by email to all the members who participated.
Wasn't the unlisted video option on YT (see page one and two of the thread) already being considered? It'll remain troll-free and hidden as long as the URL is sent to everyone through PM and isn't haphazardly posted elsewhere. Very Happy

A big thank you to Pochi-san, mingmingming, and hanatsuki for all their hard work! Daisies for you

View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:17 pm

clovera wrote:
chineseteacup wrote:
Wasn't the unlisted video option on YT (see page one and two of the thread) already being considered? It'll remain troll-free and hidden as long as the URL is sent to everyone through PM and isn't haphazardly posted elsewhere. Very Happy

A big thank you to Pochi-san, mingmingming, and hanatsuki for all their hard work! Daisies for you

Sorry for asking, but what is this unlisted video option? Embarassed
I am just worried, bc like aoi85 said, I don't want my pic being showed elsewhere... Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:34 pm

I've sent all the submissions to PochinkoPochanko, and it doesn't seem like we'll receive any more so it looks like we're all set in terms of participants; Pochi just needs to edit now. Smile Pochi made a little introduction for the video that has pictures of Mao from when she was little until now and it's STUNNING, so I'm sure the video is going to be absolutely amazing. I can't wait for Mao to see this Very Happy

Tilitom, that's an awesome idea. I'm so eating a slice of cake on the 25th. Very Happy

Just to let you know, most people submitted private submissions, which means the "public" (by which we mean unlisted) video won't have as much, so it'd be great if those who submitted got to see the final private video. However I think there are some people who ONLY want Mao to see their submission and no one else, so I'm not sure what the best way would be..

Dani-Chan, "unlisted" on youtube means people can't find the video by searching, through someone's channel, etc - the only way they can see the video is if they have the link. This was our original plan for the public video.

Klarification, if you're out there, please contact me! Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Figure_skating_love
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:46 am

PochinkoPotanko wrote:

Okay, I'm going back to work now...I'll try to make something satisfying for all of you. Just wish I had more time! Faint2

PS:Figure_Skating_Love, don't worry, you've made it in time!

Thanks Pochi! You are the best!!!!

Dani-Chan wrote:
lol! lol! Tilitom I loved your idea! I think I can eat a slice of cake for Mao ROTFLMAO

Pochi we appreciate your hard work very much! Thank you for all the dedication Wub

I liked chineseteacup idea, it's a great way to keep the video only for the ones who participated and for the ones on the forum who couldn't, they can let their names and we sent the code for PM, so we can avoid the lurkers. geek cherry

Lol, in my French class, (i teach) all my students know that i'm a huge Mao fan, I often have them do Mao related questions for Extra Credit. Very Happy
We already planned to buy a cake for the whole class in celebration of Mao's birthday! cheers
It feels good to be obsessed! Razz

Last edited by Figure_skating_love on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chiyori
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:05 am

Figure_skating_love wrote:

Lol, in my French class, (i teach) all my students know that i'm a huge Mao fan, I often have them do Mao related questions for Extra Credit. Very Happy
We already planned to buy a cake for the whole class in celebration of Mao's birthday! cheers

How sweet! I'd love to be able to share my obsession at large like you do! Fried

Whether you guys chose to let us, poor people who couldn't participate, see the video, whole or not, I hope we'll still get to see the intro that Pochi did!! Looking forward to that cake on the 25th flower flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:15 am

bellarina wrote:

Dani-Chan, "unlisted" on youtube means people can't find the video by searching, through someone's channel, etc - the only way they can see the video is if they have the link. This was our original plan for the public video.

oh I understand Embarassed This way Pochi can upload the video on youtube and send the link via PM for us, I think it's ok :albino: :albino: geek

Quote :

OMG that is so cute Wub
Unfortunately in my house nobody understands that, I'll have to probably make the cake and eat a slice alone Yep, Sadly but that's ok, for Mao, I can eat a delicious chocolate cake Laugh Sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josling
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:12 am

Hey guys, Smile
I saw this thread no more than a week ago and because of exams ( Rolling Eyes ) I didn't have enough time to prepare a message or something like this. But I need to say that I think this idea is wonderful and it's so nice you work so hard that the video will be as good as possible (which actually means almost perfect...) Thumbs up! I really think Mao will enjoy to see this and I'm a bit speechless by seeing Maofans work so organized and structured to bring this present to perfection Love Hearts
All in all, I'm really sad that I could't participate and so I want to ask if it would be okay at least to see the video. For my part it would be absolutely okay to see just the unlisted video because I understand that you don't want to have your privat pictures in public! So I would be really satisfied to get a PM with the link too but if you don't want that's also okay, it's my own fault! Yep, Sadly

Anyway I want to thank you soo much for your hard work. That's another proof that Mao has just the best fans !!! Thank you! flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tilitom
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:42 pm

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
tilitom wrote:
bibi wrote:
do you think we (people who participated in the video) can get to see the final version that you'll send to mao ? thanks again guys for your work Smile !!

hey folks, on september 20, i will buy a slice of cake and wish mao the best for the coming season (and eat the cake of course)...if you have time, why don't you get a slice too? we mao fans are scattered all over the world but we can be one in thought, action, and spirit!!! let's start this next olympic cycle united and strong!!! go mao!!! Cheering Cheering Cheering

tilitom, why are you buying the cake on the 20th? Isn't Mao's birthday the 25th? Smile

Okay, I'm going back to editing your messages...

Btw, I'm sorry to everyone but I can't include your messages in the original language. My computer simply does not have all your languages, so I can't even see them correctly. I should've known this was going to happen. Sorry to have made you submit both in your own languages and Eng.

I will though, include all your Eng translations along with the Japanese translation, to make it look more international.

I'm putting all my free time into editing, but we have like 33 messages or so, and some still have to be translated into Japanese, and so, you can all imagine what a hard time I'm having here! Razz

Hopefully, it will all be finished by the 21st at the latest, and I'll send it via express mail to IMG with mingming's letter in it.

Let's discuss how we can let all the participants see the final version. I would very much like you all to see how it turned out.

And polosatik has designed a beautiful DVD label which I will print on the disk.

Okay, I'm going back to work now...I'll try to make something satisfying for all of you. Just wish I had more time! Faint2

PS:Figure_Skating_Love, don't worry, you've made it in time!

lol! sheez!!!! yup yup!!! 25 is the big day!!!!!!(how could i get it wrong??!!! Frustrated you!! bad tilitom you!!!) thanks PP Many Hearts and thanks to all those working on the video. i know it's a lot of work. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:46 pm

This is so nice on the 25th i will eat a piece of cake or maybe two lol, sounds like the video will torn out cool! Smile too bad original language couldn´t be added, but still sounds like Mao will love it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:29 am

I LOVE everyone's idea of eating a piece of cake on the 25th to celebrate! I think I will bake a cake on the day, and eat the whole thing generously offer to share it with my friends. Who, me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:18 am

Okay guys, I've just sent off the DVD with the message video in it to Mao a few hours ago. It should reach IMG by tomorrow, and if we're lucky they'll pass it on to Mao by the 25th.

I included: a happy birthday and most likely an explanation letter of what the DVD is written by mingming (I haven't read it cause it was already beautifully sealed), a list of links to sites which had some connection to the DVD (batsuchan & bibi's sites, our forum, and z4mboni & alyssa & inskate & my Youtube addresses because I included some video montages which the 4 of us made in the past; I couldn't contact z4mboni but inskate assured me she'd want me to include her videos of Mao in the DVD) with some details of what kind of sites they are, credits of the staff, and a very short note for Mao to make use of the pause button if the video goes too fast. I put the DVD in a clear case with a printed index of the contents.

Here's a photo of the label by polosatik printed on the dvd (fantastic!):

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/857/img2121h.jpg

Since I haven't slept much in the past few days because of all this editing, I'm going to rest a while now. Meanwhile, I'd appreciate it if you would all consider having the DVD original version video being shown to all the people who sent messages and participated in the project. I am not talking about the public version. It's only for the participants to see.

I don't want you all to get upset, but I've already uploaded the final DVD version video on Youtube in SECURE PRIVATE MODE. Only those who are told the URL can access the page. It will never be found through google nor any other search engine either. I haven't even included Mao's name in the title of the video nor the explanation, plus I haven't added any tags whatsoever.

The reason I had to upload it was for bellarina and the translation team to check if anybody's message was missing or if there were mistakes in the Japanese translation texts. And there were actually some mistakes found by them which I fixed before creating the DVD. You have to have other people check what you've created for mistakes no matter what. And do note that not everyone can recieve heavy video files by email.

So, if all the participants can give the staff permission to show the video in it's original form to other participants, bellarina can email you the URL to the uploaded video. Plz consider this.

And while you do, please keep in mind that re-editing the video, even only to change a few names into IDs or to erase some photos, it's going to take alot of time for me to do so again. When you create a video, you have to have it rendered, and that takes a hell of a lot of time. If in case we will be uploading the video in public, I'd be happy to do all that again, but for an upload which only the participants will be seeing, I don't think it's all that necessary. Besides, since the original version has all your real first names only in it, basically nobody will know who is who. Plus because of the limited space, the original version has the Eng text only in a very small size. You can hardly read them. I focused on making the Japanese translation as large as possible so it would be easier for Mao to read. Those who made audio and video messages are speaking their own languages, and only 2 people are speaking in Eng, so most of you wouldn't understand what the others are saying, too. Those of you who want to know what messages the others have sent can ask them, and if they're willing to, participants can post and share the Eng version in the forum.

Lastly about the public version...not many people are willing to have either themselves or their messages or their names or all of those in it, so we might have to reconsider if it's worth creating and uploading a version to go public. I'd personally like to have it go public on the net, and am willing to re-edit (change names, erase photos etc.). But it all depends on how many people want to be in it. If there are only few, the video won't look as half as good as the original. So it's all up to you.

Thanks for reading, I'm very tired now....so see you all later! Smile

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:16 am

Thank you so much, PochiPota!!
We participators appreciate all your hard working! Worship Please take a good rest tonight! Cloud 9
And thanks again for bellarina, polosatik and all the other participators!
I believe Mao loves it! Love

This is the translation of the letter I wrote.
------------------------------------------------
Dear Mao Asada

Happy Birthday, Mao-chan!
To 20 years old Mao-chan, we-mainly the member of “Mao Asada Fan Forum”(http://www.maoasadaforum.com/forum.htm)- made a DVD to celebrate you. Besides from the fan forum, some other fans participated.
Many fans love you from all over the world.
This time, participators are only a part of them, but we made this with our deepest heart for our beloved Mao. Please take a look of it.
We wish you have a great year.
Best Regards,

From Mao fans

-------------------------------------------------

I personally don't care to having the original version video being shown to others who sent messages and participated in the project. Same as public version.
But as for public version, most participators don't want to be shown their names and pics, so we should consider it very well. We don't need to hurry for it. Yep!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bibi
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:48 am

thank you sooooo much potato and the others who participted in creating the video Smile
As I said before, I would like to see what the final version of the video looks like. So, I don't mind in only the people who participated in the video sees it!
However, I don't want to take part at the public version (If there's one)...and if they're only a couple of people who want to take part at the public version, I don't think it's worth to edit the video all over again and it'll take a lot of time for Potato to do so..
Anyway, Thanks again Very Happy !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mao.asada.site.voila.fr
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:54 am

Thank you so much for your hard work Pochinko! Worship Also thank you Polosatik for that wonderful cover, ballerina, and everyone else who worked on this video. I would also like to see the final version of this video!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dani-Chan
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:42 am

OMG Thanks Pochi, Mingming, Poloska and everyone who took part in making the video, it looks awesome!!! You guys rock!!!!!!!!!! Rockstar Rockstar Rockstar

I don't mind if the participants or the people on the forum see my pic and message, but I don't want to be in a public one. Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 am

You're all welcome everyone! But if there's ever a next time, I'd like to have earlier notice, or have somebody else do the editing! Laugh

Btw, for all of you who do not want to be in the public video (if we make one), would you be willing to consider the following options to be included?

1. change real name into something different
2. change face photo avatar into something different
3. change video message into text message
4. change audio message into text message
5. erase some sentences which might identify you in text message
6. some combination of the above 5

Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
Back to top Go down
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:18 am

To PochinkoPotanko and ALL the people who were involved in the making of the DVD: a round of applause!

As to the sharing of the video: I'm fine with my picture, first name and audio message being shown in the participators-only version.

I have to say that I'm rather excited about seeing/hearing some of the faces/voices of Mao's lovely fans on this forum. There's just such a wonderful sense of unity and friendship about the whole making of this video: the very short time it took us to get everything set up, everyone taking time off from their busy schedules to make artworks and record messages, the compiling/editing/translation team's efficiency and diligence...it really reinforces how widespread Mao's fan base is, and really, how much love there is for Mao Many Hearts

As for any potential public versions: The only part of my contribution that I'm comfortable with showing to the public is the poster/artwork I made. So far, it seems that most of the participators don't want their faces or names shown to the public. Maybe the public version can just be a slideshow of all the artworks, with the original music playing? Again, this will be a lot more work for PPotanko...what do you guys think?

ETA: Just saw PPotanko's new comment - I really like idea numbers 3 and 4!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:25 am

I'm absolutely fine with showing my face,name and message to the public. It looks I'm the only one! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~*AAA*~

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:54 am

I hope we can see the same version sent to Mao^^
It's ok for me to reveal the message to the public. We can share our love with Mao fans who did not participate the event for all kinds of reasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alyssa
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 am

I'd like to change the avatar.

"Beauty pleases the eyes only; Sweetness of disposition charms the soul" ~ Voltaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PrincessMaoFan
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:12 am

Here are some shots:

menu 1 of dvd/the thumbnails are of the first 5 seconds of all the vids playing

menu 1 of dvd/there's a 'd' missing in the end of the upper right video title, but in the actual dvd menu I added it. The lower right video's title is wrong too. It's 'Mao in Lucky Star'. This was also fixed in the dvd so don't worry

label design by polosatik

label printed on dvd

I used a template for the menu...sorry! I wanted to create an original one but didn't have enough time. Depressed Crying

Back to top Go down
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:20 am

Pochi, the DVD layout look so awesome! Thumbs up! Btw, did you include Zamboni's "Mirror of my dreams" video (the one with the jazz music)? That one was superb. Um, I just want to ask is that furry thing in that last photo one of your cats? Too sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:31 am

aoi88 wrote:

Pochi, the DVD layout look so awesome! Thumbs up! Btw, did you include Zamboni's "Mirror of my dreams" video (the one with the jazz music)? That one was superb. Um, I just want to ask is that furry thing in that last photo one of your cats? Too sweet!

Sorry, I didn't include "Mirror of my dreams"...first I wanted to put every montage by everyone, but then the dvd became over 40 min or so, and it would've taken me like 3 hours to render it, so I had to give up and choose. inskate said she wanted 'Reflection' in so that wasn't a matter. But I couldn't ask z4mboni and Okami their choices, so I had to choose for myself. And it was a bit confusing because most of the videos in z4mboni's channel were her's but some were done by her and Okami. Okami seems to share the same channel with her. So well...for these reasons and also my personal preferances, plus there where alot of childhood photos in 'Road to Sweden', I chose that and 'Moderato Nobile' for the 2 of them.

But sorry guys...I included 2 of my own videos. Editors privilege, forgive! Worship

Oh, and yeah...the furry thing is my oldest cat. There was another one in the left end of the bookshelf who didn't make it in the photo. Laugh

Back to top Go down
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:43 am

It's a pity that I couldn't finish my montage in time Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   

Back to top Go down

Birthday video for Mao participators
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next