HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Birthday video for Mao participators

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
polosatik
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:43 am

And btw I think it will be better to put audio, video and image files in three different videos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:06 am

This is a great idea. cheers I have a question. Do we send the finished product to that gmail address? Btw, about spreading the message, I think it's fine to do it on places like twitter, personal blogs, and ontd_skating, but I would hesitate spreading it on general forums like GS and FSU. As someone who frequent those boards, I feel something like this will attract a lot of unnecessary comments from ubers. And most people there are general skating fans. The ones that like Mao also like a lot of other skaters, so they might not be up to this kind of project. I would think her more dedicated fans would already know of her forum. This is just my personal opinion though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:23 am

PochiPota, about the final video, maybe we can use 4shared, sharehub, megaupload or mediafire. I haven't tried uploading in them though, so I'm not sure which would be the best video uploader.

If I can help you PochiPota, I would... But I don't speak Japanese and I certainly can't do any translations. Do you think there's anyone here who can help you or be your partner/s? Neutral

To anyone with better suggestions, please tell us now. Time is running out! Worship

To aoi88: I think the general idea is to send the message/video/audio to the email and the editors would take over from there. And don't worry. Most of us agreed that we'll use youtube's unlisted video option to not attract attention from rabid trolls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:35 am

polosatik wrote:
Pochi,if I want to make a blend and write a message in russian where, I need to give a translation to you?

In that case, yes. If you send me and Eng translation of what's written in it, I'll translate and add Japanese subtitles. I will also try not to put subtitles directly over you and other people's artworks, so not to ruin them. I think showing them in full size first without subs, then after a while small sizing them and adding subtitles beneath them might be a good way. But in the end, since we don't have much time, everyone would have to leave the decision of how the messages are edited to the person who does it, whether it be me or somebody else.

As for splitting the contents, I was thinking of splitting them into 3 chapters like polosatik suggested if we end up with loads of messages and other material. But if there aren't that many, it might be better to combine them into one video using Star85's or somebody else's music. It all depends on how much material we end up with, I guess... Smile

Quote :
PochiPota, about the final video, maybe we can use 4shared, sharehub, megaupload or mediafire. I haven't tried uploading in them though, so I'm not sure which would be the best video uploader.

Me neither...I once tried megaupload once, but I had trouble understanding how exactly I should use it. I also had difficulty watching what I had uploaded there afterwards. I guess, once you get used to these things it's so easy, but if not there are always complications. If there is somebody who has alot of experience in using these services who can guide all new users, then I think there shouldn't be much of a problem. But I think the private upload option clovera told us about might be good enough, if we're going to upload the contents when it's finished just for all participants to see it.

By the way klarification, I think there should be a limit to length in text messages too, like up to how many words in Eng or when translated into Eng. Suggestions? Question

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
tianrushui
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:03 am

From my experience, mediafire is the best video uploader^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:07 am

Yep, everything (final product, translations, etc) can be sent to the email address and I'll give the password only to whoever's editing the video for privacy purposes. I know emails have attachment limits, so for videos, you'd need to upload them somewhere (megaupload, mediafire, etc) and just send the link by email.

Okay, I haven't gotten that many responses from facebook or ontd_skating yet, so most people submitting things are from this forum. I have 16 people on my list as of now (aoi88, you're submitting, right? I included you in that number). Around how many are we looking for? Oh, and if you've mentioned you're participating, could you let me know if you want to do the private or public video or both? I'm assuming everyone wants to at the very least do the private video, so I think we should finish that one first as that has a deadline..the public one can be finished later, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PochinkoPotanko
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:22 am

bellarina wrote:
I'm assuming everyone wants to at the very least do the private video, so I think we should finish that one first as that has a deadline..the public one can be finished later, right?

Yes, we can think about whether there should be another one, or where we should upload the DVD contents later. Let's focus on the one we'll be sending to Mao. And sorry I forgot toreply to your former post. Yes, I'll be participating by sending Mao a text message and along with a photo of myself. But if nobody wants to do the editing besides me, I'll just include it when I edit. And bellarina, plz send the messages to the people who will do the Japanese translations first. I'll recieve the messages along with their translations from them. I'll try to catch mingming and hanatsuki and ask if they can help. Smile

Mao's Guradian Angels (Facebook):To join plz contact me via PM
Mao Asada Fan Forum YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaoAsadaFanForum
JAPAN FIGURE SKATE FORUM: http://japanfigureskate.forumotions.net
Personal Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PochinkoPotanko
mingming
Triple Flip
Triple Flip

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 am

・I would like to perticipate in private one.
・I want to send my message in text and an illustration.

PochinkoPotanko wrote:
Also, if mingming can write a letter on behalf of all of us to send along with the DVD to Mao, I would love that. I'm probabaly going to be exhausted by the time the DVD is finished, so I don't think I would be the right person to prepare that. We definitely need a letter to go along with it. I will send mingming or whoever is willing to write the Japanese letter my address via PM, so he or she can send it to me when it is done. It can be sent to me even before the editing is finished, so I can post the DVD to Mao as soon as it's ready, too. This way, we can save alot of time.
I'm willing to write Japanese letter Very Happy As for wrapping and posting DVD, I feel sorry but PochiPota's suggestion would be better..thank you so much I love you And I think IMG Japan would be better than JSF to send it to, IMO.
I'd like to take a part of translation from English to Japanese, though I'm not good at it.
Quote :

I was thinking of promoting the project myself in our Japanese figure skating forum, but to be honest, if I do there are going to be a tremendous amount of folks who want to join probably. As it seems I'm the only one who's announced candidacy for editing so far, it might not be possible to edit hundreds and thousands of peoples messages in due time. I'm a bit worried about that...so I'm only going to tell some main members in the Japanese forum about this. Besides that, it seems somebody in our country is also making a birthday message video for Mao in Japanese, so ours can be based mostly on fans outside Japan and members in our forum.
I agree with PochiPota, Japanese SNS mixi's Mao fan community has over 30,000 members Razz , so we don't need to spread this project in Japan.

Thank you PochiPota, bellarina, klarification, chineseteacup and polosatik!

Quote :

List so far is:

klarification
alyssa
polosatik
Pochipota
clovera
bellarina
Ken Himura
linglang
bibi
Star85
roma
illani
mingming
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:34 am

Great! I added people who expressed interest in other threads but didn't "sign up" yet - if that's you, please check your PMs because I'll be PMing you asking for more details (if you're indeed submitting, what type of submission you're sending, and making sure you want it in the private version) - that brings the total for now to 22.

Just a heads up in terms of organizing the video(s): most of the submissions seem to be paper messages or graphics, and there are very few video messages, so splitting them up by type might end up unbalanced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hanatsuki

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Thank you, PochiPota, for the PM Very Happy

Wow! What a great idea!!
I'd be happy to join the translation team if I could be of any help Woot!

As for adding something special along with a message, I am not sure if I could send mine, though...
I am too skill-less and clueless when it come to computer stuff Bawling

Will it be OK to send just a text message?
If so I would like to put mine in a private one.
If not, please count me out but let me still help you guys with translation~.

Thank you!

Quote :
List so far is:

klarification
alyssa
polosatik
Pochipota
clovera
bellarina
Ken Himura
linglang
bibi
Star85
roma
illani
mingming
hanatsuki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:28 pm

hanatsuki, yes, text messages are fine! Adding additional things like avatars/images is optional. I'll add you to the list - now we have 23! Yay!

Pssstt: anyone reading this who hasn't signed up yet, please consider doing so! It doesn't have to be anything fancy- it can be very simple. (That's probably preferred because it'd be easier for our editing team lol).

ETA: If you're signing up, make sure to read klarification's post on the first page for guidelines/rules. That post has pretty much everything you need.
ETA 2: I emailed the non-Ballerina On Ice people with the new guidelines and deadline, so they're up to speed on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kesho:]

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Quote :
List so far is:

klarification
alyssa
polosatik
Pochipota
clovera
bellarina
Ken Himura
linglang
bibi
Star85
roma
illani
mingming
hanatsuki

;D I had already send my MP Smile just wondering about time of the video and dead-line
wonderful idea guys! *-*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://foro.thelsalvador.com
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Kesho:] wrote:
Quote :
List so far is:

klarification
alyssa
polosatik
Pochipota
clovera
bellarina
Ken Himura
linglang
bibi
Star85
roma
illani
mingming
hanatsuki

;D I had already send my MP Smile just wondering about time of the video and dead-line
wonderful idea guys! *-*
The maximum length for the video is 30 seconds. The deadline is now September 13th Japanese time. Thanks Kesho:]!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 pm

Please add me to the list Very Happy I shall be sending

1. A picture of a birthday message
2. An audio of myself and a few others wishing Mao a happy birthday.

Thanks, guys!

Also, may I make a suggestion? Would it be possible for everyone who participates to receive a copy of the final video? Not a hard copy or DVD - just a digital one through some file-sharing website. I personally would really love to see the finished product.

I think we can have it on good faith that no one who receives a copy will distribute it publically, or upload it to any public video/file-sharing sites like Youtube.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goldmao

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:39 am

List so far is:

klarification
alyssa
polosatik
Pochipota
clovera
bellarina
Ken Himura
linglang
bibi
Star85
roma
illani
mingming
hanatsuki
chineseteacup
goldmao

I'm particpating as well Yep! with text message + audio + drawing(s)

and I agree with chineseteacup it would be cool if every participant can see the result of it all.... hopefully everyone's ok with it, because I am really looking forward seeing it all put together Confetti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klarification
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:22 am

bellarina, I'm impressed with your tireless efforts to make our project a success! You need to receive a lot of cookie points!

hanatsuk
i, you can ask PochiPota or bellarina about the details. If it's translating, I'm sure you can be of much help to them because you can help lighten the burden~! Thumbs up!

chineseteacup, we've already discussed that the video would be uploaded on youtube, but it will be unlisted so only the ones who know about the the link can watch it. But I like your idea too. Maybe after we finish, we can upload it in mediafire/megaupload/etc

I also updated the new guidelines on the first page. If someone wants to promote our project, be sure to use the guidelines. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:28 pm

I think kesho:] also asked to participate Very Happy

Here's the list so far (in alphabetical order):

alyssa
bellarina
bibi
chineseteacup
clovera
goldmao
hanatsuki
illani
Ken Himura
klarification
linglang
mingming
Pochipota
polosatik
roma
Star85

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luckyone
Double Axel
Double Axel

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:20 pm

I want to participate, i will make her a text in spanish and in english
I think its the only thing i can participate Sad
I really wanna wish mao a happy birthday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:25 pm

Luckyone wrote:
I want to participate, i will make her a text in spanish and in english
I think its the only thing i can participate Sad
I really wanna wish mao a happy birthday

Hi Luckyone! I've added you to the (steadily growing Razz) list:

List so far (in alphabetical order):

alyssa
bellarina
bibi
chineseteacup
clovera
goldmao
hanatsuki
illani
Ken Himura
klarification
linglang
Luckyone
mingming
Pochipota
polosatik
roma
Star85

Suggestion: Anyone interested in signing up from here on in - feel free to copy and paste the list, add your name in, then post your comment Very Happy That way we can always have an up-to-date version for the registration people/video compilers to work with Yep!.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellarina
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Also note that the new deadline is September 13th Japanese time! Hope everyone can finish their submissions by then.

The list above ^ is a list of participants from this forum only. We have 4 non-forum people signed up as well (I don't want to put their info/usernames just in case they don't want it on the forum). Should I try more promotion? I haven't been getting as many responses outside this forum as I'd hoped.. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chineseteacup
Triple Loop
Triple Loop

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:31 pm

bellarina wrote:
Also note that the new deadline is September 13th Japanese time! Hope everyone can finish their submissions by then.

The list above ^ is a list of participants from this forum only. We have 4 non-forum people signed up as well (I don't want to put their info/usernames just in case they don't want it on the forum). Should I try more promotion? I haven't been getting as many responses outside this forum as I'd hoped.. Sad

I think the above list (plus the 4 non-forum participators) is work a-plenty for the video compilers/editors as is Yep!. So, I wouldn't worry about not getting any more responses from outside the forum. And anyway, the less people there are, the more Mao gets to focus on us lol!.

But people who still want to sign up are more than welcome to do so!

Also, can anyone get in contact with Batsuchan? She hasn't been around the forum that much lately. She may want to get involved in the project?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aoi88
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:37 am

Count me in. cheers About contacting Batsuchan, I'll try PMing her. I'm sure she doesn't want to miss this. flower

alyssa
bellarina
bibi
chineseteacup
clovera
goldmao
hanatsuki
illani
Ken Himura
klarification
linglang
Luckyone
mingming
Pochipota
polosatik
roma
Star85
Aoi88
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MikiAndoFan#1
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:53 am

I can't believe I missed this thread!

Depressed Crying

Can I still join?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
linglang
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:57 am

I'm not a moderator though, I think anyone is still welcome because the deadline is the September 13th Japanese time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inskate
Dedicated Mao Fan
Dedicated Mao Fan

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am

I'll do my best to participate as well Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday video for Mao participators   

Back to top Go down

Birthday video for Mao participators
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next